• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Game Play Advice and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Beginners are allowed (generally speaking, though I guess it's unfair to assume that's always the case), but unless you're an unexpectedly uniquely talented beginner, don't go in expecting to mop the floor with your opponents (or really win much at all). Go for the exposure to the atmosphere and the different playstyles.

resilientcrab

Smash Rookie
Beginners are allowed (generally speaking, though I guess it's unfair to assume that's always the case), but unless you're an unexpectedly uniquely talented beginner, don't go in expecting to mop the floor with your opponents (or really win much at all). Go for the exposure to the atmosphere and the different playstyles.
Thank's allot i was able to finally email the tournament host and ask (waiting on response). But thanks for the answer this makes me feel a little bit better! I'm hoping this communities game will be nice its been amazing from what i have seen so far thanks!!!

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
@ Raijinken Raijinken is pretty much correct. I've never been into a tournament that never allowed beginners. The only tourneys that I know are like this are ones with pre-qualifiers, which are rare.

However, I do want to say ahead of time that your focus on your first tournament is to learn how everything works. Tournaments can take forever (especially if it is disorganized). Make sure you have snacks available.

Your first tournament experience will be a nerve-wrecking one. Your first match, you will feel pressured because you want to do well. This is normal, so don't worry if you start feeling tournament jitters. The best way to get rid of that is to keep playing till the end.

Finally, tournaments are actually the best way to get friendlies. Before or after the brackets happen, just step up and ask if anyone wants to play. Almost always they'll agree to it and go a few matches. Be sure to take advantage of that.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
My biggest problem right now is that I tend to air dodge right before hitting the ground in an effort to evade my opponent. Naturally I get punished for this all the time, but I'm not really sure what other options I have when returning to the stage while I'm directly above my opponent. I'm trying to force myself out of this habit and just land and shield immediately, but I feel as if that is a bit risky too.

Any tips/advice?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Does anybody know a good guide anywhere for people brand new to the game? For someone who is still learning the basic controls and actions? I gave the 3DS version and my old 3DS to my younger cousin as a Christmas present since I already own Wii U now, and I figured she could have more fun playing it than I would, and as a way for her to practice at home while I'm not around. She's still playin' around with the game and trying to find which characters she likes best, but she still has difficulty utilizing all of the basic actions and I'm not really good at explaining things myself. I know there are a ton of beginner guides for Smash around the internet, but most of the ones I've seen require somebody to at least get a grasp on the controls before you can actually use it, and I don't think it may be of much help for her. Specifically she's having a hard time doing these and has a few bad habits too:
  • Cannot use all 5 aerials (she also uses Tap Jump, so that might have something to do with it)
  • Has difficulty performing smash attacks consistently
  • Doesn't seem to shield much
  • Sloppy recovery techniques, tends to mess up the input and die sometimes
  • Doesn't use her shield much

I was thinking of going to a tournament this Saturday (If I can go...) and bring her along with me if she can come, and I thought maybe the other players over there could play some friendlies with us and help me show her how fun it can really be and also help tutor her. Anyone think that's a fine idea? I will miss the ease of custom move unlocks though, may have to borrow it back from her for that..

EDIT: Also, is there a decent cheap controller worth checking? I'm getting sick of using my wii u gamepad..
Yo can someone still answer my question? Tournament next Saturday, and I thought of bringing my cousin to a doubles tournament for once. Need this answered before then...

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Yo can someone still answer my question? Tournament next Saturday, and I thought of bringing my cousin to a doubles tournament for once. Need this answered before then...
If she's going to play at a tournament, her being able to do those things will probably have zero impact towards the outcome. She's just that new. You could be setting her up for some real disappointment if you're trying to get her "tournament ready" just for her to find out she is gonna get roflstomped. She's also going to be transitioning from using a 3DS to what I am assuming is a Wii U tournament. My point is considering that most people use the C-stick to do Smash attacks and some aerials so I could recommend that she start using the C-stick but she won't have any way to practice with that. There's honestly no guides for doing aerials - those are the simplest inputs and she will just have to go to training mode and fumble around. The rest of those things you listed just come with experience.

GameStop sells their own brand of really crappy (for Smash) but functional GameCube controllers from $8-$15.

Last edited:

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
So c-stick nairs. I do this a fair bit in actual battles just because of imprecise inputs, and it's really obnoxious... But when I go into training mode and actually try to do it, I literally can't get it even once. Are there any subtleties to c-stick nairs that could help me do it on demand / avoid inputting it accidentally?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
If she's going to play at a tournament, her being able to do those things will probably have zero impact towards the outcome. She's just that new. You could be setting her up for some real disappointment if you're trying to get her "tournament ready" just for her to find out she is gonna get roflstomped. She's also going to be transitioning from using a 3DS to what I am assuming is a Wii U tournament. My point is considering that most people use the C-stick to do Smash attacks and some aerials so I could recommend that she start using the C-stick but she won't have any way to practice with that. There's honestly no guides for doing aerials - those are the simplest inputs and she will just have to go to training mode and fumble around. The rest of those things you listed just come with experience.

GameStop sells their own brand of really crappy (for Smash) but functional GameCube controllers from $8-$15.
True, she probably would get roflstomped, but that's kinda the point. I bring her to the tournament for the learning experience and just to have fun, and she already knows she would get bodied. When I was in her boat, I got bodied immediately the first few times I went to tournaments (and sometimes I still do), but there's something I learned from those guys I played with: I'm supposed to get roflstomped, that's how people learn, isn't it? And that's why I'd take a video camera with me to record her matches so she can learn from her (something I do all the time) mistakes more easily that way, and she's mainly happier to play in the friendlies before & after the tournament rather than the full event itself, so she can still learn from that too since tons of cool peeps there help me help her. And while it is a Wii U tournament with GCC setups, it does allow for people to use 3DSs as controllers too, so depending on her choice she might not have to switch. I don't exactly aim to get her "tournament ready" that fast, I meant more like "competent ready" where she's got the basics and physical execution down, so she start the real learning experience afterwards, the tournament being one of them. Just sayin.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
So c-stick nairs. I do this a fair bit in actual battles just because of imprecise inputs, and it's really obnoxious... But when I go into training mode and actually try to do it, I literally can't get it even once. Are there any subtleties to c-stick nairs that could help me do it on demand / avoid inputting it accidentally?
There are 2 ways to Nair with the C-stick that I'm aware of:
  • Use "Attack" set to Cstick with custom controls (TiltStick)
  • Be online and have it hiccup to where it reads the inputs on separate frames (Cstick literally sends "A" + "Direction", and for some reason lag can cause "A" to be read before "Direction" meaning you Nair)

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
My biggest problem right now is that I tend to air dodge right before hitting the ground in an effort to evade my opponent. Naturally I get punished for this all the time, but I'm not really sure what other options I have when returning to the stage while I'm directly above my opponent. I'm trying to force myself out of this habit and just land and shield immediately, but I feel as if that is a bit risky too.

Any tips/advice?
If you feel too pressured to land on the stage, go for the ledge and recover that way. It's more risky (especially if you roll up the ledge), but getting past ledge pressure immediately puts you on the stage and you can go back to doing your thing.

Otherwise, if your opponent is jumping towards you, fastfall is generally a good way to avoid juggles. Since you play Pac-Man, using the hydrant is an excellent way to obtain some breathing room.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't fully get the idea behind c-sticking a nair, I just tap A or Z out of jump. @ Zage Zage you can also use a low commitment attack and zone out the person.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Been messing around with things.

Switched back to the gamecube controller for the 1st time sense melee... which I never learned any advanced tactics in.

At this point I only have computers to play against... I am time and transportation challenged atm but that will get fixed in time.

I switched my R button to jump to make the low jump easier. Also switched the Y button to grab so all options would be close by my tumb at any given moment.

I am seeing the benefit of C stick smashes... the side A method I could do with the wii remote and nunchuck 90% of the time... but this is still easier.

Any thoughts on any of this?

Can I get a link to a low jumping guide? How to best apply that technique?

I am still having issues shielding. Instincts are still telling me to doge... and when I remember to shield I get grabbed and mad. Any thoughts on how to practice that?

EDIT: and one more question. The gamecube controllers I have are old... and one of them in particular has seen better days. I know that 1st party one's aren't manufactured anymore. I have had nothing but bad luck with 3rd party controllers... but is there a good one for smash out there? Good both in useability and durability? What do most high end tournament players use?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
For C-sticking Nair. Most reliable way is to set C-stick to attack and then hit diagonally in any direction. So with GCC as an example, you will want to aim for the notches around the C-stcik which are between up and right, right and down, down and left, and left and up.

Jensm89

Smash Rookie
Hello, DK main here. Was just wondering if there's any rule of thumb as to when to use certain attacks according to damage percentage? Thanks.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
True, she probably would get roflstomped, but that's kinda the point. I bring her to the tournament for the learning experience and just to have fun, and she already knows she would get bodied. When I was in her boat, I got bodied immediately the first few times I went to tournaments (and sometimes I still do), but there's something I learned from those guys I played with: I'm supposed to get roflstomped, that's how people learn, isn't it? And that's why I'd take a video camera with me to record her matches so she can learn from her (something I do all the time) mistakes more easily that way, and she's mainly happier to play in the friendlies before & after the tournament rather than the full event itself, so she can still learn from that too since tons of cool peeps there help me help her. And while it is a Wii U tournament with GCC setups, it does allow for people to use 3DSs as controllers too, so depending on her choice she might not have to switch. I don't exactly aim to get her "tournament ready" that fast, I meant more like "competent ready" where she's got the basics and physical execution down, so she start the real learning experience afterwards, the tournament being one of them. Just sayin.
Going to a tournament - which is a lengthy affair - just to get roflstomped is arguably not a good use of time in most peoples minds, because it could make someone not want to spend another basically-full-day doing it again.

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Going to a tournament - which is a lengthy affair - just to get roflstomped is arguably not a good use of time in most peoples minds, because it could make someone not want to spend another basically-full-day doing it again.
That's cool, but she could just go for the sake of playing.

resilientcrab

Smash Rookie
@ Raijinken Raijinken is pretty much correct. I've never been into a tournament that never allowed beginners. The only tourneys that I know are like this are ones with pre-qualifiers, which are rare.

However, I do want to say ahead of time that your focus on your first tournament is to learn how everything works. Tournaments can take forever (especially if it is disorganized). Make sure you have snacks available.

Your first tournament experience will be a nerve-wrecking one. Your first match, you will feel pressured because you want to do well. This is normal, so don't worry if you start feeling tournament jitters. The best way to get rid of that is to keep playing till the end.

Finally, tournaments are actually the best way to get friendlies. Before or after the brackets happen, just step up and ask if anyone wants to play. Almost always they'll agree to it and go a few matches. Be sure to take advantage of that.
Wow thanks man that is so helpful. I e-mailed the owner, he said the tourney is for everyone and i should come by and meet some friends learn how to play! and then said they also do events every Thursday as well so i'll go to that to see what's up as well. But i'll make sure to take a snack, and i'll remember to not get upset if i loose or anything xD! thanks so much!!!

nottl

Smash Rookie
I am a new player to smash, not to FGC. I am about to sound super scrubby and whiny because boy am I feeling like both of those things, lol.

I am getting rofl-stomped in our group of scrubs. The big thing: I have absolutely no idea how to punish rolls properly and I have not found a easy answer to this browsing around. The slightly lesser big thing: I have no idea how to punish people using the basic "hold forward" get up option off a ledge, which I seem to die from all the time and no one else does in our group.

Everyone in our group rolls constantly to the point that I know pretty much the exact situations/times that a roll is coming, and I can't do a damn thing about it most of the time. I'm playing Falco/Shulk/Meta Knight.

Shulk I have the easiest time with, I usually just try to sh.fair or run grab. MK dash attack/dash grab is fine, sometimes side B if I'm really feeling it. But all of those miss if they spot dodge, which one of our less scrubby players does occasionally, and both roll and spot dodge seem to have like no lag whatsoever. And it makes my brain bleed because I don't understand the rock/paper/scissor here. Those defensive options literately beat everything, specifically:

With Falco, it's the worst, and this is the main reason I decided to post here- I knew my opponent was going to roll, I ran to where they would be after the roll, and I did a run up-smash as they rolled into it. They were apparently still invincible even though they had stopped rolling/were no longer flashing during the first swing of the upsmash, then they were able to block the second hit of the upsmash. Like, I'm standing in the exact same spot as them, I read the god damn book on them and it didn't matter.

It's really frustrating for me because all of these guys are button mashers in like every single other fighting game. It's intuitive for me to punish step in Tekken or anti-air DP on reaction in a 2D game, but I literately have no idea how to stop basic scrub stuff in smash. I've watched hours of Zero playing and even sometimes he's just like "this guy rolls a lot" and doesn't actually punish any of the rolls. This can't really be how it is, is it? This really isn't that dominant and I'm just missing something, I hope...

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
How exactly do you do a pivot grab? I often get a pivot Ftilt instead. Why does this happen? When do you get a pivot Ftilt and when do you get a pivot grab when you run, turn around and grab?

This is costing me matches @_@

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You basically want to press the grab button as soon as you hit the control stick to turn around. Any later and you get an Ftilt instead.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I am a new player to smash, not to FGC. I am about to sound super scrubby and whiny because boy am I feeling like both of those things, lol.

I am getting rofl-stomped in our group of scrubs. The big thing: I have absolutely no idea how to punish rolls properly and I have not found a easy answer to this browsing around. The slightly lesser big thing: I have no idea how to punish people using the basic "hold forward" get up option off a ledge, which I seem to die from all the time and no one else does in our group.

Everyone in our group rolls constantly to the point that I know pretty much the exact situations/times that a roll is coming, and I can't do a damn thing about it most of the time. I'm playing Falco/Shulk/Meta Knight.

Shulk I have the easiest time with, I usually just try to sh.fair or run grab. MK dash attack/dash grab is fine, sometimes side B if I'm really feeling it. But all of those miss if they spot dodge, which one of our less scrubby players does occasionally, and both roll and spot dodge seem to have like no lag whatsoever. And it makes my brain bleed because I don't understand the rock/paper/scissor here. Those defensive options literately beat everything, specifically:

With Falco, it's the worst, and this is the main reason I decided to post here- I knew my opponent was going to roll, I ran to where they would be after the roll, and I did a run up-smash as they rolled into it. They were apparently still invincible even though they had stopped rolling/were no longer flashing during the first swing of the upsmash, then they were able to block the second hit of the upsmash. Like, I'm standing in the exact same spot as them, I read the god damn book on them and it didn't matter.

It's really frustrating for me because all of these guys are button mashers in like every single other fighting game. It's intuitive for me to punish step in Tekken or anti-air DP on reaction in a 2D game, but I literately have no idea how to stop basic scrub stuff in smash. I've watched hours of Zero playing and even sometimes he's just like "this guy rolls a lot" and doesn't actually punish any of the rolls. This can't really be how it is, is it? This really isn't that dominant and I'm just missing something, I hope...
It's true that rolls are extremely difficult to deal with and it seems to be part of many things that make this a completely different kind of game vs. Melee or even Brawl. The best advice I have heard so far is that we shouldn't be trying to punish rolls outside the rare occurrence of predicting or actually reacting to them. If I anticipate a roll, I just use something extremely fast with low commitment like a jab or ftilt. I really want to stress that this is a completely normal reaction to rolls. Players with many years of Smash experience have told me that they aren't sure of what to do or what it means, so in my opinion it's best to treat this game as something completely different. The strategies that work in a typical Smash environment just don't apply here.

I think it's pretty easy to reset the neutral with rolls, so the best way to deal with rolling is to use projectiles that cover a lot of area and are slow moving, like any of ROB's or Villager's. In my experience the early meta is strongly influenced by this. Otherwise, you have to play characters that are good at getting up close and personal and making those hits count (Diddy Kong, maybe Falcon, Little Mac is underrated when played right).

Last edited:

Rokuro777

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shocking_Bawls
For C-sticking Nair. Most reliable way is to set C-stick to attack and then hit diagonally in any direction. So with GCC as an example, you will want to aim for the notches around the C-stcik which are between up and right, right and down, down and left, and left and up.
Kind of a noob question, would this give you tilts on the ground?

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Nair is already fast, stop trying to propagate crazy controller alternatives. What is the real advantage to having c-stick set to attack? "Player preference" is not a real reason.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Nair is already fast, stop trying to propagate crazy controller alternatives. What is the real advantage to having c-stick set to attack? "Player preference" is not a real reason.
Take a chill pill.

A person asked a question and I answered with what was the most reliable way to accomplish it.

I have C-stick set to attack personally so I can FF aerials and move during aerials more consistently in this game because of how C-stick set to Smash works in this game. At first I though I could get use to flicking it in like frame 1~ so I could FF aerials and move during them but I can't consistently do it so I switched.

And the hell you talking bout. Player preference is a very real reason for a particular person. There is no objective best control scheme.

Sheesh. You make it sound like I'm trying to force everyone to change their controls when all I'm doing is giving advice to people when they ask a question about control schemes.

Kind of a noob question, would this give you tilts on the ground?
C-stick set to attack does indeed mean it will do tilts instead of Smash on the ground, and if you hit diagonally while on the ground it will do a jab.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Take a chill pill.

A person asked a question and I answered with what was the most reliable way to accomplish it.

I have C-stick set to attack personally so I can FF aerials and move during aerials more consistently in this game because of how C-stick set to Smash works in this game. At first I though I could get use to flicking it in like frame 1~ so I could FF aerials and move during them but I can't consistently do it so I switched.

And the hell you talking bout. Player preference is a very real reason for a particular person. There is no objective best control scheme.

Sheesh. You make it sound like I'm trying to force everyone to change their controls when all I'm doing is giving advice to people when they ask a question about control schemes.

C-stick set to attack does indeed mean it will do tilts instead of Smash on the ground, and if you hit diagonally while on the ground it will do a jab.
You are entertaining the lunacy of doing nairs with the c-stick. Stop. You are sending people on their way to focus on **** that neither matters nor worth taking the effort to learn. Using the c stick to do nairs is not a practical matter as opposed to setting it up for cancels.

Believe it or not, a person can be rational, calm, and sincere when saying something. I just roll my eyes every time your Dark Age mentality compels you to make a point of something irrelevant. Just because someone isn't patronizing you doesn't mean they need to calm down.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You are entertaining the lunacy of doing nairs with the c-stick. Stop. You are sending people on their way to focus on **** that neither matters nor worth taking the effort to learn. Using the c stick to do nairs is not a practical matter as opposed to setting it up for cancels.

Believe it or not, a person can be rational, calm, and sincere when saying something. I just roll my eyes every time your Dark Age mentality compels you to make a point of something irrelevant. Just because someone isn't patronizing you doesn't mean they need to calm down.
No. A question was asked on how C-sticking Nair worked. I answered the question. That it is all. They didn't ask if it was a good idea. They didn't ask if they should bother to learn it. They asked how it worked, and they asked how it worked to figure out how to avoid using it I believe. There is nothing more to it.

Hey. You Started with making an irrelevant point first in a condescending manner where you didn't even know what you were talking about as it is clear you didn't read the question that was asked about C-sticking Nair. Get off your high-horse, I know you're better then that.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
No. A question was asked on how C-sticking Nair worked. I answered the question. That it is all. They didn't ask if it was a good idea. They didn't ask if they should bother to learn it. They asked how it worked, and they asked how it worked to figure out how to avoid using it I believe. There is nothing more to it.

Hey. You Started with making an irrelevant point first in a condescending manner where you didn't even know what you were talking about as it is clear you didn't read the question that was asked about C-sticking Nair. Get off your high-horse, I know you're better then that.
Condescending would be talking sweetly down to you like you are a child. I can do that if you want.

RevengeLatty

Smash Rookie
hey what's good guys I have a quick question about character choice. which character in this game is good at footsies and space control. I am having a hard time trying to look for such a character in this game as it is new to me and want to dedicate my time to one character for not. Atm the characters i like are Link,Robin,Marth,Ike,Shulk,Dark Pit,and palutena

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I used c-stick for nairs with Jigglypuff in Brawl.

I don't like attack stick for anyone in this game, but just saying.

Mercify

Smash Cadet
NNID
C-Grain_Chrom
In Smash 4 I main Lucina, and I have trouble against a couple characters. In addition to practicing the match ups I've decided to try and pick up a character or two to counter act the match ups I have trouble with in case I am in a sticky situation. I mainly have trouble playing against mario, zero suit samus, link, ness, and villager. What characters have favorable match ups with them and if you have tips for how to go against those characters as Lucina please let me know. Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Rosalina and Fox are what immediately come to mind. Ness too.
I can go into more detail if any of those 3 interest you. :3

Mercify

Smash Cadet
NNID
C-Grain_Chrom
Rosalina and Fox are what immediately come to mind. Ness too.
I can go into more detail if any of those 3 interest you. :3
Okay thanks, if you do not mind what are the ups and downs for fox and rosalina? I'd like to choose one of them.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Okay thanks, if you do not mind what are the ups and downs for fox and rosalina? I'd like to choose one of them.
Fox has a combo game that can overwhelm the majority of the characters you mentioned, also has very little landing lag which means you can retract from a mistake if you are properly deciding when to use attacks that do have lots of lag. Fox is generally a character with little to no counter matchups and is strong against the majority of the characters.
Rosalina forces these projectile-based characters to have to get up close and personal, because otherwise Luma will just take the majority of the hits. As long as you can get them out of their comfort zone, you'll have an advantage.

Fox has a bit of trouble against other limb-based characters like Falcon and Sheik. Not much, but it's relevant. This would mean you would have shared trouble with Sheik because Lucina is another character who suffers in the matchup. Fox would be the way to go, but they would still outspeed you and likely dodge any punish you go for. Don't be discouraged though! This means if you learn the matchup well enough, you'll have a solid duo.

Rosalina actually has the SAME issue but primarily with Sheik and Fox. Fox isn't an issue for Lucina, but as said before, Sheik is. Rosy can't keep up with such speedy characters that can just take out Luma as they please. Again, learning the matchup with either of them (In this case Lucina is the way to go) will help you out in the long run.

Mercify

Smash Cadet
NNID
C-Grain_Chrom
Fox has a combo game that can overwhelm the majority of the characters you mentioned, also has very little landing lag which means you can retract from a mistake if you are properly deciding when to use attacks that do have lots of lag. Fox is generally a character with little to no counter matchups and is strong against the majority of the characters.
Rosalina forces these projectile-based characters to have to get up close and personal, because otherwise Luma will just take the majority of the hits. As long as you can get them out of their comfort zone, you'll have an advantage.

Fox has a bit of trouble against other limb-based characters like Falcon and Sheik. Not much, but it's relevant. This would mean you would have shared trouble with Sheik because Lucina is another character who suffers in the matchup. Fox would be the way to go, but they would still outspeed you and likely dodge any punish you go for. Don't be discouraged though! This means if you learn the matchup well enough, you'll have a solid duo.

Rosalina actually has the SAME issue but primarily with Sheik and Fox. Fox isn't an issue for Lucina, but as said before, Sheik is. Rosy can't keep up with such speedy characters that can just take out Luma as they please. Again, learning the matchup with either of them (In this case Lucina is the way to go) will help you out in the long run.
Alright thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it!

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
Working on a few tactics and slowly making progress.

I know I got some channels but can anyone link a playlist of a tournament that has cometary that might help a lousy player like me learn? Quite a few of the one's I am finding are just way to quick talking to pick anything up.

If possible I would prefer local play instead of online play if possible.

Last edited:

Mercify

Smash Cadet
NNID
C-Grain_Chrom
No problem man, if you need anymore help just ask ^^
I have one last question, as you know my main is Lucina/Marth depending on the matchup if I want the tipper or not. Besides that I was going to choose fox or rosalina like you suggested, but I already know how to play link and zelda well. So If I can play Link, LucinaMarth, and zelda what character(s) would make the most sense to also side main?

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I have one last question, as you know my main is Lucina/Marth depending on the matchup if I want the tipper or not. Besides that I was going to choose fox or rosalina like you suggested, but I already know how to play link and zelda well. So If I can play Link, LucinaMarth, and zelda what character(s) would make the most sense to also side main?
I wouldn't recommend having more than 3 mains (counting Marth/Lucina as one), but if you want to then go ahead and challenge yourself! The main reason is that you won't grow as quick and will likely reach a skill cap quicker because you're juggling between the same playstyles and combos.
Link + Lucina is a nice standard combo, you pretty much cover everything with just that. Rosalina would be the only thing that comes to mind that could give you trouble, and if that's the case, then pick up Fox.
You select your own mains, but try to base it off who you have fun with and get good results with, ya know? Or who you are determined to get better with so you CAN get good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom