• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

Unvote

chaco|rajam
#161: D1 begins
#499: N1 begins
#501: D2 begins
#876: N2 begins
#878: D3 begins

#HBC | BadWolf
  • #312: Willing to believe the part where BWolf gets salty with Laundry. BWolf =/= Laundry.
  • #314: Good question, putting scum JeXs in a hard position. BWolf =/= JeXs.
  • #332: Confusion seems legit. Not scum with Potassium.
  • #428: Last paragraph: What? This is something really odd to be SvS. More BWolf =/= Potassium.
  • #452: Pretty much sealed at this point: BWolf not scum with JeXs.

#HBC | Gorf ( Independent Arsonist )
  • #341: Read on BadWolf feels honest. Lean of Gorf not scum with BWolf.

#HBC | Laundry ( Town Combat Medic )
  • #267: "i'm not sure if i buy this" line at the end adds more to the disconnection between Laundry and Ryu.
  • #268: A new avenue to continue pressing Ryu. Yeah Laundry vs Ryu is not SvS 99% sure.
  • #270 & #272: Lean of Laundry not scum with Orbo.
  • #379: Laundry trying to read BWolf's slot feels legit. Not scum with him.
  • #407: The comparison to make Orbo look worse feels like Laundry =/= Orbo.

#HBC | Nabe
  • #399: Initial question is actually good. Lean of Nabe =/= Laundry.
  • #425: Seems like trying to put a trap onto Laundry? Not something seen in SvS. Nabe =/= Laundry.

#HBC | Red Ryu
  • #249: Disconnection with Laundry originated with Laundry's vote on #242 solidified at this point.
  • #291 to #293: More Ryu =/= Laundry.

Ice and Fire (Town Comparison Cop)

Jdietz43
  • #304: Returns loaded question and adds scrutiny to Ryu's hop on Potassium. Lean of Ryu =/= Dietz.
  • #429: Good analysis and also JDietz =/= BWolf.
  • #434: First response: Liking the way he attacks Laundry. Lean of Dietz =/= Laundry.

JeXs (Mafia Vanilla Cop)
  • #277: Lean of JeXs not scum with BWolf due to extra line after first period.
  • #371: Pretty much JeXs =/= BWolf.
  • #464: Definitely a post to be analyzed.
  • #464 & #465: The extra reasoning added in #465 about Ryu being town doesn't fit SvS, since if that were the situation, I think JeXs would've been ok with just the explanation given in #464. Lean of JeXs =/= Ryu.

KevinM
  • #466: With real chances of one of Laundry or Dietz being vigged in case of the existence of a vig, I don't think KevinM is scum with JeXs and Laundry, or scum with JeXs and Dietz.
  • #466: Why wasn't Nabe included in the "can be vigged/checked during Night" list if he was getting upset with his play?

Maven89
  • #181: Seems unnecessary attention to bring on himself and JeXs if he were JeXs' scummate.
  • #357: Last paragraph: The defense on Potassium seems honest. Maven not scum with Potassium.
  • #482: Rereading when close to a hammer? Lean of town sign here.
  • #482: If he were scum with JeXs and Laundry, why would he try to shift the wagon from one scummate to the other? Maven not scum with both JeXs and Laundry.

Orboknown ( Vanilla Townie )
  • #200: ? Orbo and Nabe not both scummates?
  • #239: Good question. Trying to read the slot. Not scum with Maven.
  • #378: Demanding more content and effort from a pretty-much-rather-dead course of pressure. This is not SvS (Orbo =/= Laundry)

Potassium
  • #342: Question not necessary to make as SvS; puts JeXs in a bad position considering JeXs' push died after realizing BWolf confused me and Potato. It also was the starter of the big wagon and ultimately the lynch on JeXs. Lean of Potato =/= JeXs.
  • #370: First line, after first period: Interesting observation. Potato =/= JeXs?
  • #416: Potassium not scum with both JeXs and Laundry.
  • #424: Good analysis that basically clears Laundry in case JeXs flips scum, which is something I don't see scum doing. Potato not scum with JeXs.
  • #521: Makes the same observation I did regarding Maven's #181. Town points for Potassium.

Sons of Hardbody
  • #445: Lean of Hardbody not scum with JDietz, since the chances of someone vigging JDietz were very real at that time regardless of JeXs' flip

Unvote
  • #472: Not cool with KevinM avoiding my #354.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
BadWolf: Townfirmed.
Nabe: Not interested due to claim shenanigans; The drop of pressure on Laundry in D2 fits with claim also.
Ryu: Not townfirmed, but not a priority toDay with the current info at hand.
JDietz: Pretty much in the same tier as Ryu.
KevinM: Can die due to PoE and lack of particular town signs.
Maven89: Dropping my strong town read on him, although still not a priority; in the same tier along with Ryu and Dietz.
Potassium: Townfirmed. My reread of D1 makes me keep him in this position. Check the notes I made on Potassium to confirm.
Hardbody: Can die due to PoE. None of his posts has left a town impression.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
KevinM, Hardbody

Maven, Ryu, Dietz (ordered although the differences are minimal)

Nabe

BWolf, Potassium

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Hardbody, your thoughts on the rest of the playerlist?

Why Kevin? Explain

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
lol rajam....i love how yu listed zero things to make me likelier scum while listing jd/mav/ruy as null then called me scum anyway

ill get to this l8r this weekend. i hav a question for nabe doe. is ruy still town?

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Anyone want to give me a tldr so I can have some semblence of understanding of who I'm going to proxy until end game?
Dietz claimed hunter (can kill someone if lynched). Almost lynched yesterDay but after Nabe claimed and after Dietz posted some more content, he saved himself

Laundry claimed vig/bodyguard and that he attempted to vig Dietz N1. That fueled the hate on Dietz since Laundry thought he was BP Indy.

Nabe claimed roleblocker and that he rblocked Laundry (and hence that'd be why Dietz didnt die).

That's on the claims department. For reads, check my big post at the beginning of this page and the posts that come next. If you trust me, we should be lynching either KevinM or Hardbody toDay (KevM has already 2 votes, Hardbody has none).

Kantrip

Kantplay
Laundry dying solidifies Nabe town for me.
Unvote is town.
Badwolf is town.

Dietz is most likely town.

I want to see more from Ruy. I liked him early game but he has dropped off and it's disconcerting.
KevinM is straight null and needs to die at some point before LyLo.
Sons of Hardbody are probably scum.

Maven should be dying toDay, especially after Gorf flipped not-mafia and Laundry was night killed.

Vote maven

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Kantrip do you think we can delay Maven? I see you also agree with Hardbody scum, and I'm afraid that if we leave him alive he'll just make his way through 'cause it'll get harder to lynch him once obv town players begin to get nightkilled and less prominent voices charge against him; I don't see that'd be a problem with Maven. Thoughts?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'm pretty sure Hardbody/KevinM/Maven dying in any order will win the game for us (with a side order of Ruy). I'd go Hardbody first if that was the consensus.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Vote: Sons of Hardbody

I dont want a quicklynch though. I need to see Ruy do stuff and maybe give kev a chance to get in the game

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
Laundry dying solidifies Nabe town for me.
Unvote is town.
Badwolf is town.

Dietz is most likely town.

I want to see more from Ruy. I liked him early game but he has dropped off and it's disconcerting.
KevinM is straight null and needs to die at some point before LyLo.
Sons of Hardbody are probably scum.

Maven should be dying toDay, especially after Gorf flipped not-mafia and Laundry was night killed.

Vote maven
how the **** is kevin null when HE SPENT THE ENTIRE GAME PUSHING LAUNDRY/JD/ORBO AS SCUM? yu realize they were all town and thus hes pretty much guaranteed scum? cuz yu read kevin off his pushes and what they flip?

lmfao potato and his **** reads man. i now know how adum felt in bingo

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Honestly I've been preoccupied with the other game the last few days and most of this game had slipped from my memory. Keeping track of two mafia games is difficult. Because of that I held off my vote until I could re-read. I made it clear earlier I was waiting for a re-read before I made a real post.

Yeah that's all from Lovers mafia, which you were a part of. I pushed Jex the entire game and made an *** of myself, hence my jokes around him early game here. I also hammered two townies that game, and the main lesson I learned was patience. I saw no reason to hammer a person when we still had time left to find out more information. I made it clear in my post that I would hammer Jex if it came to it, and that I found him scum.

I'm re-reading while writing this post, so the thoughts are as I go along

Badwolf, Sons of Hardbody, Potassium, and Gorf are going to be considered town by me unless something changes, their hardbody on Jex doesn't seem something scum would ever do to each other. Of those, the least townie I have is Gorf, but only because Badwolf is basically confirmed now, and the other two had posts before the hardbody pushing for Jex. I still think Gorf is town.

Yeah, I'm definitely suspicious of Orbo now. The Jex push was the only thing going on in the thread and he just largely ignored it. I really don't like that he's going to be gone for 7-14 days, so @MOD request Orbo is replaced.

Laundry's scumminess has decreased for me. I remember him being way more slimy in his approach, but now I don't really see it. I also saw him voting Jex at the end to be a panic gamble by scum, but now I'm not as confident in that.

My concern is with Jex's approach. He continued to push for Badwolf even after it seemed obvious it'd get him lynched. It's possible he thought he could turn it around, but that doesn't seem likely. More inclined to believe he was resigned to being lynched. If so his scum mates might have voted for him in the later half.

Early game I was suspicious of KevinM, but his vote on Jex seemed really genuine. I don't know how else to put it.

Jdietz, however, is who I'm really suspicious of.

In other posts he casts suspicion on Jex, but here uses the idea that Jex is town to vote for Laundry. When the Jex push started he had a single post arguing with Jex, then just completely ignored it and posted the above, then later said

I don't see the logic in this. That's also the very last thing he posted and no one has seen him since.

Vote: Jdietz
Regarding this coloured paragraph: Knowing now that Orbo was town, I think that a scum-Maven would've used this as a reason to keep Orbo in his scum pool rather than request a replacement for the slot.

Whole quote sends me more town vibes than scum ones. Note how limited his scum options are (basically Dietz and Orbo); with that in mind, a scum-Maven would attempt to keep as many nulls as possible as second-options, but the reads offered for Laundry and KevinM, plus the requesting a replacement for Orbo, do the whole opposite. This just doesn't fit as scum.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That's a great way to talk to someone you're trying to compromise with.

I don't recall KevinM pushing much of anything. You, on the other hand, have had pretty crappy pushes all game that I remember quite clearly.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't understand marshy's plea to go with KevinM first and saying we can lynch him right after. The order shouldn't matter, we have only lynched scum so far and are in a great spot. Marshy trying to weasel his way out of a lynch doesn't sit well with me.

marshy->maven->kevinM->ruy

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I don't understand marshy's plea to go with KevinM first and saying we can lynch him right after. The order shouldn't matter, we have only lynched scum so far and are in a great spot. Marshy trying to weasel his way out of a lynch doesn't sit well with me.
marshy->maven->kevinM->ruy
-says order doesn't matter

-posts lynch order

-says we're scummy for preferring kevin b4 us

rofl

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
That's a great way to talk to someone you're trying to compromise with.

I don't recall KevinM pushing much of anything. You, on the other hand, have had pretty crappy pushes all game that I remember quite clearly.
act like a clown and ill treat yu like 1 boi

i dont care if you remember what kevin has posted. that just solidifies how awful yure playing and are putting in zero effort to actually finding scum. my "crap" pushes have consisted of 2 flipped scum and laundry/jd/nabe the first 2 of which i backed off once they started playing and the third that every1 wanted dead so bad a wagon formed within a page. if yure gonna try to push me as scum at least do it in reality

Kantrip

Kantplay
When I said the order doesn't matter I was saying that we have enough lynches to play around with our pool of potential scum. That doesn't mean when one of those potential scum tries to negotiate their way further down the order I won't see it as suspicious.

Knowing KevinM is not making it to endgame, what reason do you have to negotiate us just "lynching KevinM first and then lynching you right after."

That request has no townie intent. If you're consenting to the fact that both you and KevinM are getting lynched before LyLo, why does the order matter to you at all? It just looks like you're trying to delay your lynch long enough to kill off the people who can get it done and weasel your way into a power position by manipulating the weaker players who are left.

So yes, I didn't have an order before. But now I want you to go first

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
yur suggestion as to what im doing as scum is trash. you/unvote/nabe hav disliked me for awhile. i hav no wiggle room

are you seriously trying to argue that i shuld lay down and die instead of try to lynch some1 ive been wanting to die since yesterday? thats dumb as ****

do this town a favor. iso kevins posts and realize hes spent this entire game pushing town lynches outside of a late wagon hop onto jexs. he doesnt hav many posts so it wont take longer than 5 minutes if yu use the search function by selecting this thread and looking at "posts by member". actually play this game instead of torturing the rest of us by yur butchering of null tells and misinterpretation of the simplest **** behind protown motivation

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
yur suggestion as to what im doing as scum is trash. you/unvote/nabe hav disliked me for awhile. i hav no wiggle room

are you seriously trying to argue that i shuld lay down and die instead of try to lynch some1 ive been wanting to die since yesterday? thats dumb as ****

do this town a favor. iso kevins posts and realize hes spent this entire game pushing town lynches outside of a late wagon hop onto jexs. he doesnt hav many posts so it wont take longer than 5 minutes if yu use the search function by selecting this thread and looking at "posts by member". actually play this game instead of torturing the rest of us by yur butchering of null tells and misinterpretation of the simplest **** behind protown motivation
+1

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
and with that im out to a party. im pulling up kevins posts either when i get back or tomorrow as well as scrounging thru the nulls

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll reread Kev for sure

I'm not saying you should lie down and take the lynch, but it just doesn't make sense to consent to being lynched as long as Kev is first. Kev doesn't have any wiggle room either.

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
I'll reread Kev for sure

I'm not saying you should lie down and take the lynch, but it just doesn't make sense to consent to being lynched as long as Kev is first. Kev doesn't have any wiggle room either.
it makes sense. i want my scumread dead and i refuse to have awful townies deny me the obvious play cuz "oh **** marshy might make it past this day phase if we dont kill him now" which is horse**** considering the playerlist and my standing with them. by yur logic it doesnt make sense as EITHER ALIGNMENT. its cuz i personally want to lynch kevin due to his play this game. now actually LOOK at the circumstances of this game

1. Sons of Hardbody [marshy / Kary]
4. Chaco / Rajam
5. Red Ryu
6. Jdietz
7. Maven89
10. Nabe
11. Potassium
13. Badwolf
14. KevinM

ok. now lets move onto the players strongly considered town

4. Chaco / Rajam
10. Nabe
11. Potassium
13. Badwolf

with a null/scum pool

1. Sons of Hardbody
5. Red Ryu
6. Jdietz
7. Maven89
14. KevinM

one is bigger than the other. what town needs to WAKE UP and realize is that putting one of of the null/scum pool into the town pool loses the game

d3 lynch 6/2
n3 kill 5/2
d4 lynch 4/2
n4 kill 3/2
d5 lynch 3/2

THIS MEANS WE CANT JUST SAY **** IT AND STEAMROLL EVERYONE WHO IS NULL. IT MEANS TOWN ACTUALLY HAS TO PLAY MAFIA. IT SUCKS. I KNOW

im not confident enough in calling any of those players town that id stake the game on it (tho i actually did get pretty town vibes from jd yesterday but even if he was town it wouldnt help us cuz thered still b 2 players from that pool hed have to shoot between on the final day)

who did nabe jail?

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-5#post-17828059
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-6#post-17830827
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-6#post-17830845*
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-6#post-17830850*
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-6#post-17831314
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-6#post-17831321
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-7#post-17837811*
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-8#post-17843459
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-10#post-17855421*
http://smashboards.com/threads/g3s-mafia-xl-edition-day-3.368854/page-12#post-17861691*

these are the important posts especially the first. kevinm was the FIRST person to throw orbos pile into the scum pool. i dont kno if yall remember but thats kind of a big deal cuz orbo prolly wouldve been written off as null otherwise. laundry gorf and rajam would later pick up on the orbo hate and keep ****ting on him despite him not being scummy. this started cuz of kevin n reminds me of **** i do as scum in that i pick a null and start ****ting on them hardbody twisting their actions/perception as scummy when in reality its not. kevin latching onto a null so early n spinning im as scum reminds me of that

last 2 links are his lynch pools n theyre townies...but **** looking at it i actually understand why he put them there cuz those players were playing like **** at that time. sucks that kevin wasnt consistently active or else thisd b a lot easier cuz the thing i like least is him introducing the orbo scumread to town but that isnt much

reading over maven n ruy l8r. ima prolly skip jd cuz if he lives til endgame wed have to lynch em and have im shoot a ***** anyway #lazylyfe

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
was thinking about this game today n i thiiiiiink im fine with that as well. that read being correct wuld mean town has enough lynches to burn that wed b good after all

something i realized is that i hav no memory of ruy this game n i remember him pestering kevin wit some dumb questions he shrugged off early in the game. i wonder if its a kevin + ruy team? but i dont hav much an impression from maven either. more l8r i been busy

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

are you scum? did yu deduce anything from me vs nabe?
No, I kinda figured more out from Laundry vs Nabe than elsewhere.

You on the other hand I'm more concerned how you addressed Nabe, given flips and reads.

You are, however not who I want gone. I want Kevin gone more than anyone else at this point if he is not going to do much outside of push wrong directions.

I did say I was going to post but I need to study a lot more tonight and tomorrow morning, so this has to wait.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vote: KevinM

Orbo painting as a concern seems legit, and I'm not a big fan of how he never elaborated on his Laundry "flip-flop" read after I asked him to when pushing Laundry. And we certainly can't have him stay to play in endgame, so it should probably be toDay. Maven is the other slot I'd consider based on the fact that both sides of Gorf v Maven were reachfests and Gorf flipped Indy.

I'm not lynching Hardbody first over KevinM or Maven just because of paranoia, that's not at all helpful. I am fully confident we can lynch Hardbody if we want to later without issue, but I'm not going to pretend that wanting scummy slots dead before your own is scum.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I kinda figured more out from Laundry vs Nabe than elsewhere.

You on the other hand I'm more concerned how you addressed Nabe, given flips and reads.

You are, however not who I want gone. I want Kevin gone more than anyone else at this point if he is not going to do much outside of push wrong directions.

I did say I was going to post but I need to study a lot more tonight and tomorrow morning, so this has to wait.
I'm not seeing a vote.

Maven89

Smash Master
Re-reading through Day 1, Red Ryu is who I'd lynch. He added no information and I noticed he tried a slimy defense of Jex

Unvote voted Jex, Ryu says:

I'm assuming this is Rajam, what does Chaco think of this who knows town and scum Jexs?
then later

Ignore what you know of him as a player from the past, does his play right now stand to lynch him?
Then immediatly he flips and says "wow Jex looks bad", yet he never votes for him or expands on this and sits the rest of the push out. He also has a weird connection with Hardbody, and keeps reading him town despite never expanding on it.

@everyone else, what are your thoughts on this?

Also I'd say that I (probably) read Gorf correctly. I said he was avoiding the spotight and was pushing me to distract attention from himself, he might have thought I was scum but everything I said fits with him being independent, even if I thought he was mafia.

Top Bottom