• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm curious how you got to a 'solid' townread off of anything Unvote has posted. I don't remember them even doing that much.

also completely off topic, nice post. It's refreshing to see some reads in the thread.
I don't find his conclusions scum-motivated. He reread and was the first to realize I'm townie and the first to realize that Ruy's play fell off a cliff. He's also one of the primary motivators of the Jexs wagon. He's been actively pushing Orbo to do things as well (though that can be said of everyone it doesn't hurt his case). It's like reading Ranmaru, where you can tell he's not doing an incredible amount at the moment but you can see the innocence shining through. I see no reason to distrust that slot and therefore he is town.

:186:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ruy's most likely a scapegoat. Potentially scummy, would investigate later, but unlikely to be scum. Him latching onto Dietz is just stubbornness linked to him thinking he's still right.

Uhh what?

I never let a hunter or super saint live once claimed. Only time I did was in Os' Megaman game when I was sure something was fishy how scum was looking for Circus to take you down with him.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@Laundry dude at the time i said this dietz, one of my lighter scum reads, was the optimal play by his own accord, and the popular shot choices were mostly all players that were reasonably suspicious (orbo and nabe to be specific). i spent time telling people why you being a good shot target was really really bad. all i wasnt doing was pushing YET ANOTHER player into the limelight. what does that do aside from just add MORE **** to the thread? laundry. nabe. dietz. hardbody. kevin. me. ruyish. ALL these people were being thrown around as being able to die toDay. all that pushing maven into the limelight did at the time of that post was add yet ANOTHER possible direction and leave town with EVEN LESS of a definite direction toDay. unlike most, i dont feel the always feel the NEEEEEEED to get my way every Day. at this point, imma be lobbying for maven cuz things have shifted n i think he definitely deserves to be shoved into the limelight.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
out of context but y'all need to realize there's a difference between @Laundry and @ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

one of them is some inactive dip**** that took the name years before i joined preventing me from being just "laundry" in the first place

the other one is me and actually alerts me when you're addressing me

i'm out again

#HBC | Gorf

channeling past experiences :)...

this post looks very good in context and is the very first post directing, like, LEGIT concern about jex. if his concern is consistent i'm sure unvote is among us freedom fighters :)!

then THIS post happens, and i'm feeling the red flags raise in my head man. chainsaw defense? maybe. an attempt of detracting attention from his scummate? possible. it just makes me wonder why the little maven that could decided to disregard what the guy was saying when he said it, especially with this sort of reasoning. "a guy who makes so many posts should have time to make more than one post?" we either have an absent-minded prophet on our hands or a guy who's unsure what to say, and this hippie ain't feelin that vibe :glare:

i mean, like, i suppose it could have been a joke at this point in the game, but i dont buy that a freedom fighter maven would just straight up discount the avenue, especially since like his point toward unvote seemed like he TOTALLY meant to be legit.

glad i reread now :). one of my main points of looking back was to see whether or not it was both kantrip AND jexs who were making my stomach turn, but the progression of kantrip's read seems very obvious here and i totally feel cool calling him a freedom fighter :)

this is also making me a little uncomfortable. not only is it a parrot of what was going on, but his read on potassium being town is super weird and his discomfort of the jex wagon's progression even though he's scumreading him is really... discomforting (HA! YA GET IT?!).

as a side note: i see a LOT of yellow font being posted but not a lot of meat from the yellow font. like, reading orbo's posts have left me with almost no impression on his impression (HA! I DID IT AGAIN MAN!) on the game. theres just a lot of open ended questions and unresolved issues. i like kevin because of his insistence to bring him to light out of all of the relevant posters, which i think is something of a stretch for scum to do regardless of orbo's alignment.

okay so i feel like i have a pretty strong frame of consciousness about the thread again. time to read up on what's been going on toDay man!

yea :)
i still feel strongly about everything i posted here. his approach to the jex wagon is super easy for scum to make and i wouldn't be surprised if both of jex's mates (assuming a 3 man team) hopped aboard that ship before it sank. plus even though he was scumreading him the dude tried putting the brakes on the wagon. like **** who does that to their scum read?

to be continued...

#HBC | Gorf

btw if you guys couldn't tell i finally came down from the acid. maaaaaaaan good times :)

didn't see this before. 1, I was town

My Rajam vote wasn't rvs but an attempt to get what I thought was a lurker to post. I specifically mentioned this in my vote.

I assume Marshy didn't want Badwolf in the game, but since he's here Marshy is just making the best of it. I don't see it suspicious.

Orbo - I don't know how you came to the idea that me/Unvote could not be in the same faction. you said it's unlikely I'd do that to a scum mate, but why? I don't understand this

On Badwolf: I believe he's town. He seems innocent and reads like he made an honest mistake, I don't see him being scummy.

On Jex: when I first read his post chain with Badwolf I read Jex as being very aggressive. Looking back on it, I don't see that aggression. however

Dude you're sounding like me in Lovers.

You say "He couldn't explain it" but he did explain it. You might not believe his explanation but that's no right to just pretend he didn't have one. It looks like you're trying to say both that Badwolf lied about his Potassium mix up because he's scum, while at the same time trying to say he had the mixup because he wasn't reading because he's scum. Those can't both be true.

That sounds slippery. You think Jex is scum but because you don't know for sure you're not going to vote? No one ever knows for sure.

I don't see the JD hate, I don't know if it's a meta reason or what, but I can't read him either way. I feel Jex is off and Laundry is trying to be as slippery as possible. In the end I'd prefer a Laundry lynch

Vote: Laundry

I think Ice&Fire and Badwolf are obvtown. I'm suspicious of Marshy and Orbo. The rest I'm not sure.

I'm suspicious of Marshy because I don't see the JD hate and see Laundry as being incredibly slimy, while Marshy seems to think people pushing for Laundry are scum.
oof

"dude youre sounding like me in lovers." for contextual purposes, in lovers maven was noted as tunneling the everloving **** out of bardull/chaco and jex and continued coming up with reasons to confirm his suspicions that ended up clouding his perception of anything to the contrary. first off this is completely and utterly wrong, jexs was really just trying to find different ways to try and make badwolf accidentally pin himself and the leaps he made are of an immediate nature, unlike maven's elongated conspiracy theories. but that's really aside the point. laundry was one of the only other really viable wagon choices at this time and there was relatively plenty of time left in the Day. the swing from jexs' wagon to laundry's wagon is maven banking on a swing and it's grimy as ****. "i feel jex is off," well in your last string of posts you were saying jex was "def suspicious" for the way he treated badwolf. what made you go from "def suspicious" to "off" in the matter of those couple pages?

More details! I think they're both scum but there's the possibility that Jex is just having a bad game. I don't feel Laundry has that excuse, hence voting for Laundry over Jex. But you can count me in for the Jex lynch and I'll hammer him if it somehow comes to it
look at the subtle hints of derailing the jex wagon and tryna switch over to laundry? and for what? a post saying that he wants to double check the content before he places his vote on jex? the reaching is real.

#HBC | Gorf

I'll admit on reread his behaviour around jexs was kind of strange. He had this weird hardon for him in RVS, called him scum later on for reals, and then when the Hardbody commenced he got cold feet and started pushing for Laundry.
wow

i can't believe i'm saying this but kantrip you're on the money in this post. but i think you're overspeculating and delving into too much wifom when you come to the conclusion that he CAN'T be a communicating member of the scum team.

Maven89

Smash Master
the swing from jexs' wagon to laundry's wagon is maven banking on a swing and it's grimy as ****. "i feel jex is off," well in your last string of posts you were saying jex was "def suspicious" for the way he treated badwolf. what made you go from "def suspicious" to "off" in the matter of those couple pages?

Saying something is off is saying something's wrong with it.

look at the subtle hints of derailing the jex wagon and tryna switch over to laundry? and for what? a post saying that he wants to double check the content before he places his vote on jex?

I never asked anyone to change their votes, I was just saying where I felt comfortrable putting my vote. You, on the other hand, could at least pretend too be readiing my posts beause i never said anything about double checking

[quote ="#HBC | Gorf, post: 17905582, member: 146703"]the reaching is real.[/quote]

Yes it is

#HBC | Gorf

Huge FOS on Gorf right now. I feel like he's just throwing **** to see if it sticks. The fact that he loaded a bunch of questions my way then just abandoned it when I responded makes me feel like he has no real interest in his push on me.
i also STILL think this is opportunistic as ****

also, i'm noticing that maven's kinda just idling by this entire phase, hopping from one case to the next. first he said that lynching orbo isn't cool to lynch cuz he's inactive. then he dropped his jd and laundry suspicion after they claimed, then hopped onto me. THEN he said he's cool with lynching inactives on this very page, but since there's one inactive (that was officially no longer inactive at the time of his post) he'd rather em just be replaced... but he leaves his stance on the subject at hand empty. i'm sure i'll find more convenient stances as i continue but ultimately, he's hardly doing anything with these stances. he's basically just drifting in the wind.

Maven89

Smash Master
The Jex post was the way he was insisting that the only mindset that made sense for badwolf's post was that he was mafia

#HBC | Gorf

Saying something is off is saying something's wrong with it.

I never asked anyone to change their votes, I was just saying where I felt comfortrable putting my vote. You, on the other hand, could at least pretend too be readiing my posts beause i never said anything about double checking

[quote ="#HBC | Gorf, post: 17905582, member: 146703"]the reaching is real.
Yes it is[/quote]

usually when i post or read that somebody's "off" i take it as kinda just a slightly bad feel at most unless it's followed by a "really" or a "very" of sorts. but still the fact that your motivation to derail one of your highest scum read's wagons when it was at l-1 for another is alarming.

the last two sentences of my post were referring to the one post you quoted of laundry to drop suspicion on em. good try though, you almost looked like you were going to pin me for something.

#HBC | Gorf

So someone sitting out on major town discussions and not pushing their opinions is scummy then?
only when it's coupled with wanting to change the wagon of a scum member while still putting it out there that one dislikes the player who's wagon they're trying to derail. i'm actually writing about tells like these and many others in my new book "arguments to bring up when newb scum is trying but failing to turn the tables of suspicion onto you." it's available on amazon you should check it out.

#HBC | Gorf

I think our hands our tied this day. Jdietz has to die, we have to know if he's telling the truth or not, and so this conversation should be about who he is going to kill.

Unvote
Vote: Jdietz

I do not like Sons of hardbody right now, but I'd be really shocked if Jex was bussed that hard early in Day 1.
here's his next move, dropping me who he's reeeeally suspicious of and moving onto sons of hardbody!

Maven89

Smash Master
:Lol Gorf your push is so incredibly grimy

look at the subtle hints of derailing the jex wagon and tryna switch over to laundry? and for what? a post saying that he wants to double check the content before he places his vote on jex? the reaching is real.
I'm starting with this first, because despite you pretending otherwise this is the only real point you have.

Please explain how me saying I'm OK with Jex's lynch and will hammer him if no one else will is somehow "derailing" the lynch. I was being overly cautious with my vote, I was wary of hammering people after Lovers. But to pretend me not hammering Jex is me derailing his lynch is ridiculous.

You keep saying I was "banking" on a swing, like you can somehow read my mind. Please explain this. Please explain how anyone can think what I said would sway 8 people to drop their votes and move to Laundry.

"dude youre sounding like me in lovers." for contextual purposes, in lovers maven was noted as tunneling the everloving **** out of bardull/chaco and jex and continued coming up with reasons to confirm his suspicions that ended up clouding his perception of anything to the contrary. first off this is completely and utterly wrong, jexs was really just trying to find different ways to try and make badwolf accidentally pin himself and the leaps he made are of an immediate nature, unlike maven's elongated conspiracy theories. but that's really aside the point.
This had absolutely no reason to be posted except for Gorf trying to poision the well and discredit me before I could even have a defense. "Oh there goes that crazy maven trying to say Gorf is scum"

This shows that he wasn't bothering to read the thread and only cared about posts that related to him. This means that he doesn't bother about people that are not him. His "gut scum" read on you is also very fake as he couldn't explain it and it happened immediately after suspicion was raised on kantrip, when he did explain though, it was untrue and he admitted that, he thought one of unvote's posts was yours, which brings us to my first point
For the record, this was the post I had quoted when saying he was reminding me of Lovers, a quote that directly contradicts what you claimed Jex was doing. I said something very very similar to Jex in Lovers, and kept insisting him supposedly forgetting a scum read meant it was a fake scum read and therefore he was scum. Here Jex is saying Badwolf forgetting a post meant he wasn't really reading the posts and therefore he was scum. Looks pretty similar to me.

also, i'm noticing that maven's kinda just idling by this entire phase, hopping from one case to the next. first he said that lynching orbo isn't cool to lynch cuz he's inactive. then he dropped his jd and laundry suspicion after they claimed, then hopped onto me.
How can you claim I was idling then immediatly list everything I did? Orbo wasn't just innactive, he was out of internet service. That means there was no option of him lurking. And are you really wondering why I dropped my votes on people who role claimed? I think the fact that they role claimed gives pretty damn good evidence for why I dropped my vote. I hopped onto you because you're begging for it.

usually when i post or read that somebody's "off" i take it as kinda just a slightly bad feel at most unless it's followed by a "really" or a "very" of sorts. but still the fact that your motivation to derail one of your highest scum read's wagons when it was at l-1 for another is alarming.
only when it's coupled with wanting to change the wagon of a scum member while still putting it out there that one dislikes the player who's wagon they're trying to derail. i'm actually writing about tells like these and many others in my new book "arguments to bring up when newb scum is trying but failing to turn the tables of suspicion onto you." it's available on amazon you should check it out.
I mean right here. Gorf pretend to have other reasons to vote for me, but at the slightly push he just immediately drops them and goes back to his fantasy of me trying to save the guy I was willing to hammer. He has nothing but that and it's clear bull****.

Gorf, you are quite this entire game day, then the second people start voting for you you come out of the gate with this supposed super confident scum read on me, all based on what I did on day 1. Where was this before? You feel this confident that I'm scum, but you were unwilling to let anyone know this? You didn't want to bring this up for Jdietz? You insist you didn't want to "confuse" the town? What type of crap is that? there is no reason for you to not want your voice to be heard, not when you feel you have a read that's supposedly as confident as you're making it.

This is clearly Gorf trying to shift attention from himself onto the noob who he thinks he can crush

Can we lynch Dietz and have him shoot Gorf now?
That would require Gorf to vote for Jdietz. Easier to just run a train on Gorf

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was specifically asked about marshy and nabe, not ryu and nabe
Also that was prior to nabes claim.
I feel like this response only furthers my point. Could you please talk about something that's currently relevant directly instead of picking the things you can respond to with "yes/no" matter of fact responses and leaving the rest of the blanks empty. Now would have been a great time to voice your opinion on Me + Laundry toDay.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Sorry about leaving this game to Rajam practically thus far, Im having to do court mandated community service...on top of my 10 hour 3rd shift days... So right now, an d for the next few days...it's like Im working 18 hour days and driving an hour back home...so Im sleeping 5 hours. Im sorry i havent been here...but this **** is mad hard on me right now. Ill catch up asap. Once again thanks Rajam

#HBC | Gorf

Please explain how me saying I'm OK with Jex's lynch and will hammer him if no one else will is somehow "derailing" the lynch. I was being overly cautious with my vote, I was wary of hammering people after Lovers. But to pretend me not hammering Jex is me derailing his lynch is ridiculous.
cuz when it's coupled with a laundry vote n the starting of a laundry lynch campaign it could be seen as what i like to call "covering your tracks." that phrase can be found a few times in the book.

maven said:
You keep saying I was "banking" on a swing, like you can somehow read my mind. Please explain this. Please explain how anyone can think what I said would sway 8 people to drop their votes and move to Laundry.
there were like 3 or so days left in the Day. i don't really think anyone was expecting the quickhammer when it came. i know i wasn't when i came into the thread. i don't think you were tryna convince the 8 people, but i think you broadcasting the laundry suspicion again would spark the hopes of getting others to join. after all if that wasn't your idea why even bother mentioning the fact that you wanted to switch to laundry?

maven said:
This had absolutely no reason to be posted except for Gorf trying to poision the well and discredit me before I could even have a defense. "Oh there goes that crazy maven trying to say Gorf is scum"
nice reach bruh

if you didn't notice i had said that it was aside from the main point of the argument, it was just worth giving context n the fact that you had a really weird interaction with jex there.

maven said:
For the record, this was the post I had quoted when saying he was reminding me of Lovers, a quote that directly contradicts what you claimed Jex was doing. I said something very very similar to Jex in Lovers, and kept insisting him supposedly forgetting a scum read meant it was a fake scum read and therefore he was scum. Here Jex is saying Badwolf forgetting a post meant he wasn't really reading the posts and therefore he was scum. Looks pretty similar to me.
thats... not what hes saying... he was saying that he only cared about posts related to him and that shows that he only really cares about himself a.k.a self preservation, which is FAR from the stretch you made in lovers. that can almost be legitimate if it was true.

maven said:
How can you claim I was idling then immediatly list everything I did? Orbo wasn't just innactive, he was out of internet service. That means there was no option of him lurking. And are you really wondering why I dropped my votes on people who role claimed? I think the fact that they role claimed gives pretty damn good evidence for why I dropped my vote. I hopped onto you because you're begging for it.
still doesn't explain your wishy-washiness about being cool with lynching inactives yet still being iffy about lynching orbo even when you ACKNOWLEDGED HIS PRESENCE IN THE THREAD IN THE VERY SAME POST. still doesn't explain why you dropped your suspicion on those guys (and yea, that's TOTALLY a newb scum thing to just up n buy claims because theyre claims and not blink an eye about em). still doesn't explain why you werent tryna gun for me while you were scum reading me, unless you wanna recycle my marvelous excuse.

maven said:
I mean right here. Gorf pretend to have other reasons to vote for me, but at the slightly push he just immediately drops them and goes back to his fantasy of me trying to save the guy I was willing to hammer. He has nothing but that and it's clear bull****.
for the record, those points still stand. my case on you is all inclusive, as in all of the tells all together point to you being scum, as in just because one tell is weaker than another doesn't mean it's not a tell, as in stop tryna strawman every little facet of my case as you possibly can before other players come in here and **** on your face.

maven said:
Gorf, you are quite this entire game day, then the second people start voting for you you come out of the gate with this supposed super confident scum read on me, all based on what I did on day 1. Where was this before? You feel this confident that I'm scum, but you were unwilling to let anyone know this? You didn't want to bring this up for Jdietz? You insist you didn't want to "confuse" the town? What type of crap is that? there is no reason for you to not want your voice to be heard, not when you feel you have a read that's supposedly as confident as you're making it.
no you should read my posts

maven said:
This is clearly Gorf trying to shift attention from himself onto the noob who he thinks he can crush

That would require Gorf to vote for Jdietz. Easier to just run a train on Gorf[/quote]

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you think its possible for maven and gorf to both be scum? I doubt maven is scum with jexys because he seems solid enough to not hit that wagons brakes as mates, combined with the vanilla cop thing but its not out of the realm of possibilities for him to wifom this
Dietz might go balls out with his claim (hes got a better base here to play off of than we did when we pulled those shenanigans as watt a few months back) but i agree that he's town, especially since he put out he was gonna shut up till he died before changing that last night
I need to reread kantrip. Kev and gorf are lilely scum out of what I've been seeing.
Vote kevmo
Open mouth insert foot on meaningful orbo content.

Kantrip

Kantplay
nabes claim makes perfect sense and explains why he dropped his laundry angle after laundrys claim. hes town

since dietz started trying i gotta say i really like his content

laundry is the towniest player right now

bwolf is town

i feel pretty good about unvote. their lines of questioning look really legit and the conclusions that come out of them line up, dont have any problems with them

someone tell me why gorf is scummy, i havent had a problem with him at all this game and actually have seen our thought processes line up a lot. between the two of them i dislike maven a lot more

i dont recall anything about orbo even though hes been postin more. ive gotta iso him

ruy is worrying me with how hes dropped off significantly in content

kev still needs to post

im thinking maven/sons of hardbody/kev/orbo contain the rest of the scum

vote maven

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Okay... caught up.

And screwwww that reach war. It's like I'm watching a dhalsim ditto.

...Buuut since it's pretty darn important: I think after the dust settles I dislike Gorf's approach to this a little more than Maven's. It's hard to disagree with Laundry's assessment that a scum read should be voiced, and while Maven wasn't the pinnacle of pushing someone it still felt like he was actively bumping around against slots feeling out ideas while I was committed to the murderhole even if none of them got a major push. That part is highly debatable. There were a LOT of reaches from both sides here, but I can't help but notice that Gorf seems to be misrepresenting Maven's posts throughout the game a few times more than I've liked to see from a case that's supposed to be town pushing on scum instead of the other way around.

then THIS post happens, and i'm feeling the red flags raise in my head man. chainsaw defense? maybe. an attempt of detracting attention from his scummate? possible. it just makes me wonder why the little maven that could decided to disregard what the guy was saying when he said it, especially with this sort of reasoning. "a guy who makes so many posts should have time to make more than one post?" we either have an absent-minded prophet on our hands or a guy who's unsure what to say, and this hippie ain't feelin that vibe :glare:
Here, if you read Maven's post he says "like so many posts" the first time. Even after Gorf pushes on him for the misread Maven just apologizes that he didn't notice it was wrong (it wasn't), and explained what he meant and his mistake. I'm not sure why this was a big deal to point out to Gorf, but chainsaw defense wasn't on my mind and feels like a lame reason to bring this post up in the first place.

the swing from jexs' wagon to laundry's wagon is maven banking on a swing and it's grimy as ****. "i feel jex is off," well in your last string of posts you were saying jex was "def suspicious" for the way he treated badwolf. what made you go from "def suspicious" to "off" in the matter of those couple pages?
You didn't seem to mind me or Nabe doing it nearly this much. Not enough to shoehorn specific semantic meanings to paint a picture of the slot as far more variable than I think it was anyways.

still doesn't explain your wishy-washiness about being cool with lynching inactives yet still being iffy about lynching orbo even when you ACKNOWLEDGED HIS PRESENCE IN THE THREAD IN THE VERY SAME POST. still doesn't explain why you dropped your suspicion on those guys (and yea, that's TOTALLY a newb scum thing to just up n buy claims because theyre claims and not blink an eye about em). still doesn't explain why you werent tryna gun for me while you were scum reading me, unless you wanna recycle my marvelous excuse.

for the record, those points still stand. my case on you is all inclusive, as in all of the tells all together point to you being scum, as in just because one tell is weaker than another doesn't mean it's not a tell, as in stop tryna strawman every little facet of my case as you possibly can before other players come in here and **** on your face.
The irony of the first paragraph of this quote being a strawman about his motivations on Orbo while Orbo was gone is not lost on me. I don't think anyone caught flak for largely disregarding Kev while he was V/LA, it's hard to push what isn't there so early.

What's more important to me is that I don't really agree that the push on Laundry was most likely scum-motivated. Laundry was being evaluated for some pretty reasonable suspicions by Nabe at the time (ironically also for potentially putting the brakes on Jex), enough that I felt like I could make good use of my time backing that push up since Jexs already had all the votes it needed. I don't see why I should assume someone else couldn't come to the same conclusion, even if it ended up making us look bad for seemingly abandoning the lynch afterwards when Laundry didn't let anyone talk that part out before the scumflip. I'm willing to be wrong, but if you were Town here Gorf you tried way too hard to push a bunch of real tenuous stuff too late. I just don't see Maven as being this big bad slot that needs this much thrown at it this badly.

Vote: Gorf

If Gorf flips scum I want Potassium Roleblocked and Vigged. I can't quite articulate why, but lately Gorf and Potassium have slowly drifted to becoming "good" with each other when not much else has really changed between the slot's other picks. I just feel it in my bones.

If Gorf is town, I'll leave it up to discretion if this shiz was just a bad push by Gorf or actually holds merit.

Maven89

Smash Master
cuz when it's coupled with a laundry vote n the starting of a laundry lynch campaign it could be seen as what i like to call "covering your tracks." that phrase can be found a few times in the book.
No, that's called me being afraid of lynching a townie. I was more confident on my read on Laundry, I didn't want to hammer Jex unless it was needed. That was me being overly cautious with my vote after previous (other game) mistakes.

. after all if that wasn't your idea why even bother mentioning the fact that you wanted to switch to laundry?
Because that was my read. I felt Laundry was scummier then Jex, and was more comfortrable voting for Laundry even if no one else did.

thats... not what hes saying... he was saying that he only cared about posts related to him and that shows that he only really cares about himself a.k.a self preservation, which is FAR from the stretch you made in lovers. that can almost be legitimate if it was true.
No, you are leaving out a step in Jex's post. He only reads posts related to him, that shows he only cares about self preservation, that shows he's scum. In Lovers I said that Jex forgetting his scum reads meant they weren't scum reads, which meant he was lying about who he thought was scum, which meant he was scum. My point was not the specifics, it was the reach in logic. Jex was reaching, we know that because he's scum. I don't see why you think this point is going to help you.

still doesn't explain your wishy-washiness about being cool with lynching inactives yet still being iffy about lynching orbo even when you ACKNOWLEDGED HIS PRESENCE IN THE THREAD IN THE VERY SAME POST.
This is a blatant misrepresentation of what I said. Earlier I had said I wasn't ok with Orbo's lynch, and wanted him replaced. Badwolf then asked me why I wasn't ok with lynching inactives. I replied with this.

I am OK with lynching inactives, but if we only have one then the guy should be replaced instead of lynched. I asked for his replacement in another post. But the guy had stated he'd be gone for a week (apparently not true), and I didn't like the idea of lynching a person who we knew wouldn't come back when he had so little information on him, not when he could be replaced. That's just a shot in the dark and town would be way better off having him replaced then just killing him and crossing our fingers that he's scum
That was specifically referring to my position on Orbo's lynch before he came back. At the time there was no reason to assume Orbo wasn't going to be active, so I didn't vote him. I wasn't thinking about the other inactives

still doesn't explain why you werent tryna gun for me while you were scum reading me, unless you wanna recycle my marvelous excuse.
I wasn't scum reading you. I FOS'd you. You had to have seen it, it was all in caps.

Istill doesn't explain why you dropped your suspicion on those guys (and yea, that's TOTALLY a newb scum thing to just up n buy claims because theyre claims and not blink an eye about em)
Please explain how that would somehow be specific to "noob scum" instead of just noobs in general? I don't see it. Answer this question

But again, false. You insist I did "not blink an eye about em" and paint this as me being scum. But I clearly stated why I believed their roles and gave reasons

I believe Jdietz claim because there's no way the mafia would have such a role, and he offered to let us lynch him so he could vig the voters, again not something the mafia would do if they were making their role up
I agree with Dietz that I don't see Laundry's claim to be logical from a townie. But I thin it's even less logical for scum. There's zero reason why scum would try to fake a claim to get dietz/a hunter dead on D2. That makes way less sense then Laundry making a dumb move as town. Honestly if I was going to assume one of them made the claim up it'd be dietz, though I don't see the logic in that either.

for the record, those points still stand.
No Gorf, those points are terrible. You're first argument is entirely based on the fact that I used the word "off" to describe Jex. You said

Look it up in the dictionary. "Off" in that usage means "not up to standard; not so good or satisfactory as usual; inferior or subnormal".

Note how blatantly Gorf is trying to insert the Laundry vote into his defense even though it has nothing to do with the specific point he made.

only when it's coupled with wanting to change the wagon of a scum member while still putting it out there that one dislikes the player who's wagon they're trying to derail.
This time it's literally the only thing he says.

as in stop tryna strawman every little facet of my case

no you should read my posts
You'll have to have a better defense then that

#HBC | Gorf

dietz said:
Here, if you read Maven's post he says "like so many posts" the first time. Even after Gorf pushes on him for the misread Maven just apologizes that he didn't notice it was wrong (it wasn't), and explained what he meant and his mistake. I'm not sure why this was a big deal to point out to Gorf, but chainsaw defense wasn't on my mind and feels like a lame reason to bring this post up in the first place.
dietz with all due respect what the **** are you talking about misrepresenting his posts? the fact that he called rajam by rajam and thought he was in the game would never cross anybodys mind at first glance. i legitimately thought he was talking to unvote, but looking back i can see the mix up about it. notice how i never brought it up again.

the chainsaw thing was kinda just my way of listing things that it could have been like the cop show trope. dont think anything of it or else id have said that that IS what it IS, just like how i said him trying to push that away DOES look peculiar, which is the big point.

dietz said:
You didn't seem to mind me or Nabe doing it nearly this much. Not enough to shoehorn specific semantic meanings to paint a picture of the slot as far more variable than I think it was anyways.
im sorry, did you do it to somebody who flipped scum at a point in time where a change in wagon wasnt out of the scope of reality?

dietz said:
What's more important to me is that I don't really agree that the push on Laundry was most likely scum-motivated. Laundry was being evaluated for some pretty reasonable suspicions by Nabe at the time (ironically alsofor potentially putting the brakes on Jex), enough that I felt like I could make good use of my time backing that push up since Jexs already had all the votes it needed. I don't see why I should assume someone else couldn't come to the same conclusion, even if it ended up making us look bad for seemingly abandoning the lynch afterwards when Laundry didn't let anyone talk that part out before the scumflip.
okay. i wish you could have said this earlier in your post so i knew the goggles would be on.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
@Laundry dude at the time i said this dietz, one of my lighter scum reads, was the optimal play by his own accord, and the popular shot choices were mostly all players that were reasonably suspicious (orbo and nabe to be specific). i spent time telling people why you being a good shot target was really really bad. all i wasnt doing was pushing YET ANOTHER player into the limelight. what does that do aside from just add MORE **** to the thread? laundry. nabe. dietz. hardbody. kevin. me. ruyish. ALL these people were being thrown around as being able to die toDay. all that pushing maven into the limelight did at the time of that post was add yet ANOTHER possible direction and leave town with EVEN LESS of a definite direction toDay. unlike most, i dont feel the always feel the NEEEEEEED to get my way every Day. at this point, imma be lobbying for maven cuz things have shifted n i think he definitely deserves to be shoved into the limelight.
Do you think that Nabe/Dietz/Hardbody/Kevin/Ruy needed to die? Did you agree with any of those directions?

#HBC | Gorf

at the time i AGREED with the first two, and had absolutely no reason to disagree with the last 3. adding orbo and myself into the mix, thats seven names being thrown around. itd be inherently selfish to throw around an eighth, and thats why after i shared my findings about maven i held back. its not like my suspicions just stopped existing.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
i still feel strongly about everything i posted here. his approach to the jex wagon is super easy for scum to make and i wouldn't be surprised if both of jex's mates (assuming a 3 man team) hopped aboard that ship before it sank. plus even though he was scumreading him the dude tried putting the brakes on the wagon. like **** who does that to their scum read?

to be continued...
you completely misunderstood or spun his posts into negative lights. he's still obviously stuck in rvs with the first few quotes but nothing you say talks about that whatsoever. you want to start a maven case, you don't start there, not without talking about why he stuck with it so long. this isn't legitimate to me.

Top Bottom