• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hell, I think Scary is better than Sokr even after the claim because I take the claim as null. But we don't want to risk lynching him if he's legit and we don't want anyone to CC

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Rake, my vote is actually on FroMar right now.

Unvote

Going to stay unvoted until later this evening. I need to be focused on work right now, but I don't want the Day to end while I'm away.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Prove it.jpg
I can't prove it past explaining what I see, which I've already done in the post I presented points against Xatres.

And if your wrong on Fromarsh ?

What does Fromarsh give us, as a twon flip ?
One less unreadable useless slot.

Yours is a fair point to make. His complete lack of getting involved means we won't get much in the way of connections past looking at who wagoned when and their reasons for doing so. If we want to make sure that no matter what our lynch flips, it helps us, then there are better choices. I'd like to at least go for someone who has a sizable chance of being scum, though.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Is it something you can explain to me, because I'd love that peace of mind.
There is exactly one player as scum here who'd plan for Scary to claim RB well in advance of his possible lynch. Should be obvious who, rhymes with yen.

Otherwise Scary claimed entirely to fast, and at L-2 no less, for that to have been faked.

Kafkaesque

Sworddancer.|th3kuzinator
Here's the problem. Scary claiming Roleblocker does not mean he's town. No one should counter claim, but that's the correct claim for scum to claim to try to draw CC's and the claim is essentially useless to us. If he's town, we've outed a PR. If he's scum, we've let him off the hook for making the only logical play. And we're not swinging to Sokr. He's town. Xatres/fromarsh are better plays
Lol no.

If Scary is scum trying to out a PR then someone should DEFINITELY CC. I'll trade the scum for the rb and day.

Besides, why would scum want to out the rb of all roles? Vig or mason recruiter are much better roles to out.

unvote

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Since i don't see zen scum atm, and i def dotn see Zen scum with scary, Scary is pretty much town from my pov

Kantrip

Kantplay
There is exactly one player as scum here who'd plan for Scary to claim RB well in advance of his possible lynch. Should be obvious who, rhymes with yen.

Otherwise Scary claimed entirely to fast, and at L-2 no less, for that to have been faked.
Okay all of your speculation about certain players being capable/willing to do certain things as scum is pretty dumb. In an open setup like this, I can see lots of people planning claims in advance.

If I was scum with Scary, claiming Roleblocker is exactly what I would tell him to do. And I'm sure there are others not named Zen who would think to do the same thing.

@Kafkaesque: Mason Recruiter I can see, but vig can be hit or miss and mis-shots can add swing in the scum's favour. The only thing roleblocker can really stop from happening in the long are kills (vig or mafia) or mafia's doc, which all hinder scum unless the vig gets blocked shooting at scum.

Kafkaesque

Sworddancer.|th3kuzinator
Rb is the only thing to stop scums kills Swords, otherwise you have a semi decent point
Yes, but RB can also stop town PRs. Every PR in this game has a draw back, but imo the recruiter probably has the least. Going off of per probability the chances that they recruit scum and die are slim, and two cleared townies is devastating for scum. I just really have a hard time seeing why scum would want to out the rb over that.

In anycase I now guess I have to look over Xat and Skor cases.

I also agree that FrozenMarsh is an undesirable lynch. Leave him to be vigged if anything.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Unvote

Had a feeling Scary might be playing that way as a PR
Fromarsh you know I agree with you in lynching people before they claim as well as ignoring claims, but that is in closed set ups.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Here's the problem. Scary claiming Roleblocker does not mean he's town. No one should counter claim, but that's the correct claim for scum to claim to try to draw CC's and the claim is essentially useless to us. If he's town, we've outed a PR. If he's scum, we've let him off the hook for making the only logical play. And we're not swinging to Sokr. He's town. Xatres/fromarsh are better plays
**** this.

Counter claim him immediately.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Lol no.

If Scary is scum trying to out a PR then someone should DEFINITELY CC. I'll trade the scum for the rb and day.

Besides, why would scum want to out the rb of all roles? Vig or mason recruiter are much better roles to out.

unvote
Yes this. CC him immediately.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Vig, don't ****ing shoot me. My alignment gets clearer over the course of the game.

Vote: Sokr

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
frozenmarsh751 [2] - ScaryLB59, Sokr
Sokr [3] - Anomandaris_Rake, Red Ryu, frozenmarsh751
Xatres [1] - Potassium

Not voting [5] - Zen, Kafkaesque, Xatres, Masquerain, Magic Bounce;

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.
:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Why didn't you include me in the coaching post :(

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright had to catch up a bit.

Man wtf town read bros I was planning on anchoring on you guys today, but you seem in such disarray.

Kantrip quick summary on why you still have a scum read on Xast? And a quick summary on Sokr town. No quotes needed. Just need a summary.

Sokr do you really believe fromarsh is scum from what you've given? I'm not saying I disagree, but I want to know if that was a pressure case or if you truly believe in it? Like what percent would you say on fromarsh scum?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Fromo, for the love of god give some reasoning for your votes!

Rake, are there any connections you'll be able to make upon my flip? If I'm gonna die I want it to be a benefit to town (ignoring of course the whole mislynch thing).

Fromo, why are you voting me? I want to see reasons, examples and something slightly resembling a case. If you have none of these then just try to stop being rake's sheep for two seconds and think for yourself.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Zen, I don't have any meta on marshy so from what I see here: I'd say 80% scum. He's my strongest scum read atm.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
...am I honestly the only one seeing this? Potassium, am I crazy?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Left/Top= More Town

Strong Town:Ruy (strongest), Kafk, Rake, Me (Weakest n_n)
Weak Town: Scary
Very Weak Town Leans: Xastrn,

Null: Magic Bounce

Very Weak Scum Leans: FroMarsh, Joey
Weak Scum: Sokr
Strong Scum: Kantrip

As good as Kantrip has been playing, I don't really like his recent attempt to keep Scary on the shadowy side. I also think that his continued push of Xastrn is suspicious. And his recent multitude of milt-quote posts seem to be more about influence more than about scum hunting. I don't think he and Sokr are Scum together, so I think scum team is probably something like Kantrip, FroMa, and Joey. I think that Magic Bounce could replace either Joey or FroMa. I think Sokr may be trying to just play more active and thus some of his posts may have been forced, but not scum-forced. I think Kantrip is trying to white-knight Sokr, keeping Sokr as an ally and getting town points upon a Sokr scum flip. I don't quite remember any interaction between Kantrip and Magic Bounce so there is a good possibility they are scum together if I'm wrong on Fromarsh & Joey. If I'm wrong on both Fromarsh and Joey, one of my town peeps could certainly be the Traitor, especially Xastrn. (So it would be Kantrip-Bounce mafia with Xast or another town peep as traitor). Either way I think Kantrip is at the center here and would like his lynch.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
Well Zen, you make some good points. I don't think you're right about Potassium but I am open to the possibility.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also kantrip trying to say don't CC is a lot more dicey than "keeping scary shady"
Dafuq zen. Made a scum case on the wrong things

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
It doesn't look like I'll have time tonight for hunting quotes or engaging in lengthy back and forths (work is kicking my butt), but I'll go ahead and put this out there:

It's entirely possible that Sokr is scum and Potassium is the traitor.

As far as Sokr being scum goes, you can check earlier posts for people making a case against him.

For Potassium, I see it this way...

1) He's been holding a firm town-read on Sokr the whole game, despite admitting to certain "confusing" parts of Sokr's play. Numerous other players have noted Sokr looking scummy, and Potassium has yet to justify his reasons for calling Sokr town.

2) I have pressed Potassium more than once to re-examine his read on Sokr and to read through my own post regarding Sokr's scumminess. The first time, he said he'd get around to it, but chastised me for even thinking it was important. The second time, he completely ignored my request and ran off to reread Scary. I've found dodging questions to slant more towards indy/traitor roles than outright scum roles in the past.

3) Scary claims, and Potassium's response is twofold. First, he urges no one to CC. As already pointed out, this is ridiculous. In a 2-scum game, pretty anyone would happily take a 1-to-1 trade. Second, he tries to swing discussion back towards FroMar or myself, except town sentiment is slowly moving away from FroMar, and he himself admitted that my last post was [expletive deleted] good and screwed up his read. Why return to me? Because his backup lynch (Scary) fell through.

4) Weak Meta-related stuff: Coming off a game where chatlogs/notes were used to clear and condemn players (FE:A), Potassium started posting notes in this game. Other people know Kantrip meta better than I do, but I don't recall him posting a single note in FE:A, and he was town there. You guys can let the guy who's been out of the loop for 2 years know whether or not this is even a valid point.

5) IF Potassium is the traitor, then he's been placed in a terrible position from the get go. He'd know Sokr is scum, and yet also know that both he and Sokr are expected to have reads on each other lickidy split. If he ever tried to bus Sokr, he'd be screwing himself more than usual thanks to his own traitor status. If his bus was successful, half the scumteam is gone. If his bus failed, Sokr would probably kill him (I didn't see anything about recruitment in the rules). For his and scum's own survival, he'd be forced to stick with a Sokr town read no matter what.

I think #5 fits the scenario we're seeing play out.

All that being said, I think Sokr is likely the play for toDay rather than Potassium. Sokr's been scummier in general, and his flip will let us know exactly what Potassium's play has been all about. Plus we have a myriad of other interactions to go on as Sokr's jumped in and out of the limelight over the past few days.

Top Bottom