• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Brawl to Super Smash Brothers Wii U - The Differences

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Because this is Smashboards and I love Smash.

Am I supposed to blindly suck Smash 4's **** just because its a new game?
Smart mouthed
Little Logic.

I meant why are you here in this thread?

You may not be sucking Smash 4's **** but Melee has you choking. SmashBoards threads are just like YouTube as far as stupid and hateful comments go.

I need to quit reading threads and replying to people before I get banned and offend somebody.

Last edited:

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
Smart mouthed
Little Logic.

I meant why are you here in this thread?

You may not be sucking Smash 4's **** but Melee has you choking. SmashBoards threads are just like YouTube as far as stupid and hateful comments go.

I need to quit reading threads and replying to people before I get banned and offend somebody.
I dont play Melee ;)

I have just as much of a right to criticize the game as you do. I was very unimpressed by the footage and 1v1 gameplay. I was even more unimpressed when I played the game myself.

It will be fun for casual play, but competitively its going to be another one of those "Smash 4 is being streamed, Ill go make a sandwich until they finish" sort of things.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Since Fox Sonic and Marth are my mains im not feeling so good about this new game and if sonic doesn't get a buff soon im not going to play it competitively as I did super good with him in brawl.
Super smash brawl competitively? Find the error in this sentance hahahahahah

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Super smash brawl competitively? Find the error in this sentance hahahahahah
English is actually a language? Find the error in this sentance. Before mocking a game on it's competitive level learn how to type. The best smash players, like M2K and Zero played brawl competitively and from my knowledge your no where near as good as them.

Last edited:

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
English is actually a language? Find the error in this sentance. Before mocking a game on it's competitive level learn how to type.
Don't even say anything, let the Melee **** say what they want.

(The top Melee players don't hate Brawl, so let the scrubs talk trash).

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
Don't be that guy. He's been in every iteration. I'm 100% sure he will be back. Even so, my statement isn't about Ness. It's about how I hope the game has changes for the better before release.
Smassh 64 cast isn't going anywhere. I'm pretty sure they are giving Jigglypuff new moves due to the pokemon Fairy types.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
English is actually a language? Find the error in this sentance. Before mocking a game on it's competitive level learn how to type. The best smash players, like M2K and Zero played brawl competitively and from my knowledge your no where near as good as them.
Not all of us speak english as a first language. Try spelling sentance in my language. You can't without google translator. So before being a critic remember that this is the internet and we all speak different languages. I made an effort to learn english. You did not make an effort to learn my language.

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Not all of us speak english as a first language. Try spelling sentance in my language. You can't without google translator. So before being a critic remember that this is the internet and we all speak different languages. I made an effort to learn english. You did not make an effort to learn my language.
There is spell check you know, and just because you don't have English as your first language doesn't mean you can insult a game of how competitive it is. I spelt Sentence like Sentance because you were insulting a game I like and couldn't be bothered to right click and correct it.

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
This is what I'm talking about, people argue over obnoxious stuff. It went from Smash to Google Translate to English.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
There is spell check you know, and just because you don't have English as your first language doesn't mean you can insult a game of how competitive it is. I spelt Sentence like Sentance because you were insulting a game I like and couldn't be bothered to right click and correct it.
Ok first off, I'm not gonna spellcheck every damn thing I write. I don't care if there is a mistake. You understand what I'm saying and thats the only thing that matters. You obviously only know english because if you were more educated in the language department, you'd know how hard it is to speak a foreign language that you don't even use outside the internet. Second off I will say whatever the hell I have on my mind. And third off if I feel like saying brawl is bad, that's what I'll say. How will the development team know their game was bad if we don't talk about it?

infomon

Smash Scientist
How will the development team know their game was bad if we don't talk about it?
First, I'll say your English is quite good, and better than most of the junk on the Internet.

Second, I gotta feel bad for the brawl devs right about now :'(

Prince Longstrok

First, I'll say your English is quite good, and better than most of the junk on the Internet.

Second, I gotta feel bad for the brawl devs right about now :'(
He has a point, too. Unfortunately, it eill be another 6-7 years till we et anothwr Smash, if any at all

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the insight Zero. From what I've read and watched on E3 reviews I'm hoping project M makes this game better or there's a completely different version come release. I'll still buy it but right now melee looks to be where the meta players wanna be still.
There won't be a Project M. By the time smash 4 is released, the original project M will still be in development (5 more characters, and a few more mechanics need to be straightened out). It has taken 3 years of development bringing project M to where it is now, on an easy to hack system. Now... imagine how long it will take to fully make a game of that quality on a system that is currently unhackable.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
There won't be a Project M. By the time smash 4 is released, the original project M will still be in development (5 more characters, and a few more mechanics need to be straightened out). It has taken 3 years of development bringing project M to where it is now, on an easy to hack system. Now... imagine how long it will take to fully make a game of that quality on a system that is currently unhackable.
If it's not project M it's gonna be someone else. But there's always gonna be people doing some game mods

Prince Longstrok

Its just as he said, the Wii u hasnt been hacked yet, so as of now, a Smash 4 Project M is basically impossible

Prince Longstrok

It might just be me, but I expect a stage builder. Stage builder is how Brawl got hacked
Thta would be a start (and dont quote this, I am by no means a hacker), but Im pretty sure the reason that worked was because of a lack of firewall or something once entering the stage builder. In short, a hacker could easily breach his way in- but since Brawl hacking is sooo huge now, I am sure Sakurai would make sure to keep everything extra protected.

Not to mention Wii hacking was very much a thing even before brawl, so people had time to kind of...learn the ropes, so to speak.

Trust me, I WANT hacking to be a thing, dont interpret this as me saying "**** that and **** you, hacking is dumb!" xD

SmashGamer112

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Battleon469
3DS FC
4098-3173-0853
Ok first off, I'm not gonna spellcheck every damn thing I write. I don't care if there is a mistake. You understand what I'm saying and thats the only thing that matters. You obviously only know english because if you were more educated in the language department, you'd know how hard it is to speak a foreign language that you don't even use outside the internet. Second off I will say whatever the hell I have on my mind. And third off if I feel like saying brawl is bad, that's what I'll say. How will the development team know their game was bad if we don't talk about it?
First of all if you can't be bothered to spell check it's not my fault. Second of all I know 3 languages, being French English and Urdu, and a bit of Polish. I think Sakurai knows about how bad the game was to competitive players, so he's trying to do his best for smash 4, AND if it was soooooo bad why would big players such as M2k Zero etc play if it was that bad. On the internet if you don't know something about someone don't talk crap about their abilities, languages or not man.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
First of all if you can't be bothered to spell check it's not my fault. Second of all I know 3 languages, being French English and Urdu, and a bit of Polish. I think Sakurai knows about how bad the game was to competitive players, so he's trying to do his best for smash 4, AND if it was soooooo bad why would big players such as M2k Zero etc play if it was that bad. On the internet if you don't know something about someone don't talk crap about their abilities, languages or not man.
Obviously its not your fault if I don't spellcheck. But it's your fault if you're gonna be a little ***** about it. I'm done reading I won't reply and you're blocked

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Don't be that guy. He's been in every iteration. I'm 100% sure he will be back. Even so, my statement isn't about Ness. It's about how I hope the game has changes for the better before release.
Well by the ... I was kinda waiting for you to be like ...yet but instead YOU decided to be that guy and over react. And it doesn't even matter if your statement was about ness it was still part of it so that was kind of a dumb thing to say.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Well by the ... I was kinda waiting for you to be like ...yet but instead YOU decided to be that guy and over react. And it doesn't even matter if your statement was about ness it was still part of it so that was kind of a dumb thing to say.
Excuse me for thinking that maybe the 3 characters that were in every iteration of Smash would be present in the new one. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no logic. I didn't mean to over react. Not the intention. Just stating the obvious. Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon will not be replaced by peoples fantasy characters like Ridley, Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, or the Muffin Man.

Top Bottom