• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bowser can still Bowser Bomb Ike during Aether. :(
Since he's also a Tough Guy, the weak hits of Aether won't phase him if it's staled..lol

The matchup in general feels a lot better to play than in Brawl though while generally being the same. Ike can juggle Bowser for pretty good damage but Bowser does around the same with like 2 sideBs from him. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I second the above statement, since I was the poor Bowser he decided to beat up on tonight and for the past 6 years in Smash

I'm astounded at how improved Ike's DTilt is.

hello guys

Last edited:

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I second the above statement, since I was the poor Bowser he decided to beat up on tonight and for the past 6 years in Smash

I'm astounded at how improved Ike's DTilt is.

hello guys
Limit!!! Welcome to our ike boards lol.
Uh idk about you but AIB seems pretty dead to me so...I've been posting here. We need to play dude.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
Bowser can still Bowser Bomb Ike during Aether. :(
Since he's also a Tough Guy, the weak hits of Aether won't phase him if it's staled..lol

The matchup in general feels a lot better to play than in Brawl though while generally being the same. Ike can juggle Bowser for pretty good damage but Bowser does around the same with like 2 sideBs from him. Nothing out of the ordinary.
I was fighting a Bowser earlier today that was trying to bomb me a lot. Against Bowser, keep your cool. Think that when he is in the air right up to you he might do the Bomb. It's best using Counter than Aether in that case. I literally destroy him a couple of time. Bair really work well against Bowser and you follow a couple more if you start from one side of the stage when he is at low percent.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Sorry, I was referring to using Aether to recover. Bowser can Bowser Bomb Ike when he's spinning at the ledge. The way around this is you'd have to aim your Aether carefully below the edge.

EDIT: Actually, I still think that won't work. The only thing I can think of is either mix up the timing of when to use Aether to recover or avoid low recovery as much as possible and use QD instead.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dtilt still felt laggy to me on a whiff, but he uses it very well. Definitely changes my opinion on it.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
I have been using all the move so far, except Dair. I have found any situation for all moves !

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Does Eruption really hit recoveries before they can sweetspot? Need to use it more, I've been neglecting it for awhile.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Eruption is pretty great at edgeguarding. Eruption3 is straight up ridiculous and imo will hit almost every time if you aren't read hard or interrupted by a projectile.

Eruption 3 is eruption 1 that starts off weaker, but the hitbox is always vertical, it charges longer, its hitbox is like 2x larger (not kidding), and its hitboxes last ~ 1.5x as long.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Suddenly, I no longer care for Eruption2.
Yeah, try it out. You'll see what I mean. You can even pressure people high above you in the air beyond uair reach with jump + eruption3 or double jump + eruption 3 since it reaches so well above him.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ike's air game has been greatly buffed and I'm loving it. The speed at which he executes his moves in the air his improved, and I often find myself reading my opponent, punishing them with a jab, following them with a Nair/Fair, and edge guarding them. I also like using Ike's Nair to pop my opponents up into the air and juggle them with Utilt/Usmash/Uair. What other ways do you guys employ Ike's air game? Also, what are some good uses for Dtilt?

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
D-tilt should be one of your go-to pokes as Ike. It starts up decently fast in this game, and iirc, the hitbox is REALLY REALLY LOW, which makes it good for shield pokes. It also sends people out sideways, which gives you good positional advantage for edgeguards/edgetraps.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Does Eruption really hit recoveries before they can sweetspot? Need to use it more, I've been neglecting it for awhile.
Pretty sure it does. I'm sure it's angle dependant, and perhaps not on all recoveries, but it will be ridiculously good, especially offline where timing stuff is easier.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I love the combos in that video. Dthrow to nair at 3:05, uair to nair at 3:08, nair to bair at 3:28. I hope those were all true combos, specifically the nair to bair. Ike's air game is definitely faster than I thought.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Dthrow->Aerials, nair->bair are true combos. Nair->fair works sometimes, too.

Uploaded all of Ike's moves except for Aether3 (just cause), QD3, and Counter 2/3
http://imgur.com/a/dAMi5

Uncharged eruption 3 hitbox frontal reach:

Fully charged eruption3 hitbox, couldn't get the camera to move high enough:

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Eruption is pretty great at edgeguarding. Eruption3 is straight up ridiculous and imo will hit almost every time if you aren't read hard or interrupted by a projectile.

Eruption 3 is eruption 1 that starts off weaker, but the hitbox is always vertical, it charges longer, its hitbox is like 2x larger (not kidding), and its hitboxes last ~ 1.5x as long.
Wait...what? Im going to need to find a way of checking this...

Suddenly, I no longer care for Eruption2.
My sentiments exactly

Are any other Ike veterans finding themselves unable to play any other characters to the same level that they're able to play Ike in this game? It's mildly frustrating to say the least when you want to actively pick a good character, but you end up coming back around to muscleman here.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Are any other Ike veterans finding themselves unable to play any other characters to the same level that they're able to play Ike in this game? It's mildly frustrating to say the least when you want to actively pick a good character, but you end up coming back around to muscleman here.
Yeah, and I had the same problem in Brawl too. Online is the exception though, I've pretty much given up on it because I can't play Ike as well as I can play certain other characters.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I guess my Ike still feels natural in this game, but I'm much more inspired for the future by other characters (although, ironically, veterans themselves).

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I played a very good megaman earlier recorded some matches. The match up for ike is kind of hard but the second you get in megamans face your good. Hopefully I can upload them sometime today. I thought I would have a much tougher time but now that almost all of Ike's moves stop projectiles it's awesome.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Ike's aerials also clank with things like GnW's and Bowser's Usmash and they'll completely ignore the aerial. Something to watch out for.

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So I was looking at Ike's render

And I was like, where have I seen that pose before?
And then I realized

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I'm repping Ike in Conquest. So far, got like 9 wins with only one loss in For Glory. :4myfriends:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
I was doing the same lol but too many little macs
lol they're not too bad for me; just throw them off and do back air. I fought like three of 'em, and they die quick.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Nope, more like i've been swooned a bit by Lucina (nono pallet johnz) and keep being wishy washy between the two.
Just too many people on for glory roll and are not heavily penalized for it. Oh, and fricking everyone and their mother rolling to the edge and playing the spam projectiles or dash and try to grab like idiots and end up being rewarded for the same stupidity even after figuring them out. Also be wary of C.Falcon, counter if you can on some of his FSmashes, one hell of an extended hitbox which I enjoyed counter abusing

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
For Glory is a bit dull, don't think I'll get any better playing it anymore after 100ish matches. More than content playing with friends mode or training/vs. CPU to see what links properly.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I was doing the same lol but too many little macs
Little Mac is one of my favorite MU. Just use your superior range and aerial game to space and use the counter well. Once my opponents commit to an attack, use counter to punish them for it.

Just played a few For Glory matches, and the advice you guys game has really helped me. The Dtilt is amazing at spacing and shield poking and has helped me speed up my game. The Bowser MU is difficult, but Dtilt, Counter and Aether are for keeping Bowser in check. Dtilt is great at out-speeding Bowser at close-range, while Counter is great for using Bowser's ridiculous power against him. Aether helps with damage racking and punishing. Bowser still has some tools that give Ike some trouble, such as Bowser Bomb, but I feel that the MU is mostly dependent on the player's ability to read and punish the opponent.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You guys don't have a real video thread...which sorta makes me feel lost when I randomly find Ike footage that I think is satisfying.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Little Mac is one of my favorite MU. Just use your superior range and aerial game to space and use the counter well. Once my opponents commit to an attack, use counter to punish them for it.

Just played a few For Glory matches, and the advice you guys game has really helped me. The Dtilt is amazing at spacing and shield poking and has helped me speed up my game. The Bowser MU is difficult, but Dtilt, Counter and Aether are for keeping Bowser in check. Dtilt is great at out-speeding Bowser at close-range, while Counter is great for using Bowser's ridiculous power against him. Aether helps with damage racking and punishing. Bowser still has some tools that give Ike some trouble, such as Bowser Bomb, but I feel that the MU is mostly dependent on the player's ability to read and punish the opponent.
Oh I don't need help with the match up lol but thanks for input. I said that because someone mentioned conquest mode. I meant to say we weren't going to win because too any little macs.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Oh I don't need help with the match up lol but thanks for input. I said that because someone mentioned conquest mode. I meant to say we weren't going to win because too any little macs.
So it's a quantity issue, not a quality issue. There are a lot of Little Macs on For Glory, but I don't struggle with any of them. What are your guys opinion on the Little Mac MU?

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Yes, a thread dedicated to sharing videos would be nice. It should also include "Radiant Dawn" in its title, much like the image thread had before; think of it as its successor, only with a different medium.

I'd gladly create one myself, though wouldn't it make more sense if the thread was made by someone who already has a copy of the game?

^-^

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I feel like the Mac MU is mostly on the Mac's playstyle. Mac can punish Ike hard and it's a little hard for Ike to punish Mac unless he uses a laggy move. Your main advantage on Mac is your disjoints and your ability to swat Mac out of recovery range. Nair is gonna be your best tool to pop Mac into the air and then swat Mac away from the stage, once Mac is off the stage he should be dead with your range off-stage with Fair/Nair. The only way Mac should be somewhat safe to recover is to do Up-B but he has to be really close to the stage to get that, your best bet against that is likely to walk-off and Bair him to stage spike him.

IMO it's close to even.

Last edited:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
So far, I haven't come across a MU that's unwinnable with Ike, but then again for glory mode doesn't have too many pro players either. Jigglypuff is annoying though, her floatiness makes it way hard to chase her and land hits.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Some people here are saying we have no video sharing thread, but if I recall san said the Griel Mercenaries thread was of sharing videos wasn't it? It says it on the first page.

Top Bottom