• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

BBG|Scott-Spain

Smash Journeyman
I just realized we don't have a video thread. Somebody may want to get on that. Anyway, here's a vid I just found:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
That feeling when hit someone with F-Smash in For Glory Mode.
It's worth a celebration.
I love doing that, especially when my opponent is recovering. Snagging a KO with Counter is also pretty epic. I feel that a fanfare should play when these happen.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There are none that involve gameplay.

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
I just realized we don't have a video thread. Somebody may want to get on that. Anyway, here's a vid I just found:

Just curious but does anyone have any general tips for the ike who was playing ?, im just curious because i play very similar to how he does so any advice would probably apply to me aswell.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oh then people said that palutena is faster and falco had a faster dash but no changes to ike
They are misinformed. No character changes, at least not to their models, animations, textures, or moveset data.

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
Just curious but does anyone have any general tips for the ike who was playing ?, im just curious because i play very similar to how he does so any advice would probably apply to me aswell.
Hey, you all found the video of me horribly showcasing my Ike! (Denti is already a god in this game, too. Got gimped hard).

My advice to myself is to air dodge more than counter, especially against Sheik. She's too fast for Ike to counter unless you VI well and she continues to be aggressive, but even then it's hard to do. I also chose to use laggy moves at bad spots. Don't want to do that very often against Sheik.

Anyone else can critique my Ike. I'll take as much advice you can give me.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Hey, you all found the video of me horribly showcasing my Ike! (Denti is already a god in this game, too. Got gimped hard).

My advice to myself is to air dodge more than counter, especially against Sheik. She's too fast for Ike to counter unless you VI well and she continues to be aggressive, but even then it's hard to do. I also chose to use laggy moves at bad spots. Don't want to do that very often against Sheik.

Anyone else can critique my Ike. I'll take as much advice you can give me.
Use dtilt more, it's great for spacing since its pretty fast
Instead of killing with fsmash use ftilt, it's faster and also kills fast.
At mid percents sometimes dthrow > uair can kill
And read rolls with Usmash

Other than that ur ike is pretty good

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
Use dtilt more, it's great for spacing since its pretty fast
Instead of killing with fsmash use ftilt, it's faster and also kills fast.
At mid percents sometimes dthrow > uair can kill
And read rolls with Usmash

Other than that ur ike is pretty good
Actually there were a couple times where I would F-Smash instead of F-Tilt like I WANTED to do. I blame 3DS controls.
Yeah with D-Throw -> U-Air on Sheik I'm sure kills really early. Just gotta read that air dodge and double jump.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm eating my words, because though I said I'd drop Ike, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It doesn't feel right.

So I'm back to using Ike.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So for some reason I stopped getting notified of this thread. good ol' crashboards!

After everything I'm going to continue using Ike, he just fits me too well, So I'm co-maining alongside sonic and hoping they allow customs in the majority of tournaments.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Characters seem pretty easy to pick up this time around. No point in fully dropping someone when switching to another character anymore imo.

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
Actually there were a couple times where I would F-Smash instead of F-Tilt like I WANTED to do. I blame 3DS controls.
Yeah with D-Throw -> U-Air on Sheik I'm sure kills really early. Just gotta read that air dodge and double jump.
I actually did something hilarious where I killed a sheik at 40%. He was recovering and then I did an extremely well timed forward smash. It was an epic gimp. XD I saved the match so I will probably show when I get the chance.

critter17

Smash Cadet
NNID
critter17
3DS FC
3780-9491-8023
I actually did something hilarious where I killed a sheik at 40%. He was recovering and then I did an extremely well timed forward smash. It was an epic gimp. XD I saved the match so I will probably show when I get the chance.
Haha nice, that's awesome! I love when F-Smash connects. It's all too satisfying. Definitely put up the video when you get the chance!

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
I don't know. Compared to his appearance in Radiant Dawn, He looks way too bulky.
That's because he went to the gym just so he could smash dem suckas harder

Kinda like Robin casually went out of his/her way to learn dark magic

And how Wario is manly enough to eat his bike

Smash is pretty good at making characters a bit more unique.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Is it me, or is SHFF N-air to RAR B-air the slickest thing in Ike's arsenal? That and B-throw to Dash Attack on occasion.

Ike's a nice longtime secondary for me, so I figured I might toss in my two cents. I feel like they attempted to curb some of Ike's power based on how casuals could dominate with him (bad rolls, lousy spacing and no zoning are easy targets) and forgot that he wasn't actually great. Ike feels a bit nerfed to me, but the sped up D-tilt, better Quick Draw distance, and the longer native hitstun make him feel pretty much the same level of not bad as Brawl.

IMO he feels more fun to play now, but I fear he may confined to mid-tier again for very similar reasons. I feel like he got kinda boned on the list of important buffs (Link on the other hand is worlds better than before) and he'll struggle with basically the same problems.

Other than that, Great to finally "Fight for" the Ike boards.

CandyCakes

Banned via Warnings
Is it me, or is SHFF N-air to RAR B-air the slickest thing in Ike's arsenal? That and B-throw to Dash Attack on occasion.

Ike's a nice longtime secondary for me, so I figured I might toss in my two cents. I feel like they attempted to curb some of Ike's power based on how casuals could dominate with him (bad rolls, lousy spacing and no zoning are easy targets) and forgot that he wasn't actually great. Ike feels a bit nerfed to me, but the sped up D-tilt, better Quick Draw distance, and the longer native hitstun make him feel pretty much the same level of not bad as Brawl.

IMO he feels more fun to play now, but I fear he may confined to mid-tier again for very similar reasons. I feel like he got kinda boned on the list of important buffs (Link on the other hand is worlds better than before) and he'll struggle with basically the same problems.

Other than that, Great to finally "Fight for" the Ike boards.
Honestly even tho he's my secondary and I love using him. I'm not even sure if he'll make it to mid tier. I still think he's good but he's not as good as characters like rosalina, sheik, yoshi, peach, duck hunt. I really hope that he's mid tier but I honesly don't kno where he'll land

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Tourney match is up:

This was the 2nd set I've played using customs, the 1st being my round 1 match against a Yoshi. It was a good learning experience, I'll say that much.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Tourney match is up:

This was the 2nd set I've played using customs, the 1st being my round 1 match against a Yoshi. It was a good learning experience, I'll say that much.
You're amazing! How are you able to space your aerials so perfectly? How are you so fast?

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Tourney match is up:

I feel like you might have been able to tip this game in your favor if you had Neutral B 2. You had a lot of opportunities to edgeguard this game that would have been made much easier with windbox Eruption. Otherwise I'd say you played really well overall. Maybe just slightly more spaced D-tilt in neutral.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Tourney match is up:

That was great! I used to have problems against ROB but I started playing the MU very similar to that. Great spacing and combos!
I'm sort of surprised at how Chibo didn't grab so much. I noticed several occasions where he could have punished you with a grab. When spacing I normally make sure I land out of grab range, especially against ROB and DeDeDe.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
You're amazing! How are you able to space your aerials so perfectly? How are you so fast?
Naaaaw, I'm not that good yet. A good portion of my Ike experience from Brawl carries over to this game and the way I played him seems to work well so far.
I feel like you might have been able to tip this game in your favor if you had Neutral B 2. You had a lot of opportunities to edgeguard this game that would have been made much easier with windbox Eruption. Otherwise I'd say you played really well overall. Maybe just slightly more spaced D-tilt in neutral.
Thanks. I haven't really explored Eruption 2 and 3 yet so I wasn't sure how Eruption 2 specifically would interact with a recovery like R.O.B.'s. The only custom I used was SideB 2...lol. But I'll make sure to get some experience with Ike's customs in real matches eventually.

Top Bottom