• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
So out of boredom, I started played SSB3DS and started constructing a tournament legal stage list. After playing through all the stages, these are the ones I feel are the most balanced, fair and competitive. Here's the list.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Tortimer Island
Prism Tower

Counterpick:
Corneria
Brinstar
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomdachi Life
All Omega Stages

Keep in mind this is my own personal list, nothing official. Other stages I think may or may not be fair are 3D Land, Paper Mario, Spirit Train, Gaur Plain and PictoChat2. What do you guys think? Is there anything stage that should or shouldn't be on the list?

Where is the Skype group? I'd like to join.
Mmmm got a skype username for me to add?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It might be a counter-pick, but I don't think a stage like Tortimer's Island would be considered neutral.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So out of boredom, I started played SSB3DS and started constructing a tournament legal stage list. After playing through all the stages, these are the ones I feel are the most balanced, fair and competitive. Here's the list.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Tortimer Island
Prism Tower

Counterpick:
Corneria
Brinstar
Arena Ferox
Reset Bomb Forest
Tomdachi Life
All Omega Stages

Keep in mind this is my own personal list, nothing official. Other stages I think may or may not be fair are 3D Land, Paper Mario, Spirit Train, Gaur Plain and PictoChat2. What do you guys think? Is there anything stage that should or shouldn't be on the list?
Thats a very...liberal stagelist, to say the least. A lot of those stages have some over-polarising and unbalanced things taking place on it (Tortimer Island, Reset Bomb Forest). not to mention a few of those have already been shown as not tournament viable (Corneria, Brinstar).

Here's the stagelist I plan on using early on in the UK scene, I should imagine we will lose a few of these along the way too.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Walled Omega Stage (E.G: Omega Pictochat, Omega Golden Plains)
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Tomodachi Life

I get that, but why do you think it should be counterpick?
Well, I didnt make the initial post but I agree with it.
Before I go into specifics, the mere fact that the stage is essentially random chance with multiple factors:
-Tree layout/type
-What side the dock is on
-What type of dock it is (new/broken)
-Stage layout/texture (a.k.a: where the bumps in the stage are)
-What kind of fruit you can get (Healing, throwing, healing/throwing, explosive)

All of this has no way of being selecting beforehand, so it is quite literally a random stage, the only things that are guaranteed from it are:
-It's really, really big.
-The non-dock side doesn't have a ledge
-Sharks and Kap'n will appear at some point

Because of all of this randomisation, I think this warrants the stage being counterpick at very best, and after we go into more detail, I can't see it being legal.

First of, the trees. While having these platforms is not a bad thing, they spawn various fruit. with various effect:
-Peaches, strawberries, cherries, and some other stuff:Heals you for different amounts
-Banana: heals you, and then gives you a banana peel
-Beehive: The same as the normal beehive item.
-Pineapples, Melons : normal throwing items, like a regular turnip...Except sometimes, they will be explosive, do 20% and kill as early as a bob-omb. This appears to have a ~1/3 chance of happening...a.k.a way too high

The healing fruit aren't a problem, The bananas are tolerable too, but The beehive and explosive fruit are...no, they should be nowhere near a tournament legal stage.

And then the other things...:
-One side not having a ledge causes a lot of problems for some characters, frigate orpheon comes to mind...
-The stage is WAAAAAYY too big, its nearly twice as long as FD. As such it's blastzones are enormous too.
-Kap'n and sharks pull the camera out to a fixed state, on a stage this big, that makes it near impossible to see whats happening.
-The sharks kill at like 40%. That's one hell of a dangerous stage hazard, it's actually worse than anything on Halberd from brawl.

So yeah...That's my analysis for why Tortimer island should not be used by any self-respecting tournament organiser ever.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Thats a very...liberal stagelist, to say the least. A lot of those stages have some over-polarising and unbalanced things taking place on it (Tortimer Island, Reset Bomb Forest). not to mention a few of those have already been shown as not tournament viable (Corneria, Brinstar).

Here's the stagelist I plan on using early on in the UK scene, I should imagine we will lose a few of these along the way too.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
Walled Omega Stage (E.G: Omega Pictochat, Omega Golden Plains)
Prism Tower
Arena Ferox
Tomodachi Life

Well, I didnt make the initial post but I agree with it.
Before I go into specifics, the mere fact that the stage is essentially random chance with multiple factors:
-Tree layout/type
-What side the dock is on
-What type of dock it is (new/broken)
-Stage layout/texture (a.k.a: where the bumps in the stage are)
-What kind of fruit you can get (Healing, throwing, healing/throwing, explosive)

All of this has no way of being selecting beforehand, so it is quite literally a random stage, the only things that are guaranteed from it are:
-It's really, really big.
-The non-dock side doesn't have a ledge
-Sharks and Kap'n will appear at some point

Because of all of this randomisation, I think this warrants the stage being counterpick at very best, and after we go into more detail, I can't see it being legal.

First of, the trees. While having these platforms is not a bad thing, they spawn various fruit. with various effect:
-Peaches, strawberries, cherries, and some other stuff:Heals you for different amounts
-Banana: heals you, and then gives you a banana peel
-Beehive: The same as the normal beehive item.
-Pineapples, Melons : normal throwing items, like a regular turnip...Except sometimes, they will be explosive, do 20% and kill as early as a bob-omb. This appears to have a ~1/3 chance of happening...a.k.a way too high

The healing fruit aren't a problem, The bananas are tolerable too, but The beehive and explosive fruit are...no, they should be nowhere near a tournament legal stage.

And then the other things...:
-One side not having a ledge causes a lot of problems for some characters, frigate orpheon comes to mind...
-The stage is WAAAAAYY too big, its nearly twice as long as FD. As such it's blastzones are enormous too.
-Kap'n and sharks pull the camera out to a fixed state, on a stage this big, that makes it near impossible to see whats happening.
-The sharks kill at like 40%. That's one hell of a dangerous stage hazard, it's actually worse than anything on Halberd from brawl.

So yeah...That's my analysis for why Tortimer island should not be used by any self-respecting tournament organiser ever.
Thanks for the input. I was making this list for SSB3DS tournament I might be hosting on another forum.I was still working on my list and and intended to put more stages on the list and than think them over later. About Tortimer Island, I never knew about those stage hazards. I only played a couple times on that stage. I wasn't very sure about Reset Bomb Forest and Corneria in the first place, but I put it on the list so I could have more choices to chose from. I may keep Brinstar, assuming acid doesn't affect gameplay too much. Thnaks for the help.

Last edited:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Brinstar and Cornelia are completely tournament viable, particularly Brinstar. Lava is super predictable, it was mainly banned in Brawl because of MK. MK ain't so much of a problem here anymore.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Brinstar and Cornelia are completely tournament viable, particularly Brinstar. Lava is super predictable, it was mainly banned in Brawl because of MK. MK ain't so much of a problem here anymore.
That's exactly what I was thinking about Brinstar. What about Corneria? My only concerns are the fin, the low upper blast zone, and the lasers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No more wall infinities as the attacker moves back if the opponent can't. Blastzone is fine. Lasers are pretty weak. Only real issue are the oddities with like Ness's Down B.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
No more wall infinities as the attacker moves back if the opponent can't. Blastzone is fine. Lasers are pretty weak. Only real issue are the oddities with like Ness's Down B.
What about the lasers at the bottom blast line. Even if you're not at KO percents, the lasers will OHKO no matter what. Other than than, I agree.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
sent out FRequests to those that posted here or in pm and have handed their skype name over. Also in case I am not around, you can find my skype name under my profile info or simply remember that my user name here = my skype name, and can toss a friend request and i'll drop ya in when either i get home from work or have a chance to check my cell.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Don't let yourself get knocked into that position. And then get hit by that rarely happening, long wind up hazard.
Makes sense. I'll add it back for now.
sent out FRequests to those that posted here or in pm and have handed their skype name over. Also in case I am not around, you can find my skype name under my profile info or simply remember that my user name here = my skype name, and can toss a friend request and i'll drop ya in when either i get home from work or have a chance to check my cell.
I just made a new Skype account. My Username is Ekans647. Please add me.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think mine's san3711. Haven't been on in a long time though and only been on a few times total.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
I stopped going on Slype in general. I'm expecting 1000+ messages when I get back on.
hence why i just archive only a days worth of material for the group XD really does wonders
Also Ekans is readded and also resent a request to gs and nt. also LNIM needs to accept their invite as well.

E: Headed to sleep to get set for work tomorrow, just add Senliten on skype for those that are still interested and i'll get ya'll accepted and brought in when i get into the IT office in the morning. or can wait for oddy, either or one of us will get ya in.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
hence why i just archive only a days worth of material for the group XD really does wonders
Also Ekans is readded and also resent a request to gs and nt. also LNIM needs to accept their invite as well.

E: Headed to sleep to get set for work tomorrow, just add Senliten on skype for those that are still interested and i'll get ya'll accepted and brought in when i get into the IT office in the morning. or can wait for oddy, either or one of us will get ya in.
I just went on Skype and accepted you and Oddysey.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
It's the old one, and I think that you're in that one...

Done. By the way, NT, I like your mains :D
Which ones lol the ones posted on my profile or the ones I posted some where in the forums lmao

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Just won against a Capt. Falcon on For Glory. I just read and punished the hell out of him. Dtilt and Fair were my go-to moves. Moves like that just show how amazing Ike is at punishing opposing players, which is one of the many reasons why I like him so much.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I think Ike's aether 3 has a lot going for it, but I just can't tap into how to use it properly just yet. It's fast, nearly as high as aether1, its super armor lasts even after landing for a few frames, and it launches a piercing projectile that damages shields. I just don't know how to get a good amount of damage from it so far since it just launches foes away. It seems good at keeping them in the air without leaving you too vulnerable like old aether.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I think Ike's aether 3 has a lot going for it, but I just can't tap into how to use it properly just yet. It's fast, nearly as high as aether1, its super armor lasts even after landing for a few frames, and it launches a piercing projectile that damages shields. I just don't know how to get a good amount of damage from it so far since it just launches foes away. It seems good at keeping them in the air without leaving you too vulnerable like old aether.
I'm kinda conflicted between that one and Aether 2. What to do...

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing a lot of interest in the Ike skype chat. We're from the Brawl days but I'd definitely like to extend the offer for anyone to join, it is meant as a social chat for those of us who like Ike.

Top Bottom