• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
one gimmick i like is bait(usually just with a jump threaten) DJ > uair. if you space well, even if it trades with dair, u win

if they don't jump, sometimes u can just get a uair/bair anyway

or yeah, what toph said is good too

unknown522

Some guy
Thanks so much toph. That will help a lot. When I uthrow Doc what should I be looking for? My usual plan is to Uthrow>spaced bair. What else can u get on Doc after the shine?
just try to u-air and beat out whatever move he does. If he jumps. Try to land first and see if you can b-air/u-air him

:phone:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well ya, it takes a long time to lose your skills even if you dont play for a while. Shoyo is good indeed. Even then you can just play once a week and maintain your skills easily.. except if your Fox maybe that would be tougher to maintain that consistency.

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
unknown522 - Thanks a lot for all the observations and advice. I'll try to work on the things you said and do some thinking myself as well. I might come up with a question or two when I've tried some things out.

Stijn

Smash Cadet
Lil' question, what is faster after a shine into wavedash against Samus, A Uair or a Upsmash? Cause sometimes i do hit a Uair at high percentages, but i miss the Upsmash. Or is that because my wavedash is too short?

Uair is too slow to combo, but usmash combos. His wavedash isn't too short; just get better at wavedashing farther And also walk a slight bit before the usmash

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I heard you got hella better too. **** I wish I coulda played you this trip lol. Oh well next time.

You should come visit me on the mainland when you get a chance :D let's team at some tourney lollz

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
How on earth do you JC shine into a smash move? I can JC grab out of shine but I just can't seem to get a smash move out of shine
you can only JC shine into usmash so if you've been trying to fsmash/dsmash out of shine im afraid that's not possible xD

otherwise, there's two common ways to usmash out of shine, including:

double sticking (tapping up on both the control stick and the cstick after shine)

clawing with Y (hitting Y with your index finger and up on the cstick with your thumb)

Jake13

Smash Lord
You can also just up>A out of shine to upsmash

That way you can charge it without having to do that silly cstick charge with Z thing

rpotts

Smash Lord
You can also just up>A out of shine to upsmash

That way you can charge it without having to do that silly cstick charge with Z thing

There's nothing silly about charging smashes with C-stick + Z. The real question is, when you would ever want to shine-charge upsmash?

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
i specifically left out doing it with A because it's almost impossible to do it without wasting a few frames on charging (which, as rpotts pointed out, is pretty much never useful if you're doing it from shine)

rokimomi

Smash Lord
when you have undeniable intelligence and evidence from multiple sources and have dug deep into your opponent's psyche and know without a shadow of a doubt that they will sidestep...
that...is when you charge your upsmash

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
How on earth do you JC shine into a smash move? I can JC grab out of shine but I just can't seem to get a smash move out of shine
Why don't you just run, crouch cancel your dash into shine (running shine) and then U-smash? If you want to do a shine > usmash short range, yeah good luck with that, just U-smash normally imo.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i cant usmash ooshine with a i have to use c-stick

can fox do an illusion infinite regrab on the ledge? in looks short enough if you drop-illusion sweetspot grab

Bones0

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure you can't maintain invincibility the whole time (except maybe for Fox's insta-grab, but he can only do it once without landing on the stage).

Jake13

Smash Lord
Rokimomi knows what's up

If you are running shine upsmashing the opponent, the few frames of charge don't matter (tho its not like guaranteed you are gonna charge anyway). Any other situation charge would be optimal

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
UP+A is the way. if your fast enough & shine connects it's in there. it's so easy w/up+A.

@toph
yeaaa buddy, let's do it. WC in 2k13 for sure baby

Bones0

Smash Legend
I use tap jump + A, but I also think A has a couple of frames that automatically get added so you can charge that don't happen when you C-stick. Idk for sure, but those frames have never seemed to matter for me either way though.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
yeah I don't think it really matters+if you get an extra percent that's cool(though I doubt that would happen all the time).

as long as you JC shine fast enough & just up+A let go, it's usually a go.

I never mess it up cuz I charged too much. I only mess up when I dont jc at the right time

Top Bottom