• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Machiavelli

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately since you did lose I don't think running it back was possible, even if your only intention was hype.

Hopefully no one will care by Apex, I think mob mentality made things much worse than they actually are even if people did make mistakes.

I just hope this doesn't dissuade anyone I really would like to see from going to Apex (KK?), that would be disappointing.

voorhese

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ayEcHWjYH_I

I am going to be completely honest here. I literally ****ing hate m2k...I hate him.

I do however REALLY look up to KK and yourself unknown.

And tbh I think we need ALL 3 of you at apex. As long as some jank **** like RoM5 happens and there is legit good ****ing matches having 3 more top level players there will generate hype. Which is really important if we get another shot at impressing Mr Wizard/ showing him it WAS a fluke, because damn it, it was.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm the evil mastermind behind the split.

I orchestrated the whole thing.

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids!

chillindude829

Smash Master
LMAO kk did kage delete his status where u posted that ridiculous comment

i just went to look for it and couldnt find it but i remember it involving the word "betwixt"

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
The momentum stacks so they do indeed go further. It just isn't worth it because it doesn't (afaik) add any stun, and you're usually forced to up-B for an extra millimeter of KB. It's definitely better vs. FFers though, and I may still use it if I'm high enough to Illusion back to the ledge.
the momentum doesn't stack, it does get reset for the second hit and they've been sent a short distance already from the first shine though, so it sends them "further"

Divinokage

Smash Legend
LMAO kk did kage delete his status where u posted that ridiculous comment

i just went to look for it and couldnt find it but i remember it involving the word "betwixt"
Ya I deleted the status because it was going way too far. Ryan and M2k were basically about to rip each other's throat and I don't want threats especially on my FB.

I deleted Kage and blocked him so I don't know nor do I care.
If you dont care, then **** off. Thats the kind of **** that pissed me off the most in the first place. That fickle attitude is breaking more things than only the tournament.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
kages butt:officially hurt

real question tho

how many foxes can do the infinite firefox stall?

i think i can do it well but i cant because i cant do it in brinstars lava

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
really perfect though? ive done the regrab in the lava 3 firefoxes in a row before but i cant seem to do it consistently.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
kages butt:officially hurt

real question tho

how many foxes can do the infinite firefox stall?

i think i can do it well but i cant because i cant do it in brinstars lava
Certainly not my butt but my heart hurts.. I know I may of not taken the best choice of actions but when i get angry I will definitely make sure to tell someone how I feel even though i really try to stay happy and see things how they are most of the time. But something like not caring drives me nuts, we lose good people like that over even the basic stuff in life. As soon as that happens you can easily shut people off and not care whatsoever, the problem is still there however whether it's the person or the situation.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i didn't even think it was possible with falco for the infinite. iirc he can't do it the same way i do it with fox; falco requires going a little bit further away from the stage, where as fox's you can let go and up b with the same control stick angle.

and kage im just poking fun

Bones0

Smash Legend
i didn't even think it was possible with falco for the infinite. iirc he can't do it the same way i do it with fox; falco requires going a little bit further away from the stage, where as fox's you can let go and up b with the same control stick angle.

and kage im just poking fun
How I remember reading was Fox had to up-B on the first frame after letting go, whereas Falco had to DJ for a single frame before up-Bing. I thought they were both exactly frame perfect though. Hopefully Strongbad knows.

You guys keep stirring the pot.
We'll keep filling it. :troll:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
you definitely do NOT have to DJ with falco

or at least i dont see the DJ 'circle things' show up when i perform it

i really like DJ from the ledge>waveland backwards off platform on yoshis and battlefield

and double shine shdb. i like to practice shining then sh reverse double blaster going as far left/right as possible

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
You DEFINITELY have to jump to reach the ledge with Falco's up-B.
unless it straight doesn't show the 'circle things' from the DJ you're mistaken. i can let go of an edge, press away then upB and regrab with falco.

although i still could be wrong, i just did it 2/3 speed training mode and can execute the regrab with no DJ

unless you strictly mean for the infinite?

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
damn i think thats exactly what im doing my bad

after being in super slo mo mode and pausing i can see those dj circles

another reason falco blows

:phone:

Lovage

Smash Hero
noticing the doublejump circles is pretty pro

ever played vs. someone that said "i didn't know i lost my jump"?

well I DID and then you can trade fsmash or utilt with them for sure

addendum: yes also certain characters have LOUD *** doublejumps, like samus, mario bros

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i notice when my opponent double jumps

just not when falco firefox regrabs i guess. the circles were hidden by flames.

in the fox ditto, what percent can fox NOT get uthrow-usmashed? when does he shine/dj out?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
What he's trying to say is that you keep bringing it back up instead of dropping it. You're stirring the pot while you could also drop it and stop stirring the pot.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
noticing the doublejump circles is pretty pro

ever played vs. someone that said "i didn't know i lost my jump"?

well I DID and then you can trade fsmash or utilt with them for sure
Wow... I never even knew about the double jump circles.

I just.... I.... *curls up into a ball*

EWC

Smash Ace
How I remember reading was Fox had to up-B on the first frame after letting go, whereas Falco had to DJ for a single frame before up-Bing. I thought they were both exactly frame perfect though.
I think I remember how this works from some old magus post. You have to let go of the ledge on the earliest possible frame, but after that there is a little bit of leniency on when you start the up-b. The reason is that there is an interval after you let go of the ledge where you CANNOT re-grab it from the air, no matter what, and it works out so that if you let go on the earliest possible frame then your invincibility runs out on the last frame before you can re-grab. Meanwhile, the up-b can grab the ledge anytime after frame 16, so as long as you let go asap, there's plenty of time to start the up-b.

The same exact reason makes every other full-invincible ledge stall require frame perfection, unless it involves a move that adds extra invincibility time (eg sheik up-b stall).

My memory is a little fuzzy on this though so I might be entirely wrong.

unknown522

Some guy
David, kage. Get that outta here for now. It's gone on way too long. Take it to PMs.

Also there was a player in my bracket who didnt notice he lost his jump. Though I stated that it happened, cuz I was sure he wouldn't know+was gonna die regardless

Top Bottom