• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Considering noone will ever again care about Meta Knight or how to beat him, that ain't gonna happen. :3

Since, you know, noone will spend time in finding new tactics for their characters against the best one.
A new tactic might be found that doesn't ONLY work on Metaknight. Pikachus chaingrab wasn't discovered to fight MK, it just HAPPENED to work on him. So there's always a chance a new discovery will slightly balance the metagame and make MK less broken (assuming it even happens).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I eagerly await the results of this; regardless of what the result is, there will be much outcry.
What difference will it make, if MK doesn't get banned we already have people QQing about how they can't beat him and/or their character is unviable for the sole reason that he isn't banned.

They're already doing that now.

If MK gets banned it will be much, MUCH worse.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
the ban/no ban decision REALLY shouldn't be based solely on the votes considering folks are creating alts like mad, and cuz of things like this.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29090 he just kinda ruined the whole point of the poll anyway. :/

it sholdn't have to be 2/3 of the votes, cuz not only is no one even reading the first page and actually thinkign about it before they vote, alot of em create alt accounts to just add more votes to their side....

it shouldn't be based solely on the votes.
I read the first page in its entirety, thank you very much.

And after reading it I changed from anti-ban to pro-ban. Their debate was just better. I think I could smell less bias in it too. I might be wrong, but it definitely smelled as such. <_<

superkid

Smash Cadet
i ensured they don't fraud the poll

as you know some melee guys have been creating alts and voting no and convincing there friends but please do not pm mod marc i already did, i think its pretty good xD

Dear Marc,

You have posted a topic with a vote if mk will be banned or not, and it has come to my notice that there has been fraud by the melee community, my evidence is this link:http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29090
They are even boasting about creating multiple accounts.
Please, please do not let them fraud the poll, it is obvious that over 80% of the community vote pro-ban.

Thank you for your time.

Dear regards,
superkid

please melee noobs get pwned
?

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
@Flipstar

Sarcasm?

How else could they outright ban Metaknight from competitive play?

Last time I checked, TOs made those decisions. Now, unless every TO was in the SBR, or conversely, the SBR only considered tournaments run by its members as 'competitive', then there is no other way they could outright ban metaknight.

Don't be so dense.
Well not sarcasm, but Superiority complex tone, or at least that's what i got from your post. It was a serious question, and i don't really like getting joke answers like that, it just wastes everyone's times really. :l

There is no real way to "ban" Metaknight though, because the TO's will do what they will and the SBR will do what they will. SBR only gives standards, the TO's aren't obligated to follow. I really don't get what your saying. Are you saying only a perm ban will actually be followed, and not a temp ban? If so, i don't really see why.

The last line on that pm is really biased, you have no idea how much of the community wants or doesn't want the ban.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I agree with this, SO much.
Unfortunately, Link, TL, and Snake (the first two in particular) counter ICs pretty well, especially their CGs. Its not as if they don't have counters, were MK to be banned.

SephirothSmiley

Smash Rookie
Wow, i would had never thought that people were that serious about banning MK.

When MK'll be ban, people will then turn against snake because of his brokenness, then to DDD, then to (input character name)...

I don't think metaknight shoul be banned because of his dominance on tourneys...
That's way to easy to ban a character because you can't seem to beat him :/.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't know what facts you are missing I posted alot of stuff earlier questioning why ppl play brawl, and some other stuff that got ignored.

But my main problem with banning MK is from I have seen it is null effect, overall it changes who dominates a bit but it is just as bad all the MK banned tournies I have seen it was the same ppl winning, and in fact snakes seemed to bet getting like 1/3-1/2 the top spots and marth grabbing another 1/4.

Plus you guys say it would allow our Metagames to focus on stuff besides fighting MK this is true it would now be focused on beating snake, or whoever will just dominate the game just as bad or worse than MK.

As far as nobody is playing there character because he gets owned by MK, seriously there is only 3 Peach/Olimar/Marth, and I personally think marth could make some headway on the match.

Metagames develop based mostly off a need system over a year ago if someone would of ran across the pivot roll with ZSS we would'nt of really cared because we were all still in combos mode, now its like JESUS CHIRST THATS AWESOME, because now we really needed it and it erased one of our major problems.

ZSS players used to get beat by snake like (snake)6:4 maybe even a little worse since this year we have almost flipped the match to being (ZSS)5.5:4.5 our favor do to Metagame development. This means our only real problem matchups in top tier left are falco(probably like (falco)6.5:3.5), and (MK)5.5:4.5, because we really focused on crushing our weakness this also applies for our match against lucario and pit which used to be as bad as the falco match at (them)7:3.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
If the people who main High/Mid Tier characters that are hard countered by Meta Knight have gotten a secondary character in order to deal with Meta Knight in tournaments.
Oh.

@Flipstar

Okay. I'll put it this way.

This will not result in ANY ENFORCEABLE BAN.

Be it permanent or temporary.

If we didnt treat the SBR like the Catholic Church, we would start to realize that they are self-appointed, self-propelling and self-interested. We as a community would do things the way we felt they should be done.

But instead, we let 'Brawl Gods' treat us however they want and each individual side depends solely on their decisions for happiness.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Pick up ice climbers, win a tournament with an above average MK player, then post on this thread. Same goes with the person who you're agreeing with.
Lol i think IC is homo gay **** too, but in all honesty they have some p. gaping problems that can be exploited, I just hate it because when I get grabbed I can't do anything /:(, thankfully most the ICs I play have alot of problems doing the grab combos when Im below 40% because I mash so hard, and they need a 1/2 a second to think.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Brawl is so ****ing ******** you have to start banning a character so you don't lose.
Quit *****ing or start playing Melee, ****.

If the community decides to ban Meta Knight I refuse to do so at all future Mass Madness tournaments.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wow, i would never think that people were that serious about banning MK.

When MK'll be ban, people will then turn against snake because of his brokeness, then to DDD, then to (input character name)...

I don't think metaknight shoul be banned because of his dominance on tourneys...
That's way to easy to ban a character because you can't seem to beat him :/.

Btw, sorry for my bag english ^^'
If you're right, then why should you care?
Like, seriously, if MK IS banned, and then people start saying "Snake is broken," then we will have to go through this whole, painful process all over again. Only, wayyy less people will think he needs to be banned, and there will be little to no chance of Snake being banned at all.
Besides, he has a near even matchup with Link. If that doesn't tell you something... :p

And, you are addressing the community in general, which is exactly who is posting on this poll. You're talking over our heads here as if we're all stupid. If you're going to make a point, then please start pointing out a problem, then handing out reasons for it, straight to us, not over our heads.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I meant beat lawlawl
OK, then let's look at your post:

You don't get it... It means stop *****ing and go out and find ****ing ways to beat MK
Well, you don't think we haven't been? We don't want to ban MK because it's the easy way out. We want to ban MK because he's become the focus of the meta game. He is too good.

We've tried to find ways to beat him. You think we haven't? Stages have been explored for counterpicks, as have characters obviously. This isn't an easy way out option, it's a last resort.

It's too early for this to be the last poll though.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
@Flipstar

Okay. I'll put it this way.

This will not result in ANY ENFORCEABLE BAN.

Be it permanent or temporary.
I agree with you whole heartedly. It's the TO's decision to ban MK or not, not the SBR. The SBR just gives suggestions and what not

If we didnt treat the SBR like the Catholic Church, we would start to realize that they are self-appointed, self-propelling and self-interested. We as a community would do things the way we felt they should be done.
The SBR does remind me of the old catholic church....
But really we don't have to listen to them, all they do is give suggestions, it isn't like their forcing their rules upon the world.

But instead, we let 'Brawl Gods' treat us however they want and each individual side depends solely on their decisions for happiness.
Yup, that's basically true.

But overall, i still want to know if it will be perm or temp ban, because the SBR has huge spheres of influence in the smash community.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is so ****ing ******** you have to start banning a character so you don't lose.

If the community decides to ban Meta Knight I refuse to do so at all future Mass Madness tournaments.
Thank God.

At least you get it :=

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
?

"metaknight makes this game not as fun"
The essence of it. Not what was actually said (although this does help in the essence...but so does what it isn't said). I already realized that both sides are pretty biased. I just happened to notice less of it on the pro-ban side. They explained the logic behind judging the other Smash games to this one and what you should and shouldn't judge (such as the 'growing and evolving' statement, in which case the game has been studied to a point that finding anything absolutely huge for characters to drastically change up match-ups is virtually impossible). They basically put everything out there that is logical and relevant. Anti-ban, however, from what I noticed made a few points for argument that are almost redundant when considering the way the game has been torn apart for the sake of competitive play. That adds to my essence of bias, as it makes the side seem desparate for information to support their claim.

And don't get me started about their claim for Argument #4. Saying what they said about that situation was ridiculous.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I don't know what facts you are missing I posted alot of stuff earlier questioning why ppl play brawl, and some other stuff that got ignored.

But my main problem with banning MK is from I have seen it is null effect, overall it changes who dominates a bit but it is just as bad all the MK banned tournies I have seen it was the same ppl winning, and in fact snakes seemed to bet getting like 1/3-1/2 the top spots and marth grabbing another 1/4.

Plus you guys say it would allow our Metagames to focus on stuff besides fighting MK this is true it would now be focused on beating snake, or whoever will just dominate the game just as bad or worse than MK.
Surely you can't be serious.

POKE40

Smash Lord
Lol i think IC is homo gay **** too, but in all honesty they have some p. gaping problems that can be exploited, I just hate it because when I get grabbed I can't do anything /:(, thankfully most the ICs I play have alot of problems doing the grab combos when Im below 40% because I mash so hard, and they need a 1/2 a second to think.
^^^This is 150,000 times true.
Ban IC's CGs!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

People still think like that...?
Wow.

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Spadefox.

We are now on our FOURTH POLL. The members of smash boards are helplessly floundering while awaiting the decision of one group of elitists.

You can pretend as much as you want that the SBR is not some sort of elite tyranny of players, but when it boils down to it, the fact that no TOs, even those that favor the ban of MK, have yet to try and get rid of him because the SBR hasn't okay'd it is a direct reflection on the mindset of the community.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You can pretend as much as you want that the SBR is not some sort of elite tyranny of players, but when it boils down to it, the fact that no TOs, even those that favor the ban of MK, have yet to try and get rid of him because the SBR hasn't okay'd it is a direct reflection on the mindset of the community.
Xyro says hi. I'm pro ban, just wanted to point this out though.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Spadefox.

We are now on our FOURTH POLL. The members of smash boards are helplessly floundering while awaiting the decision of one group of elitists.

actually xyro and a few others have

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
OK, then let's look at your post:

Well, you don't think we haven't been? We don't want to ban MK because it's the easy way out. We want to ban MK because he's become the focus of the meta game. He is too good.

We've tried to find ways to beat him. You think we haven't? Stages have been explored for counterpicks, as have characters obviously. This isn't an easy way out option, it's a last resort.

It's too early for this to be the last poll though.
Yeah it is. It's too early to ban a character when the game is BARELY over a year old.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman

you may be fat, but I agree with you

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Yay! 200 posts.

Sorry guys. I saw I was close to breaking even, and my OCD kicked in.

I'll repeat what I said initially-

Joy! Another thread to remind us of the fact that we all hate each other.

Xyro says hi. I'm pro ban, just wanted to point this out though.
You're right :C

I totally own up to the fact that I only look at 'tourney results' and 'tourney listings', and when I do go into listings I only enter threads in the North East. I wouldn't notice any MK bans unless they were calling from the thread title.

I don't know who/where Xro is/from.

Smash Apprentice
This poll doesn't mean much. I mean, if it splits even but SBR all says ban MK, then he'll be banned. The only way this will actually matter is if the poll is is it's radically won by one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom