• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucha5

Banned via Warnings
banning mk is the easy way out seriously, mk is 1# japan and you see there's no complaints about him heck they hate d3 more.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
banning mk is the easy way out seriously, mk is 1# japan and you see there's no complaints about him heck they hate d3 more.
In Germany many players hate him too :(

To sad for the pingu, I love him <3

I'm really interessted in the future of brawl and how the MK vs. Snake MU will be o.O (I can imagine anything from 40-60 to 60-40)

swordgard

Smash Hero
In Germany many players hate him too :(

To sad for the pingu, I love him <3

I'm really interessted in the future of brawl and how the MK vs. Snake MU will be o.O (I can imagine anything from 40-60 to 60-60)
Somehow i have troubling imagining a matchup 60-60. Are you implying metaknight will allow us to break logic rules of the universe by allowing 2 different players to win 6 matchs out of 10 in a set? O.o

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You could have several draws, resulting in more games being played.

Considering MK DOES have a suicide kill with his u-throw, it is entirely possible that /10 matches, they play 12 because 2 have no clear victor and they both win 6, tying.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I was a little typo by me -_-

Should be 60-40.

Anyway MK is the only one who could break the MU Ratios, he already broke the Counterpick System :O

MK is soo evil :evil: (Just a little bit less than Sakurai :O :evil:)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
This is really going to tear up the boards very very badly. I highly doubt any thread has ever been this controversial. Too much hatred going around. i guess i wont vote.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
k

1. Handicapping any character (including metaknight) is absolutely ******** in every single way, who ever originally suggested this, go bang your head on the nearest wall for a couple of hours to get the suck out of your mind.

a) it would destroy certain characters low pecent options on metaknight (falco's cg being a HUGE one) but then you'd say k no handicap for falco's which leads to more useless and irrelevant discussion.

This is a ban metaknight thread, not "Omg! lets handicap metaknight!" thread

2. Metaknight has a learning curve of 1 or 2 at most

although it does suck to have your main banned, I mean come on, How hard was it to learn him to begin with... "AMAGAD TOO MANY JUMPS, TOO MANY OPTIONS, TOO MANY GOD TIER MOVES,

Come on grow up.

Metaknight has to go and everyone knows it. SBR please stop stalling.
CONGRATZ! you are a moron!

Mk is not as easy to learn as you may think,granted 1/2 his match ups are just b button but the other 1/2 of his matchups require thought, and spacing. Like the snake match up MK has to learn how to space everyone of his moves just right so he doesnt get his brains blown up, I bet it would take you months to be able to perfectly space all of your moves so you wont hit a sheilded nade....nearly everytime you attack

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's ridiculous how people how people that don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" call people morons.

It's just a video game. Jeez.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
CONGRATZ! your a moron!

Mk is not as easy to learn as you may think,granted 1/2 his match ups are just b button but the other 1/2 of his matchups require thought, and spacing. Like the snake match up MK has to learn how to space everyone of his moves just right so he doesnt get his brains blown up, I bet it would take you months to be able to perfectly space all of your moves so you wont hit a sheilded nade....nearly everytime you attack
Not true, MK is easy. A top player (and Smart) can beat other top players easily. I've beaten top players by using MK without a single day of practice, MK just has the advantage, if he's played ********, he'll lose of course, if he's played smartly, it will be 3x Harder for a different character to outspace and beat a Top MK

Buuman

Smash Ace
I really don't care either way. I voted ban, just because he hasn't been banned yet, and I'd like to see what the tourney scene would be like without MK. If he's banned guys doesn't mean he's gonna be banned for good. I think we should give it a shot and take a look what the scene would be like without him.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
It's ridiculous how people how people that don't know the difference between "your" and "you're" call people morons.

"How people how people".

I'm sure they know the difference, just they don't feel the need to prove they do.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It is but some play for the money dawg.
My point was that you don't have to call people stupid when debating, not that you're having a debate about it.

l2grammar, the grammar police have arrived
I only stated that he did something stupid because he was calling someone else stupid. I didn't do it to be nitpicky.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
Sure then next thing, people will want Snake banned because Ally is too good with Snake. zomg, Snake's tilts are broken and do great amounts of damage. Snake never dies. Then you got D3 with his chaingrab. And ICs with their infinites. People are always going to be johning about something.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Not true, MK is easy. A top player (and Smart) can beat other top players easily. I've beaten top players by using MK without a single day of practice, MK just has the advantage, if he's played ********, he'll lose of course, if he's played smartly, it will be 3x Harder for a different character to outspace and beat a Top MK
And that just made me wonder, you pro or you anti?

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Sure then next thing, people will want Snake banned because Ally is too good with Snake. zomg, Snake's tilts are broken and do great amounts of damage. Snake never dies. Then you got D3 with his chaingrab. And ICs with their infinites. People are always going to be johning about something.
the difference between anything you said and MK is that those characters ahve bad stages, bad matchups, and are beatable by equal skill players, it's not banning mk because we "want" to ban mk, it's because he is unreasonably ********, the only time MK people lose is against other MK's, =/

mikeray4

Smash Ace
as I said it also depends on the match up at hand. if you use MK against and olimar, well your not gonna need much practice, but some of MK's match ups you cant just pick MK and be like "if I play smart I'll win with no practice"

sorry Mrs. grammar expertise

etecoon

Smash Hero
no vote and no comment on the ban, some random topics that interested me though

Snake AND Dedede, two characters that are currently BETTER than Marth, have at least 60:40 advantages against him. Get that bull **** out of here.
Snake is around even with Marth, I consider the matchup just as hard for Snake as MK(I would say 50:50), Shaya thinks Marth is better vs Snake(see ally vs mikehaze vids) so it's not like only a Snake player is saying this. I'm neutral on banning MK but I think Marth and IC's are going to be top 3 or 5 at least with MK out of the picture(depending on your perspective, IC's may already be that good). I agree that they can't be "the next MK" because they are fundamentally different, they have more weaknesses, just had that one nitpick :p

What are we gonna do, limit air time the way we did with edge grabs? So stupid. We've made enough rules JUST to keep MK viabe
Planking isn't exploitable only by MK, and neither is air camping for that matter, edge grab rules have NOTHING to do with keeping Meta Knight legitimate, they'd still be necessary with him banned.

Not like air camping works on everyone anyway, you should know this as a Marth main, MK's best option when he's above Marth is to run to the ledge, not to stay up there and waste his jumps like a moron. and even then(going to next quote)

Also, Marths ability to juggle MK is overrated imo. He can just fly away or shuttle loop ledge cancel if he wants.
So you chase him to the ledge and now have an edge trap situation, it's just trading one disadvantaged situation for another.

I personally don't see Snake dropping more then a spot or two, but I already feel he should drops those spots so it doesn't matter anyways.
I thought I was the only snake boards person who thinks snake isn't number 2 even as is, lol

I might vote against the ban just because it is in Snake's best interest lol :)( but I don't personally care that much, the whole debate mostly just makes me feel like an idiot for being part of this community, from both sides. people exaggerate their points to attempt to get their own way so much it's sickening)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You could have several draws, resulting in more games being played.

Considering MK DOES have a suicide kill with his u-throw, it is entirely possible that /10 matches, they play 12 because 2 have no clear victor and they both win 6, tying.
OS, REALLY? Being a traitor MK main, you should know that Uthrow creates an invisible wall even if the original platform isn't there. The only way it could be suicide is if a C4 happened to run out on it's timer at the top of his jump.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
Just wanted to point this out:

Pro ban:
Metaknight holds roughly 22% of ALL tournament places, the most of any characters. 22/100 doesn't seem like much, but this is a single character taking nearly 1/4th of ALL tournament PLACEMENTS... out of 36 characters.

Anti ban:
Addressing over-centralization, of the 570 observations from the chart of tournament placements above, only 123 of them are Metaknight. This means that roughly 22% of tournament placements are Metaknight, even at top level play where Metaknight is the most threatening. The game cannot revolve around beating a character that takes about 1/5th of the highest tournaments placements

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
This is what people do when they debate.

They try to tip the scales in their favor.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Pro-ban presented their argument very well.

Anti-Ban had too many links and information that was didn't make any sense to me. What was the All is Brawl links meant to tell me?

Pro-Ban

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's technically closer to 1/5th but obviously you're going to see the number stretched to fit the argument, and if it were 23% anti ban would have still used 1/5th, that's why I hate this argument and half of the people involved with it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
it's technically closer to 1/5th but obviously you're going to see the number stretched to fit the argument, and if it were 23% anti ban would have still used 1/5th, that's why I hate this argument and half of the people involved with it.
It's not a problem with debaters. It's a problem with humanity in general.

Flayl

Smash Hero
How many of the Peach mains in the SBR picked up a secondary for MK?

edit: Same question for R.O.B. mains.

BSP

Smash Legend
Just wanted to point this out:

Pro ban:
Metaknight holds roughly 22% of ALL tournament places, the most of any characters. 22/100 doesn't seem like much, but this is a single character taking nearly 1/4th of ALL tournament PLACEMENTS... out of 36 characters.

Anti ban:
Addressing over-centralization, of the 570 observations from the chart of tournament placements above, only 123 of them are Metaknight. This means that roughly 22% of tournament placements are Metaknight, even at top level play where Metaknight is the most threatening. The game cannot revolve around beating a character that takes about 1/5th of the highest tournaments placements
Well, 22 is closer to 1/5 than 1/4.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Pro-ban presented their argument very well.

Anti-Ban had too many links and information that was didn't make any sense to me. What was the All is Brawl links meant to tell me?

Pro-Ban
This is just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom