• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: Smashboards Ideal Roster SUPER BASH SISTERS Roster Posting

Should all confirmed characters be required

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Question!

Are we allowed to include characters as alternate costumes for other characters? I created my roster with that idea in mind. In its defense, I don't think it would make the competition unfair, because not all people like that idea, and if people went crazy adding extra characters that way, they would just get fewer votes.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Question!

Are we allowed to include characters as alternate costumes for other characters? I created my roster with that idea in mind. In its defense, I don't think it would make the competition unfair, because not all people like that idea, and if people went crazy adding extra characters that way, they would just get fewer votes.
I wouldn't count the alts as votes, but if you want to post them you can.

edit: Currently at 45.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
What I was saying was that if someone made Luigi an alternate costume of Mario, people would probably vote against that person's roster. Therefore, using alternate costumes for adding characters shouldn't break the game or anything, because people will have to use it sparingly or only in well justified situations. That is my argument for you to allow them.

I'd also like to suggest that maybe the mode would be better than the median of everyone's votes for roster size.

Xigger

Smash Lord
If the confirmed characters are required for the rosters, wouldn't that be "Smashboards Desired Smash 4 Roster" instead of "Smashboards Dream Roster"?

They're very different directions.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
What I was saying was that if someone made Luigi an alternate costume of Mario, people would probably vote against that person's roster. Therefore, using alternate costumes for adding characters shouldn't break the game or anything, because people will have to use it sparingly or only in well justified situations. That is my argument for you to allow them.

I'd also like to suggest that maybe the mode would be better than the median of everyone's votes for roster size.
Even if I do the mode, it would stay at 45 as of right now.

I think you may be a little confused about how we determine the roster. People post a _ slot roster, and I count up how many times each character appears. The characters that appear the most make the roster.

If the confirmed characters are required for the rosters, wouldn't that be "Smashboards Desired Smash 4 Roster" instead of "Smashboards Dream Roster"?

They're very different directions.
That's why I'm thinking this one should have confirmed characters confirmed, and then a Dream Roster at a later point. This started as 'Smash 4 Ideal' meaning that because it's based on Smash 4, all confirmed characters should be there.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Okay, so if someone made Mario with Luigi as an alternate costume, and a lot of people decided they liked that and put it in their roster, then that would get in your final roster?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Okay, so if someone made Mario with Luigi as an alternate costume, and a lot of people decided they liked that and put it in their roster, then that would get in your final roster?
Yeah, if alt. costumes make it to the vote count where the last character is, then I would add them too the side.

AND ALSO, will confirm that Rasumii's vote was the last one to make it in on time. That means we still stand at 45, and I can also confirm that ALL CONFIRMED characters are required. Rosters will be taken until THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3rd.

And please post your rosters. Easier for me than to have to sort through PMs and such.
SMashboards IDeal Personal.png

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Here is my dream roster! I warn you that it contains some odd characters. Here we go! (The picture won't load, so I'll tell you in text)

Mario:
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Bowser
  • Peach
  • King Boo
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Baby Bros.
Zelda:
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Impa
  • Toon Link
Kirby:
  • Kirby
  • King Dedede
  • Meta-Knight
  • Yarn Kirby
Star Fox:
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Krystal
Fire Emblem:
  • Marth
  • Chrom
EarthBound:
  • Ness
  • Lucas
  • Porky
Pokémon:
  • Pikachu
  • Jigglypuff
  • Meowth
  • May (Mudkip, Grovyle, and Blaziken)
  • Mewtwo
Other:
  • Pit
  • Samus
  • Captain Falcon
  • Olimar
  • Ice Climbers
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • R.O.B.
  • Duck Hunt Dog
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Starfy
Third Party:
  • Mega Man
  • Pac-Man

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
IdealRoster.png

Sheik, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Zero Suit Samus are all accessible but are not shown on the roster.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Quick update: No newcomer at a perfect 4, highest newcomer is K Rool at 3.
24 characters at 1 vote, all of them would be fighting for 2 slots as of right now.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
So I just realized the best strategy to getting one's favorite characters on the final roster is to put them all in one's submission and not worry about making it appeal to anyone else or be realistic.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So I just realized the best strategy to getting one's favorite characters on the final roster is to put them all in one's submission and not worry about making it appeal to anyone else or be realistic.
Yeah, that was kinda the point. This is supposed to be each of us posting our opinions and the opinions that show up the most win.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Btw, if you only have a few characters you want to promote, you should fill up the rest of your roster with characters no one else will vote for, so you're not giving other people votes.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Btw, if you only have a few characters you want to promote, you should fill up the rest of your roster with characters no one else will vote for, so you're not giving other people votes.
Yeah, that's a good idea as well. Random third-parties and characters I like.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921

Wanted to add a Golden Sun rep and a Sin & Punishment rep, but I ran out of room.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Here you are. I went ahead and included a bare few that have little to no chance but I think would make excellent additions (Namely, Waluigi, Ghirahim, Masked Man, Genesect, and Ashley)

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Totally went all out with the 100% ideals.

Cuts: Jigglypuff, Young Link, Falco, Meta Knight, Ness, Captain Falcon, Snake, Ike, Lucas, Lucario

Newcomers: Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, King K. Rool, Palutena, Viridi, Hades, Medusa, Sylveon, Chrom+Lucina, Shulk, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man

*puts up flame shield*

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Strange that very few characters in your signature appear there.
Ridley, King K. Rool and Shulk are my most wanted by far (they are in god tier :p). The other ones are mix, some of them I want but I know for now they don´t have chance especially with a 45 characters slots.
.n_n.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Ridley, King K. Rool and Shulk are my most wanted by far (they are in god tier :p). The other ones are mix, some of them I want but I know for now they don´t have chance especially with a 45 characters slots.
.n_n.
Chance does not matter here. This is completely ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom