• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Game: Smashboards Ideal Roster SUPER BASH SISTERS Roster Posting

Should all confirmed characters be required

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
CURRENT ROUND: Polling, Super Bash Sisters/ New Roster Concept
CURRENT ROUND ENDS: Friday 12:00 AM EST
NEXT ROUND: Final Roster, Super Bash Sisters/ No. of Characters, ?

What is this?
The Smashboards Ideal Roster is a forum game where we collectively make an ideal roster for the boards. If this is successful, we could have themed rosters in the future, such as an all female or all villian ideal roster.
How does it work?
The first step would be for us to pick a number of characters for our roster. I will say that transformations do not count as characters for this roster. I would then average out our numbers, and get the number for our roster. Then, we would each post our ideal roster with the amount of characters chosen by us previously. I would tally up no. of times each character appears, and the characters who have the most appearances make it in.

Rules:
1. Please don't have any unrealistic character no. requests. (for example, 125 characters)
2. The character must of originated in a video game. No Naruto, no Goku.
3. All confirmed characters must be on your roster. No exceptions, unless stated during the round.

Music:
Super Smash Bros 4 Ideal Roster: Super Smash Bros 4 Main Theme Recreated
Posting of Rosters: Super Smash Bros Melee: Challenger Approaching!
Final Roster Revealed: Super Smash Bros: Credits

[COLLAPSE=History]
IGN Smash 4 Ideal Roster
IGNIdeal Roster.png

SmashBoards Smash 4 Ideal Roster

[/COLLAPSE]

I'll start with 48.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think 45 is the magic number

By the way im coming to a theory that toon zelda will be added if toon link really is a starter this time

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
49 characters, 50 slots including the random space.

I don't get why people are giving such low numbers like 43. This is supposed to be our ideal roster, having Brawl's roster increased by only 8 isn't ideal at all, in fact it would be incredibly disappointing for the majority of people.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
i've made a roster like this, so this is going to be perfect. I made mine to have a maximum of 50 characters, including transformations. I think most people are going to have a Pokemon Trainer, so that's minus two right there. Most people will keep Zelda transforming, so that's minus another one. I think the ideal number given your parameters is therefore 47 characters.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Thanks to everyone who posted, current average is at 47 (46.5 but I round up).

edit: I forgot to add Tetra's Tracker's no., now at 48 (47.75)

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Why do confirmed characters have to be on the roster? Just wondering, since it's an "ideal" roster.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Why do confirmed characters have to be on the roster? Just wondering, since it's an "ideal" roster.
If this is something you guys want to change, I would. Would like to see some other opinions on this. My reasoning was that since this is for Smash 4, we should have the known Smash 4 characters in it.

D

Deleted member

I hope no one says over 60 characters. Just imagine All-Star Mode.

My ideal roster would be 46 characters. That seems a bit realistic to me.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If this is something you guys want to change, I would. Would like to see some other opinions on this. My reasoning was that since this is for Smash 4, we should have the known Smash 4 characters in it.
The roster I had already been making actually included all the confirmed characters, but now that I'm reading this thread, and Toon Link has been revealed, I've been wondering if we really need to include them.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
The roster I had already been making actually included all the confirmed characters, but now that I'm reading this thread, and Toon Link has been revealed, I've been wondering if we really need to include them.
I'll probably put it up to a vote that'll end the same time as the no. of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom