• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forming a Community Texture Pack [NEW ENTRIES MUST BE FORMATTED PROPERLY]

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Still have some more suggestions. So here comes a long list [without the clutter of course :laugh:]

:falcon:
01 (Red) - Protoman [by Dhragen]
Screenshot
Download
GOD why do people keep suggesting textures for red falcon when the only texture that can possible go there is Captain Canuck?!?

And so im not trolling, why should there be a blanket ban on texture hacking 00 textures?
It should simply be a very, very strict control. For example, if I want Mini Giga Bowser, where should I put it? The most obvious choice is fitkoopa00, as it's close enough to the original. Now, I'm not suggesting you throw Tubba Blubba Bowser there, it can go somewhere else. How about Melee Falcon on 00? Shiny Pokemon? Pichu on Pika? 00 texture changes shouldnt be taboo. Rather, they should be highly restricted.

Also, I'm searching around, building a massive texture pack for suggestion. I'm grabbing stuff from several of 112's posts, all the released texture packs, and just about every website i can find. Dont expect it for a while, though.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
... You don't have to resubmit things from 112's posts. I put basically all of their ideas up already. Also, please, please post images. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy's post was PERFECT for me, as he even had thumbnails linking to full-sized images. That takes a lot off my back.

And I'm leaving 00 textures alone both by request, and I believe that people with this pack should still have the option to play un-retextured characters. A lot of characters have side, odd textures, such as Bowser's 04, 05, and 06 textures. Any cool textures that other people want should go there.

And I'm still waiting to get an actual link for the Captain Canuck texture.

Smash Apprentice
Second batch of suggestions...

:bowser2:
01 (Red) - Zombie Bowser [by jugg4n4ut]

Download

04 (Black) - Dark Bowser [by Chaotix000]

Download

06 (Brown) - Giga Bowser [by dragonrage]

Download

:dedede:
02 (Green) - King Wart [by Androu1]

Download

04 (Greyscale) - Tuxedo [by picano]

Download

06 (Pink) - Soulfly Dedede [by Vide Infra]

Download

:falco:
01 (Red) - Dynablade [by Warchamp7]

Download

02 (Green) - Jet the Hawk [by Cursed Portal]

Download

03 (Blue) - Black n' Blue [by Picano]

Download

04 (Black) - Sanji [by Papersak]

Download

05 (Yellow) - Clockwerk [by akuago220]

Download

:fox:
01 (Red) - Red XIII [by Dhragen]

Download

02 (Green) - Jazz Jackrabbit [by NICKtendo DS]

Download

03 (Blue) - Hanzo Hattori [by Poxag]

Download

04 (Black) - Cool Fox of the 80's [by DasDonkey Team]

Download

05 (White) - Storm Trooper [by Joey90]

Download

:popo:
01 (Red) - Evil Ice Climbers [by Androu1]

Download

04 (Black) - Kiba and Akamaru [by marvin]

Download

:ike:
01 (Red) - Dante [by RoyPh123X]

Download

05 (Gold) - Gambit [by Finman702]

:link2:
03 (Blue) - Zora Armor Link [by marvin]

Download

:lucario:
01 (Red) - Deoxys [by S]

Download

05 (White) - Mewtwo [by S]

Download

:lucas:
01 (Red) - Fighter [by Bird Person]

Download

03 (Blue) - Genis [by Dhragen]

Download

:mario2:
06 (White) - Dr. Mario [by SuperSonic88]

Download

:marth:
02 (Green) - Syaoran [by OizenX]

Download

03 (Blue) - Roy [by Marcov15]

Download

05 (White) - Zero [by Papersak]

Download

:ness:
03 (Blue) - Mega Man [by Dhragen]

Download

:olimar:
01 (Red) - Star Trek Commander [by OizenX]

Download

02 (Green) - Tingle [by Dhragen]

Download

03 (Blue) - Smurf [by HH92]

Download

04 (Black) - NASA Olimar [by DasDonkey Team]

Download

05 (Dirty) - Orange Bulborb [by Canon]

Download

:peach:
04 (White) - SMB Peach [by Bird Person]

Download

05 (Daisy) - Jessica Albert [by marcpeach]

Download

OR

Arachne [by krlosf]

Download

:pikachu2:
01 (Red) - Terry Bogard [by Zackneji]

:snake:
01 (Red) - Demoman [by picano]

Download

02 (Green) - Naked Snake [by maltes]

Download

03 (Blue) - Albert Wesker [by marvin]
I'll post a picture up later.
Download

:sonic:
04 (Gold) - Super Sonic [by DChen]

Download

05 (Black) - Shadow [by marvin]

Download

MK26

Smash Master

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Updated the main post, my bad for missing the Captain Canuck texture. He's up now.

And as for Shadow - We can always put up a vote.

Thanks 112 and Me Aludes for the textures.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
04 or 05 Yoshi :yoshi:
Dry Yoshi [picano]
Download

0X Wolf (i don't really care) :wolf:
Yugo the Wolf [Dhragen]
Download

05 Samus + ZSS :samus: :zerosuitsamus:
SA-X Samus and SA-X Zero-Suit Samus [Spire III]
Download

03 Captain Falcon :falcon:
Subzero [Zephron]
Download

04 Zelda/Sheik :zelda: :shiek:
Dark Zelda/Sheik [Chaotix000]
Download (Zelda)
Download (Sheik)

03 Zelda :zelda:
True Midna [fireking220]
Download

Also, I know there's a Oozaru texture for DK, but it seems i can't find it now.

Darkurai

Smash Master
For this thread, I nominate four textures, never before released to the public. All four of these textures were made by my sister, FangzV, who can be contacted through that name on YouTube, deviantART, or here on Smashboards (preferably YouTube, since she checks that one most often).

Click on the image for the download link.

First, for Peach's blue outfit, from Shin Megami Tensei: Alice.

Next, for Zamus' green outfit, from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4: Chie Satonaka.

Next, in place of Samus' Dark Suit (or Gravity Suit, doesn't really matter): Gold Samus

And finally, in place of Link's Blue (or Dark) outfit, from The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap: Vaati.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Updated. And just for the future - Can nobody host their images at http://www.brawlsnapshots.com please?

Imageshack can't yank from their server, so for thumbnails, I have to save them to my PC first, it's kind of annoying.

No big deal for just a few, though.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Ah... May I make a "new" recommendation for Marth 03-Blue?

This one was a collaboration between me and camelot, from the ROY!!! topic. Snapshot here; download here.
I don't mean to make this recommendation just because I worked on it, but rather because... accuracy, I suppose? I don't know. I just know I've gotten a number of thumbs-up on it, so it's arguably agreeable amongst most. :p

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
I see you have still mostly no textures for PT. I just happen to have released a pack with textures for all of his team colors today.

Team Blue

Team Green

Team Red

Download

The pack comes with CSP's and battle portraits in case you need those. It also comes with an altered CSP for Team Green to include TMNT Squirtle along with a battle portrait for him.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Space Ghost Falcon- Chaotix000 and Stevetv
BloodKnight-Dragonrage
Zero Marth (Lelouch)- Picano (note there's also a CSP for him)
Belmonth Marth- Das Donkey Team
San Marth-Das Donkey Team.
CharizardTwo - Register
Salamence - Oizen X
Hitsugaya - picano

I've got a few problems with the Marth choices. I feel that a lot of them are either degrading or...not well done. The red ones were very humorous to me...for the first 5 seconds, after which I was just insulted by them as I realized that these choices may actually be taken seriously. I got the same feeling from the Riku and Zero textures not because they were really making fun of Marth, but because they were simply lackluster textures. The heart on Riku's cape is terribly mis-shapen, and Zero is...well a female texture on a male character (and...why do you have it under whit instead of red?) Zero is not as degrading as the other red textures though (cause at least there's an excuse for the feminine look...it's a girl)

I'd think it would be a good idea to add these textures to the voting. (please enlarge the pictures when looking at them, a lot of my comments are about the detail in the picture)

Red- Blood Knight.
This texture is certainly more red than both of your listed choices, while also not depicting Marth as...gay. A lot of people seem to have a personal vendetta against Marth, but that's no reason to include degrading depictions of him in a community texture pack. Some people happen to LIKE Marth. If you MUST have a funny picture of Marth, put it on your own wii (or at LEAST move it to a non-team color) For this texture in particular I like how the blade, hilt, and particularly the sheath was redone (very nice touch)

Green-No problems here but, can we consider simply leaving Marth's default green costume?

Blue- Zero (Lelouch) from code Geass. Sure it's kinda hard to compete with Roy, but it's a pretty well done texture (sure it doesn't really look like Lelouch, but it's a fine texture nontheless). The coloration of the cape and the hiding of the tiara are great (the eyes are a nice touch).

Black- Belmonth Marth
Das Donkey textures have a suprising amount of class, mostly because of their attention to detail. Note the various buckles, the work done on the sword AND sheath, and the shading of his shirt underneath the cape. Riku quite frankly looks a little rushed, with it's crooked heart and what looks like paper around his waist.

White- San Marth
Not keen on the name, but I'm very impressed by the texture. Various insignias faded into the gauntlets, gloves, and sleaves (the sleave pattern reoccuring throught the white clothed areas of the entire texture) add a reflective apperance to the texture. The shirt under the cape is also well done, particularly around the colar bone. The hair has a nice fade to it and the tiara itself also recieved some work to make it look just that much more...valuable.

Well, there's my complaints and my explination for each texture I've suggested. I hope that they will be considered.

edit: Got a few more suggestions for other characters.

Sheik...take off Sothe. Sothe...doesn't have wide hips. Even barring that, it's not a particularly well done Sheik texture either. Those minda textures look like they'd actually make a fairly good green replacement

Pit- Hitsugaya, Toshiro
Yes, I'm aware this looks nothing like Toshiro at all. But it is also a nice texture in my opinion. And since you don't have a white texture for Pit, I thought I'd make a suggestion. I might even suggest this for a black version of Pit (though Traveler's tough to beat)

Captain Falcon-
HOW DARE YOU FORGET SPACE GHOST!?!?!

Charizard- CharizardTWO One of the few instances where I don't think people would mind overwritting the original costume.
Salamance idk, this one's just a popular choice for blue amoungst my friends. The blue one posted above me looks pretty awesome though.

That's all the textures I really cared about. I think a community texture pack is a cool idea...you just have to list a wider variety of choices to vote on imo.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, there's my complaints and my explination for each texture I've suggested. I hope that they will be considered.
Very much, sir. I'll throw them all up in a bit. Thanks for the contributions - Don't blame me for the textures that are currently up, I just vet the really, really bad ones. :laugh:

But yeah, I'm trying to make my influence as transparent as possible. There's quite a few textures up in the original post that I'm personally not too keen on, but this topic isn't about me.

For green falcon. It's a bit shiny, but it's very cool. The pics on the website are all broken, but I guarantee it looks just like the real thing.
Can you get a picture up? I can't put one in the first post without some pictures.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Okay, Space Ghost Falcon was actually a joke. But a very popular one nontheless.

It'd go over Pink Falcon though so...that's a very tough decision.

I also added some more things to my post. I guess you can leave the green Shiek up there but...there's gonna be a "leave the default costume" choice right?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That there will, the choice for keeping the original will be available on every texture.

And I've gotta keep the 00's default. It's a principles thing. Sorta like how the team colors have to work. :p

EDIT: Also, do you know where you got most of the textures from? I'm trying to give credit to everybody who made these things, so that I can put a list in when we get a set put together.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
These are the textures I think are a must for the pack. Very good quality.

04(light blue)
Jackel(lucario)
I think this one is pretty awsome, but it's not far surpassing the yellow. We will have to leave it to the votes.

05(feline suit) or 03(blue)
Joker(snake)
This is one of the best textures ever made, it's blue enough for blue, but maybe too flashy to be a standard on teams, so perhaps he can go at the end. Either way he must be included.

03(blue)
Midna(zelda)
I know you have one, but this in my opinion is a better version quality.

03(blue)
Roy(ike)
Really, roy looks so much better as ike. Just look at him. How can we not include it?

01(red)
Cursed(meta)
This is just amazing, he is full of enough red to be on red team.

05(pink)
Galactic Knight(majora really doesn't look that cool, and he's part of the zelda series. Galactic knight is pure dreamland.

03(googles)
Dittochu(pikachu)
It's ditta transformed to pika. Very nice.

02(green)
Oozaru(dk)
This has lots of detail. He doesn't look too green here, but he looks green in the game, and if he is not green enough, we can move him the 05(white) area. I don't think people want to get rid of that though.

05(brown)
Gears of ganon(ganon)
Very detailed. A must.

02(green)
Sigma(ganon)
Very cool, robotic ganon. Green enough.

05(black)
Metal Sonic(sonic)
I know we do not want to get rid of shadow, but metal sonic is just as important to me. I propose we move shadaow to the red slot(he is pleanty red) leaving this spot open for metal sonic.

That's all I have for now. If i find more epic ones, I'll tell make sure to share.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: Also, do you know where you got most of the textures from? I'm trying to give credit to everybody who made these things, so that I can put a list in when we get a set put together.
Blood Knight is mine, CharizardTwo - Register, Salamence - Oizen X, Hitsugaya - picano

Just looked through my textures and I have some more I think are worthy of suggesting.

Phazon Suit Samus+ZSS (Gravity or Dark Suit)

I feel kinda bad about taking all the credit for the ZSS one since the design is almos entirely based off what Yeroc told me.

SG-1 Fox (Green)

The design is simple but it's still is one of my most successful textures. I won't suggest the Falco variant of it there are much better choices for green Falco out there.

Crono (not sure maybe blue or one of his non team color costumes)

There is already a Crono on the list but mine is somewhat different. All comes down to personal preference I guess.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Space Ghost Falcon- Chaotix000 and Stevetv
Zero Marth (Lelouch)- Picano (note there's also a CSP for him)
Belmonth Marth- Das Donkey Team
San Marth-Das Donkey Team.

Smash Apprentice
Hey, someone's got to recommend some textures for Marth even if some of them are mediocre :laugh:

resubmitting recommendations because I finally took pictures xD

:pikachu2:
02 Green - G.I.R. [by Ike Lawliet]

Download

ooh... and Kilachu should be goggles

:snake:
03 Blue - Albert Wesker [by marvin]

Download

EDIT: some more nominations

:bowser2:
Brown - Dry Bowser [by ]EE[]

:falcon:
Blue - Sub-Zero [by Zephron]

:diddy:
Blue - SEGA Fanboy [by Akuago220]

Download

Pink [?] - Terry Bogard [by inferno]

Download

Purple - Fake Diddy [by Nintendo]

Download

:ganondorf:
Blue - Akuma [by jman]

Download

Granted this isn't really blue but I can't seem to find any better blue Ganon textures :\

Brown - TOON Ganon [by Register]

Download

:metaknight:
White - Zero Two [by Register]

Download

Red - S-Knight [by Register]

Download

Blue - Count Bleck [by picano]

Download

Green - Sir Arthur [by Androu1]

Download

:ness:
Bumblebee - Pokemon Trainer [by PZT]

Download

Mr. Saturn - Masked Man [by Dhragen]

Download

:yoshi:
Red - Blaarg [by PZT + Androu1]

Download

Light Blue - Black Yoshi [by picano]

Download

Sorry for the lack of thumbnails on some of the images, they don't have a thumbnail or smaller image >.<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^Can you provide a download link to said texture?

Also @ Shadic, it would be very helpful if you included download links for each texture. I'll edit my post to include DL links next to each picture, and you should do the same.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I must have the magic armor Link.

this one too. I can't live without ordon.

I use white for fierce diety so this could go on yellow or possibly green (yellow most likely)

MK26

Smash Master
Ive got about 100 pictures of recommended textures (and that's just from Stack Smash), and I realized that the pictures im using are 640x480, meaning they're absolutely HUGE and would stretch the page and be very difficult to look at, and i dont what to download and manually resize the pictures...any ideas?

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Ive got about 100 pictures of recommended textures (and that's just from Stack Smash), and I realized that the pictures im using are 640x480, meaning they're absolutely HUGE and would stretch the page and be very difficult to look at, and i dont what to download and manually resize the pictures...any ideas?
Just post links, and make sure it's not on the list already.

Also, don't just post any textures, we are looking for the best quality ones. When you look to see which cotume you want to replace, make sure it is not taken by a texture that is better.

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
Personally, I'd be pissed if someone posted 100 links and expected me to look at each one of them
Are there really 100 textures that noone on this thread has talked about that are worthy of this set? I doubt it.

Smash Apprentice
if they are from stacksmash, you can go their website and URL the bigger image and then display the image using the thumbnail version.

Or if you're going to upload your own, maybe imageshack?

EDIT: Wolf nominations

:wolf:
Red - Panther Caruso(?) [by redhedge]

Download

Blue - Zerowolf64 [by Akuago224]

Download

Green - Wolf McCloud [by Androu1]

Download

Ramun_Flame

Smash Cadet
I counted. The total is 83. Have checked some, but not all for duplicates with the op
How about this, you wait until Shadic updates the list, which should be soon. Then of course when you post a texture you have to say which costume you want to replace, so check the list before puting each texture and see if that spot already has a texture or your texture is on the character. If your texture isn't there use your judgement to see if yours is better than the current in that spot, if there is one. I'm sure this will help you weed out quite a few.

Also,

First the batman(ganon) and robin(captain falcon) textures are in my opinion, not very detailed. I see many parts are pitch black and it could of been so much better, maybe you could try to put more detail in those parts.

Second I saw that the alternate for iron man samus(red), was the bikini samus for zerosuit. I'm not sure if this is best for a comunity pack. Also it obviosly doesn't go well to have ironman turn to that. You said yourself shadic that you wanted transformations to somewhat flow. am I the only one with this opinion?

MK26

Smash Master
How about this, you wait until Shadic updates the list, which should be soon. Then of course when you post a texture you have to say which costume you want to replace, so check the list before puting each texture and see if that spot already has a texture or your texture is on the character. If your texture isn't there use your judgement to see if yours is better than the current in that spot, if there is one. I'm sure this will help you weed out quite a few.
Meh. I only pick the ones I like, so I'll probably believe that most of the ones I nominate are better than the ones that are already there. And anyway, it's 82 now, Wolf McCloud was on the list.

And 112, the thumbnails link to the full-size photos. However, i trawled through the source code and found that most (if not all) of the thumbnails are simply the same name as the regular photos, but with "-300x225" added to the end.

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for this to come out.
Looks like it'll be great, I've been waiting for an idea like this to happen.

Smash Apprentice
Second I saw that the alternate for iron man samus(red), was the bikini samus for zerosuit. I'm not sure if this is best for a comunity pack. Also it obviosly doesn't go well to have ironman turn to that. You said yourself shadic that you wanted transformations to somewhat flow. am I the only one with this opinion?
I think there's some logical correlation between Iron Man and Yoko xD

Anyways, I didn't read that part so here's....

Red - Iron Suit Samus [by Finman702]

Download

Blue - Dark Suit Samus
[ugh... I'll find this eventually. And by eventually, I mean 2 weeks -__-]

And 112, the thumbnails link to the full-size photos. However, i trawled through the source code and found that most (if not all) of the thumbnails are simply the same name as the regular photos, but with "-300x225" added to the end.
hmm... maybe for the url section, give it the 300 x 225, and then for the img part of the picture post; replace it with -150x150 [since those are the sizes of the thumbnails found in each texture page] I hope you understood that part since it's a bit wordy.

Top Bottom