• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forget Nerfs! What buffs would be most beneficial to your main(s)?

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
:4samus:-how about a jab THAT ACTUALLY HITS TWICE!! >:(
:4lucario:- less endlag on counter/more knockback on counter... make it almost as good as Shulk's maybe...
:4megaman:-more knock back on f-tilt than on jab would be nice
:4marth:-needs less endlag, and a bit more range

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
:4lucario:- less endlag on counter/more knockback on counter... make it almost as good as Shulk's maybe...
:4zss:-ok, I missed the grab, now put the whip away instead of thinking about it for 30 seconds

D

Deleted member 269706

All characters are able to move after using a Side B move...Falcon and Ike get screwed over because their side B's send them into free-fall, whereas several other characters can use their side B's as recoveries, and then move again afterwards if they have to...

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Itd be nice if Mega Man had an honest-to-goodness nair and ftilt. Maybe jabbing right before jumping or walking can allow you to use your buster in those scenarios, but a real ftilt and nair would help a lot.

For Charizard, more mobility would be nice, and Flare Blitz should only do recoil on hit.

Lucina should be as safe on Block as Marth's non-tipper moves are.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4zss:-ok, I missed the grab, now put the whip away instead of thinking about it for 30 seconds
You should probably use the edit button next time bruh :p

:4falco: - Make Up air like Fox's (i.e better kill power)

Twizman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twizman
For Falco:
Increase walk and dash speed. Autocancel lasers. Reduce endlag on phantasm (side b). Make dash grab slightly faster. Increase weight slightly. Make upair slightly faster. Make the third hit of jab link.

Above all, improved mobility and faster lasers would make Falco significantly more potent.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Give back ROB's Brawl Up B. :sadeyes:

:231:
I thought it was fine? But I miss his old Bair and Dair moves from Brawl.

Oh, and DHD's gunmen need to be durable and can kill... and his smashes need to be able to hit opponents three times instead of pushing them away before the third shot hits (just because we were bad at Duck Hunt IRL doesn't mean the NES Zapper player should be a bad shooter in Smash)... and the duck needs to headbutt the opponent faster (pummel)... and the clay discs should travel faster and can kill at the third shot... and I should be able to immediately do Up+B recovery after throwing a clay disc... and his Up+B recovery, while is decent, needs to let the dog bite (I want the bite custom plus the flight distance default together) and I can cancel the move like G&W can.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Can we buff the Ice Climbers to actually be playable? :c

Or rather, let's buff everyone so they can Hoo-Haa like :4diddy: can. So then everyone can shut up about him.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
For Dr. Mario, recovery buff to either cape or 'nado, maybe slightly more speed.

For Samus, less end-lag on grab attempts, more hitstun on first jab so that it's not punishable

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
:4bowserjr:He should be allowed to regain his Koopa Kar after getting knocked away by any attack (even weak ones like Falcon's weak knee) The only exception should be moves without hitstun like FLUDD or Mario's cape. As it stands he is easily gimped by weak attacks when recovering with Abandon Ship (Up B)
Also his grab should have tether grab range for how long it takes to come out. That or it is sped up to be like normal grabs like Mario's. Right now they take twice as long as Mario's grab but with the same crappy range... Almost useless against faster characters like Sheik or Falcon...
Lastly Jr's aerials should have decreased landing lag to really emphasize that this character belongs in the air and should approach from above. He suffers from massive landing lag on his Dair, Bair, and Fair.

:4falcon: He could use less landing lag with his knee..... Also more air speed to put him on par with his Melee version.
:4bowser:Needs better armor on some of his attacks like Little Mac. Not necessarily super armor. Also needs his old jab back.
:4myfriends:Could use less endlag on most of his attacks. Startup lag should increase to make up for it on his heavier attacks.
:mewtwopm:I know he's not out yet but I feel like his weight will be too light, like Melee. I really hope they put him at above average weight, like Falcon and Link... Or at the very least medium weight like Mario to avoid being tossed around as much as Peach was in Melee...

Attachments

vypex

Smash Cadet
:4sheik: Either return bouncing fish to pre-1.04 or remove death fall after using side B either one would be nice, Lack of killing power that isn't up smash or bounching fish off stage would be nice, and side B off stage death needs no explanation death from that is all too common.

Matoi Knight

Smash Apprentice
NNID
katarina-hatsune
3DS FC
5215-0514-7118
:4lucina:As compensation for the lack of a tipper, Lucina should be given Marth's range from Melee. As a result, hitboxes and the Parallel Falchion's model size becomes a tad bit bigger.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
:4ganondorf: His Warlock Punch should be 1-Hit KO.......

Jk, but seriously, his grab range should be increased, his Dair should auto-cancel like in Brawl, and his running speed should increase.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
:4rob:- For the love of god, gives us back brawl Up B and Bair. Also charged laser should kill at around 120% There shouldn't be any reason I should prefer weak laser in all scenarios.

:4sonic:- Just give him back the old auto cancel window on his dair please.

:4metaknight:- Character just needs some safer pokes, so either safer f tilt or fair would be lovely.

:mewtwopm:- Give him a better weight. A pokemon weighing in at 269 pounds shouldn't be as light as the human wireframe known as Marth. Make Confusion not literally useless and remove the sour spots on his tilts or at least reduce their size drastically.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4rob:- For the love of god, gives us back brawl Up B and Bair. Also charged laser should kill at around 120% There shouldn't be any reason I should prefer weak laser in all scenarios.

:4sonic:- Just give him back the old auto cancel window on his dair please.

:4metaknight:- Character just needs some safer pokes, so either safer f tilt or fair would be lovely.

:mewtwopm:- Give him a better weight. A pokemon weighing in at 269 pounds shouldn't be as light as the human wireframe known as Marth. Make Confusion not literally useless and remove the sour spots on his tilts or at least reduce their size drastically.
:mewtwopm:- You know what they should do? They should keep the hurtbox on the middle of his body during his dash attack like in Melee

But seriously, Increase the range of Confusion. That would be nice.
Also, more knock back with aerial confusion.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
:mewtwopm:- You know what they should do? They should keep the hurtbox on the middle of his body during his dash attack like in Melee

But seriously, Increase the range of Confusion. That would be nice.
Also, more knock back with aerial confusion.
If the range on confusion was the only problem I'd be fine with it, but the fact it only deflects (not reflects) projectiles and can be punished ON HIT I find it literally useless in any 1v1 scenario.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
ZSS's uncharged shot now paralyzes for long enough to follow up with a grab. Or reduce the lag on her paralyzer. That'd help too. And make her ridiculously overpowered. :3

D

Deleted member

:4luigi:Luigi is already amazing! ...But I think his Green Missile should have more priority (being beat by Sheik's Needles is pathetic) and a less gimpable recovery.
:4shulk:Less start up and end lag on his attacks. I know that sort of thing should be expected for a character like Shulk, whose Monado has an incredibly long range. However, when I am trying to punish an opponent, I get punished more than punishing them.
:4greninja:Remember how awesome Greninja was before the 3DS patch? How about we revert him back to that? (minus the Shadow Sneak auto-cancel)

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
:4sonic:: Less lag when landing using an aerial, especially Dair. Uair is fine. Hyphen Smash range from Brawl would be nice. And have HA go straight forward with a slight upward arch instead of shooting straight down when it doesn't lock on to anything.
:4falcon:: Less lag after landing while using knee.
:4pikachu:: Needs a little more killing power on some moves. Thunder should have the knockback it used to have given the risks in using it.
:4lucario:: Revert his extreme speed to the landing lag it used to have. You pretty much have time to go and take a s**t in the time it takes for him to recover from lag now.

_gold_

Smash Master
:4lucario:: Revert his extreme speed to the landing lag it used to have. You pretty much have time to go and take a s**t in the time it takes for him to recover from lag now.
His lag after that move is just unnecessary. It almost rivals Little Mac's lag after using his neutral special.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
His lag after that move is just unnecessary. It almost rivals Little Mac's lag after using his neutral special.
Exactly. I know he's a good character and all, but my god it's ridiculous. He may aswell have a sign above his head saying "Hit me now plz".

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
DHD needs a kill throw and the can should KO a little earlier. I work way too hard with intricate can movement for as little reward it gets.

DarkCrown

Smash Rookie
:4shulk: Augment his fall speed significantly, he is way too floaty.
:4shulk:Buff his jab combo speed to make it easier to interrupt and mix in tilts
:4shulk:Super armor for backslash
:4shulk:Nearly double the speed at which he uses his down air such that it becomes a quicker attack with a shorter window of opportunity, making it usable on ground as it would have less landing lag as well as being able to double jump out of it if timed well.
:4shulk:Remove Damage defense debuff on Jump, lower his knockback defense to where smash is currently.
:4shulk:For speed, bring his damage up to normal and reduce his knockback defense for the same amount.
:4shulk:Shield is perfectly fine as is.
:4shulk:Buster doesn't need any changes either.
:4shulk:Bring knockback defense back to normal on smash, reduce his speed slightly.

These changes would certainly make shulk a more fluid and less vulnerable character. His low/static falling and attack speed make him way too predictable and punishable. As for his arts, I would rather have 1 of his stats be very low than have 2 of them nerfed significantly as it makes the character weak instead of versatile.

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Pre-1.04 uair would be perfect. Bouncing fish too, but that's getting a bit greedy...

I'd like to see Marth get his Brawl kit back too. I miss my old main.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
:4zelda:: Buff everything

Although seriously
Less landing lag after fair and bair
Din's fire doesn't put you into freefall
More range on dins
Speed up dins
People not falling out of FSmash and USmash
More range on USmash
More knockback on UAir
Some sort of use for FTilt
An increase in ground speed would be nice too, maybe around peach's?

There's probably more but these are all I can think of

Last edited:

Gublash

Smash Rookie
:4kirby:- reduce time it takes to enter stone form, reduce time for dash grab to go/increase grab range slightly.

There are a ton of little things that could help kirby a ton but those are the ones that would be the biggest changes to me here are a few others I could think of
:kirby:
make up-B reflect projectiles again.
reduce knock back on a few moves- f-tilt,jabs so kirby can have some combo potential or at least some follow-up
reduce the time it takes to swing the hammer/ reduce the time it takes to turn around while charging it
make his down-Air an actual spike instead of a soft one ( however that would effect his onstage game so not sure on this one)

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
:4falcon:
less landing lag on DAIR and FAIR
make USMASH's hitbox hider

:4bowserjr:
smaller shorthop and be able to short jump out of SIDEB
stronger B and B should be storable

:4charizard:
make flare blitz not damage you if you dont hit anything
give rock smash more priority
1 or 2 more jumps

:4dedede:
make gordos deflect with any hit over 5% (instead of 2%)

:4diddy:
give his DTHROW more horizontal knockback so it can kill earlier /sarcasm
improve UPB

:4dk:
give him his old BAIR and DAIR
give him his old FSMASH reach... or just simply make the hitbox bigger, it feels like the clap covers more than the hitbox does
DSMASH is a bit slow and lacking power

:4drmario:
give him his melee FAIR
let his cape levitate like mario's
make his tornado levitate as much as luigis
give him more speed/aerial mobility
give pills 2% more damage

:4falco:
autocancelling lasers (falco's unique trait as a character)
faster SIDEB
faster DAIR

:4duckhunt:
DOWNB should hit 2% more and the guy should "die" when he is hit over 10% worth of damage

:4fox:
faster SIDEB
old shinespike back... you took fox's unique trait away as a character away

:4ganondorf:
make him a lot more like his melee counterpart
DOWNB should kill around 100
should have way less aerial lag
more ground and aerial mobility

:4greninja:
his B should be storeable
DOWNB should always hit when triggered

:4myfriends:
give his fair and nair a bigger hitbox
FSMASH needs a bit of more power
downb should always hit when triggered

:4jigglypuff:
more ground speed
tiny bit more weight
rising pound back again

:4littlemac:
longer sideb and upb

:4lucina::4marth:
more range
less aerial lag
more hitstun and less knockback (for combo potential)
less throw knockback (followups)
more power on neutralb
triggered counter should always hit

:4mario:
creatively... downb could be a recovery option in the air (like in mario sunshine)

:4metaknight:
stronger DSMASH nowhere near as strong as brawl though
make him a bit more floaty (larger jumps)
make his hitboxes bigger on all aerials
1-2% more damage on all his moves, he really struggles to do damage
remove landing lag of FAIR

:4ness:
upb should be like lucas' ... even the ball part should pierce players

:4olimar:
longer grab range

:4palutena:
no ending lag in all tilts
bigger hitboxes on BAIR and DAIR
no landing lag on NAIR

:4pacman:
more consistent grab

:4peach:
way less startup lag on DOWNB
give FAIR more priority

:4robinm:
more ground speed
larger hitbox on downb

:4samus:
no limit on downb and sideb's on the field
no missile landing lag
DTILT should KO like in brawl
UTILT should spike
more manoeuvrability on UPB

:4shulk:
monado arts should have way weaker secondary effects
SIDEB needs either more mobility, power, or cancelling options (it sucks right now, badly)

:4sonic:
uair needs more knockback
old DSMASH's hitbox and animation

:4tlink:
make him as floaty as brawl so he can short hop and do 2 BAIRS
no langing lag
DAIR should spike in all of its trajectory

:4wario:
more knockback on UAIR
old FSMASH with invincibility frames and all
FAIR NAID and BAIR need more power
DAIR needs less landing lag

:4wiifit:
way bigger hitboxes for all aerials, tilts and smashes
DOWNB should recover 5%

:4yoshi:
give him a normal shield, not that stupid egg, his rolls are so bad
improved range in UPB

:4zelda:
FAIR BAIR and DAIR need to do more damage and knockback when sweetspotted
UAIR more knockback
all smashes more knockback and larger hitboxes
DOWNB should have more reach and power
SIDEB more manoeuvrability and last longer
B needs less ending lag

:4zss:
UPB should always connect the final hit

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4falcon:
less landing lag on DAIR and FAIR
make USMASH's hitbox hider

:4bowserjr:
smaller shorthop and be able to short jump out of SIDEB
stronger B and B should be storable

:4charizard:
make flare blitz not damage you if you dont hit anything
give rock smash more priority
1 or 2 more jumps

:4dedede:
make gordos deflect with any hit over 5% (instead of 2%)

:4diddy:
give his DTHROW more horizontal knockback so it can kill earlier /sarcasm
improve UPB

:4dk:
give him his old BAIR and DAIR
give him his old FSMASH reach... or just simply make the hitbox bigger, it feels like the clap covers more than the hitbox does
DSMASH is a bit slow and lacking power

:4drmario:
give him his melee FAIR
let his cape levitate like mario's
make his tornado levitate as much as luigis
give him more speed/aerial mobility
give pills 2% more damage

:4falco:
autocancelling lasers (falco's unique trait as a character)
faster SIDEB
faster DAIR

:4duckhunt:
DOWNB should hit 2% more and the guy should "die" when he is hit over 10% worth of damage

:4fox:
faster SIDEB
old shinespike back... you took fox's unique trait away as a character away

:4ganondorf:
make him a lot more like his melee counterpart
DOWNB should kill around 100
should have way less aerial lag
more ground and aerial mobility

:4greninja:
his B should be storeable
DOWNB should always hit when triggered

:4myfriends:
give his fair and nair a bigger hitbox
FSMASH needs a bit of more power
downb should always hit when triggered

:4jigglypuff:
more ground speed
tiny bit more weight
rising pound back again

:4littlemac:
longer sideb and upb

:4lucina::4marth:
more range
less aerial lag
more hitstun and less knockback (for combo potential)
less throw knockback (followups)
more power on neutralb
triggered counter should always hit

:4mario:
creatively... downb could be a recovery option in the air (like in mario sunshine)

:4metaknight:
stronger DSMASH nowhere near as strong as brawl though
make him a bit more floaty (larger jumps)
make his hitboxes bigger on all aerials
1-2% more damage on all his moves, he really struggles to do damage
remove landing lag of FAIR

:4ness:
upb should be like lucas' ... even the ball part should pierce players

:4olimar:
longer grab range

:4palutena:
no ending lag in all tilts
bigger hitboxes on BAIR and DAIR
no landing lag on NAIR

:4pacman:
more consistent grab

:4peach:
way less startup lag on DOWNB
give FAIR more priority

:4robinm:
more ground speed
larger hitbox on downb

:4samus:
no limit on downb and sideb's on the field
no missile landing lag
DTILT should KO like in brawl
UTILT should spike
more manoeuvrability on UPB

:4shulk:
monado arts should have way weaker secondary effects
SIDEB needs either more mobility, power, or cancelling options (it sucks right now, badly)

:4sonic:
uair needs more knockback
old DSMASH's hitbox and animation

:4tlink:
make him as floaty as brawl so he can short hop and do 2 BAIRS
no langing lag
DAIR should spike in all of its trajectory

:4wario:
more knockback on UAIR
old FSMASH with invincibility frames and all
FAIR NAID and BAIR need more power
DAIR needs less landing lag

:4wiifit:
way bigger hitboxes for all aerials, tilts and smashes
DOWNB should recover 5%

:4yoshi:
give him a normal shield, not that stupid egg, his rolls are so bad
improved range in UPB

:4zelda:
FAIR BAIR and DAIR need to do more damage and knockback when sweetspotted
UAIR more knockback
all smashes more knockback and larger hitboxes
DOWNB should have more reach and power
SIDEB more manoeuvrability and last longer
B needs less ending lag

:4zss:
UPB should always connect the final hit
Doesn't Ganon's Aerial Down B kill at less than 100%?

Anyway, adding onto some of yours:
:4ganondorf: Longer grab range and dash grab range.

:4falco: Make it so we can Fast fall during Aerial Laser.

Last edited:

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
ok im thinking realistic here. Like not OP

:4ness:: PK Pulse made much faster but much weaker making a viable move
:4marth:: More range, less lag, pretty much melee/brawl marth equivalent
:4jigglypuff:: Better rest and bair
:4lucario:: get rid of his new landing lag
:4metaknight:: more range

Last edited:

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Shiek: fair and dair like melee
c.falcon: knee a bit less lag
Luigi: fair more knock back

_gold_

Smash Master
brawl - version of toon like and I'm good... He'd get banned so fast though.
I've used Toon Link like maybe half a dozen times since he first became a fighter. How is he different in SSB4?

Top Bottom