• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forget Nerfs! What buffs would be most beneficial to your main(s)?

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
What would you improve about your mains if given the opportunity?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Ganon's Fair would Auto Cancel.
Increase Ganon's Grab range in general.

Revert Mac's Aerial side B to 1.03.
Mac can jump after an Aerial Counter.

Falco's Lasers to Auto Cancel, so we can do SH Laser.
Make Falco's Dair faster.
Fair Auto cancel.

Khao

Smash Lord
Let's improve Marth's range a bit, shall we?

That should be enough.

(In all seriousness, I would love it if he got short-hop double-fair back)

Last edited:

HSmileyFace

Smash Rookie
I would make sheiks bomb NOT set you into special fall. The amount of times I've tried to bouncing fish back onto stage, only to use the bomb...

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I'd speed up Peach's turnip-pulling back to Melee/Brawl's speed. It's not terrible now but it could be better.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I would make DH's smashes' hits more consistent, and give Up-B a hitbox. I think that would help against those reliant on gimping and rushdown characters.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
:4rob: Remove the sour spot on ROB's spike, and make high speed burner default.

Also one other minor buff for ROB. Fix his eyes. He was more expressive then :4megaman: in the 3DS, but ROB suddenly lacks emotion in Wii-U. He needs those angry eyes to menacingly glare at :4ganondorf:, just before he avenges his robotic brethren.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
:rosalina:Buff her back the way she was except maintain the 13 second respawn time for Luma.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
As long as Mewtwo is going to be viable, i'm good.

...just kidding!
MAKE HIM A GOD!!

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
:4lucina: Reduce landing lag on aerials.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4rob:Fix the accidental ledge ROBcide glitch... (For those who don't know, if you roll behind someone at the ledge and quickly Up-Throw them, there's a chance you and your target will both go plummeting down to the lower blast line, with you dying first.) I've died to this so many times in All-Star mode and Crazy Orders. It wouldn't even be a "buff" so much as a straight-up fix.
:4bowserjr:Either lower the endlag on the cannon or make it so opponents can't grab the Mechakoopas.
:4robinm:Lower the "arc" of Arcfire. (Seriously, you shouldn't be able to avoid any attack by MOVING INTO THE SOURCE.)
:4duckhunt:God, fix his freaking smashes...

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
:4pikachu: increase the knockback of his skull bash so it's actually an ok killing move if uncharged (kill at like 50% when fully charged)
:4sheik: Bouncing fish's knockback buff
:4sonic: more priority when in ball form and make homing attack actually home in more often (I cant tell you how annoying it is to kill yourself with homing attack -_-)

Honorable mention:

:4tlink: I WANNA USE HIM SO BAD! I hate that most of his SH aerials dont auto cancel. Fair, Dair, and Nair need to auto cancel on SH.

Thundering TNT

Smash Cadet
:4littlemac: Now has side b length of 1.0.3 and has super armor on his tilts as well. Ok, that last bis would break him entirely, so just make his airial up b go the height of his grounded one.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
:4yoshi:Give back the original pivot grab AND have a kill throw (PLS).
:4drmario:Remove ending lag on pills, increase mobility, original Back throw and Nair, and better reach on Fair.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
:4ganondorf: bring back his melee speed, buff grab range.:4sheik: back old fair everything else in the patch was justified.(as much as i miss old bouncing fish it was a bit excessive)Characters i don't main or sub but think really deserve the buffs: :4samus:bring back missile land cancels and sexkick:4drmario: buff that horrible recovery:4metaknight: RANGE BUFF
:4marth:LET HIM USE A REAL SWORD AGAIN D=<
:4falco:Lasers, make dair and half his aerials in general less laggy:4zelda:Make phantom more useful, give her project m din's fire.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: Invert Rest's hitbox. :demon:
:4wario2: Make the bike realistic so that it kills the ran over opponent. Realism is good right? (Obvious sarcasm)
:4metaknight: Really, all he needs is more damage output per hit.
:4dedede: Revert his aerials to his brawl rendition. Re-add chaingrabs. Wait what am I saying, Dedede is perfect already.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4wario2: Make the bike realistic so that it kills the ran over opponent. Realism is good right? (Obvious sarcasm)
:4dedede: Revert his aerials to his brawl rendition. Re-add chaingrabs. Wait what am I saying, Dedede is perfect already.
Jigglypuff tho

I agree, MK needs for damage output. Also, am I the only one who finds MK to be clunky in this game?

Also, decrease end lag on Brawlers F Smash and make U-Smash a kill move at earlier percents.

PCHU

Smash Lord
:4dedede: Give him back his Brawl aerials or lower the startup frames of gordo toss.
Or maybe make it to where people can't hit it back at him before he's even launched it.

:4wario2:I just want the old nair and fsmash back; the rest is fine.

:4metaknight:The range nerf is whatever, but give him back attack speed if he's gonna be so weak; almost everyone has a fantastic recovery anyway.

Really, if they just gave everyone at least a few all-around quick attacks, they'd have more viable answers to more difficult situations and would be better equipped to combat the low shieldstun/better rolls.
Think PM Charizard/Ganon/DK.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
:4wario2: needs his Brawl airspeed and forward smash back.
:4megaman: could use more range on his lemons.
:4falcon:Give the Knee of Justice it's Melee properties.
:4gaw: Turn him back into Brawl G&W. He needs it badly.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
Wario could use his airspeed, uair, dair, and forward smash from Brawl.

ApolloJustice

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trips97
3DS FC
4399-1028-9689
Switch FC
SW 3765 5242 2129
:4marth: Less aerial landing/end lag
:4sheik: Old bouncing fish
:4zss: She's pretty perfect already (if you want her to be truly broken, Flip Kick should have more priority)
:4palutena: Less crappy tilts (can her dtilt be any slower, pls no)

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
:4drmario: : For the love of the sweet baby Jesus, make him faster. He also needs a better recovery, even though I still find it okay.
:4falco: : Just make him faster.
:4fox: : Already super balanced. He doesn't need buffs or nerfs.
:4luigi: : Less slidy maybe ? Also, buff his recovery a little bit, at least for the green missile.
:4darkpit: : Less ending lag in the air for the SideB would be nice.

I don't really care if all of those characters don't get buffs. They are already good like this.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
:4ganondorf:: Increase his overall speed (fewer frames on attacks and better air speed). IMHO, Ganondorf has amazing power and not much else going for him; it's too easy to punish him when he whiffs a move and his heaviness combined with his lackluster air speed means that he likely not coming back to the stage when he's knocked into the magnifying lens.

:4marth::4lucina:: Dolphin Slash - Increase launching power for sweetspot, Dancing Blade - Combos should sync in better (the second hits and various finishers tend to miss a lot in my experience), Fair - less cooldown when landing, Jab - Melee version: where it's easy to use over and over again.

:4mario:: Fsmash - starts up quicker (by a frame or two)

Last edited:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
:4shulk:Arts now only have buffs. They have no debuffs whatsoever. This means Jump no longer lets you take extra damage, you get normal jump and recovery height from Speed, you have the same damage output and movement speed in Shield, you don't take extra damage in Buster (reduced knockback I consider a buff because it helps Buster setups), and you no longer receive much more knockback in Smash.

Now for Co-Mains/Sub-Mains:
:4sonic:Spindash (Both Side/Down B) has more priority/super armor during the entire ball form duration.
:4mario:Down Tilt sets up for Forward Smash in a true combo (Not sure if this is actually true atm).
:4luigi:He's perfect already. Year of Luigi/1.04 patch/Luigi mains has been faithful to him.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
:4sonic:Remove the property on his Side B and Down B where it sometimes hits, and other times it just passes through them. If I'm in a deadly spinning ball, I should be able to hurt people! Also, let him grab the edge in spinball form.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
:4wiifit:: More range on tilts. Just give her those cheap action lines that artificially extend the range of Mario, Captain Falcon and especially Yoshi and she'll be golden.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
:4wiifit:: More range on tilts. Just give her those cheap action lines that artificially extend the range of Mario, Captain Falcon and especially Yoshi and she'll be golden.
Definitely agree that she needs more range/better hitboxes.

_gold_

Smash Master
:4wario2: deserves a better aerial game. Also, I wish they kept his f-smash & u-smash from Brawl.
:4drmario: All he needs is a stalling cape for recovery, that's it.
So true. I still sometimes use it out of habit. Other than that, he's a beast!

Last edited:

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
:4falcon: Less landing lag on the knee
:4falco: Being able to auto-cancel his lasers and give him his old dair back

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
Improve Bowser's Tough Guy armor, basically allowing him to always have a certain amount of armor so certain moves, namely Sheik's needles, don't make him flinch. Also reduce the startup and endlag of dair and increase shield pushback on it, to give Bowser a reliable and safe way to land. Finally, armor on FSmash would be fun

Top Bottom