• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Ok got you and finished what I needed to be done. You wanna host or should I?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well played dood! Your ground game is great and if it weren't for a habit of your using dair I wouldn't have nearly won as many games. Your neutral game > mine but work on exploiting and punishing. Also use your momentum when you get a bit and try and run with it every now and then. Resetting to neutral so much gives me just as much a shot at coming back and winning due to rage mechanics! So keep me pressured. I believe you were appreciating the ledge game as the games went on. That's an important area for closing games. So keep it up, you are very solid

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well played dood! Your ground game is great and if it weren't for a habit of your using dair I wouldn't have nearly won as many games. Your neutral game > mine but work on exploiting and punishing. Also use your m
Shoot you was winning the later half of the matches soundly and I'm a defensive player in general but my punishes were off since I haven't played the game or Lucina in a couple of days as I normally play Falco, Marth, Robin or Bowser and my Lucina has been a little sloppy. Also I rarely use dair and some of the those dancing blade into up b's were input errors.

Also why you went Palutena lol? And use my M?

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
It may not have been a lot of dairs, but the on stage down airs that did come out cost you an awful lot.

I use Palu in case of dittos or bad MUs but after the second game with her I felt I should just continue learning the mu instead of using her as a scapegoat haha.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
It may not have been a lot of dairs, but the on stage down airs that did come out cost you an awful lot.

I use Palu in case of dittos or bad MUs but after the second game with her I felt I should just continue learning the mu instead of using her as a scapegoat haha.
That's me as well. I know how to use Palutena as well but mostly in a pokey style but she's not a serious character for me. And resetting for neutral constantly I agree that gets me in trouble alot as I'm normally waiting for a response to punish and my edgeguarding is sloppy right now due to the ledge mechanics and I have been neglecting it alot mainly because my main comp is against Villager in my area and you know how that goes LMAO.

EDIT: GG's though very fun games.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
That's so freaking cute.

You just reminded me that I should do that D:

I'm really starting to use Robin competitively. I'm having way to much fun. But winning with the character is still difficult against high tiers. I'll have to find a way to deal with those match-ups.

:227:
Dude Robin is another one of my characters i use seriously. He/she so fun but yeah they get mauled by those top tiers. I had to play M2K at a regional a few weeks ago and it wasn't fun using Robin/Falco in that MU :( . On top of that I was in his pool.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Dude Robin is another one of my characters i use seriously. He/she so fun but yeah they get mauled by those top tiers. I had to play M2K at a regional a few weeks ago and it wasn't fun using Robin/Falco in that MU :( . On top of that I was in his pool.
I understand what you mean.

As an observation of mine regarding character viability, while in tournaments I have performed better, or won, with top/high tiers I find myself always more stressed out and my mindset very different from when I play with Robin/Marcina. If I play the latter, my mindset isn't to win but to learn and have fun which let's me perform better, while if I use the former I come in thinking that I should have no problem climbing the bracket and when I find myself in a tough situation my mind crumbles making me lose the set.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Morning guys, how is everyone?

I'm good! I got my grades back for an ethics essay I wrote and got an A!

I also was playing Jigglypuff and Lucina really well at a Round Robin we had at this week's weekly. Just gotta work on improving my spacing with both a lot more.

Also, about Robin: I love them so much but I just can't play them more than casually. No matter how much I practice with them, I hardly improve. That's fine though cause I'm happy with only playing Jiggs and Lucina until Lucas comes out.

EDIT: I also forgot about replies. Oops.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm good! I got my grades back for an ethics essay I wrote and got an A!

I also was playing Jigglypuff and Lucina really well at a Round Robin we had at this week's weekly. Just gotta work on improving my spacing with both a lot more.

Also, about Robin: I love them so much but I just can't play them more than casually. No matter how much I practice with them, I hardly improve. That's fine though cause I'm happy with only playing Jiggs and Lucina until Lucas comes out.

EDIT: I also forgot about replies. Oops.
Oh, I need practice against Jigglypuff actually. That match-up is so bizarre and fun. How did it go at your tournament?

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Oh, I need practice against Jigglypuff actually. That match-up is so bizarre and fun. How did it go at your tournament?

I'd be up for some Lucina/Jiggs games at some point. I don't really know how to fight Marcina to be honest. Results haven't been posted so I don't know exactly how well but I won 2 of my sets (2-1 and 2-0) and won some matches in other sets. I'm still not amazing or anything and sadly none got recorded, but I was happy that I even got some wins in.

I even beat a Shiek as Lucina and usually that's like my worst matchup.

EDIT: Found the results! 12th out of 19 which is easily the best I've done at one of these. I'm improving!

Last edited:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ Locuan Locuan

Doing alright, I haven't had much time lately to play smash, but everything else is looking up. Just, very, very, tired at the moment from so much college work :tired:.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Locuan Locuan

Doing alright, I haven't had much time lately to play smash, but everything else is looking up. Just, very, very, tired at the moment from so much college work :tired:.
That's fine. College takes priority. However, do get some rest! I never skipped sleeping in college. If there was something I had not studied before 12AM I would leave it and go to sleep and try to catch up on it later. It's best to be attentive and with full concentration than tired and with a loss of concentration in classes/tests.

In my case, I only started playing Smash Competitively once more in my last year of my undergrad degree since I only had like 2 or 3 very simple classes.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
@ TheWerdna TheWerdna

So I imagine you have at least three major scenes. Plus whatever else you can think of.
One with the entire family. Lucina, Robin, Sumia, Chrom, Cynthia, Marc, Morgan, little Lucina, little Cynthia, Little Morgan, and Little Marc.
One with the immediate family. Lucina, Robin and the older children.
And one with the couple :D

Since it is a 5 year fast forward, you could talk about how much things have changed in the world, but how little has changed for the family. I imagine Robin and Lucina will also not be very embarrassed by any teasing remarks, but wear it more with pride. Perhaps they might even mention what plans they have for the future.

@ Robertman2 Robertman2 If you ever find something new, then feel free to show it. I've seen most of the shipping pictures myself, but there always is a couple that pop up while I am not looking.
So, I just went back and wrote the first scene of the upcoming chapter, and I am so proud of it. So I think I will leave it here as an teaser

Lucina murmured contently, her eyelids fluttering the embrace of sleep. She basked in the warmth of the morning sun that shone upon her and Robin’s shared bed. A cool spring breeze drifted in through the same open window as the golden rays of light, carrying with it the scent of blooming flowers and fresh green leaves. Birds chirped their sweet music. Everything was perfect, another peaceful morning amongst the countless she’d been blessed with since returning to this timeline.

Pulling her covers around her tighter, she rolled back over to her side, dozing back off into a pleasant sleep that-

“Happy birthday Mommy!” The shrill cries of laughter shattered the still, awaking Lucina as sure as a bucket of icy water would. The bed began the shake and rattle, bouncing her up and down like a storm-tossed sea.

Clinging to the bedpost before she could be thrown free, Lucina scrambled around, searching for the two demons responsible for the sudden end of her rest.

“Happy birthday! Happy birthday! Happy birthday!” screeched the two small children doing their damndest to throw her off of the bed, leaping up and down on the bed with increasing fervor.

“Morgan! Marc! Stop jumping on the bed this instant!”

“Awwwww,” complained the twins, their bouncing slowly ceasing. “Fun burg-lar,” Morgan added, crossing her arms with a humph.

A smile spread across Lucina’s lips as she finally let go of her handhold. Dealing with Morgan’s and Marc’s older selves certainly hadn’t prepared her for the beings of chaos and untold destruction who were their three year old, soon to be four in a month, counterparts.

Last edited:

Reckless4Christ

Smash Ace
So I've been maining Lucina for a while now and I should be attending my first Sm4sh tourneys in a month or two. But while I'm here, I have a question: as far as dealing with speed characters, I don't know how to play defensively well. I typically use mostly nairs and and some DBs to get some space, and fsmashes on straightforward approaches, but is there any better way to deal with characters that can just get in and do their thing and get right back out?

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ Locuan Locuan Thanks for the advice but don't worry, I am still getting about 7-8 hours of sleep. Just a busy week with 3 midterms and two papers. (One on insomnia ironically enough). I did well on all of them, but it was exhausting nonetheless.

@ TheWerdna TheWerdna Looking forward to it. I'll be one of the first to read it.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Locuan Locuan Thanks for the advice but don't worry, I am still getting about 7-8 hours of sleep. Just a busy week with 3 midterms and two papers. (One on insomnia ironically enough). I did well on all of them, but it was exhausting nonetheless.
Awesome! Although I should really take my own advice because now that I work I don't want to sleep for some reason getting less than 6 hours constantly. Anyways, good luck with your schoolwork! May I ask what degree you are currently pursuing?

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Awesome! Although I should really take my own advice because now that I work I don't want to sleep for some reason getting less than 6 hours constantly. Anyways, good luck with your schoolwork! May I ask what degree you are currently pursuing?

I'm going for the exciting career of accounting and will probably minor in computers. I've always been good with numbers and at least this way I can work with real numbers. Also helps that I have a good degree of patience. Still an undergrad right now, so I still have a ways to go to get my bachelors, but so far things are going very well.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I'm going for the exciting career of accounting and will probably minor in computers. I've always been good with numbers and at least this way I can work with real numbers. Also helps that I have a good degree of patience. Still an undergrad right now, so I still have a ways to go to get my bachelors, but so far things are going very well.
Numbers are awesome. I have a degree in Physics myself so I also really love mathematics! And I'm in the IT business field now so I also work with computers a lot. Particularly programming.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
Numbers are awesome. I have a degree in Physics myself so I also really love mathematics! And I'm in the IT business field now so I also work with computers a lot. Particularly programming.
Cool! Programming was another one of my interests, but I have a bad habit of mistyping a few words when I am focused on something and that would drive me insane while in the middle of a program. So my hat is off to you.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord

*programmer high five*

I am currently an Computer Science major.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
If Lucina gets buffed in the patch, that means her Amiibo is coming out this month, her figma is coming out this month, her birthday is this month, and she got buffed this month.

The month of Lucina

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
I think that Robin and Lucina are getting accustomed to the new update.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Morning guys, how is everyone?

Mmm doing all right, about finished with my military work for the month so I can finally kick back and start ordering parts for my new computer and play some smash again. Really wanting to make plans and do a tournament on the 25th as well. Esp with hoo hah being crippled

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Double Post
So, I just went back and wrote the first scene of the upcoming chapter, and I am so proud of it. So I think I will leave it here as an teaser

Lucina murmured contently, her eyelids fluttering the embrace of sleep. She basked in the warmth of the morning sun that shone upon her and Robin’s shared bed. A cool spring breeze drifted in through the same open window as the golden rays of light, carrying with it the scent of blooming flowers and fresh green leaves. Birds chirped their sweet music. Everything was perfect, another peaceful morning amongst the countless she’d been blessed with since returning to this timeline.

Pulling her covers around her tighter, she rolled back over to her side, dozing back off into a pleasant sleep that-

“Happy birthday Mommy!” The shrill cries of laughter shattered the still, awaking Lucina as sure as a bucket of icy water would. The bed began the shake and rattle, bouncing her up and down like a storm-tossed sea.

Clinging to the bedpost before she could be thrown free, Lucina scrambled around, searching for the two demons responsible for the sudden end of her rest.

“Happy birthday! Happy birthday! Happy birthday!” screeched the two small children doing their damndest to throw her off of the bed, leaping up and down on the bed with increasing fervor.

“Morgan! Marc! Stop jumping on the bed this instant!”

“Awwwww,” complained the twins, their bouncing slowly ceasing. “Fun burg-lar,” Morgan added, crossing her arms with a humph.

A smile spread across Lucina’s lips as she finally let go of her handhold. Dealing with Morgan’s and Marc’s older selves certainly hadn’t prepared her for the beings of chaos and untold destruction who were their three year old, soon to be four in a month, counterparts.
Can I beta again?

I think that Robin and Lucina are getting accustomed to the new update.
Love how he's using the book to block anyone from seeing. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Mmm doing all right, about finished with my military work for the month so I can finally kick back and start ordering parts for my new computer and play some smash again. Really wanting to make plans and do a tournament on the 25th as well. Esp with hoo hah being crippled
Nice, how is tournament practice going?

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
So from what it seems, Lucina got a small buff to her shield breaker and most of the characters above in tier ranking got nerfed a little. I don't know if you could say if that makes Lucina more competitive as of yet, but from everything I've seen it looks like she has a higher chance of holding her own in the top ten. The top five seeming to be the only ones where the scales are heavily tipped out of her favor. Also, diddy kong has been dethroned!

I really like the adjustments all around because it did seem to bring a lot more balance, but then again my main and second didn't succumb to being nerfed. What does everyone else think?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Can't it be both? :p
It is.
The first social thread was 90% shipping though.
So from what it seems, Lucina got a small buff to her shield breaker and most of the characters above in tier ranking got nerfed a little. I don't know if you could say if that makes Lucina more competitive as of yet, but from everything I've seen it looks like she has a higher chance of holding her own in the top ten. The top five seeming to be the only ones where the scales are heavily tipped out of her favor. Also, diddy kong has been dethroned!

I really like the adjustments all around because it did seem to bring a lot more balance, but then again my main and second didn't succumb to being nerfed. What does everyone else think?
I'm glad :4greninja: got nerfed again

Last edited:

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
Personally, I think the damage buffs were pretty helpful, but she really deserved to have gotten more. A lot of her moves require a decent amount of commitment considering the low reward. Also a bit salty that apparently Marth got a Dancing Blade buff, but not Lucina. But what can ya do.

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
Personally, I think the damage buffs were pretty helpful, but she really deserved to have gotten more. A lot of her moves require a decent amount of commitment considering the low reward. Also a bit salty that apparently Marth got a Dancing Blade buff, but not Lucina. But what can ya do.
A lot of people are saying that is just a placebo effect.

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
I see. I wish Nintendo would just give us actual patch notes so we don't need to go on scavenger hunts for changes.

SSJHero

Smash Rookie
NNID
Heroine
I see. I wish Nintendo would just give us actual patch notes so we don't need to go on scavenger hunts for changes.
But that would make them seem like they are catering to the competitive crowd, which is apparent a no-no.

Top Bottom