• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Just managed to secure a Robin Amiibo preorder. My Lucina figma is going to have a tiny husband now I guess.

All I need now is Marth and I'll be free from this amiibo hell
Tiny wooden husband!
The alternative take of this is such....

The one thing I am not sure of is how 20 year old Morgan should act. I am thinking she will still be, well, crazy and bombastic, but am not sure if she should be a bit more matured (maybe closer to F!Robin's antics, or rather somewhere between) or just as Morgany as always.
Morgany

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Id be down for some "Beat me up Loucan Senpai" sessions myself, schedule permitting.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Id be down for some "Beat me up Loucan Senpai" sessions myself, schedule permitting.
First lesson, it's Locuan not Loucan lol. Secondly, let me know when you'd like to play. During the weekdays I'm available at night time CST.

:227:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ooo, it'd probably help to double check a post every now and then. But thanks to the correction I think I'm pronouncing right it in my head now. And awesome~ evenings are my best time as well. I'll give a post when I'm able to play.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ooo, it'd probably help to double check a post every now and then. But thanks to the correction I think I'm pronouncing right it in my head now. And awesome~ evenings are my best time as well. I'll give a post when I'm able to play.
Don't worry about it ^_^ most people write/pronounce it as Loucan as well. It happened at Aftershock and even then people started calling me Toucan for simplicity's sake; ZeRo included lol.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
About to finish up from the evening job and all. Have we any up and rising Lucina/Marth players that I should be viewing videos from?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Awesome, will give that a look after the sparring session if you're still up for it.
Nnid is iTasya

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Awesome, will give that a look after the sparring session if you're still up for it.
Nnid is iTasya
Waiting on some food to have dinner etc. so after that I'll contact you again and see if you are still around to get some matches in :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
kk on the way

Edit: GGs Locuan was lots of fun. I could say maybe I was getting burned out near the end but in reality I was just getting finished being downloaded heh. Also gotta say you're a much better player than I when it comes to handling different situations. I may love neutrals and a neutral game, but when it comes to CPs and mixups I'm a bit of a sitting duck.

I did notice that the games where we weren't walking while we could hold a momentum better, we could both lose it really fast due to dashing into smashes/tilts. Shaya wouldn't be too happy with either of us forgetting those 2 to 3 games haha.

We should play again sometime :'] I feel we may have learned from each other during those.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Good games @ Saki- Saki- ! You definitely have better reaction time than I do. As we played I started noticing a few things though. You where waiting for me to attack and you punished. That was like that I'd say for the first 25-30 min. By that point, I had conditioned you to me throwing attacks most of the time. At the end I started feigning attacks and dash grabbing more and I was able to take the advantage that way. Other than that, your side-b, up-b strings/combos where really good and had me going crazy lol. I could learn a lot from your play definitely. Noticed anything from my play that you where able to punish or that I can improve?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Good games @ Saki- Saki- ! You definitely have better reaction time than I do. As we played I started noticing a few things though. You where waiting for me to attack and you punished. That was like that I'd say for the first 25-30 min. By that point, I had conditioned you to me throwing attacks most of the time. At the end I started feigning attacks and dash grabbing more and I was able to take the advantage that way. Other than that, your side-b, up-b strings/combos where really good and had me going crazy lol. I could learn a lot from your play definitely. Noticed anything from my play that you where able to punish or that I can improve?

Yeah you were adapting really well, I lost my favorite tool of tomahawks after just a game or two. As far as punishing. When you had the lead I felt as if walking gave me pretty much a guaranteed punish due to you throwing out what felt like a reactive ftilt when approaching. But near those last games I couldn't do that anymore. I think you play a really good defensive game but maybe due to focusing so hard on that you're a bit hesitant on pressuring. I felt we both could utilize grabs a bit more.

Most whiffed move was def Shield Breaker, I'd look into limiting that a lot more. Your ground game >>>>>> Mine, and you didn't waste time like I did fishing for Uair to utilt which made your 0-50% game a lot better than mine. Did you notice how useful dtilt traps were during those games? I think we could both utilize that more over so many ftilts and jabs. It just feels a whole lot safer.

Your offstage game was really good too, fast fall fair was great. Now if only you could trap on the ledge then you'd be a monster when you get your opponents off stage. We should look into making that more effective to our gameplay as well. We were kinda letting each other up too easily. We had the idea but not the correct answer if you're getting what I mean.

MMMMMMMM I can't think of anything else, but next time we play I'll save all the matches. I forget this system gives us that option haha

Last edited:

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
I wish. It was Robin turning into Grima and Lucina picking her husband over everyone else.
Yep, just a silly little thing. Personally, my favorite was Morgan suffering from dysentery, but there was no love for Oregon trail in the comments. Otherwise, it was basically nonesense XD I do have a separate story in the works for Robin that will be a total of 5-6kish words, but havn't had time to work on it between college and my other story.

@ DrCactus DrCactus

Ha no kidding, even if I had insider information about the amiibo it wouldn't matter because they sell out so damn fast.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yep, just a silly little thing. Personally, my favorite was Morgan suffering from dysentery, but there was no love for Oregon trail in the comments. Otherwise, it was basically nonesense XD I do have a separate story in the works for Robin that will be a total of 5-6kish words, but havn't had time to work on it between college and my other story.

@ DrCactus DrCactus

Ha no kidding, even if I had insider information about the amiibo it wouldn't matter because they sell out so damn fast.
You need arp do a serious version of that story at some point.

Gokart48

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gokart48
@ Robertman2 Robertman2 Haha sorry, I might add on to it next April fools, but otherwise I think I would rather put that energy into other ideas. It is a little too depressing and drama laced for my tastes to make into a real thing. Besides, I think the two were just a tad bit out of character :upsidedown:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
@ Robertman2 Robertman2 Haha sorry, I might add on to it next April fools, but otherwise I think I would rather put that energy into other ideas. It is a little too depressing and drama laced for my tastes to make into a real thing. Besides, I think the two were just a tad bit out of character :upsidedown:
Still, it would be so cool to see.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Locuan Locuan you free tomorrow? I'd like to play with you. Also you said that you don't know many match ups and I use almost everyone. Also I'm a lucina main again yay. Have you started liking crescent slash yet? I think it's optimal now tbh. I see it having many more pros than cons. I use 1123

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
@ Macchiato Macchiato

This. Set was 3123 ^_^ Also, I won't be free tomorrow sadly. Lots of stuff, tomorrow I was invited to board game day or something like that early and during the night I'll be at a Smashfest. We can definitely play on Sunday though.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Give em hell Toucan.

Also spent my evening finishing the Future Past DLC for Awakening. Glad I held off, I needed a good bit of new story to make me wanna play the game through a 5th/6th time while I wait on If.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Been having a small break from Smash this weekend and got my usual weekly on Monday but after that I'll probably spend the rest of the week messing around in training mode to work on my fundamentals.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If any Lucinas/various are down for friendlies I wouldn't mind playing you all. : ) work and military may be preventing me from tournaments but id like to stay in tip top shape for my autumn return

Smash Ace
NNID
Marki243
3DS FC
4527-8978-8771
Hmm, so this is the Lucina social board...Well introductions are due so let me begin.
Hello, I'm Ace Number 9029, or 9029 for short. I main Robin, and play other characters such as Fabulous Falcon, Marth&Lucina, Link, and Ganon. Nice to meet you.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I be down to play you tomorrow. I'm busy tonight with school work.
Sounds good, I'll be around tonight after work : D

Hmm, so this is the Lucina social board...Well introductions are due so let me begin.
Hello, I'm Ace Number 9029, or 9029 for short. I main Robin, and play other characters such as Fabulous Falcon, Marth&Lucina, Link, and Ganon. Nice to meet you.
Welcome! We're a bit slower than at Launch but I feel we're nice amicable people. Feel free to explore Smashboards in its entirety and make yourself feel at home.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Depending on how tired I am when I get home (as I'm on a train right now), would anyone maybe be up for some games in about 4 hours or so's time?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Sooooo glad my mom got the 6-pack at gamestop for me. Of all the Wave 4 amiibo, I wanted Lucy and Greninja the most, and right now I'm happy to have gotten the former (I still don't have Greninja, sadly), she and Robin sure seemed to have sold out fast compared to the rest and they don't even seem to last a whole hour.

On another note, I used to play this character a lot as my 3rd main back on 3DS, but kinda dropped her after Wii U since I began to have too much fun playing :4megaman: and kinda lost hope for her competitive future. But after messing around with her custom moves (especially Crescent Slash and Iai Counter), its been fun and I suddenly feel tempted to give Lucina another go-round. But with :4mewtwo: coming in 3 days, I'm not sure I wanna do it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
All right sounds good! I'll stuff my face real quick and getto you. NNID is iTasya

Top Bottom