• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I caved and bought a Japanese import Robin for $30 off eBay. Lucina was $33 but I don't really have enough to buy both atm.
I really want Marth but he keeps getting sold out at 3am. *gives Walmart the Luigi death stare*

DrCactus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCactus
3DS FC
5026-4425-0383
$30 for an import doesn't seem that bad considering the shipping costs, and how much I've seen them go for on other sites.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I can buy and ship Yoshis if you want then ;)
(God this amiibo re-selling thing is addictive)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I just wish I could get the new wave. I have every single one in the previous waves. However, for the new one I was busy with work and completely forgot the pre-orders. That, and they where sold out within a couple of hours anyways. T_T

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Eh, not sure. Depends on the Shipping fees, but the amiibo itself is about 20 (a bit pricey because importation and stuff).

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Let me look for shipping options and I'll contact you back, ok? c:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Well Nintendo has said that they are finally going to be releasing more waves of all the amiibos, just no indication on when that will be XP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Nintendo has said that they are finally going to be releasing more waves of all the amiibos, just no indication on when that will be XP
Pretty typical of Nintendo to be unspecific about everything. :p

Also I won a Marth amiibo off eBay last Friday and it came two days ago :DD I still need dat Lucina.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

That's awesome. Marth is not easy to find at all. Mine came in terrible condition for collecting :(
That was my first [and probably my last] auction. I literally bid the last 7 seconds. It was almost 3 times the amount of MSRP but it was so worth it. Sorry yours was in bad condition though! D:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
That was my first [and probably my last] auction. I literally bid the last 7 seconds. It was almost 3 times the amount of MSRP but it was so worth it. Sorry yours was in bad condition though! D:
That's the trick to eBay. Bid on the last seconds. I've still yet to win a Majora's mask auction as I'm usually outbid.
Local stores still got plenty of them in here. Germany doesn't like Marth.
I actually bought it from Amazon Germany, but they (Amazon Europe it seems) package things so terribly. From that I learned that it is probably better to go directly to the local store portal, but usually they do not ship to the United States.

D

Deleted member

So that's why I see a lot of German Marths on eBay...

edit: My Marth was from Maryland (two states away from me), and eBay said the ETA was June 2. It came a week early so that was a lovely surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Huh, I've ordered a few amiibo from Amazon UK and they've arrived in perfect condition. I've never tried Germany, though, so I can't speak for them.
Maybe they are separate entities then (by country)? I've read a few threads on the amiibo sub-reddit were people ordering from different parts of Amazon Europe have received their amiibos in bad condition. The box where mine came in was opened, broken in various areas, and crumpled.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Maybe they are separate entities then (by country)? I've read a few threads on the amiibo sub-reddit were people ordering from different parts of Amazon Europe have received their amiibos in bad condition. The box where mine came in was opened, broken in various areas, and crumpled.
Ouch, that hurts.
Are they ordering from Amazon themselves, or from some of the sellers that just have their products listed on Amazon? I always make sure I'm ordering from Amazon themselves, and I've never had any trouble with damaged packaging.
If that's not it, then it's probably as you said (them being separate entities by country).

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ouch, that hurts.
Are they ordering from Amazon themselves, or from some of the sellers that just have their products listed on Amazon? I always make sure I'm ordering from Amazon themselves, and I've never had any trouble with damaged packaging.
If that's not it, then it's probably as you said (them being separate entities by country).
I can tell you that at least I ordered from Amazon themselves not from sellers listed there.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I can tell you that at least I ordered from Amazon themselves not from sellers listed there.
Could have shipped you mine, it's in perfect condition. ;)
As far as I know Amazon is Amazon for EU, but packaging can surely vary. Never had problems.

D

Deleted member

Seriously!? NO Robin, Lucina, or Charizard?? Not even 1? And only 1 Ness even though he's Gamestop exclusive?
smh no comment

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
At least they had a Ness and Pac-Man to sell. The Gamestop around here had none of any for general sale (only enough to satisfy pre-orders), and the local toy store had three each of Wario and Charizard (i.e. the ones no-one wanted - there's still one of each there now).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I got rare ones already. I'll get this wave at my own pace. Except for the Splatoon ones

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was planning on going to GameStop tomorrow to (attempt) to get Lucina but it looks like that won't be happening...
Which sucks because I asked GameStop and they said they'd have her. Le sigh.

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Seriously!? NO Robin, Lucina, or Charizard?? Not even 1? And only 1 Ness even though he's Gamestop exclusive?
smh no comment
Amazon is going to be also doing preorders for Lucina and Robin among others tomorrow.

Pac-Man: 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. PT
Charizard: 2:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy: 3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT
Lucina:3:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. PT
Wario: 4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. PT
Inkling Girl: 4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. PT
Silver Mario: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. PT
Robin: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. PT
Inkling Boy, Girl, and Squid 3-pack: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. PT

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm glad that Amazon has times for when they are putting up their amiibos. I might be out of the house around the time Lucina goes live but luckily I can have my boyfriend get her for me if I am. I sure hope he doesn't miss out.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Even though I don't really play the game anymore, I still want those damn amiibos. I hope I'll get a ZSS one... even if it looks kinda dumb. :/

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
My friends are going amiibo hunting and one of them said they'll get a Lucina and Meta Knight for me if they come across one.

Fingers crossed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'll be getting my Lucina Amiibo on June 12th per my store. 2 weeks of waiting...:sadsheep:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Gaaaaahhh, I had one in my cart but then when I went to hit buy now I got an out of stock message. In less then 10 second!

D

Deleted member

She sold out in less than 30 seconds! And you know what? I even had an auto refresh on Chrome and I kept my eyes glued to the page and I never saw it up come up. The page froze for about 30 seconds and that was probably the time she sold out.
I bet there were only like 10 Lucina's available.

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon
They sold out? I was refreshing the page constantly and I wasn't even aware...

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
I should have just bought it when it was $30 earlier today. Now they are all $60 bucks. ****ing scalpers.

So, I caved and bought an Japanese import for Lucina, since I am terrifed this will be one of the unpopular ones that is never rereleased.

Last edited:
Top Bottom