• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLUDD!

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
While most of this has been said before, I really like the suction effect you added. Hopefully Sakurai cuts FLUDD for this or something like it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Seeing as FLUDD is back, it should be obvious this won't happen... unless Sakurai changes his mind.

They may still buff FLUDD by having more push power, more range and last a little while spraying water.

FLUDD could actually be convenient to counter the foes' recoveries by pushing them without damaging them, which means they can't reuse the recovery move. While in theory, this seems good, in practice, it's actually hard to pull it off. That's why FLUDD needs a buff.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That would be really cool. But chances are we're getting an improved version of FLUDD. Which I'd be OK with, if it did damage.

PhlipDarkRiot

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhlipDarkRiot
I would love to see this attack. I always thought it would be his nair because it has a simple mechanic and it's more useful in the air with the slight boost upward. And the FLUDD/tornado of course.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would love to see this attack. I always thought it would be his nair because it has a simple mechanic and it's more useful in the air with the slight boost upward. And the FLUDD/tornado of course.

Using it as his Neutral-air would be interesting to say the least. Though I think that if it boosts him up, that it would be a better fit for Up-air attack instead. Still a good idea nonetheless though.

PhlipDarkRiot

Smash Rookie
NNID
PhlipDarkRiot
Using it as his Neutral-air would be interesting to say the least. Though I think that if it boosts him up, that it would be a better fit for Up-air attack instead. Still a good idea nonetheless though.
Yeah, come to think of it, since it rises up and would have a big hitbox it would probably make his current Up-air useless but his Neutral-air lingers so it would still have a niche.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I used F.L.U.D.D. all the time in Brawl. Mindgames with it are hilarious. Glad to see it back.

Nonetheless, I think it'd be awesome if they made it have more uses akin to the nozzle/mode variations of it in Super Mario Sunshine. It'd also give him an even more unique moveset. Like, for example, charge it up normally like in Brawl, and then have it combine with/replace his other specials temporarily until the charge runs out. Click the bold to see pics.

Down B: Charge/immediately release for a short water spurt that does damage like Squirtle's.

Fully Charged Grounded Down B: Squirt Nozzle. Same as usual/Brawl version, with slightly higher knockback/duration.
Fully Charged Aerial Down B: Hover Nozzle. Exactly what it says on the tin - makes Mario hover in place for a short time. Think Jigglypuff's Pound.
Fully Charged Up B: Rocket Nozzle. Shoots Mario upward about 1.5x as much as his standard Up B does. If sweetspotted, does a powerful spike.
Fully Charged Side B: Turbo Nozzle. Takes a bit to charge, similar to many other characters. Mario blasts forward knocking anyone in his way skyward. Iffy on it having a lot of knockback/KO power, as it would make sense but might seem a bit overpowered. I originally imagined it just making people trip unless you hit them as you're just taking off. Obviously can double as a recovery move, which pretty much all of them can lol.
Fully Charged Neutral B: Spin Attack/Jump. Best vid I could find of it on such short notice. Mario spins in place, shooting water with low knockback in every direction. Slows his descent if used while jumping, and doubles as his Spin ability from Super Mario Galaxy.

Honestly doubt we'll see any of this, but I had the idea since pre-Brawl days. Would be cool if they could at least implement in the Hover Nozzle while airborne.

BSP

Smash Legend
Those are great ideas, but I still don't see the need for Squirt or Hover Nozzle having to charge.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
It could be a placeholder (see Brawl Trailer: Kirby's aerial Side B), so it may still be changed.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for, yes.

Of course, FLUDD could be usefull as a down special if it was improved upon, but I like my idea better. (also, FLUDD would make a neat item)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I figured it would make sense, given that the game the move originates from doesn't allow you to use either without having something to work with.

Balance-wise, it'd also be dumb if you could do a full blast without having to charge. Like the more you have charged, the farther you go/shoot.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I used F.L.U.D.D. all the time in Brawl. Mindgames with it are hilarious. Glad to see it back.

Nonetheless, I think it'd be awesome if they made it have more uses akin to the nozzle/mode variations of it in Super Mario Sunshine. It'd also give him an even more unique moveset. Like, for example, charge it up normally like in Brawl, and then have it combine with/replace his other specials temporarily until the charge runs out. Click the bold to see pics.

Down B: Charge/immediately release for a short water spurt that does damage like Squirtle's.

Fully Charged Grounded Down B: Squirt Nozzle. Same as usual/Brawl version, with slightly higher knockback/duration.
Fully Charged Aerial Down B: Hover Nozzle. Exactly what it says on the tin - makes Mario hover in place for a short time. Think Jigglypuff's Pound.
Fully Charged Up B: Rocket Nozzle. Shoots Mario upward about 1.5x as much as his standard Up B does. If sweetspotted, does a powerful spike.
Fully Charged Side B: Turbo Nozzle. Takes a bit to charge, similar to many other characters. Mario blasts forward knocking anyone in his way skyward. Iffy on it having a lot of knockback/KO power, as it would make sense but might seem a bit overpowered. I originally imagined it just making people trip unless you hit them as you're just taking off. Obviously can double as a recovery move, which pretty much all of them can lol.
Fully Charged Neutral B: Spin Attack/Jump. Best vid I could find of it on such short notice. Mario spins in place, shooting water with low knockback in every direction. Slows his descent if used while jumping, and doubles as his Spin ability from Super Mario Galaxy.

Honestly doubt we'll see any of this, but I had the idea since pre-Brawl days. Would be cool if they could at least implement in the Hover Nozzle while airborne.

Wow, that would make Mario so much more interesting if he had a second set of specials if you charged the down b. I've always hated that Mario's gameplay felt a bit boring when compared to other characters.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Mario's gameplay feels boring because it never changed, with the exception of his original Down-B being changed to something less interesting (as much as I advocate FLUDD, I do prefer Mario Tornado more).

I do hope the developers and balance team spruces up Mario's gameplay.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
That's what I'm hoping for as well.

Only time will tell.

EDIT: Oh, looks like I already said that above. I forgot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If the "Galaxy Spin" was changed into Mario's new Down-B, I can see how it could work. It would be one of his K.O moves. Instead of doing a bunch of quick but weak hits, Mario does one powerful swipe that sends the opponent flying horizontally. It could give him a boost in the air as well, working as a secondary recovery.

Though I wouldn't mind it if FLUDD was simply improved upon. As I said a few times before, I just want the move to do damage but not make the enemy flinch, much like Fox's blaster. The only thing I'd really want improved is making the move take less time to charge.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I know. That was an argument for Mario keeping it. The Jack of All Trades should have a charged special. So he has a projectile, charged attack, reflector, and recovery.

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
Even though I prefer Melee over Brawl, i'm glad that they used FLUDD in Brawl because it's a unique move and can be helpful at times. Though I do agree that it needs a buff.

What if when you land on the ground mid attack it does splash damage that pops them up a little bit. Could be good for beginner combos since almost everyone and their mom will want to play Mario at some point.

Xiloh

Smash Cadet
F.L.U.D.D. would be more useful if when fully charged, was initiated midair:
recovery
and/or on ground
then it wouldn't be such a useless item.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Yeah I'd prefer if FLUDD was worked on. That gizmo has so much potential that it would be a shame to see it removed for a swipe attack. Making it a powerful air smash attack for Mario would be much better IMO!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For some reason I can't help but feel that the Galaxy Spin would be better suited as a side special rather than a down special.
I may or may not get a ton of flack for saying that depending on how much people love the cape side special....

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
For some reason I can't help but feel that the Galaxy Spin would be better suited as a side special rather than a down special.
I may or may not get a ton of flack for saying that depending on how much people love the cape side special....

Well, the Cape lost a lot of its utility from Melee => Brawl, but a reflect is always useful...
(I just wish that after using it in midair he could hold it down to start gliding. That'd be more accurate to the actual cape use in SMW and it would really help his recovery)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, the Cape lost a lot of its utility from Melee => Brawl, but a reflect is always useful...
(I just wish that after using it in midair he could hold it down to start gliding. That'd be more accurate to the actual cape use in SMW and it would really help his recovery)

Well it would still have some of the properties the cape had, such as reflecting projectiles as the Galaxy Spin could do that as well and I've noticed players using the cape in order to gain a bit of extra height (even though by a little bit) so it could take care of that. The only thing it would lack is turning his opponents around, but a good whack to smash them off the stage may be more useful than that? I don't know really... :/

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well it would still have some of the properties the cape had, such as reflecting projectiles as the Galaxy Spin could do that as well and I've noticed players using the cape in order to gain a bit of extra height (even though by a little bit) so it could take care of that. The only thing it would lack is turning his opponents around, but a good whack to smash them off the stage may be more useful than that? I don't know really... :/

Mostly it depends on how sticky the edges are in the next Smash game.

People might hate me saying for saying this, but perhaps the fireball could get slapped to the side special and then he could put this as his neutral?

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I think the fludd weapon for down special would be fine, as long as its more useful. Maybe if you could adjust the angle at which it fires, like in mario sunshine. It would make it ao much better if you could aim slightly down to help discourage verical recoveries as well.

The spin attack replacing the cape would be cool as well

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'd like to see FLUDD charge faster and have the fully charged blast last longer. It would be an interesting area-denial move then.
Maybe the player could cancel a FLUDD attack to keep their remaining charge for later.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
if fludd is used in the air, it should be a recovery move while not causing helplessness since his up special recover has always been terrible.
it should function similar to diddy kongs recovery in that it has a spike effect for anyone under the nozzles.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i would like fludd to be a partial recovery move if used in air.
you would have to press down during the initial start up of a partially or fully charged fludd. this would position the nozzle below you before the water squirts out.

the more charge you have the higher you go. this could really help out marios recovery options.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
They can at least have FLUDD shoot Death Water.

Speaking of Death Water, I hope swimming mechanics and drowning returns, I always yell Death Water when somebody falls to drowning.

Top Bottom