• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

BETA

Smash Ace
Hey, Beta, there are several S. FL tourneys going on. If you want to smash let me know, maybe not within this week since I'm tied up with hw and organizing events, but hopefully the week afterward.
Sound's good. Not next week, but the following weeks will be good. Course schedule's a bit unforgiving right now. Check your PM's BTW.

Grammar Police

Smash Rookie
September:
  • September 1st
    • MEFL - [thread=109358]iNet 2[/thread] (Kissimmee)
  • September 8th - None planed yet
  • September 15th - None planed yet (possibly Gigabits 20)
  • September 22nd - None planed yet
  • September 29th - None planed yet (possibly Gigabits 20)
WARNING! Planed is not the correct spelling!!! Planned is the correct spelling!

Creudant

Smash Rookie
Hey, im new to the forums, and i basically want to get better at SSBM, I only play as Link (Red preferably) for the time being and i think i have gone as far as i can go only fighting lvl 9 cpu's and all the people i know that play have trouble against a lvl 5.... So im looking for some skilled players to smash with and hopefully get some constructive criticism on my game.
I live in Tampa, Town and Country area.
My Wii code:
0362 0649 3806 5657

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Welcome to the boards.

This thread has pretty much all the information about Florida Smash in the universe: Smashfests (Nights where groups get together to play friendlies all night or hold a very small tournament), Real Tournaments, Smashers (with Locations), and all that stuff.

Link is a pretty hard character to play at high level, just to let you know.

;D

Creudant

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I have been looking through guides and such, and yeah i have noticed he seems to be pretty hard to play at higher levels, but im accustomed to his style, other characters feel foreign, lol. And well i would love to play him at pro level. =)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Welcome man, I main Link myself. I live in Clearwater, which isn't too far from Tampa. Hopefully we can get together and smash sometime. Anyway, welcome to the boards.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Hey, Creudant, I am adding you to my Wii. You can do the same, I am just letting you know. Send me a message when the connection is complete.

My Wii# is : 3287 4674 3731 7897

Creudant

Smash Rookie
Okay i will too lime, i hope we will be able to to play sometime.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome by the way. =)

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Ok, I see what you did wrong. In the first set of numbers you switched the 6 and 2. You should fix that in your options so not to confuse anybody.

This is what you originally had

0362 0649 3806 5657
__^^these two numbers got jumbled. Just to let you know.

I added you, now we just have to wait for the connection to complete.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
guys, cut the spam please. (btw, my home made papas fritas with special seasoning >>> any other Mexican concoction. Ask RAM, he knows what's up.)

FSU, you might want to consider using a thread of your own for setting up smash fests.

Creudant, I've added you to the Wii code list. Also, what part of tampa are you in (no idea what "town & country" means) is it near USF? There's a few of us on campus and also along Dale Mabry that smash.

Grammar Police, thanks for that. I've now fixed it. Would you like to proof read the rest of the posts to find any other typos I've made? I want the thread to look nice of course, even though I've been moving crap around lately.

Tourney Directors, just cause summer's over doesn't mean tourneys need to stop. The Calendar is so bare! >_<

Creudant

Smash Rookie
Um, well im about 10-20 minutes from FSU and Dale Mabry, I dont know if anyone knows where Memorial Highway and Hillsborough is but i live right about there.
Thanks for adding me to the wii list. =)

Top Bottom