• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Neutral/Counterpicks (updated)

Finch

Smash Lord
It's really really ******** for RC to still be a cp in brawl. It worked in melee because you could actually move through a lot of the walls and characters weren't as floaty so it was actually possible to control your footing, but so many things about the stage now are just ********. You might as well allow the scrolling mario stage.

After so many good players lost a tournament set at last stand just to this stage, I cannot believe it is still being considered for tournament play.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
We should probably just all play on Gmoney stadium and only Gmoney stadium. It's pretty balanced. My MK is better than yours, petey.
yeah but i can at least tie if i keep the infinite dimensional cape going cuz my right hand is better :laugh:. i wanna rematch in MK dittos at fast tho! ......i wish my MK had category 5 on his moveset. gmoney is too beast with his hurricane, but jeff isnt!

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
dude i WANT that avatar....im checkin for it RIGHT NOW. i think playin without the mask would beat the red meta knight costume. double cheeseburger MM it is...ima show u category 6.....

Gingerr

Smash Lord
WHERE IS MY ****IN' PICTOCHAT.
and I 100% agree with what Sly said. Pirate Ship is way better than Rainbow Cruise, regardless of hazards.
PICTOCHAT, DO IT ***GOTS.
STOP Q_QING OVER FIRE THAT DOES 1% DAMAGE.

Masky

Smash Master
Everyone knows Pictochat is the new Final Destination

its main theme music is certainly better

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I NEED Pirate Ship, mother ****.
I have awful recovery. GIVE ME SOMETHING.
At least give me Pictochat. . .

Master Raven

Smash Master
Pirate Ship is ****ing epic when it gets to the thunderstorm and it rises into the air.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Boy, I will **** you if you talk to me like that again, you don't even know.
Too bad my character poops on your character<3
Stop fanboying Gmoney.

chckn

Smash Ace
Yeah especially tilt locks under the wing and bthrow kills at such low percents with ROB that its sad. Ummmm corneria for nuetral?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Can people reasonably look into these stages...without being completely biased against them in the beginning. Keep in mind, I was one of the bashers of both of these before, but it's been brought to my attention that .... yeah, they're not as bad. I'm just asking you to actually PLAY on these stages and get back to me about it.

PokeStadium 2
Norfair.

It's just...lately, I've been trying it, and they really don't seem as bad as previously thought. Please don't argue logic here...actually try it out and see if they should indeed be banned.

After playing more on Rainbow Cruise...I don't like it. Like, I'm still not sure about banning it, but I admit, it feels a LOT gimpier than in Melee now.

Pirate ship...meh, I really like it as a stage...I think it's viable for chars like Ganon and such. like...it's just a different feel. the bombs are gay...as well as rock CGing..so yeah.

Castle Siege isn't bad. I don't understand the idea of banning it. the middle transform has walk offs, but it's just a transform...and regarding my stalling rule at FAST, I would never call somebody for stalling during that portion against a DDD or so to avoid a death grab. just saying. It's big enough to stall should you need to...and overall, it's a wonderful counterpick for certain characters and scenarios. During the transformation process, you can be grabbed and taken down with it. This is the main reason I can see for banning it, but if a player is careful, it really shouldn't cause a huge problem. : /

Halberd is meh. I don't like it, but the hazards are ridiculously easy to avoid and not particularly good...so I don't think it warrants a ban.

I haven't seen anything wrong with Brinstar...if anything, it is a GREAT counterpick against campy players. I don't see a problem with it.

PS1 ledge glitches a lot...such as Ike overBing the ledge and doing the wolf glitch to fall straight down, but be able to jump again... : / like...it's not bannable, imo, but not a neutral.

Delfino, I love.

Frigate...I think is completely viable. esp in singles. I can see crap happening in doubles, with players ending up under the stage, but yeah...I think it's fine....be reasonable and explain what's wrong with it.

Pictochat...most of the transforms have walls...and it can auto-kill big characters. I really like the stage, but I don't think it's fair. : /

Lylat should be neutral. Anybody who has a major problem with it needs to play better. I'm sorry, but that much is true. the tilting never really affects anything. the platforms are a good height. I don't understand the problem here.

chckn

Smash Ace
pokemon stadium 2 is one of the most obvious bans in the game -_-, Ive played it many times. The tredmills make playing rediculous, and the no gravity transformation imo is enough for a ban itself. Norfair is slightly more arguable and in some places is actually a CP. I still see it as a ban though. Stage hazards are a pain in the *** as well as the small fighing area.

Top Bottom