• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Gaming MELEE Results 5/30 (Shiz vs Hbox Grand Finals Recorded)

Col Bol

Smash Champion
This was a fun tourney, and also had a good turnout, so that was good. I'm not sure if they're gonna release the brackets, but if they do then I'll post them.

Doubles:

20 Teams

1. Colbol + Chops (Fox + Falco) (Did not lose a set)
2. GreenMario + XIF (Mario + Peach) (Lost 2-3 in WF to me and chops and 0-3 in GF)
3. QDVS + RockRock (Marth + Ganon) (Lost 0-2 in WB to GM+XIF and 0-3 in LF to GM+XIF)
4. DaShizWiz + Hungrybox (Fox/Falco + Jiggs) (Lost 1-2 to GM+XIF in WB and 0-2 to Rock+Q in LB)
5. Linguini + Dop (Ganon + Peach) (Lost 0-2 to me and chops in WB and 1-2 to Shiz+Hbox in LB)
5. uuaa + legion (Fox + Peach) (Lost 1-2 to Shiz+Hbox in WB, 0-2 to Rock+Q in LB)

Singles:

~40-50 entrants

1. Hungrybox (Jiggs) (Did not lose a set)
2. DaShizWiz (Falco/Fox) (Lost 1-2 to Linguini in WB and 0-3 to Hbox in GF)
3. Colbol (Fox) (Lost 2-3 to Hbox in WF and 2-3 to Shiz in LF)
4. Linguini (Ganon) (Lost 0-2 to me in WB and 1-2 to Shiz in LB*)
5. Lambchops (Falco) (Lost 0-2 to Hbox in WB and 0-2 to Shiz in LB)
5. XIF (Peach) (Lost ?-2 to Hbox in WB and 0-2 to Linguini in LB)
7. QDVS (Marth) (Lost 0-2 to me in WB and 1-2 to Shiz in LB)
7. RockCrock (Ganon) (Lost 0-2 to Linguini in WB and 1-2 to XIF in LB)
9. TheLaw (Falco) (Lost 0-2 to QDVS in both WB & LB)
9. GreenMario (Mario/Marth) (Lost 0-2 to Chops in WB and 1-2 to Rock in LB)
9. Phanna (Samus) (Lost 1-2 to Chops in WB and 0-2 to Shiz in LB)

*Linguini vs Shiz (crazy set):
WB - Linguini beats Shiz's Falco pretty soundly first round. Shiz goes Fox, wins the next round. Shiz stays Fox and loses the 3rd match, 1 stock i think.
LB - Linguini beats Shiz's Fox pretty soundly first round. Shiz goes Falco on Dreamland. Linguini is up, 2-stock high % to Shiz's 1 stock high %. Linguini gets Shiz off the edge like 2 or 3 different times but just barely messes up his edgeguards each time (misses a f-tilt, jab, reverse up-air, etc.). Shiz gets back to the stage, kills Linguini's 2nd-to-last stock, then combos his last stock to death. Shiz's Falco 3-stocks Linguini 3rd game.

Singles Grand Finals:

DaShizWiz (Falco) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs) 1
DaShizWiz (Fox) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs) 2
DaShizWiz (Fox) vs Hungrybox (Jiggs) 3

PB&J

Smash Hero
i wish it was recorded..i need to play linguini...colbol u and chops are getting so good in teams,,dont ever team with anybody else unless hes not there

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Good **** Colbol and Chops, dominating teams.

&&

GOOD **** HBOX REP PUFF ALL DAI!

Grand Finals vid will be sick. ^_^

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Are the vids going to be in this thread or is there going to be a separate thread for them

PB&J

Smash Hero
dont make it harder than it is..people just need to learn more about how to fight puff..since each state has only a few..people get ***** ..but hbox is def number 2 puff at the moment and people need to just learn other styles of fighting her ..but what do i know ..puff is just fun to fight to me...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
When is Revival of Melee 2 going to happen so that HUNGRY CAN GET SECOND ONLY LOSING TO MANGO IN A 32 MINUTE JIGGLYPUFF DITTO ON HYRULE WITH STARMAN ON HIGH
whoa

TolTic

Smash Rookie
It smelled like complete ballsweat in the venue... the guys running it had to occasionally walk around spraying air freshener.

:laugh:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
When is Revival of Melee 2 going to happen so that HUNGRY CAN GET SECOND ONLY LOSING TO MANGO IN A 32 MINUTE JIGGLYPUFF DITTO ON HYRULE WITH STARMAN ON HIGH
whoa
It's not that simple, when people fight Locally anything can happen. But when you fight a major tournament ya anything can happen too but you've got twice to x4 times more incredible opponents you have to defeat to win.

Pi

Smash Hero
To me it seemed like shiz was playing his fox too much like a falco
I didn't see very many lasers either and Idk if he didn't want to upsmash Hbox's shield & get rested or what but I noticed Hbox in killing range of Upsmash plenty and didn't see shiz go for any
There is plenty of stuff that he could have done, but theory is just theory

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya theory like that, I don't want to hear johns actually. Theory usually comes from scrubs who want to john for their favorite smashers and have no idea what actual tournament pressure is.

Have you ever gotten to the point where you defeated so many good people and then found yourself in grand finals? Imagine the pressure there. =) When I won my first tournament at a WC Canada tournament, I screamed with all my power lol.

I can still imagine the Hbox vs Darkrain at TO 4, to where, whenever Juan won.. he would sigh in relief with his head down, almost like actually praying.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Ya theory like that, I don't want to hear johns actually. Theory usually comes from scrubs who want to john for their favorite smashers and have no idea what actual tournament pressure is.

Have you ever gotten to the point where you defeated so many good people and then found yourself in grand finals? Imagine the pressure there. =) When I won my first tournament at a WC Canada tournament, I screamed with all my power lol.

I can still imagine the Hbox vs Darkrain at TO 4, to where, whenever Juan won.. he would sigh in relief with his head down, almost like actually praying.
lol to4 yeah...

Pi

Smash Hero
I'm not sure how to take your post kage, if it was directed at me at all.

But just to clarify, I wasn't trying to make any johns, just throwing out some ideas
I recognize fully that if you weren't actually playing the match you have no room to speak on behalf of shiz
I fall into that category, I was just throwing out some ideas
I'm also not trying to downplay Hbox's victory, I watched the matches live and a few times on youtube and was very impressed at his gameplay, especially liked the jab resets.

Also, phanna lost 0-2 to shiz in LB
Matches were very interesting to watch
I still have much to learn!

Top Bottom