• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yea I did. I actually originally sent the action to protect Riddick, but then I realized something: since I'm exposed me dying clears NOBODY. Having protected Riddick and me having died as a result wouldn't have done anything aside from keep Riddick around. If I die toNight, or if I died last Night, nobody is clear, cuz I can very well just be targeted, which would show as the exact same thing upon a flip...

Unless it doesn't.

I'll ask the mod what's up with that n check back in with the thread. If anything I'll pro bodyguard toNight.

#HBC | Gorf

Kary still town, Nabe still town. Kary, I know you know I'm town. Nabe, if you don't, wise the **** up. Us three have to determine who out of Gheb and fromar are the last scum. The scum of em will try n **** with our heads. Stay strong, for we shall reign victorious if we use our wit and our moxy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Yea I did. I actually originally sent the action to protect Rid****, but then I realized something: since I'm exposed me dying clears NOBODY. Having protected Rid**** and me having died as a result wouldn't have done anything aside from keep Rid**** around. If I die toNight, or if I died last Night, nobody is clear, cuz I can very well just be targeted, which would show as the exact same thing upon a flip...

Unless it doesn't.

I'll ask the mod what's up with that n check back in with the thread. If anything I'll pro bodyguard toNight.
No offence dude but your flip is probably better because it puts people who wanted you dead in the spotlight.

#HBC | Nabe

^Gorf reminds me that I also wanted to introduce wine to keep the recently-claimed Bodyguard from getting shot.

And I should make clear that nothing I said in Twilight about Gorfscum was legit. If anything I think he's a townlean. But I do regret not leaving the claim a little longer to see if he pursued me further, since as scum I don't think that would be a reasonable lynchplay if he had any hunch I was really a doctor.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
^Gorf reminds me that I also wanted to introduce wine to keep the recently-claimed Bodyguard from getting shot.

And I should make clear that nothing I said in Twilight about Gorfscum was legit. If anything I think he's a townlean. But I do regret not leaving the claim a little longer to see if he pursued me further, since as scum I don't think that would be a reasonable lynchplay if he had any hunch I was really a doctor.
flipped masons anyone?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I just have this feeling that, at this point in the game, it's painfully obvious to anyone that there is no doctor. So i'm not sure exactly what pretending to be one actually achieves, or how you could use that pretense as the basis for a read on someone.

#HBC | Nabe

So there is obviously no doctor, because masons? Or, because Soup would have been protected by a doctor? (I don't agree with that.) And in either of those arguments, is there also no bodyguard by extension?

@ "painfully obvious":
im REALLY confident that jakestan was a power role
not to mention Fro and PJB and dabuz all discussing lynching Gorf first on the claim conflict, which seems to suggest quite a lot of belief in the possibility of a doctor

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
You seem to be skipping over how those people ALREADY wanted to lynch Gorf before you.

And you also seem to be pretending that bodyguard and doctor are the same role and have been talked about in the same way.

And I'm still sitting here wondering when you're going to stop messing about and actually do something, anything, to help the town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I really feel as though this interaction could be a window through which I actually get a better understanding of your slot and your motives.

Except it turns out you're so full of **** it's impossible to see anything.

#HBC | Nabe

Wow, okay. Here's a different approach, if that's your aim:

Why as scum did I CC the town bodyguard (or I suppose I could think he was second scum), whom other people already wanted to lynch without my prompting as you've said, ensuring my own lynch if he were to flip town? And if that was never the plan, what was I doing to begin with, and why did I take the claim back?

While you puzzle that out, I've already given you my motive as town. And I'm trying to get a read on your awkward bull****, except you're shutting me down. Can the ****ing fluff and engage my words. You're going to have 24 hours unfettered to do so.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Look this isn't very complicated.

Either you're ******* about as town because you'd rather pull stupid **** and hopefully get killed, than actually engage with the game at all.

Or you're scum and you're doing as little as you possibly can while still keeping your head above lynch pool. Pretending that you're trying to eat a night kill seems like it'd be a lot easier for you to do than pull off a convincing town performance.

Maybe if you were to actually post some content, I wouldn't be having this dilemma.

If you're having trouble reading me, then I can only offer you my sympathy, and very, very sarcastic advice.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Really starting to doubt there's a protective role at all in this game and am completely banking on Gorf as the final scumbag even at the risk of losing the game. It just makes no sense at all to see all them cleared slots and obvious townies get killed during the Night phases just like that. There are essentially two ways to explain that scenario: a.) Gorf is the biggest ****** who ever got to play a protective role and made decisions that are straight-up ludicrous b.) there is no protective role and Gorf is lying. The latter is infinitely more likely.

:059:

#HBC | Gorf

OR OR OR I've just used the **** out of my role on a player that should have been targeted for death should he have been town since D1 cuz, well ****, it's not like being right rewarded a clear with anything aside from another Day to stay alive.

#HBC | Gorf

It's like "let's just ****in completely disregard the possibility of Gorf being a protective cuz I don't agree with his choices," which Gheb, you're a ****ing joke if you think treating a bodyguard the same as a doc is smart.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Primary motivation: nobody likes me alive.
So yeah, literally right after throwing my huge fit about your claim in the thread, I talked to marshy about the possibility of you doing that purposefully to pull an NK

the scum have obviously been interested in the question of whether or not a doc exists, otherwise J wouldve faked something else. Claiming doc would certainly make an NK on you tempting as a kneejerk reaction to the claim, but of course looking back and seeing how Soup got dropped so easily would make a savy scum realize a trap was in place.

this is also why I stopped asking your for your motivation for the claim, as well as an explanation of your timing of it. Once I stopped seeing red due to bad-claim rage I realized that claiming during twilight was the only way for you to be able to bait the scum to NK you while also avoiding a mislynch that could have easily resulted due to the obviously controversial claim.

at this point I'm pretty convinced that Nabe is town. Its pretty clear to me that the last scum has done a great job of painting themselves an advantageous endgame where no one looks good any longer. The Soup/Nich/Ridic kills pretty much ensured that the most obvtown slots were out of that picture, and my entire view of the game has changed as a result.

I still need to go back and re-read, but right now I think that our old avenues of pursuit have been misguided and have put us way off track. Nabe is now my strongest town read and I think the last scum is between Gheb and Kary. Gorf's play hasn't been the most protown, but I think his demeanor this entire game gives off a very genuine vibe. This makes me want to read him as town despite some of his more questionable moves. Marshy has tended to agree with me on this because he doesnt see scum gorf sticking his neck out like this as the last scum with a fake claim for meta reasons.

I can't speak for marshy yet because we haven't thoroughly discussed the game since ridic's flip but Im sure he's of a similar opinion

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
I'm a little put off that Fromarsh hasn't posted toDay.

i KNOW YOUR punkass isnt ********

multiply that feeling of uneasiness by roughly a million and you MIGHT begin to understand how much literally everyone in this game has hated your worthless ass since day 1

now divide that feeling by itself and subtract 1 and youll have an idea of how much of a **** i give about your opinion regarding my lack of play today

youre lucky nabe. if it was up to me wed lynch your bitchass today and go to 3 man JUST to demonstrate that no sane town should tolerate garbageass play such as yours under any circumstances. fortunately for you i dont care enough about this game to put in the energy to get you lynched. but next time maximum carnage or a marshy hydra wagons/lynches you for doing butt**** all dont ask yourself why when you repeatedly bring it on yourself

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
now moving onto people who actually want to play mafia!

the question im askin myself right now is

is gorf meticulous enough as scum to fabricate a fakeclaim and play it to the t since early game

and right now im leanin against that. ive been scum with gorf and im havin difficulty seein him as the type to do that ****. he more just steamrolls the **** outta innocents and im thinkin back to megamafia where we didnt plan ahead his safeclaim and he came up with one on the fly at endgame. i still hate him but the incongruity in these approaches give me enough pause to look elsewhere

town needs to start thinking about who they want in endgame. if we keep gorf alive we can force him to commit to a target that the town believes is innocent so we at least have that to our advantage in endgame. in the meantime ima go head and

vote gheb

#HBC | Nabe

i KNOW YOUR punkass isnt *****ing

multiply that feeling of uneasiness by roughly a million and you MIGHT begin to understand how much literally everyone in this game has hated your worthless *** since day 1

now divide that feeling by itself and subtract 1 and youll have an idea of how much of a **** i give about your opinion regarding my lack of play today

youre lucky nabe. if it was up to me wed lynch your *****ass today and go to 3 man JUST to demonstrate that no sane town should tolerate garbageass play such as yours under any circumstances. fortunately for you i dont care enough about this game to put in the energy to get you lynched. but next time maximum carnage or a marshy hydra wagons/lynches you for doing butt**** all dont ask yourself why when you repeatedly bring it on yourself
k

Literally not ********, it was only confusing and a little disheartening to not have a response from you to me recanting my claim, despite your slot having posting shortly after Day began. I can't stand when people shout inactivity in general when the Day's just started, and wouldn't have said anything if your slot hadn't already posted.

Bringing up ****-ass OS is a bit of a lowblow but w/e

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Literally not *****ing, it was only confusing and a little disheartening to not have a response from you to me recanting my claim, despite your slot having posting shortly after Day began. I can't stand when people shout inactivity in general when the Day's just started, and wouldn't have said anything if your slot hadn't already posted.

Bringing up ****-*** OS is a bit of a lowblow but w/e
frozeen half

delay in response to your recanting was a product of me being at a tournament all day yesterday and then smashboards being downformaintenanceboards the rest of the the night when I got back home

not sure where you're getting us shouting "inactivity" in general. pretty sure marshy and I both agree that despite your slots ****tiness we both think you're town so we're not lynching you on principle for that. we just kinda wish we could afford to do so.

also not sure what you're referring to in that last line but I assume it was directed at marshy so w/e

and I endorse the Gheb vote. Still haven't finshed reread but I've been wary of Gheb all game, especially early on. He's played so laid back and has carried such an uninvested demeanor that it has made me feel uneasy about his slot. Theres a distinct lack of any sense of passion or urgency from the slot, despite our recent missteps. Again, it's been bothering me a lot. I'll be posting anything I find to give some substance to this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You're actually quite right in how you interpret the way I've been playing this game so far but the conclusion that I'm scum because of it is based entirely on meta, which is something that traditionally fails when applied to me. It also happened to me in Rake's Canadafia where I simply couldn't finy my way into actually playing the game and ended up being generally indifferent about stuff. But that often happens to me when I feel like town is doing things right. I only get myself to fire from all cylinders when I feel like town is being a bunch of *******, like it happened in Gova's FFT mafia. I really can't give you anything other than meta as a counter-argument because your point consists entirely of meta itself. So that's all I can really give you in response to your accusation.

Looking at things from my pov I'm still 100% certain that fromarsh is town. Marshy is kind of up in the air for me but frozen is pretty blatant. That leaves Kary, Gorf and Nabe for me but Kary's [dis]connections to the flipped scumbags - J in particular - are rock-solid. That means that either Nabe is scum and that J buddied Jakestan for w/e reason or it's Gorf. Both make sense to me but I just can't make sense out of Gorf's claim in combination with the NA results, even though his dayplay might line up. So if it's not Gorf, it pretty much has to be Nabe for me. Which has me starting to wonder: is it really that unlikely that J buddied his scummate like that? He's admittedly bad as scum and that one "connection" should not be enough to exclude him as a likely contender for scum.

So toDay is definitely going to be a case between Gorf and Nabe for me. Would like to hear a good reason on why Nabe is town other than J buddying Jakestan.

:059:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's between Gheb and Nabe for me toDay and I don't really understand why other people have different plays on their plates. I don't think i'm tunneling here, I think those are just the two slots that need to die. I kinda just want to argue with people at this point, for instance @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf : I could understand your dislike of fromar at the time of your push yesterDay but I don't undertand how you still have the same read on them (I assume you do).

I'll have more time for this tomorrow so maybe i'll just type some **** up and we can get on the same page.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't know where I stand. Off of no fresh reread, it's between Gheb and fromar specifically cuz I town read you and Nabe. I feel like one can't deny jakestan's position when seen against scumGarg and ESPECIALLY scumJ, and your slot I've felt very good about since the beginning of the game. **** what ******* say, your plays been towny. Maybe not what I'd ideally like from a town player, but certainly townie nonetheless, and there's clear disconnect from Garg and J. I will give myself the opportunity to read both of them again, but I feel like what I said about fromar yesterDay DOES stand. I didn't retract it, I just felt that dabuz was moreso the priority. Gheb's been a ****ing flatline all game and I'm scared to just call him town by PoE anymore.

#HBC | Gorf

That being said, I want to reread with a clear head BECAUSE fromar's play as is didn't swing me any particular way whatsoever. I just want a better opinion.

#HBC | Nabe

delay in response to your recanting was a product of me being at a tournament all day yesterday and then smashboards being downformaintenanceboards the rest of the the night when I got back home
'kay.

not sure where you're getting us shouting "inactivity" in general.
I'm not, I'm saying that I'm not shouting "inactivity" at you.

also not sure what you're referring to in that last line but I assume it was directed at marshy so w/e
Yes.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
Yea the last scum really did a good job at making this endgame a ****in headache.
1 get off scums ****

2 reread the game payin special attention to dabunzs post yesterday on why im town

3 realize that im the most blatant town player in this game right now and have been since page 1

4 come to term with the fact that youll need to reevaluate your prior townreads should gheb be innocent instead of just callin ******* town for no reason like you have been all game

5 swag

#HBC | Gorf

1 stfu wtf are you even saying

2 big whoop you had ****in dabuz on your back but i will read it and take it into account

3 no you ****in swear

4 you do this thing a lot where you say things because it sounds good, if you're town stop ****ing doing this because you are absolutely unjustified and you're doing nothing aside from helping yourself sleep at night

5 swag

#HBC | Gorf

ebwop

4a i am certainly gonna reevaluate my townreads though should i be wrong on gheb

i will most likely be on board with lynching him btw because he is a completely blank read that deserves to be eradicated and i think it's more imperative to prepare for 3 man lylo at this point. plus his reasons for him ****ing sticking to me are dumbfounding.

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
im actually realizin some **** as i look back on early game and roll this **** around my head. gimme a few mins to give you some **** to chew on cuz i kinda feel like changin my vote for reasons ill bring up in a bit

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 5.1

frozenmarsh751
Gorf
Kary

Gheb_01: frozenmarsh751
Nabe

Not voting:
Gorf, Kary, Gheb, Nabe.

Notes:

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 5 players, it takes 3 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 5 is May 20th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

frozenmarsh751

frozenflame751|marshy
iight ***** check this out

http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...-may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-7#post-16579533
http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...-may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-8#post-16579840

what sticks out to me is that j asks for mine and ghebs opinion regarding a possible riddick/soup team and when i think about that post the question that comes to mind is

why did j specifically choose gheb/me to ask

i KNOW he asked me cuz last time he was scum he managed to fool me by buddying up to me and he thought he could pull the same **** here. its possible that he just threw his scumbuddies name in there for the sake of throwing it in there but when i think about why he chose gheb from a town perspective itd be cuz gheb started off this game strong. he was gettin at soup pretty hardbody for some crazy d1 bull**** that soup is wont to do. something i look for with ghebscum is that he usually lays back and nudges town into ****ty calls here and there when advantageous. the way he really threw himself at soup d1 with the fire he did is more consistent with ghebtown who is stubborn to stickin wit his reads

then gargs post which is the second one i linked here strikes me as well. this is the one that prompted riddick to begin bodying him. i think its interesting how easily he throws a townread onto gheb alongside july here. ghebs usually a harder read and the confidence with which garg calls him innocent reminds me of how j threw ghebs name in his question to me about a potential scumteam earlier. basically what im sayin is that both scum have shown a willingness to just throw ghebs name into their posts and identify him as innocent which i think MAY be because they wanted to play to a stronger player. a town player wouldnt do that **** cuz theyd be more cautious of ghebscum but a scumbag privy to alignments would. the way garg literally calls everyone null and equivocates outside of gheb/july is TYPICALLY how scum interact with their buddies which is what he does there with every slot still alive in this game besides gheb

contrast this to karebear who had a REALLY AWFUL d1 to the point that he nearly got fukked outta hear

im still inclined to agree with frozen regarding the last scum being between gheb/karebear and i kind of want to go for the latter now. i also notice that people seem to be townreading him for no reason which could explain why this game became such a ****fest after the blatant scumbags got themselves killed. the last scum has managed to get some momentum on his side due to our ****tyass predecessors of replacements playing like scumbags. karebear actually NEARLY gets lynched round page 13-14 where me/gheb/j go at his neck. he shows up after goin quiet during the garg/j wagons d1 with some rawass ate in 571 and soon votes j. im askin myself what kind of impact karebear has had on this game or what hes done that really hits me as bein consistent with an innocent and i literally come up with nothing besides his early game beef with j (which isnt all that compelling for me to call him town) and giving nabe grief since d1 which seems to be the ideal scumplay cuz everyone hates him

http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...-may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-9#post-16590569
http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-10#post-16593747

i also want to point out that our dead mason bros both had karebear on their ****list before their untimely demises (the plural form of this word is weird)

gorf you want to know why i am town so lemme pull some **** from d1 right quick

http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...-may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-9#post-16588174

this is my first vote on j. i want to point out that i was actually the first person to go at js neck but its largely overlooked cuz everyone loves to ride julys **** and she did it in a more fancy way with dem wall battles as opposed to my swagged up gifs. i encourage ****** to actually read page 8 and 9 so you get the context of my vote here. i DID NOT have to draw attention to j the way i did here. yes i couldve been bussing here but occams razor in addition to the much easier options i had at my disposal at the time of this vote will speak for themselves in terms of protown intent

check out page 11 where i hella **** talk j like a swagged up boss to show yall that i wasnt just a lazyass ***** bout it feel me

i actually vote karebear later that dayphase when he disappears durin some wagon i already forget. but ill point out this post

http://smashboards.com/threads/flav...may-20th-11-59pm.351712/page-16#post-16615006

where i vote j again. so im town cuz i kept bringin attention back to j d1 when it wasnt necessary who i kept an eye on cuz i had a better idea of his scumplay

i kind of want to lynch karebear from this. i might be absent tomorrow cuz ima hit up ny but i encourage ****** actually reread this game cuz well prolly get better conclusions off goin reliable information as opposed to lategame where scum can take advantage of towns fatigue/paranoia. would really like for frozen to get at me with a reread as well so in the meantime

vote karebear

Top Bottom