• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia: Game Over. Who won?

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
@Mod players can vote for us by just going 'Vote: Honk' instead of our name, as i'm sure that will be troublesome to copy+paste everytime they want to vote us

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sure. That will be reflected in the votecount.

Last edited:

jakestan

Smash Cadet
Well surely you're more likely to mislynch someone you've no experience reading than someone you play with regularly, right?
not really.
you're less likely to mislynch someone if you know their metagame, so yeah i'd say to some degree you are more likely to mislynch a player whose meta you don't know.

giving people a "free pass" because they are a "mislynch waiting to happen" just doesn't sit right with me

@Mod players can vote for us by just going 'Vote: Honk' instead of our name, as i'm sure that will be troublesome to copy+paste everytime they want to vote us
right on, your name is why I chose you for my random vote

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm giving sjoupey, BW and Jake free passes to Day 2 on the grounds that they're all mislynches waiting to happen.

@J, are you scum?

@ July July , are you scum?

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf , are you still rolling with that stoner persona or am I going to be able to understand your posts this game?

Rote: Vuy

*mew*
Would you look at them if they were scummy or are you just going to ignore them all together?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Question: why are you instantly assuming that the players you listed will be mislynches this game and putting a precedent on people for no other than to undermine them? Your holier than thou attitude rubs me off the wrong way.

0/10 would not honk again
So do you think that fromarsh and BW are just as likely as one another to get lynched D1? Because what seems to happen every game on SWF is that someone puts a foot wrong, they get strung up for it, and we spend 3 Days picking up the pieces. How am I trying to undermine players by saying we shouldn't lynch them?

so what you're saying is 'im not going to read these people regardless of alignment because im scum and want a reason to be lazy' :nifty:
No, what I'm saying is that I'm not going to lynch them, regardless of alignment, while it's still Day 1. Because I would rather just have them off the table for the time being than have someone spiral towards a mislynch because they're standing nearest to the noose.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Would you look at them if they were scummy or are you just going to ignore them all together?
I'm still going to look at them, definitely. But you will have to twist my arm if you want me to vote for them toDay. I just think that there are better lynches to be found, all else being equal.

ヽ(*・ω・)ノ♪

Masqeurain/soup
you're trying too hard kary, just let the thread resume naturally because a lot of what you are saying is a bunch of hooblah, like i can't even fathom that you believe half of what you're saying and if you are you really need to slow down because you're trying to predict the game before it's even started like

if badwolf is scummy, i'm pretty sure im going to vote him regardless of him 'being badwolf', there's no need to hand-hold someone or give them benefit of the doubt because what you're doing is giving them a chance if they're scum to get away with inherently scummy actions

which is bad, and that same treatment should be made for all players, i really don't understand your approach right now and i find myself confused and alarmed, i feel you're being quite weird, maybe even a bit uncomfortable

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
drop thoughts on Kary so far, do you agree with my analysis of him?

Inglorious Retards

Gheb_01|JTB
[...] what seems to happen every game on SWF is that someone puts a foot wrong, they get strung up for it, and we spend 3 Days picking up the pieces.

[...]

No, what I'm saying is that I'm not going to lynch them, regardless of alignment, while it's still Day 1. Because I would rather just have them off the table for the time being than have someone spiral towards a mislynch because they're standing nearest to the noose.
You postulate the existence of some sort of principle in the first paragraph where a certain pool of players inevitably becomes the center of attention and gets lynched, dictating the remaining course of the game as a consequence. Criticizing that is fair game. What you do though, is trying to establish an even more questionale principle to counteract such course of action. You're concerned about some people not being treated equally because they are considered "lesser" players but at the same time you actively try to promote unequal treatment yourself. If that's the way you intend to go for the first Day of this game then you'll probably have to accept that you're going to be alone during that time. People will lynch players if they think it's the right thing to do - most of them will probably be wrong most of the time because they lack the skills to make the right call but that's still better than what you suggest. And don't expect people to accept your decision as an excuse should it turn out that one of the players you mentioned flip scum.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
you're trying too hard kary, just let the thread resume naturally because a lot of what you are saying is a bunch of hooblah, like i can't even fathom that you believe half of what you're saying and if you are you really need to slow down because you're trying to predict the game before it's even started like

if badwolf is scummy, i'm pretty sure im going to vote him regardless of him 'being badwolf', there's no need to hand-hold someone or give them benefit of the doubt because what you're doing is giving them a chance if they're scum to get away with inherently scummy actions

which is bad, and that same treatment should be made for all players, i really don't understand your approach right now and i find myself confused and alarmed, i feel you're being quite weird, maybe even a bit uncomfortable

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
drop thoughts on Kary so far, do you agree with my analysis of him?
I don't like the ignore part but as long as Kary gives done stances there at some point it's fine.

July

Smash Apprentice
It's been a while since I've played on the site and used this new, horrible format, so please bear with me. In my last post, that quote is from Kary, not J. I also responded to J saying that of course we can be town buddies as long as he's town, but I'm not seeing that part of the post either. *sigh*

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
f badwolf is scummy, i'm pretty sure im going to vote him regardless of him 'being badwolf', there's no need to hand-hold someone or give them benefit of the doubt because what you're doing is giving them a chance if they're scum to get away with inherently scummy actions

Well I disagree that giving a player more room to breathe is somehow letting them 'get away' with things; it's not as if there is anywhere for them to go, they're still going to be under scrutiny.

And I don't know if I agree that you should treat all players exactly the same. I don't think I read everyone the same way, I don't expect the same things from every player.

You postulate the existence of some sort of principle in the first paragraph where a certain pool of players inevitably becomes the center of attention and gets lynched, dictating the remaining course of the game as a consequence. Criticizing that is fair game. What you do though, is trying to establish an even more questionable principle to counteract such course of action. You're concerned about some people not being treated equally because they are considered "lesser" players but at the same time you actively try to promote unequal treatment yourself.
Yeah, it's basically positive discrimination. If you think that having the usual suspects lined up for the lynch every Day 1 is a bad thing, I don't know why you think my alternative is really any worse.

I feel like I'm saying 'let's not mislynch the same guys we always do' and for some reason this is a bad thing.

*shrug*

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why do you say that?
Why do I think that they're mislynches waiting to happen? It's just what I think from the shape of the playerlist, and how the the games around here aren't so different from the last.

No, are you? Why do you say that soup/joey is a mislynch waiting to happen? How do you feel about your ability to read the players on the roster this game that you have played with before?
No, let's be real. Soup, if not sjoupey, is a mislynch waiting to happen just based on however many times he's ended up claiming or getting lynched way sooner than seems possible. I feel pretty confident about reading most people... I had a hard time with marshy last game, but I'm not seeing any kryptonite I have to worry about. It will always depend on who is posting and putting in effort, though.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Personally, I understand Kary's argument, though I wouldn't go so far to eliminate the possibility of lynching them D1. There are players who tend to push questionable reads, or go semi-inactive, or get really flustered when questioned, which leads to their death regardless of alignment. In general, it's important to remember that someone's intent in pushing an argument is more telling of their alignment than their ability to coherently push said argument.

So yeah, I'm calling Kary's stance null for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.1

No lynch: Gorf
frozenmarsh751
July
Gorf**:
Red Ryu, Gargalione
Kary
Honk:
Jakestan
Rid****ulous
Nicholas1024
Gheb_01:
Badwolf
J
BadWolf**
Gargaglione
JakeStan
Red Ruy:
Kary

Not voting:
Frozenmarsh, July, Ridickulous, Gheb, J, Nicholas1024, Honk

Notes:
Gorf has declared temporary V/LA.

*= Currently being replaced
**= V/LA

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is April 16th, at 11:59 PM

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: July

So I'm a lot of people have already commented on the Kary situation, out of them, Gheb has the best logic towards it, but I lean towards agreeing with Nich's #63 as to what I am thinking about Kary's opinion on the "freepasses".

I do not have much else to comment on without sounding like a parrot haha.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vote: July

So I'm a lot of people have already commented on the Kary situation, out of them, Gheb has the best logic towards it, but I lean towards agreeing with Nich's #63 as to what I am thinking about Kary's opinion on the "freepasses".

I do not have much else to comment on without sounding like a parrot haha.
Wanna join me on Gorf?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Ruy why are you even saying the things you're saying. What the hell do you expect to find out about me voting NL? What the hell do you expect to find from asking ******* who BWolfs mate is? Your Garg question is fine but that's why you need to shut the **** up, cuz you're clogging the thread and will surely continue if not stopped, regardless of alignment.

Hey @ July July wanna be friends?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Getting people out of RvS and getting this rolling.

Why vote No lynch?

Why did Garg change votes?

How legit is Gheb being and is something fruitful gonna happen there?

Let's get rolling.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Because it helps me disconnect from town in such a way that I am not getting my hands dirty, ya know, in case I accidentally expose my scum mates ya feel me?

Top Bottom