• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl tournament is in this thread

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
if that's the issue... since 5th is will's and 12th is play-n-trade plus the following is FAST and wilvolution tournament. then the end of july is gigabits melee tournament and luc's tournament at a local lan center....

well all im asking is that what do you guys prefer for a date to have the tournament, cuz i know some of south florida can't make it to Will's if it was held on the 5th. so that might do i guess...
Hmm,

Maybe on the 6th, or 13th.

Having a tourny on a sunday following a saturdays tourney may also give some CFL players a good reason to come. Seeing as they can go to 2 tournaments with one drive.

Last time I did a sunday tournament it was a good turnout, I am assuming because there was a tourny saturday at West palm, and then PnT's sunday.

Just my 2 Cents.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Hey Nova is ***get.
Please try not use this thread for personal business with people which aren't involved in this tournament.

Hmm,

Maybe on the 6th, or 13th.

Having a tourny on a sunday following a saturdays tourney may also give some CFL players a good reason to come. Seeing as they can go to 2 tournaments with one drive.

Last time I did a sunday tournament it was a good turnout, I am assuming because there was a tourny saturday at West palm, and then PnT's sunday.

Just my 2 Cents.
There is an issue with Sunday tournaments at FIU. These tournaments are being hosted by the FIU Porter Davis Game Room for FIU students first and the general public second. Doing it on Saturdays gives a higher probability of getting the former. Then there is the fact that the Game Room is closed on Sundays and that a Gamer Room staff member has to be present the day of the tournament, in order to look over things. This means that one of those staff members has to work on a Sunday and the Game Room has to take money out of their budget to pay him.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
There is an issue with Sunday tournaments at FIU. These tournaments are being hosted by the FIU Porter Davis Game Room for FIU students first and the general public second. Doing it on Saturdays gives a higher probability of getting the former. Then there is the fact that the Game Room is closed on Sundays and that a Gamer Room staff member has to be present the day of the tournament, in order to look over things. This means that one of those staff members has to work on a Sunday and the Game Room has to take money out of their budget to pay him.

Would the door fee cover his pay, or would it need to be bumped up?

If not maybe giving them a small % from the pot, or slight increase in door fee.

Just trying to give some ideas to have it happen sooner then later. -_-

Hope this works out =)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Would the door fee cover his pay, or would it need to be bumped up?

If not maybe giving them a small % from the pot, or slight increase in door fee.

Just trying to give some ideas to have it happen sooner then later. -_-

Hope this works out =)
depending how the meeting goes today, i'll simply tell them about the current situation concerning the dates.

the marketing is fine on the outside, but the overall focus is to have an even balance of attendance between the general public and FIU students. that's why i've been slowly working on promoting on this forum and then working my way around the school to get those interested.

Top Bottom