• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl tournament is in this thread

Superstar

Smash Champion
I don't think I'd be able to come on the 6th, that's a Friday and I think there is still school then, I'd have to check.

I don't think Miami has a big scene...maybe? For advertising, maybe put it in your sig and post in other threads, stating the city, location, and thread...perhaps.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I knew it was the 7th, was just answering about this.

hey dude is it on the 6 or 7 of june...i can go if its on the 6th but the first post says both for some reason.
And then this:

nevershootme said:
7th of june. but still, it is subject to change
Which means plox don't set it to Friday. To be honest you wouldn't as Saturday tournaments would get you more antendance, but eh.

I also posted to try to bump the thread a bit up from near the bottom of the page.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I know, because Saturday is the best day to do it and only a dumb TO would put it on a probable school Friday [not saying you are]. My post was just addressing the dude who'd rather go on the 6th, saying plox no. Maybe I worded it wrong and was misunderstood, but eh.

Perhaps the Georgia tournament might suck some attendance. I know I'd go to that if I had the resources.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Is true, but it affects people who like both, which affects it. Also, the GA one is a major tournament.

If I had the means I'd go the GA, I want to be 4-stocked.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Man today I was talking about it with the school.. as of now the head in charge of the game room is not available for the next 2 weeks (for approval)... Which stinks but I'm figuring something out.

I'm still aiming for june 7th, but if nothing is coming up from the school then it's gonna be pushed back again.... Sorry >_>

Linguini

Smash Master
Aight just letting you know that no one going to show any interest until this is for sure.

This has potential to be good its just that its been delayed for months.

ColdHeart

Smash Rookie
I registered here just for this. A friend told about it and I am really looking forward on going. I'm also bringing another person. So you can mark me down as 2 people I guess.
Though I'm not a student in FIU, does it really matter?

MetaEvil

Smash Apprentice
Doodah hates us , June 7th WOOHOO!!!, and who are u nevershootme, like ur real name

nevershootme

Smash Master
OK OK OK Now i'm pushing the tournament to Next week (June 14th), It wasn't gonna happen on the 7th either way when trying to organize it with the FIU staff.. but Seibrik's tournament is there instead.

Now to pray it doesn't get pushed back again....

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well, i wasn't gonna come anyway (no offense to you), but now i can use the excuse that ill be at a tourney in sarasota instead

McRib

Smash Journeyman
July 5th is another Willvolution tournament at West Palm Beach, and one at Play and Trade on the 12th. I think the key is to have a specific date (with no more delays) so that way people plan ahead of time to come to this. I know its mostly FIU's fault, but just make it happen.

nevershootme

Smash Master
if that's the issue... since 5th is will's and 12th is play-n-trade plus the following is FAST and wilvolution tournament. then the end of july is gigabits melee tournament and luc's tournament at a local lan center....

well all im asking is that what do you guys prefer for a date to have the tournament, cuz i know some of south florida can't make it to Will's if it was held on the 5th. so that might do i guess...

Top Bottom