• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Summer Tournament - Miami, FL August 9th, 2008 (RESULTS POSTED)

Nerodragoon

Smash Apprentice
i keep forgetting you're near orlando for the summer

well, if i go, theres 4 spots in the car, and theres:

HRnut
Rx
xYz
Garbanzo
Gmoney

who want to go. obviously we all see conundrum here. you guys can figure something out, i think >.>
Gmoney kills someone in their sleep..... seems like an obvious solution.

chckn

Smash Ace
come in around 9-9:30 to help set up.

ATTENTION: for those who bring their setups, I will waiver the door fee (entrance) and you will only pay the tournament fees. I am working with the staff on that deal
If this is the case then put me down to bring a wii and brawl

nevershootme

Smash Master
attendence has been updated.

-if we do have more than 64 people coming, those who RSVP get priority in entering.
-Consent forms under 16 yrs old are coming in as soon as i get the file for you to print them out.

hype hype hype!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
If you don't have ?marks next to xYz's name on the attendance list, then you can take them away from mine.

I am going if he is going, that is a sure thing.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I'm going.
Didn't look at when it is.
Don't know who I'm going with.
But I'm going for sure.
If Gmoney goes and Garbanzo isn't (I forgot to look), I call Team G(ingerr)money again.

EDIT: Gmoney teaming with Garbanzo johns.

nevershootme

Smash Master
as much as i can confirm

-Bring a wii or tv and I'll waiver the entrance fee and you only pay the pot fee (Note that there is limited space in the game room. so first come first serve). AND ITS ONLY THE PERSON THAT's bringing it.

-Anyone who brings their friends, girlfriends, boyfriends (if any girl players come), moms, dads, family, whatever. I can't allow them as spectators unless they are participating in the tournament. sorry >_< room size can be a bit of an issue.

-oh did i mention? HYPE HYPE HYPE!

Bring TV's and Wii's

Ruuku

Smash Lord
WTF man. Since when are they getting so picky about stuff. I'm definitely not hosting stuff there anymore. Unless if it's Melee or something.

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Well just the game room itself at FIU is pretty small, they should totally open the ping pong room for us to more tv's in there. Anyways nevershootme, I think you should print out some fliers or something to advertise this tournament more and pass them out during other tournaments to get more hype. (FASTand Willvolution come to mind)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Well just the game room itself at FIU is pretty small, they should totally open the ping pong room for us to more tv's in there. Anyways nevershootme, I think you should print out some fliers or something to advertise this tournament more and pass them out during other tournaments to get more hype. (FASTand Willvolution come to mind)
I'll send you a file for my flier and you can pass them (get the other fiu people to help) at fast (since im in tampa at metrocon instead). but willvolution i'll be there unless a test pops up.

i'm telling ya luc. that crazy lady is playing that stupid "devil's advocate" on my ***...

edit: I also got the pool room tv's avilable for play, just gotta play a bit for any lag

Master Raven

Smash Master
I might consider going. Depends on whether I have enough time to go or not though by next month.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'll send you a file for my flier and you can pass them (get the other fiu people to help) at fast (since im in tampa at metrocon instead). but willvolution i'll be there unless a test pops up.

i'm telling ya luc. that crazy lady is playing that stupid "devil's advocate" on my ***...

edit: I also got the pool room tv's avilable for play, just gotta play a bit for any lag
See, I was telling you to let me get the flyer but you never gave it to me... Also, just so you know, I was planning on using the Ping Pong room when I still wanted to host there. So you may want to try and use it. I wish I was there so I could talk some sense into those people!

nevershootme

Smash Master
See, I was telling you to let me get the flyer but you never gave it to me... Also, just so you know, I was planning on using the Ping Pong room when I still wanted to host there. So you may want to try and use it. I wish I was there so I could talk some sense into those people!
OK OK SHEESH, well the ping pong room suggestion was given by david... and i am gonna test the tv's next week... so that's 8 tv's from the school plus others bringing theirs.

expect a final revision of the flyer later tonight at midnight-1am available for print

at FIU... they kept telling me about them making fliers around the school... so far i saw no progress, i'll check up on it tomorrow or next week...

McRib

Smash Journeyman
awsome see just by posting on this thread more is helping other people to want to come. Just send me the flier whenever its ready. I'm also coming to FIU tomorrow so if its ready just give it to me then.

pridy

:]
Put me on the list my brother and his friend shoould be comin also

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Hell yes! I'm so excited about this tourney finally happening! I should be able to show up! I'm not for sure yet, but it's looking like 80% for sure. :)

McRib

Smash Journeyman
Man I feel a little like an idiot because i printed out the fliers you gave me, and I ended up forgetting them at my house. I'll help pass them out at FIU I guess and Willvo if I end up going.

Sorry about that man.

Masky

Smash Master
Count me in for 1 Wii :)

Also, didn't see anything in the rules about stage banning between opponents... just the usual rules?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Stage counterpicks updated,

also, I need more Wii's!!! and tv's!!!
umm...is lylat not supposed to be a neutral or counterpick? i dont see it anywhere on your stage list for either

Edit: And also, why are the semis also 3/5, and the grand finals 4/7 ?

Top Bottom