• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
*sigh*

I don't even know if we should wait on a CC or just lynch since if he's actually cop he's gonna die toMorrow regardless. Not a HUGE loss in hindsight, and if he's scum then at least we still have the real cop.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I don't know what to make of this. Fakeclaiming cop while being scum still marks him for death cause the second scumteam wouldn't be able to tell if he is telling the truth or not, so I don't know if he is doing this to stay alive, unless he did on a whim without thinking of the consequences. I don't even know I feel every single direction this thought could go is pure wifom

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Yeah honestly after thinking and going over all the possible situations as to why would Dabuz claim cop as scum in the case its not true I came to the following:

Dabuz is town: Claiming cop is essentially worthless, dude is good as dead next phase.

This is worse cause if scum realizes dabuz not getting night killed Implicates him as scum, Scum gets another night kill, we lynch dabuz day 2 cause if he didn't die he we would think he is scum, then scum gets free night kill.

Dabuz is fakeclaiming and scum: There are 2 scum teams, so this action would still kill him. This is beneficial to scum if this is a final gambit to lure the actual cop to counterclaim and get him killed next phase.

Dabuz is fakeclaiming, but he is town: He is an idiot.

So essentially thinking much about it leads to wifom, but clearly the best course of action is for the actual cop if dabuz isnt it, to not claim at all.

IF DABUZ IS LYING AND AND THE ACTUAL COP READS THIS, DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yeah honestly after thinking and going over all the possible situations as to why would Dabuz claim cop as scum in the case its not true I came to the following:

Dabuz is town: Claiming cop is essentially worthless, dude is good as dead next phase.

This is worse cause if scum realizes dabuz not getting night killed Implicates him as scum, Scum gets another night kill, we lynch dabuz day 2 cause if he didn't die he we would think he is scum, then scum gets free night kill.

Dabuz is fakeclaiming and scum: There are 2 scum teams, so this action would still kill him. This is beneficial to scum if this is a final gambit to lure the actual cop to counterclaim and get him killed next phase.

Dabuz is fakeclaiming, but he is town: He is an idiot.

So essentially thinking much about it leads to wifom, but clearly the best course of action is for the actual cop if dabuz isnt it, to not claim at all.
IF DABUZ IS LYING AND AND THE ACTUAL COP READS THIS, DO NOT COUNTERCLAIM!
So you sincerely believe dabuz is town?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
If dabuz is fakeclaiming and scum then there will be two incaps going into toMorrow, one from the team he's not on (on him) and one from the team he IS on. It'll secure his death essentially but he'll have gotten a lynch through that wasn't him toDay. The fact that he wouldn't be the lynch toDay alone benefits him.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
skimmed; got back late from yugioh tourney which i topped :gova:

i'll be here tomorrow/today for whatever we decide to do

Kantrip

Kantplay
This though, this is actually solid. Fanny automatically loses that competition because this post makes me like that dabuz wagon more
Wow but that was just him using my points :glare:

I think Gorf's thing on Hando being a potential scum partner dabuz is trying to distance from was a ridiculous assertion though, and part of why I think Gorf/Hando could be a scumteam. Another point is what someone mentioned earlier (I forget who, Gova maybe?) about Gorf diffusing early pressure on Hando by calling stuff he was doing anti-town rather than scummy and starting that whole debacle before a Hando wagon formed.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dude you're saying that you're serious about the **** dabunz mentality, well if **** dabunz then from your pov why not just join his wagon to get his *** outta here? He ain't shiz to you, and trust me if he lives to see toMorrow I'm likely not the only one that's gonna be trying to drive his *** into the ground. If you refuse to read him... why not just get the question out of your head? There are 5-6 people voting him right now, isn't that enough to tell you, the guy who's admitting to consciously skimming his posts, that his lynch may just be worth it?
You think Hando and dabuz are mates right?

And you think they are both individually scummy?

Would you be down to go Hando first?

(To be clear I'm not suggesting that course of action but rather asking if you would do it)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Welp, **** this. Feel like I completely screwed town this game, really do, sucks. Potassium and Garg ended up being loud brick walls, I wanted to push and not let my role dictate how I play, maybe I shouldn't have done that...

I'm the cop.

I do legitimately believe Hando is scum, can't blame me for wanting to not only push someone else but get people off my case when i'm the cop. Was hoping MiR -might- be able to pull this wagon elsewhere since no one would listen to me and just really, felt like I was out of options agains the stubbornness of Pot + Garg.

I got this vibe when you started asking people what they would do if your lynch was absolutely unobtainable.

Now there's a chance this is a scum play to stay alive, but we don't want our real cop to CC in that case so there's no way to verify.

Vote: Handorin

Kantrip

Kantplay
*sigh*

I don't even know if we should wait on a CC or just lynch since if he's actually cop he's gonna die toMorrow regardless. Not a HUGE loss in hindsight, and if he's scum then at least we still have the real cop.
Dude these are literally the two most ******** options and I'm astounded that you suggested them.

Cop should not CC.
We should not lynch dabuz.

We go for a fall-back on Hando. If dabuz is legit he will most likely die during the Night. If he's not there is no harm in him living past Day 1 and then we'll know. We don't want to out our real cop if he is scum, and we don't want to risk lynching him if he's town.

FoS Gorf (even though I already was but got damn)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
We go for a fall-back on Hando. If dabuz is legit he will most likely die during the Night. If he's not there is no harm in him living past Day 1 and then we'll know. We don't want to out our real cop if he is scum, and we don't want to risk lynching him if he's town.
Im actually diggin this logic a lot

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gorf and Hollow looking mad whack

Toed looking more legit

Garg and Fanny still have their heads on straight

Raz isn't leaving much of an impression on me

We need Top Deck BLS to exist

lynch hando

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

Im actually diggin this logic a lot

aaaaaactuaallyyy

Lemme propose something:
Now that you threw that statement out in the air, if dabuz is a cop, scumteams won't nightkill him, so that we'll assume he's scum anyway and end up lynching him regardless.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Meant to say something to that.

If dabuz IS cop and scum choose not to kill him for that WIFOM, he gets free Night results.

Win win.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Meant to say something to that.

If dabuz IS cop and scum choose not to kill him for that WIFOM, he gets free Night results.

Win win.
But his night results dont mean **** because we wont know if he's really a cop, and I quite frankly, don't believe he is. He still reads scum to me.

Lynching him D1 is really the best course of action. He's playing scummy, and if he flips town (which I don't think is that likely), that will reveal tons of info either way.

Far more info than a Hando flip would

Kantrip

Kantplay
I'll lay it out for you guys for why we should not be lynching dabuz after that claim

If he's Town
  • we could lynch him which means we've wasted our lynch on a townie and we've killed our cop
  • we can not lynch him and both scum teams incap him and he'll die
  • we can not lynch him and one or none of the scumteams incap him which means he gets a night result and is still alive to share it. We still don't lynch him
If he's Scum
  • we could lynch him and we lucked out and got a lynch on scum who was fake claiming cop
  • we could not lynch him and he lives to see another Day and is forced to fake a night result
Honestly there is no reason to lynch him now that he has committed to that claim.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
aaaaaactuaallyyy

Lemme propose something:
Now that you threw that statement out in the air, if dabuz is a cop, scumteams won't nightkill him, so that we'll assume he's scum anyway and end up lynching him regardless.
I already listed that out as a possibility above.

I am gonna wait to see what everyone else says about this, I could go with a Hando lynch, but I still don't see why a town cop who is about to get killed would claim before getting any results. Like if this were day 2 and 3 and he actually had some results for us to look into after we realized we myslynched I could see why a townie would do that.

Why the hell would a town player claim COP in before the first day is even over, even if you are about to die, and you are cop, and you have had not results because no night has passed, you should probably realize the big commotion this would cause to the other town players, and you would get killed either way next night unless scum want to take that gambit so we mislynch the cop next day. This just keeps going in circles on my head, I am gonna wait on everyone tomorrow, but my vote is still on Dabuz.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Guys seriously dabuz lynch makes no sense at this point. It is very likely the claim is legit and if it isn't we will either know very soon or we will get free night results

Fandangox

Smash Lord
If he's Scum
  • we could lynch him and we lucked out and got a lynch on scum who was fake claiming cop
  • we could not lynch him and he lives to see another Day and is forced to fake a night result
Honestly there is no reason to lynch him now that he has committed to that claim.
What about the other scum team? Wouldn't they want the town cup dead? They can't tell if Dabuz is lying or not, they'd probably still go for the kill. We cannot leave that possibility out.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What about the other scum team? Wouldn't they want the town cup dead? They can't tell if Dabuz is lying or not, they'd probably still go for the kill. We cannot leave that possibility out.
If he's scum and the other team incaps him, then we will have him and another player up for uncapping.

If you guys are worried about him at that point we can just uncap the other player and let him die.

This wouldn't be letting him slip through our fingers by any means

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I'll lay it out for you guys for why we should not be lynching dabuz after that claim

If he's Town
  • we could lynch him which means we've wasted our lynch on a townie and we've killed our cop
  • we can not lynch him and both scum teams incap him and he'll die
  • we can not lynch him and one or none of the scumteams incap him which means he gets a night result and is still alive to share it. We still don't lynch him
If he's Scum
It's at our discretion to believe whether he's still actually a cop or not in D2 if we don't lynch him though. that doesn't confirm his role as cop at all, so not lynching him for the prospective benefits of night results is dumb

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Guys seriously dabuz lynch makes no sense at this point. It is very likely the claim is legit and if it isn't we will either know very soon or we will get free night results
How is that likely? Anyone can say they're the cop and it's common for someone to lie about that near their lynching.

I actually did that in a irl mafia game as scum and won nasty.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It's at our discretion to believe whether he's still actually a cop or not in D2 if we don't lynch him though. that doesn't confirm his role as cop at all, so not lynching him for the prospective benefits of night results is dumb
Yeah but there is no downside to putting the lynch off. We'll get free night results if scum leaves him alive, and if they don't we can stop worrying about this WIFOM.

Kantrip

Kantplay
How is that likely? Anyone can say they're the cop and it's common for someone to lie about that near their lynching.

I actually did that in a irl mafia game as scum and won nasty.
I realize that is a distinct possibility but we can cross the "what if he doesn't die" bridge when we get there. What is the downside to lynching Hando instead for toDay?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I realize that is a distinct possibility but we can cross the "what if he doesn't die" bridge when we get there. What is the downside to lynching Hando instead for toDay?
the downside is that a Hando lynch wont reveal ****, he's still an inactive, and he's gonna get lynched anyway, the way he's playing

Yeah but there is no downside to putting the lynch off. We'll get free night results if scum leaves him alive, and if they don't we can stop worrying about this WIFOM.
cant believe you're actually falling for the "im cop" ****, really

Fandangox

Smash Lord
If he's scum and the other team incaps him, then we will have him and another player up for uncapping.

If you guys are worried about him at that point we can just uncap the other player and let him die.

This wouldn't be letting him slip through our fingers by any means
Alright that one makes sense. However, we have been too focused on the whys and what ifs, we need to focus on the intent of the claim.

I want everyone's thoughts on this :

I already listed that out as a possibility above.

I am gonna wait to see what everyone else says about this, I could go with a Hando lynch, but I still don't see why a town cop who is about to get killed would claim before getting any results. Like if this were day 2 and 3 and he actually had some results for us to look into after we realized we myslynched I could see why a townie would do that.

Why the hell would a town player claim COP in before the first day is even over, even if you are about to die, and you are cop, and you have had not results because no night has passed, you should probably realize the big commotion this would cause to the other town players, and you would get killed either way next night unless scum want to take that gambit so we mislynch the cop next day. This just keeps going in circles on my head, I am gonna wait on everyone tomorrow, but my vote is still on Dabuz.

Kantrip

Kantplay
the downside is that a Hando lynch wont reveal ****, he's still an inactive, and he's gonna get lynched anyway, the way he's playing

cant believe you're actually falling for the "im cop" ****, really
Garg, listen to me for a moment.

If dabuz is scum, and we let him live, and he is alive toMorrow and untouched, we don't lose out on anything. We can still lynch him no problem, and he'll probably be incapped by the other scumteam so we'll even be able to just choose not to uncap him and not even waste a lynch on him.

And we don't lose out on anything by leaving him alive that extra phase.

However, on the chance that he may actually be legit (the claim would explain why he started the game trying to play safe and was generally trying to appease people since he wanted to stay under the radar), leaving him alive guarantees that if he is still alive toMorrow because the scumteams didn't go for him, we get the use of his night action for the Night and learn valuable information

Kantrip

Kantplay
A cop claim literally guarantees that dabuz is not living to LyLo no matter what happens. Chances are one of two things will happen:

1. if he's town both teams will incap him because they can't afford to risk him getting results that help town and being able to share them
2. if he's scum one of the scumteams will incap him and we can just let him die while we save the player his scumteam incaps

Top Bottom