• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
This topic's played out. Raz clarified on the actions after we made our point, only before that we had an issue with his early game. Everything after was just clarification of why we disliked him in the first place.

That third point is also not relevant. There is no "instead", there was just his early game which was what it was. Later on he made better posts.

We're really ready to put this **** to rest I don't even know why I'm replying to this.
ok thank you

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Didn't like what? Be more specific.
Are you asking me to be more spcific? Yo couldn't be more vague with that post of yours!

Really the problem that I have with MiR is his tunneling of Raz at the beginning, he started to do it and draw attention for it, but when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere he just stopped and made it look like he wasn't doing anything with it. I don't like that because it was weak reasoning and he pushed it to make it look amazing. It wasn't. When he dropped it he started yelling at everyone who even mentioned it later and it just doesn't sit right with me. He feels like he's pushing whoever he feels is most likely to be lynched and just going for them with all his heart, it doesn't feel like he's looking for scum at all tbh.

There's your reasoning.
At first glance this seems like decent reason to join the wagon, but reading into it, the very last paragraph looks weak going by your reasoning and its even ironic.

If he were pushing whatever he thought was more likely to get lynched then why focus from Soup to Raz? Soup already had 4 votes on him, and nobody has voted on Raz once in this game yet. Does that look to you like pursuing an opportunistic lynch? Following that logic he should not even be voting you because you had 0 votes prior to his post.

Honestly, this line of logic applies to you a lot more than it applies to MiR, it applies to you more than any other player in the game sans Handorin who still has to explain his reasoning on this yet.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Why did you dedicate so much time to it then?

He came into the game and he voted you. He made me happy that I wasn't the only one seeing scum in you.
We said before we played it wrong and could've defused the situation earlier (in the VERY SAME POST I am referring to about quotes regarding our Raz stance). You're still not giving reasoning.

Why are you trying to discredit the wagon? Feeling shaky?
What? Do you expect us to roll over and let the wagon reach L-2 without saying anything when every vote (par BLS who hasn't posted in a while) is questionable?

I believe this is an OMGUS(?)
No, it's not. I give reasoning for why I'm on you right now.

Really the problem that I have with MiR is his tunneling of Raz at the beginning, he started to do it and draw attention for it, but when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere he just stopped and made it look like he wasn't doing anything with it. I don't like that because it was weak reasoning and he pushed it to make it look amazing. It wasn't. When he dropped it he started yelling at everyone who even mentioned it later and it just doesn't sit right with me. He feels like he's pushing whoever he feels is most likely to be lynched and just going for them with all his heart, it doesn't feel like he's looking for scum at all tbh.

There's your reasoning.
Oh my god, someone say "broken record". Let me actually get to this later, in a league game now.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Kantrip Kantrip
Would you mind if I ask up for the notes you made for Gorf? It might trigger my memory of where I tried to make the connection.

I must say Kanty, you made a really nice case for me to join in on. Just picked up the bus pass man.

Unvote
Vote: Dabuz

Handorin

Smash Hero
So our wagon hits L-2.

The people on our wagon are a replacement player who I feel legitimately doesn't like us and has actually given me enough to know that his reasons for it are solid and not ****, a guy who so grossly misrepresents us that I can't fathom it as anything more than a giant misunderstanding, a guy who I don't even feel scumreads us anymore, a guy who is legitimately skimming and threw it there just because, and then a newbie who launches at us for...stuff.

Then there's all sorts of mumurings in the background about how we're a scumread because of early game stuff, but I don't care as much about those.

Look at our ****ing wagon. We just hit L-2 in a single page and no one bats an eye. This is after the fact that Gorf already called out the people on our wagon and asked why they were still on it. The only one who I don't blame on this all is BLS because BLS hasn't been here (though, knowing Ryker, he's ****ing lurking for some reason). Gova responded to Gorf by throwing the dabuz wagon back in his face. Hollownote just posts a bunch of arbitrary ****. Hando literally skimmed and saw it was the most popular wagon. Everything dabuz posts comes off from the point of view like he doesn't legitimately scumread us anymore and if he has, he hasn't progressed his read in the slightest.

How is this a town-fueled wagon? Why is no one looking here?

We're still a bit out from deadline but the fact that the game seems like there's no significant pushes happening (I haven't seen any significant pushes come out in pages and no one's pushing a read down significantly like they really have anything strong). Yet, despite our wagon seemingly losing steam and players even calling out that fact, two people jump on the wagon for the most bogus ****.

Why are so many people voting us without trying to read us?

Let's get this **** outta here.
Yo dawg, I skimmed so hard I didn't even know it was a popular. I haven't really liked you all game. I've pinned scum on your chest since my read list.

There's absolutely no reason to like Handorin either. All of this post feels incredibly arbitrary and both your vote and Hando's seems incredibly opportunistic at the moment, given the time they came and the way they came. There's not much justification for anything and it all feels whack.

vote: Hollownote

Hando, pull your scum partner together this is too easy
Dude, remember, we said I'd bus you, then coast to win.

Ew.

This hop gives me chest paints.
What hop? Are you talking about how Politoads hop?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Kantrip Kantrip
Would you mind if I ask up for the notes you made for Gorf? It might trigger my memory of where I tried to make the connection.

I must say Kanty, you made a really nice case for me to join in on. Just picked up the bus pass man.

Unvote
Vote: Dabuz
You want the notes I posted in thread a long time ago that everyone said were weaksauce? Otherwise not sure what notes you're referring to on Gorf.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yo dawg, I skimmed so hard I didn't even know it was a popular. I haven't really liked you all game. I've pinned scum on your chest since my read list.

Dude, remember, we said I'd bus you, then coast to win.

What hop? Are you talking about how Politoads hop?
Yeah but you're not a politoed so we got ourselves a problem. no leap frog for you, I don't like your vote on politoed

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh wait Scary I get you you want the Gorf =/= Politoed notes here you go:

MiR =/= Gorf based on MiR telling Gorf to join him on his RvS wagons. Nothing stopping scummates from doing this of course but just psychologically I see scumMiR picking a townie over a mate just for safety sake.

MiR =/= Gorf from their interactions here

(I didn't actually expand on this at my notes but I made this observation between posts 229 and 235 so that'll give you a place to look)

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
I agree.
The wagon on you is pretty whack.
-Hando didn't even ****ing READ
-From Hollow's content (and the little amount of it), I can assume he didn't read **** either)
-and BLS's vote on you seems pretty OMGUS

protip: If you guys are scum, the LEAST you can do is make it look like you formulated your own opinions
You know what they say about assuming.

What? Do you expect us to roll over and let the wagon reach L-2 without saying anything when every vote (par BLS who hasn't posted in a while) is questionable?
I expect you to give decent reasoning as to why you believe the wagon is in the wrong spot as opposed to why you think the people on the wagon are bad.

Ok so before I get into this let me just say this
You are SO confident I am scum that you don't need to make any more efforts to read me?
^ @ HollowNote HollowNote @ Handorin Handorin
What? I've read you as scum. I'm still reading you as scum. This is really just trying to save yourself attitude.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
There's absolutely no reason to like Handorin either. All of this post feels incredibly arbitrary and both your vote and Hando's seems incredibly opportunistic at the moment, given the time they came and the way they came. There's not much justification for anything and it all feels whack.

vote: Hollownote

Hando, pull your scum partner together this is too easy
Will move if my wagon doesn't hold. Hollow is **** but... And don't hate me for saying this... Isn't quite scummy. Agreed that he's gotta give more or gtfo though.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Will move if my wagon doesn't hold. Hollow is **** but... And don't hate me for saying this... Isn't quite scummy. Agreed that he's gotta give more or gtfo though.
I agree, he really sucks, but he's just being really newby and not active enough, he's not SCUM to me atm

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Nothing inspired the vote, I just wanted to contribute to the wagon because it looked like it was going to get the most momentum and I thought I may as well help Politoed out with his wagon. The question was unrelated to voting him, and voting him was unrelated to having any read on him. I do believe I have already answered this question.
Ok.

Since when? You noted the same thing (I'm assuming this is talking about me noting his town slip?

Also from how he's playing in addition to that early slip, Garg is town.
At first I noted that and thought something similar to you so that by itself isn't an important. I want to know what your read on Garg is without referring to the slip and why that is since I didn't find much else to explain your town read on him in this thread (unless there's something past post 600).

The answer should be obvious. Why are you bulking up your post with rhetorical questions?
They are not rhetorical, I want clarification.

I townread him personally for his reaction but the natural conclusion for people to come to without dragging meta into the equation is that it was all null. When soup gets exasperated as scum, it's usually faked to look like he's reacting like he does as town (unless he does it as scum too and it's legit, but I can't remember this being the case). This would mean that he's not actually as flustered as his posts let on, which would mean he would have no reason to replace out because he wouldn't feel actually overwhelmed like his posts imply. Replacing out means to me (this is a bit WIFOM-y so I understand that people may not agree with it) that it's town soup who is actually overwhelmed and not scum soup faking it.
Ok, so you admit that it's not strong reasoning -because- it's meta but your meta analysis comes to a logical conclusion in that he was indeed overwhelmed. However he could be overwhelmed as scum and I disagree with you that just because he was overwhelmed, it makes him town, IMO it's a null.

You know what else is awkward? This entire post from you that I've been responding to so far. You're asking a lot of questions and insinuating dislike on a lot of things about my play without taking any stance. Are you scumreading me now or something? What's with the hardcore focus on me? Hell, what's with your current playstyle of building walls against one player at a time instead of focusing on... y'know... the game itself?
I'm asking questions so I can get a feel of your slot better and make a solid stance, that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyways, to answer your question. Yes, I had a problem with Gorf liking Handorin's post because I took it to mean a form of agreement (as Gorf's likes to me usually meant he either agrees with the post or finds it humorous), yet what Hando said was opposite to what Gorf had been preaching. So I was trying to get Gorf to explain to me why he liked the post. When he clarified that it was because he thought the post was townie rather than agreeing with it, I was fine with that. Why was that not very easy to grasp just by reading the interaction?
I was not sure if you stated what that conversation did for your read so I decided to ask it here. I'm fine with your explanation.

Worse by whose standards? Handorin had a reads contradiction that was a complete null tell and Hollow didn't really enter the game at all. Your entrace was gross and littered with safe questions that didn't lead anywhere and that you didn't follow up on and a bunch of you being cautious. Since people pointed out that you were trying not to step on toes, you then started going a little harder on some slots, but that was easy to do because people had pointed out what was scummy about your play so you could change it. As far as I'm concerned, your entrance into the game was the worst.

Also, this question is bad, as have the last few questions I've answered from you.
*Shrugs* Fair enough.

It should be really apparent why Fanny is townie. Do you not read him as such?
I want to know why you think that. I stated earlier I think he is town and why but I haven't seen your reasoning for a town read on him.

Stances where you can't take the cop-out response of "I'm focusing on this game chunks at a time and I haven't read them yet" which I have used as scum before and which you have used in this game by only having a read on like... 4 players initially. Until I prodded you to reread some people and get more reads for me, but that took me asking rather than you just wanting to do it.
That's how I am. It's a lot harder and less thoughtful to read everyone at once then by looking at certain slots and looking at them in depth. (especially when some people don't enough content to read)

Because if convinced I could see myself going that route. That pool was a pool of people I could see myself lynching based on how the Day progressed, not people I would lynch on the spot.
Ok, so basically you weren't sure if you could be convinced to lynch him but didn't want to rule him out toDay so that's why he was a part of the pool?

No Toed was not a townread. "Swap toed for gorf" meant on BLS's lynch pool he had Toed there, I would put Gorf there instead. Didn't mean switch the two reads entirely. Toed was more of a null there if I recall correctly
Bad reading comprehension on my part :L

Are you dense? I was asking Politoed what he thought. That doesn't mean it reflects my own thoughts or opinions.
It looked like you were putting some of your own thoughts into the question but if you say you weren't there's nothing more to ask about that.

Do you think that was scummy? I dare you to say yes so I can call you out for how hard you're reaching. All I can call you out for now is your non-committal push on me where you imply you don't like things about me but ask a bunch of dumb questions instead of trying to show other people why you don't like me. It's grimy.
So, to ask again. What about Gova after talking to him changed your opinion on the slot?

Because I hadn't read Toed myself and was taking other people's word based on their interpretations. Why is the flip-flopping scummy? If you look and read and have a brain and are town it's quite clear to see my thought process.

I read it and didn't see your thought process so I wanted to know. I never said this flip flopping is scummy, so there's no need to get defensive about it.

I'm pretty sure I already posted this as I reread.
I didn't go past post 600 so possibly.

No I don't think you're safe regardless of alignment. Less active maybe, more careful maybe, but when you're town you're not afraid to form actual opinions. Your style of making walls questioning your scumreads rather than just tackling them is so gross.
Meh, you don't know my meta well if you don't think i'm safe as either alignment.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I expect you to give decent reasoning as to why you believe the wagon is in the wrong spot as opposed to why you think the people on the wagon are bad.
Look at the ****ing wagon. There's no sense for it. I already laid out my thoughts on each of the people voting it and that's how I know and how others should know that it's in a bad spot. This isn't based on some defensive ****, it's pointing out that the people on the wagon have no reason to be there (based on what they've said) and the votes get continually worse as you go down the people voting it and for why.

I'd Perish Song my Kingdra if everyone on my wagon were actually town. That is not a town-fueled wagon.

What? I've read you as scum. I'm still reading you as scum. This is really just trying to save yourself attitude.
Gee it'd be nice to see something behind it instead of "I think you're scum because reasons."

I mean
um sorry but no I read, I have my reads, I have my reasons. The end.
c'mon. There's no sense for this ****. Your reads are based on me being scum for tired old rehashed **** but the read itself is not advancing. It's not based on anything now, let alone anything even recent and instead of judging members for genuine reactions you turn around and use the simple basis of disliking us as reasons to like other slots. That's entirely why you have townreads on BLS and Handorin (Hando you like more even though he's said less on why he dislikes us). This is some weak ass ****.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Unvote
This wagon looks bad.
Get on the dabuz wagon with us, bro

In all seriousness though, this turn-around from you is sketching me out; it's making me think you're just doing it to look inconspicuous after we called out most of the MiR wagon being illegitimate.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Nah, I was planning to get off later anyway if MiR continued to play the way he did after the whole Raziek dispute since I started to like the play. (See post #660)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
MiR vs. BLS is painful to read because the arguments just go in a circle and I don't see it going anywhere. I like MiR's more recent posts when not talking about Raz/ BLS and it would be cool if he could get a chance to push some other slots and not defend the Raz thing from earlier on.
This doesn't speak with much conviction for me.
You just said that you like MiR's more recent posts, but you didn't "like" it with enough conviction to unvote them up until now, when it's awfully convenient to do so.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Correct, and i'm happy it is. I kept the vote on because I liked MiR's more recent posts, but keeping the vote on would at least pressure him to continue posting outside of Raziek/ Soup stuff and make it easier to read him, comparatively I didn't see anywhere else where my vote would have as much impact. Having the vote there until now also makes the wagon look like a thing, and sometimes good ways to catch scum are simply see who joins a wagon and how.

Kantrip

Kantplay

In all seriousness though, this turn-around from you is sketching me out; it's making me think you're just doing it to look inconspicuous after we called out most of the MiR wagon being illegitimate.
And this isn't the first time dabuz has changed his play to steer away from what people said was scummy.

"dabuz is scummy he's scared to step on toes"

his future posts are more aggressive

"dabuz is scummy he's not scumhunting he's just asking questions"

his future posts show a drastic change in playstyle to one that looks like he's scumhunting

"this MiR wagon is so scummy"

dabuz reconsiders his Toed scumread and gets off the wagon

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Correct, and i'm happy it is. I kept the vote on because I liked MiR's more recent posts, but keeping the vote on would at least pressure him to continue posting outside of Raziek/ Soup stuff and make it easier to read him, comparatively I didn't see anywhere else where my vote would have as much impact. Having the vote there until now also makes the wagon look like a thing, and sometimes good ways to catch scum are simply see who joins a wagon and how.
You got off the wagon as soon as we painted in a bad light with Hollow and Hando's illegitimacy though.

Handorin

Smash Hero

Dude, illegitimate?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Well I had my read reconsidered about 200 posts back, but like I said, best place to keep my vote for pressure and bait out some bad reasons to wagon.

Top Bottom