• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Self-reminder to follow up on these.

Dabuz answered in 524. I'm fine with the answer, but it seems somewhat snappy for a rather innocuous question.

I like Kantrip's 549. Very pointed questions to ask. Same with 553.

Garg's 555 on Soup re-directing pressure toward MiR is very on-point. +points for Garg.

Really like Kantrip's self-reflection in 561. Re-evaluating his Gorf stance and not trying to doggedly push it sits well with me. The only thing that stands out....

@ Kantrip Kantrip : Why mention being paranoid about your Gova town read? That seems strange to me, given that I think most people (including myself) are town-reading him.

Like Gorf 579 on Dabuz.

Dabuz 603 is whack. He left out the grand majority of Gova's interaction with MiR over their read on my slot. That interaction (Gova v MiR) is a big part of why I'm town-reading Gova.

Dabuz 608 is garbage. Reason 2 on "Not being able to push while BEING pushed is flat out wrong." 3rd point is not that accurate and relatively anecdotal. I was Town-reading Soup coming out of that initial wagon, and apparently so was Dabuz, but his reasons for doing so don't make sense.

Unsure what to make of MiR's 613. There's a lot of **** that just feels like a shouting contest.

Cool, Gova also covered how Dabuz's 603 was whack.

Like MiR's 627.

Alright. Don't like Dabuz's posts that I've read so far. MiR v BLS reads to me (as I think..... you put it?) like married couple bickering. Which I expected, because Ryker and Laundry are at each other's throats, when otherwise they're normally in the same slot. I do agree with Gorf, yes.

Feeling moderately okay with Toed after 657.

Stopping here for now, supper time.
I think only thing I'd not entirely not agree with you on Dabuz is his 608, especially his reason #2 since that was the post that made me rethink about the vote on Soup. I think I'd agree with that if the wagon soup would have formed outside of RVS, but given the RVS context, that could have been Soup trying to get reads out of MiR. I really don't know what to make of that anymore, caus everyone says that's how Soup reacts regardless of alignment. That's something I didn't consider until I read his post. I am still waiting on BLS to get back to me on the questions I made and elaboration of his read list.

Also yeah, Double Married couple, to be precise.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Okay so this is where I have a problem with your push on Raz. I'm sure you've probably answered it but I'm in the process of rereading the interaction and needed to take note of a few things.

1. You say he dodged everything going on. He agrees that he did this and asserts that the reason is, as you should know (his words), that he doesn't contribute to things in RVS he doesn't see going anywhere.

2. You say he *********** the direction of RVS by refusing to get involved in what was going on. I can't understand this point of view because, if anything, ignoring the happenings did the exact opposite of cockblocking them. Raz has said he didn't think the current happenings were going to go anywhere. Rather than white-knighting soup before pressure built up or saying in-thread "guys this isn't going to go anywhere," he just ignored it so that it could at least play out. How is this cockblocking anything?

3. Raziek argues that instead of joining the wagon or answering the question you asked him that he deemed pointless, he asked soup a number of questions and tried to delve into the wagon in a different way later.

Are any of these points incorrect? Because if all three of those things I said are right, it means you didn't have any reason to have a problem with Raziek (if we're going by your stated reasons in the above post I quoted).
This topic's played out. Raz clarified on the actions after we made our point, only before that we had an issue with his early game. Everything after was just clarification of why we disliked him in the first place.

That third point is also not relevant. There is no "instead", there was just his early game which was what it was. Later on he made better posts.

We're really ready to put this **** to rest I don't even know why I'm replying to this.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Yes and no. Basically, I don't think Soup wants to throw temper tantrums regardless of alignment.
HIM THROWING A TEMPER TANTRUM IS NOT WHAT'S SCUMMY

There's more to it.

beautiful
but its not big red text

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
huh funny

your presence was smaller than mine

and i thought to myself

what a wonderful world

and my later posts from your POV probably didnt bring anything to the table because they were explanations or clarifications

wagon on you is dumb; needs further extrapolation

not sure why people are on you other than LM meta which i must have completely missed
I agree in that he mainly makes observations, what do you make of that?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I don't believe he said that

Something about Dabuz bothers me on a fundamental level. Idek what

OH btw what's with the dumpter fire thing?

I don't like Gargaglione right now. He's turning questions.

MiR bothers me with his constant pressure on Raz. It's not going anywhere especially with the Soup thing happening at the same time.

BLS makes me happy

Really don't like MiR atm.

Gorf's annoying at best

Gova's not really making an impression on me atm

I like that Handorin's on my side with the reads.

Handorin makes me happier than BLS

MiR feels like he's discrediting Handorin in 433

I really don't like Gargaglione

Not this week.

Don't like 503 how MiR is making it seem like his push on Raz ( which was going on way too long) was not his first priority.

It's funny that my scum reads are fighting amoungst themselves.

Like gova at 520

(I've only made it halfway through ;-; )

I REALLY like gova's 520.

Dabuzs 524 made me feel better about him

I'm not happy with the Dabuz wagon

MiR what's your read on Garg?

I am not ok with a Dabuz lynch. At all.

vote: MiR plz
This.
This kinda **** gets to me man.

We've been through this. Find the posts addressed @ BLS and I quote and link multiple posts that accentuate the fact that our vote string ("pressure" or "push", as you call it) was regarding HIS FIRST THREE POSTS. Alright? Alright.

Garg is town-lean.

Why does BLS make you happy?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu
Request votecount!

I think MiR at L-2 but I'm sure. Better to check lol.

@ Fandangox Fandangox
What if I don't wanna drink anymore for a little bit lol? Will it bug you if I said that I cannot really find where I made such connections? It was kinda like Potassium's reads in the subtle manner that they were defending each other through the soup scum wagon. Truthfully could be just simple coincidence that I may have put on a pedestal while I had my tasty beers. Feel like I may have to bust out my old AP English stuffs so I can remember diction and tone lol. Sorry dude.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
So our wagon hits L-2.

The people on our wagon are a replacement player who I feel legitimately doesn't like us and has actually given me enough to know that his reasons for it are solid and not ****, a guy who so grossly misrepresents us that I can't fathom it as anything more than a giant misunderstanding, a guy who I don't even feel scumreads us anymore, a guy who is legitimately skimming and threw it there just because, and then a newbie who launches at us for...stuff.

Then there's all sorts of mumurings in the background about how we're a scumread because of early game stuff, but I don't care as much about those.

Look at our ****ing wagon. We just hit L-2 in a single page and no one bats an eye. This is after the fact that Gorf already called out the people on our wagon and asked why they were still on it. The only one who I don't blame on this all is BLS because BLS hasn't been here (though, knowing Ryker, he's ****ing lurking for some reason). Gova responded to Gorf by throwing the dabuz wagon back in his face. Hollownote just posts a bunch of arbitrary ****. Hando literally skimmed and saw it was the most popular wagon. Everything dabuz posts comes off from the point of view like he doesn't legitimately scumread us anymore and if he has, he hasn't progressed his read in the slightest.

How is this a town-fueled wagon? Why is no one looking here?

We're still a bit out from deadline but the fact that the game seems like there's no significant pushes happening (I haven't seen any significant pushes come out in pages and no one's pushing a read down significantly like they really have anything strong). Yet, despite our wagon seemingly losing steam and players even calling out that fact, two people jump on the wagon for the most bogus ****.

Why are so many people voting us without trying to read us?

Let's get this **** outta here.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I like that Handorin's on my side with the reads.

Handorin makes me happier than BLS

MiR feels like he's discrediting Handorin in 433
There's absolutely no reason to like Handorin either. All of this post feels incredibly arbitrary and both your vote and Hando's seems incredibly opportunistic at the moment, given the time they came and the way they came. There's not much justification for anything and it all feels whack.

vote: Hollownote

Hando, pull your scum partner together this is too easy

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hmmmmm,

You really do have a point tho MiR. The last two to jump on the wagon are really looking hella bad. Handorin especially. Popular wagon AHOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!!!!!!!

@Handorin
catch back up and put something down with some subsistence. Your vote looks super bad and ya boy Hollownote bugs me.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I think they're funny rather than annoying but okay.
The point I was making is that's a stupid approach and a big ****ton of wifom and both heads here dislike such an approach intensely.
Next time, just try to use the collapse thing doe. It's just annoying to have it take up like my whole screen

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@ Fandangox Fandangox
What if I don't wanna drink anymore for a little bit lol? Will it bug you if I said that I cannot really find where I made such connections? It was kinda like Potassium's reads in the subtle manner that they were defending each other through the soup scum wagon. Truthfully could be just simple coincidence that I may have put on a pedestal while I had my tasty beers. Feel like I may have to bust out my old AP English stuffs so I can remember diction and tone lol. Sorry dude.
Its alright no need to apologize. like I get that, sometimes you just gotta follow your gut, but I don't think mafia is one of those times unless you are prepared to really dig into that gut feeling. Remember that part of the game is to put our thoughts out there so other players can evaluate them and see if they agree or disagree. I guess it just sort of annoys me when people make comments on gut feelings, and when people ask them to please elaborate on them they obviously can't because well, gut feelings.

@Fanny: Where your head @ regarding BLS atm?
I am still being cautious on them. I don't feel as strongly anymore about my vote on Soup, because of the multiple points people have brought up. Like on Soup's play my only gripe is still that he tried to deflect the heat from him, but considering the phase of the game where his wagon formed, I don't know if that's the best way to tackle a case on him on that.

However I still have my vote on that slot cause Top Deck BLS hasn't really done anything to make me feel better about his slot. His entire involvement in the game post-replacement has been just pretty much defending his slot, I have already asked him like 3 times to elaborate on that read list he made.

On a wagon on Hollownote, I think I'd rather go for a Handorin lynch instead. These two worst telling actions have been hoping on an opportunistic wagon with very vague reasoning (Hollownote) and no reason at all (Handorin). I don't know if Handorin is busy or whatever, but he is not trying at all.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
There's absolutely no reason to like Handorin either. All of this post feels incredibly arbitrary and both your vote and Hando's seems incredibly opportunistic at the moment, given the time they came and the way they came. There's not much justification for anything and it all feels whack.

Ey, man.
I really do not like both Hando and Hollow atm, but i think we should focus our attention on people who are both active and scummy.

they're both just inactive and newby right now.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Its alright no need to apologize. like I get that, sometimes you just gotta follow your gut, but I don't think mafia is one of those times unless you are prepared to really dig into that gut feeling. Remember that part of the game is to put our thoughts out there so other players can evaluate them and see if they agree or disagree. I guess it just sort of annoys me when people make comments on gut feelings, and when people ask them to please elaborate on them they obviously can't because well, gut feelings.
Welp, in my case....Beer feelings. I know what ya mean man.

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
@Handorin @ HollowNote HollowNote Can you two please explain your reasoning beyond "I didn't like it"

Have a hard time deciding which of you two is the worst here.
Didn't like what? Be more specific.

This.
This kinda **** gets to me man.
We've been through this. Find the posts addressed @ BLS and I quote and link multiple posts that accentuate the fact that our vote string ("pressure" or "push", as you call it) was regarding HIS FIRST THREE POSTS. Alright? Alright.
Garg is town-lean.
Why does BLS make you happy?
Why did you dedicate so much time to it then?

He came into the game and he voted you. He made me happy that I wasn't the only one seeing scum in you.

So our wagon hits L-2.
The people on our wagon are a replacement player who I feel legitimately doesn't like us and has actually given me enough to know that his reasons for it are solid and not ****, a guy who so grossly misrepresents us that I can't fathom it as anything more than a giant misunderstanding, a guy who I don't even feel scumreads us anymore, a guy who is legitimately skimming and threw it there just because, and then a newbie who launches at us for...stuff.
Then there's all sorts of mumurings in the background about how we're a scumread because of early game.
Why are you trying to discredit the wagon? Feeling shaky?

I believe this is an OMGUS(?)

Really the problem that I have with MiR is his tunneling of Raz at the beginning, he started to do it and draw attention for it, but when he realized that it wasn't going anywhere he just stopped and made it look like he wasn't doing anything with it. I don't like that because it was weak reasoning and he pushed it to make it look amazing. It wasn't. When he dropped it he started yelling at everyone who even mentioned it later and it just doesn't sit right with me. He feels like he's pushing whoever he feels is most likely to be lynched and just going for them with all his heart, it doesn't feel like he's looking for scum at all tbh.

There's your reasoning.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
How is this a town-fueled wagon? Why is no one looking here?
I agree.
The wagon on you is pretty whack.
-Hando didn't even ****ing READ
-From Hollow's content (and the little amount of it), I can assume he didn't read **** either)
-and BLS's vote on you seems pretty OMGUS

protip: If you guys are scum, the LEAST you can do is make it look like you formulated your own opinions

Kantrip

Kantplay
back from my first day of work, exhausted but I'll see what I can get to

@ Kantrip Kantrip
Level with me, for these are musings. On one of my read throughs while I was catching up I've noticed very subtle interaction between Gorf and MiR. There a chance that they could be on the same team? I already know you still have it out for gorf, so maybe while looking over his stuff along with MiR there might be something? Probably just me seeing MiR defend gorf a little from your "gut reads" but it couldn't to look into it perhaps.
I have in my notes that I think the opposite. Based on one of their interactions I think that they are not on the same scumteam. I can dig it up if you wanna see what I was thinking.
Felt like I skimmed over Potassium a bit too much this game, decided to reread and have questions for him.

(#58 + 59)

I glazed over this before but now i'm wondering, what inspired this vote? Looking at it, it seems like you found a vague thing Soup said and decided to vote him for it.
Nothing inspired the vote, I just wanted to contribute to the wagon because it looked like it was going to get the most momentum and I thought I may as well help Politoed out with his wagon. The question was unrelated to voting him, and voting him was unrelated to having any read on him. I do believe I have already answered this question.

Huh, looking back on this it's way to easy a thing to dismiss Garg on. Feelings on Garg ATM?
Since when? You noted the same thing (I'm assuming this is talking about me noting his town slip?

Also from how he's playing in addition to that early slip, Garg is town.

And they don't respond similarly to what to expect (as town anyway), you presume scum?
The answer should be obvious. Why are you bulking up your post with rhetorical questions?

Huh? You said Soup's reaction looked town yet you pointed out in this post how he might use such exasperated reactions as scum as well...which would lead to null. Your real claim here is that scum soup would not replace out because he would still try to win, but that's extremely faulty logic. What about him as a player makes replacing out the town action?
I townread him personally for his reaction but the natural conclusion for people to come to without dragging meta into the equation is that it was all null. When soup gets exasperated as scum, it's usually faked to look like he's reacting like he does as town (unless he does it as scum too and it's legit, but I can't remember this being the case). This would mean that he's not actually as flustered as his posts let on, which would mean he would have no reason to replace out because he wouldn't feel actually overwhelmed like his posts imply. Replacing out means to me (this is a bit WIFOM-y so I understand that people may not agree with it) that it's town soup who is actually overwhelmed and not scum soup faking it.

(Page 9/ 10) This entire string of posts is awkward. Potassium, was Gorf liking Hando's post -really- important to you? You didn't point it out when saying things about Gorf you don't like and when Gorf explained why he liked the post you dropped it like it wasn't important. What was your actual intent behind asking Gorf about his liking Hando's post or did you get anything out of it?
You know what else is awkward? This entire post from you that I've been responding to so far. You're asking a lot of questions and insinuating dislike on a lot of things about my play without taking any stance. Are you scumreading me now or something? What's with the hardcore focus on me? Hell, what's with your current playstyle of building walls against one player at a time instead of focusing on... y'know... the game itself?

Anyways, to answer your question. Yes, I had a problem with Gorf liking Handorin's post because I took it to mean a form of agreement (as Gorf's likes to me usually meant he either agrees with the post or finds it humorous), yet what Hando said was opposite to what Gorf had been preaching. So I was trying to get Gorf to explain to me why he liked the post. When he clarified that it was because he thought the post was townie rather than agreeing with it, I was fine with that. Why was that not very easy to grasp just by reading the interaction?

BTW, why point out me here when there were other slots with worse entrances? (Hando, Hollownote probably prod dodged at some point by this post)
Worse by whose standards? Handorin had a reads contradiction that was a complete null tell and Hollow didn't really enter the game at all. Your entrace was gross and littered with safe questions that didn't lead anywhere and that you didn't follow up on and a bunch of you being cautious. Since people pointed out that you were trying not to step on toes, you then started going a little harder on some slots, but that was easy to do because people had pointed out what was scummy about your play so you could change it. As far as I'm concerned, your entrance into the game was the worst.

Also, this question is bad, as have the last few questions I've answered from you.

(430 you were asked about your read on Fanny) What makes him town in your opinion? I don't remember seeing you commenting on him earlier in the game.
It should be really apparent why Fanny is townie. Do you not read him as such?

Just going to say that I still don't like this post. What do you get out of forcing me to assign leans to players who I have as null?
Stances where you can't take the cop-out response of "I'm focusing on this game chunks at a time and I haven't read them yet" which I have used as scum before and which you have used in this game by only having a read on like... 4 players initially. Until I prodded you to reread some people and get more reads for me, but that took me asking rather than you just wanting to do it.

Why put Politoed in your possible lynch pool if you seem so uncertain on the slot? Like you asked what makes him scum, Gova gave a very brief answer, you remembered you didn't like Politoed pushing Soup but liked how he did it, and I just don't see where you developed the thought process of: "Yeah, I guess Politoed can be lynched."
Because if convinced I could see myself going that route. That pool was a pool of people I could see myself lynching based on how the Day progressed, not people I would lynch on the spot.

(485/486) So at this moment Politoed was a town lean for you? This is coming right after you put Politoed in your maybe lynch pool.
No Toed was not a townread. "Swap toed for gorf" meant on BLS's lynch pool he had Toed there, I would put Gorf there instead. Didn't mean switch the two reads entirely. Toed was more of a null there if I recall correctly

What?

I'm confused, did you not find Gova's case on Politoed to be valid?
Are you dense? I was asking Politoed what he thought. That doesn't mean it reflects my own thoughts or opinions.

Do you think that was scummy? I dare you to say yes so I can call you out for how hard you're reaching. All I can call you out for now is your non-committal push on me where you imply you don't like things about me but ask a bunch of dumb questions instead of trying to show other people why you don't like me. It's grimy.

I get the feeling this may have been answered, but what about Gova after talking to him changed your view on the slot?

Seriously, you keep flip flopping on Politoed, like, um, why?

Why paranoid @ Gova? (and a few moments later it is answered)
Because I hadn't read Toed myself and was taking other people's word based on their interpretations. Why is the flip-flopping scummy? If you look and read and have a brain and are town it's quite clear to see my thought process.

Potassium, I want some solid thoughts on Politoed from you. No quoting other players, just your own interpretation.
I'm pretty sure I already posted this as I reread.

Something to note, you've been in a few games with me. Wouldn't you say i'm a safe player regardless of alignment? (Outside of that recent mini, I went into the mini not giving a damn because it was a mini)

Anyway, just stuff I felt needed to be asked when I reread you and looked at you in depth. Still not done reading you but don't have time to finish right now. (Note to self up to post 600)
No I don't think you're safe regardless of alignment. Less active maybe, more careful maybe, but when you're town you're not afraid to form actual opinions. Your style of making walls questioning your scumreads rather than just tackling them is so gross.

@the REST OF TOWN: Please read through this post even though it's mainly responses to dabuz because it has valuable information on why he's scum and why we should be lynching him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I didn't think that it was really worth it to comment on things already commented on.

Garg I do think that you're turning questions around because whenever anyone asks you anything you immediately turn it on them. LIke if I asked you "why do you think x is town?" I've seen you several times go "Why do you think I think x is town?"

Gorf you're annoying me because all your reads are conflicting with mine.
Could you show some examples of this?

Maybe flesh out a mini case on Garg because I don't see your hate for him?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@the REST OF TOWN: Please read through this post even though it's mainly responses to dabuz because it has valuable information on why he's scum and why we should be lynching him.
You accidentally tagged a user going by the name of "the". Jajajajajaja

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Kantrip Kantrip : Why mention being paranoid about your Gova town read? That seems strange to me, given that I think most people (including myself) are town-reading him.
It's a problem I have as town where I constantly get paranoid and doubt things when I look from another angle. Really, I have no problem with Gova and that could have gone better unsaid with some reflecting out-of-thread. That's what the notes thing is supposed to be helping me with but sometimes impulsively posting stuff leaks through.

So I see you like the dabuz wagon. Are you on it? If no, do you want to be? I saved you a cushion.

Top Bottom