• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
My drunk post is good?!?! LOLZ! I had about 6 or 7 Guinness black lagers and a few IPAs the other night. Delicious!! Normally, nowhere near enough to buzz me but I didn't really eat yesterday so they hit pretty good.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Felt like I skimmed over Potassium a bit too much this game, decided to reread and have questions for him.

Vote: soup
What did you forget was a thing in F&L?
(#58 + 59)

I glazed over this before but now i'm wondering, what inspired this vote? Looking at it, it seems like you found a vague thing Soup said and decided to vote him for it.

So what you're telling me is you are not responsible for the slot's death, which means you're not on either scumteam.

Awesome. :)
Huh, looking back on this it's way to easy a thing to dismiss Garg on. Feelings on Garg ATM?

Is this in response to the reads I asked for? I don't see why you can't at least give me the courtesy of answering. You can give it in three words like Gorf did, I don't need reasoning.

If you must know, sometimes I remember how certain players obtain reads or I find myself meshing with their thought processes in certain games. I see some posts from certain players and think about how X player would read that post. So I ask that player about the post and see if they respond similarly to what I'd expect. For example, asking Raziek for his read on Gorf and asking Gorf for his read on soup when I did further up the page.
And they don't respond similarly to what to expect (as town anyway), you presume scum?

I think there was absolutely nothing wrong with the soup wagon forming.

But I think everyone should have checked out when Raziek did. Still being on-board after soup replaced out is whack to me because his reaction totally looks town.

When soup is scum he fakes his exasperated reactions because it fits with his meta. He would not replace out if it was faked because he would still be playing the game and trying to win.
Huh? You said Soup's reaction looked town yet you pointed out in this post how he might use such exasperated reactions as scum as well...which would lead to null. Your real claim here is that scum soup would not replace out because he would still try to win, but that's extremely faulty logic. What about him as a player makes replacing out the town action?

Wondering why Gorf liked the above post from Handorin
Wondering if you're going to scum hunt any time soon
Yeah that was serious and his play has still been good.

Actively? Probably less so. But hell yeah I'll find both teams.
Also I'm still wondering this. Could you actually give an answer? Thanks man
Dabuz/you I guess

Also I'm still wondering this. Can you actually scum hunt? Thanks man
Gorf seriously I'm trying to do what you're asking for right now I just really actually want to know what about Handorin's post meshed with you. Please man don't ****block my attempts to read you.
And don't cockblock my attempts to read Handorin kthx 4 pg bump.
Gorf is the slot I liked least while reading

Gorf #107 - Don't like that he added "not yet, at least" when saying he didn't see me as scum. Seems like an unnecessary statement to put at the end of the paragraph. It's a back-door that he probably didn't even mean to put in his post, but it comes about as a result of being cautious with your wording to ensure a hard-stance you take can't bite you later. Indicative of scum but it's a very slight tell. Gorf still null but this is of note.

Gorf #128 - Don't like the way he's going about this. Asking soup a very loaded, almost rhetorical question that pertains to calling his actions scummy rather than displaying it to the rest of town. Doesn't read like someone who has the intent to read players to find the scum.

Gorf #147 - Going off of really textbook tells and using mechanical reasoning to pin soup when soup is an emotional player that you can't pin off of his actions because he will do scummy and/or self-preservational things completely counter-intuitive to what he says his agenda is. I feel like Gorf should know this and things are stacking up against Gorf quite a bit here. Scum lean.

K I guess I can say it since Hando's behind and he probz won't read this before he reads my question.

I liked his post because, from a townHando POV, one that is (likely) behind and is also an ancient, I can very much see him not bothering to be ecstatic about reading a slot that always gets itself into some shiz. As scum I feel like he'd feel forced to take a stance, maybe just leaving out the fact that he didn't bother with a read on it and just saying that he'd later read it and post an opinion. Seems genuine to me, and the question was to clarify the fact that he's behind.
Thank you.

My confusion was in the fact that I often use your likes to mean you either agree or you are amused, but in this case it was literally just because you found his post townie. Is that about right?
(Page 9/ 10) This entire string of posts is awkward. Potassium, was Gorf liking Hando's post -really- important to you? You didn't point it out when saying things about Gorf you don't like and when Gorf explained why he liked the post you dropped it like it wasn't important. What was your actual intent behind asking Gorf about his liking Hando's post or did you get anything out of it?

Oh yeah I'd lynch dabuns, his entrance in the game was a bunch of safe questions and then there was no follow-up.
BTW, why point out me here when there were other slots with worse entrances? (Hando, Hollownote probably prod dodged at some point by this post)

(430 you were asked about your read on Fanny) What makes him town in your opinion? I don't remember seeing you commenting on him earlier in the game.

@ Dabuz Dabuz could you post a full reads list? Try to assign leans to null reads when possible.
Just going to say that I still don't like this post. What do you get out of forcing me to assign leans to players who I have as null?

Someone convince me on Politoed scum, I'm not seeing it
@Potassium

analyze this post

:gova: :teehee:
You cute slipped, that's a total adorable tell.
okay now if you had ignored it and then i asked you to analyze it later but you refused because it was pointless

i would call you bad/scummy/synonym

and that was an ELI5: of why i don't like MiR pushing raz

soup wagon is null, someone was gonna get wagoned,

soup emotional arguments could have merit depending on who you ask, i personally dont think they do
meh, @Potassium, you're probs better off going back and re-reading it. i don't feel like i did it justice
I liked your method there though, even if it didn't work too well with the message you were trying to convey.

So is the main point against Politoed their push against Raz?
yeah, pretty much

i dont know if you were in scott pilgrim mafia but pushing soup for his emotional play is not something im keen on

marshy as scum did the same thing to badwolf who was town

marshy got copped for it that night by J
Yeah I was in that game and I vaguely remember that.

Politoed isn't the only slot pushing soup for his emotional play, but he is one of the only slots doing it who should know better. I think the other one is Gorf. There was some reason I liked Politoed's approach to it better though that I can't recall. I think it was more because he was trying to show others what he saw while Gorf was just talking soup into the ground about why he was scum. It's generally more townie when someone is trying to showcase their reads to the rest of town rather than just spending their time telling their scumread why they are scum.

When I was reading I saw the Toed vs Raz as TvT where Raziek looked better just because he was right and Politoed was being stupid. The distinction is that I can't see the scum intent for Politoed tunneling Raziek for something as stupid as not answering a dumb RVS question. It's strange behaviour for sure but I'm yet to be convinced that it's scum motivated.
I've yet to read past the point where Handorin comes into the question in-depth (though I skimmed a bit and saw a lot of contradictions in Hando's reads/reasoning). I'll get at that probably this evening and see where I stand with Hando.

Other than that I can see myself lynching Gorf, dabuz, Scary, HollowNote, and maybe Politoed.

Back later
Why put Politoed in your possible lynch pool if you seem so uncertain on the slot? Like you asked what makes him scum, Gova gave a very brief answer, you remembered you didn't like Politoed pushing Soup but liked how he did it, and I just don't see where you developed the thought process of: "Yeah, I guess Politoed can be lynched."

Reads list.

1. HollowNote null
2. Handorin null
3. Gargaglione town
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) scum lean
5. Gorf town lean
6. Raziek town lean
8. dabuz null
10. Fandangox town lean
11. Gova town
12. ScaryLB59 town lean
13. Potassium town

Lynch pool

1. Mir
2. HollowNote
3/4. Handorin
3/4. Dabuz

That's where we stand discuss.
All I'd do is swap Toed for Gorf. Is the Toed read just from his behaviour towards Raz, or is the soup wagon a part of it? Similarly, how do you feel about how Gorf's stayed on your slot after the soup explosion?
(485/486) So at this moment Politoed was a town lean for you? This is coming right after you put Politoed in your maybe lynch pool.

I'm definitely not scared of you, some posts just raise red flags.

I feel confident that dabuns/Hando/Politoed/HollowNote/you hold scum. Probably not all the scum, but definitely some.
Ummmmm

@ Dabuz Dabuz - of all players to call null for little content I don't think Gova falls into that category. I don't know about you but I find he's generated a lot of content in this game.

@Make it Rain! What do you make of Gova's interaction with you recently? Do you think he's reaching or misrepresenting your actions to make his case? Do you think it's scummy or just wrong?
I'm confused, did you not find Gova's case on Politoed to be valid?

I will admit now that I didn't really read back for myself and did take Gova's word for how he said things went down because I trusted him as a townread of mine. Before talking to Gova I was saying that I didn't see the case on you. Would you say that what Gova told me (and later used to argue with you) is inaccurate in a scummy way or just a townie misreading you way?

I think this wagon that has formed on you is more valuable than the soup wagon and I kind of want to know who you think is town/scum on it.
I get the feeling this may have been answered, but what about Gova after talking to him changed your view on the slot?

Politoed I have more as null because I can't see scum intent to all the problems people seem to have with him and everything I've been disliking is stuff I've heard second-hand through other people that they could have been totally off-base on. I don't want to see the slot lynched right now because unlike some other slots they are valuable to have around if they're town and I don't really buy into the possibility that they are scum as of yet without going off what other people are saying.

I thought Gova was my biggest townread but I'm starting to get a little paranoid about that line of thinking
Seriously, you keep flip flopping on Politoed, like, um, why?

Why paranoid @ Gova? (and a few moments later it is answered)

Because reading your posts about why the hate on you is unfounded makes as much sense as the posts that Gova and Rykerseph used to convince me that it was very well-founded and I realize I'm being too easily impressionable and really need to go back and read it for myself but I actually kind of get the sense that what Rykerseph and Gova were telling me was kind of bogus
Potassium, I want some solid thoughts on Politoed from you. No quoting other players, just your own interpretation.

brief synopsis on dabuz posted a few posts up to gorf: dabuz playing safe, I actually like his more recent posts more than his opening posts but his questions read as the very safe and easy kind to ask without stepping on anyone's toes. Looks like that's more important than scum hunting, and as has been said, looks like Luigi's Mansion.

Luigi's Mansion was a recent game I hosted where dabuz was scum and he played in a way that I'm seeing similarities to in this game
Something to note, you've been in a few games with me. Wouldn't you say i'm a safe player regardless of alignment? (Outside of that recent mini, I went into the mini not giving a damn because it was a mini)

Anyway, just stuff I felt needed to be asked when I reread you and looked at you in depth. Still not done reading you but don't have time to finish right now. (Note to self up to post 600)

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
Ok so I was hit with some nasty stomach bug or something. I'm using today to catch up

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary
@ Fandangox Fandangox

What are your stances on Gorf, Kantplay, and dabuz?
Also, when exactly do you plan to vote on dabuz as well?
I am leaning Town on Gorf and Potassium.

Gorf has been present through the game pressuring other slots and while I initially saw his vote on dabuz as the weakest of the three, after re-reading I got a better understanding on it. I still want @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf to answer that question I made about Raz last (two?) page.

I have been liking his play, one thing I don't like is that he is a bit uncooperative about certain questions. Like when Potassium asked him why he liked Handorin's post and he avoided the question for a few number of posts. Same when Potassium asked him to explain again why he voted Soup. Town lean so far though.

On Potassium I was a bit weary of him at first, since he hoped on the soup wagon, made like two posts after that, and didn't appear again until page 8 or so. After that however, I liked his play a lot more, he started with a few safe questions, but then started getting more into the game. His reason for voting Gorf was very weak and did raise a red flag there.

On Dabuz I am null. I didn't like his entry into the game and only started to like his play till very recent. His back and forth with garg was odd, didn't seem to me like Dabuz got much out of that, and Garg ended up voting Dabuz as a result. I am not sure how I feel about a dabuz lynch this phase.

I still want to hear back from Raz and Top Deck before deciding on a vote. I want @Top Deck BLS to please elaborate on his read list, this is the the third time I ask.

@ Gova Gova Haven't seen you post in a while, are you caught up? What do you make of RECENT HAPPENINGS? (The votes on Dabuz, my points on Raz, reads on players?

@ #HBC | Scary #HBC | Scary What's this smhancy fancy royal rumble you keep talking about?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@Potassium
Level with me, for these are musings. On one of my read throughs while I was catching up I've noticed very subtle interaction between Gorf and MiR. There a chance that they could be on the same team? I already know you still have it out for gorf, so maybe while looking over his stuff along with MiR there might be something? Probably just me seeing MiR defend gorf a little from your "gut reads" but it couldn't to look into it perhaps.
Could you point out thsse interactions please?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Someone give me a tl;dr that I can read quickly as I figure out my car stuff.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@ Gova Gova exactly. You guys are scum reading him for reasons that aren't scummy. The posts you liked are the flaw in his logic for disliking Raz, but that's in no way scummy.
Guess, we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

and then later on when you mention Soup's self-preservation as a scummy (or at least that's the impression i get for why you think he is scummy); gonna have to disagree with you there too.

it's anti-town obv; not scummy

and then i would point to ryker in megaman mafia which was hilarious

Looking back at earlier in the game, i'll be honest, I did not notice your presence since it was so small. Like rereading it, i'm kinda just thinking to myself "meh" in terms of content. Something else that bothers me is that, even though i'll admit on being wrong about you just saying what other people have said, your latest strings of posts didn't bring anything new to the table compared to your opening posts. What do you think of the wagon on me atm? Do you have any input to provide on recent posts?
huh funny

your presence was smaller than mine

and i thought to myself

what a wonderful world

and my later posts from your POV probably didnt bring anything to the table because they were explanations or clarifications

wagon on you is dumb; needs further extrapolation

not sure why people are on you other than LM meta which i must have completely missed

>
Hey you. If you're town don't play this game. What about Politoed's current play has you keeping your vote stuck on em? I want more than "early play."
i'd like the same thing for votes on dabuz

so far it feels like i've only seen "his play is scummy except for when he's scum hunting"

good reason obv /s

sooo

are people now just realizing soups early play is null? is that why people are moving off of it ?

cause they should have realized that sooner

@ Gova Gova Haven't seen you post in a while, are you caught up? What do you make of RECENT HAPPENINGS? (The votes on Dabuz, my points on Raz, reads on players?
i did it

your points on raz are that he's not here to which i say obv; he needs to be here

reads on which players

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
null because ive seen nothing from dabuz' play that has swayed me one way or the other

scum-lean - distaste for soup wagon; i'll mention it because it's highly relevant but; scott pilgrim mafia, similar situation similar feelings for scum

town because i share his feeling about gorf; something is up but i can't quite put my finger on it either

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I raelly don't see the thing on Gorf. You and Potasium only seem to hhave gut feelings on it, and Scary mentioned a "subtle" interaction within him and MiR, but has yet to explain.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i highly doubt MiR and Gorf are on the same scumteam based on certain things that happened in thread

he can still go into it if he wishes; it might help others read him

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Fandangox said:
Gorf has been present through the game pressuring other slots and while I initially saw his vote on dabuz as the weakest of the three, after re-reading I got a better understanding on it. I still want @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf to answer that question I made about Raz last (two?) page.
Repeat it? My read on em or something more specific?

Oh and if you want clarification on the Hando/Soup wagon thing, I didn't wanna publicly say that I liked Hando's lack of care for the Soup wagon at that moment cuz I wanted to get clarification from Hando that he was, indeed, not caught up, but then realized it wasn't a biggie and explained it. The Soup thing I was just like how are you getting confused when I know there's clear reasoning that I posted and it just got to the point where I realized it'd just stay a thing until I looked and found it, and wouldn't you know it, I found it. I didn't mean to not be compliant babe.

Fandangox said:
Garg is in love with Gorf, but he is afraid Gorf won't notice him.
Story of my life.

Fandangox said:
Dabuz, Gorf, Potassium?
gova said:
scum-lean - distaste for soup wagon; i'll mention it because it's highly relevant but; scott pilgrim mafia, similar situation similar feelings for scum
Huh?

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
WOW.

Umm...

So people should be here to analyze this wagon and whatnot... But it just shouldn't be on you. Well why the **** not?
I don't believe he said that

Something about Dabuz bothers me on a fundamental level. Idek what

OH btw what's with the dumpter fire thing?

I don't like Gargaglione right now. He's turning questions.

MiR bothers me with his constant pressure on Raz. It's not going anywhere especially with the Soup thing happening at the same time.

BLS makes me happy

Really don't like MiR atm.

Gorf's annoying at best

Gova's not really making an impression on me atm

I like that Handorin's on my side with the reads.

Handorin makes me happier than BLS

MiR feels like he's discrediting Handorin in 433

I really don't like Gargaglione

Not this week.

Don't like 503 how MiR is making it seem like his push on Raz ( which was going on way too long) was not his first priority.

It's funny that my scum reads are fighting amoungst themselves.

Like gova at 520

(I've only made it halfway through ;-; )

I REALLY like gova's 520.

Dabuzs 524 made me feel better about him

I'm not happy with the Dabuz wagon

MiR what's your read on Garg?

I am not ok with a Dabuz lynch. At all.

vote: MiR plz

Gargaglione

Smash Lord

MiR bothers me with his constant pressure on Raz. It's not going anywhere especially with the Soup thing happening at the same time.

BLS makes me happy

Gorf's annoying at best

Not this week.

Don't like 503 how MiR is making it seem like his push on Raz ( which was going on way too long) was not his first priority.

Like gova at 520

Turning questions?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
@ Fandangox Fandangox
It's going to be a tad hard to give you these interactions because I have to summon up my drunken thought process while sober. Give me a little bit lol.

Also, have you ever watched WWE wrestling before?? They hold an event called the Royal Rumble. Currently there's a wrestler named Fandango, and he got beat by a ****** in a bull costume. It was pretty bad.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gah, I'm like 7 pages behind. Ok, let's work through this as swiftly but effectively as possible.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Gah, I'm like 7 pages behind. Ok, let's work through this as swiftly but effectively as possible.
Maybe if you would put aside the worst home-console 3D Zelda entry in the series, you'd catch up a bit faster.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

BLS makes me happy

Gorf's annoying at best

Not this week.

Like gova at 520

Annoying at best?

So umm... Is that all?

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
I didn't think that it was really worth it to comment on things already commented on.

Garg I do think that you're turning questions around because whenever anyone asks you anything you immediately turn it on them. LIke if I asked you "why do you think x is town?" I've seen you several times go "Why do you think I think x is town?"

Gorf you're annoying me because all your reads are conflicting with mine.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I didn't think that it was really worth it to comment on things already commented on.

Garg I do think that you're turning questions around because whenever anyone asks you anything you immediately turn it on them. LIke if I asked you "why do you think x is town?" I've seen you several times go "Why do you think I think x is town?"

Not at all. I answered pretty much every single question people have asked me with substantial content before ever asking someone something back. Maybe if you actually read, you'd know that.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, instead of acting annoyed, why don't you try to argue your point with actual substance?

Consider the fact that Gorf actually has content, and you don't.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Is it possible for you to answer with more spite?
Yes, actually.
I'm picking on you so you actual feel pressured enough to do things, don't take it personally.
From your claims, it's evident you didn't read extensively enough and I'm going to call you out on it until you do.

HollowNote

Smash Cadet
Also, instead of acting annoyed, why don't you try to argue your point with actual substance?

Consider the fact that Gorf actually has content, and you don't.
I don't undersand you.... I gave my reason for being annoyed why is that a problem of substance?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm town-reading Potato at the moment, but I think his Gorf case is off-base.

Dabuz, what's with the fixation on the Garg slot?

@ Handorin Handorin , other people have asked this already, but what's with the scumread on Garg?

BLS: What do you make of Gova's unusual degree of initiative compared to his usual play?
Self-reminder to follow up on these.

Dabuz answered in 524. I'm fine with the answer, but it seems somewhat snappy for a rather innocuous question.

I like Kantrip's 549. Very pointed questions to ask. Same with 553.

Garg's 555 on Soup re-directing pressure toward MiR is very on-point. +points for Garg.

Really like Kantrip's self-reflection in 561. Re-evaluating his Gorf stance and not trying to doggedly push it sits well with me. The only thing that stands out....

@Potassium : Why mention being paranoid about your Gova town read? That seems strange to me, given that I think most people (including myself) are town-reading him.

Like Gorf 579 on Dabuz.

Dabuz 603 is whack. He left out the grand majority of Gova's interaction with MiR over their read on my slot. That interaction (Gova v MiR) is a big part of why I'm town-reading Gova.

Dabuz 608 is garbage. Reason 2 on "Not being able to push while BEING pushed is flat out wrong." 3rd point is not that accurate and relatively anecdotal. I was Town-reading Soup coming out of that initial wagon, and apparently so was Dabuz, but his reasons for doing so don't make sense.

Unsure what to make of MiR's 613. There's a lot of **** that just feels like a shouting contest.

Cool, Gova also covered how Dabuz's 603 was whack.

Like MiR's 627.

Fan said:
@ Raziek Raziek thoughts on everything so far? Waht do you make of MiR and Top Deck's back and forth? Thoughts on the Dabuz wagon? Do you agree with Gorf that scum hunting doesn't necessarily excuses Dabuz since there are two scum teams on this game?
Alright. Don't like Dabuz's posts that I've read so far. MiR v BLS reads to me (as I think..... you put it?) like married couple bickering. Which I expected, because Ryker and Laundry are at each other's throats, when otherwise they're normally in the same slot. I do agree with Gorf, yes.

Feeling moderately okay with Toed after 657.

Stopping here for now, supper time.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Skimmed this topic more than skim milk, but this is what I'm getting from it:

Vote: Make it Rain

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I don't undersand you.... I gave my reason for being annoyed why is that a problem of substance?
Cool.

I'm town. I'm town because I like being town.

Gave you a claim and a reason. That should be enough for you to believe me.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
@ Fandangox Fandangox
It's going to be a tad hard to give you these interactions because I have to summon up my drunken thought process while sober. Give me a little bit lol.
Well better get drinking then!

Repeat it? My read on em or something more specific?
My question was what were your thoughts on Raz's play since I felt it was similar to how Dabuz tackled the game early on.

Oh and if you want clarification on the Hando/Soup wagon thing, I didn't wanna publicly say that I liked Hando's lack of care for the Soup wagon at that moment cuz I wanted to get clarification from Hando that he was, indeed, not caught up, but then realized it wasn't a biggie and explained it. The Soup thing I was just like how are you getting confused when I know there's clear reasoning that I posted and it just got to the point where I realized it'd just stay a thing until I looked and found it, and wouldn't you know it, I found it. I didn't mean to not be compliant babe.
Alright fair enough there.

Also, have you ever watched WWE wrestling before?? They hold an event called the Royal Rumble. Currently there's a wrestler named Fandango, and he got beat by a ****** in a bull costume. It was pretty bad.
Oh god I forgot this was a thing.

Top Bottom