• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Is there anything else you need help with hdrevolution123?
Yes how not to get punished whilst dealing damage in close quarter combat. I KNOW grabs work and camp-to-rack-damage pikmin work but i will eventully get punished. how do I reduce the risk of getting punished whether it be by counters, projectiles, grabs, smashes or out-prioritizing attacks?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace

^This kid is smart... listen to him

Olimar takes too much to explain. the guide that we're making is already 18 pages long, single spaced, 11pt font... and we're only about 1/2 way done. Being able to explain the entire mechanics of olimar to the run-of-the-mill player who just picked them up is not only exceedingly difficult, but a waste of time. We're going to say something, and 11 questions will get asked... ect.
If you post a vid, we can help you tighten up your game. Other than that... if you have a specific question, I will be glad to answer it.

~Fino
Which kid is smart?

Sudai

Stuff here
lol, basically it's a circle of people saying we're all smart.

Seriously though, put up a vid or two and it'll be easier to help you out that way. : )

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace

Ummmmmm.....

Listen to this kid.... or get infracted you know you should infract yourself for spamz... so you better not give me one for this <_<

~Fino
Who are you talking to Fino? Me? Sudai? The other guys who replied to my query?

asob4

Smash Champion
in close quarters your best options are:
GTFO move: jab
damage rack: utilt
safe: grab/fsmash
kill: usmash/dsmash

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Just a note: Don't jab more than the 2 hit combo...if you do it more, it seems that it pushes them right to the range of where only the no knockback hitbox hits them, so you can get punished easily.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Just a note: Don't jab more than the 2 hit combo...if you do it more, it seems that it pushes them right to the range of where only the no knockback hitbox hits them, so you can get punished easily.
So the 2 hit combo would be Oli's head hitting and then his antenna?

Dyyne

Smash Ace
^Yeah that.

****When I say this, I'm talking bout low percents btw... Either way actually, jab isn't that good of a gtfo move, since the first, knockbackless hit hits them, then I think they can power shield before the second hit comes up. Idunno, a majority of the time that I use it, I end up getting punished.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
:/ bummer. /wrist Idunno exactly when the situations are, these may not be the right ones, but there are often times when I get punished for jabbing.

Rinehart

Smash Journeyman
Meh....Wish I could but im a 15 year old kid (who has bad grammar *cough*) who has caring parents and I can't drive xD. So its all about online for me (FAIL) -_-. But im still searching for a tourneys nearby so that my parents won't be b***hn about how long is it or what not. lol Probably might go to that one tourney at Irvine at the 28th who knows lol. And i have a questions. I looked at the match up thread and I c that pit hasn't been updated yet? So anyone has tipz against a pit? ._.

~Rinehart

asob4

Smash Champion
:o go to the irvine one!!!

SCSA = WC regional
nevada is going and so is nor cal
dunno if oregon/washington is going though

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
? : What's the most effective move of Olimar's for cancelling out (or maybe breaking through and hurting) MK in his Wh0renado?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
? : What's the most effective move of Olimar's for cancelling out (or maybe breaking through and hurting) MK in his Wh0renado?
Olimar B up if timed right can actually knock meteknight out of his tornado :D. Pikmin Power!

Um whats the best way to run away or avoid shiek when facing her >_>, Sure I can grab her but those needles or whatever are a huge pain.

Fino

Smash Master
if you're in the nado, DI up and try to nair. Nair out-prioritizes it from the side as well... if he's approaching with it you can pivot grab him or use pikmin chiain
Um whats the best way to run away or avoid shiek when facing her >_>, Sure I can grab her but those needles or whatever are a huge pain.
You don't.... but jump over teh needles...

~Fino

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
what do you guys do to beat sheik's chain, on flat ground or when she's on a slope above you specifically
If she's on a slope above you, you're screwed.

If she's not, I usually just charge fsmashes at it and the pikmin will sometimes go through. I'm not sure if this is dependent on the Sheik not wiggling the chain correctly, but it works sometimes. I'll usually get one to go through every 4-5th time.

edit: I've been playing Melee more, recently. I haven't played Brawl seriously in the past 2-3 weeks now.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
what do you guys do to beat sheik's chain, on flat ground or when she's on a slope above you specifically
Well, if we're on flat ground I would suggest a full jump and an aerial(most preferably a nair), do one of DanGr's tactics(dair and jump again and do another aerial, grab/pivot grab her(timing is essential as she can extend her chain to hit you, this isn't favorable though), or just jump over her and hope that you don't get punished.

As for the slope one though, try to grab her(isn't favorable either sadly).

In the end, all of these options are entirely based on luck and timing unfortunately, hope I helped.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
I just wait until she gets rid of it. Thats all I do when she brings that thing out.
But once she notices that her chain kills almost all of your approaches, she may spam it and use it to wall you >_>

I believe that we should discuss this in the match-up thread with the help of the Sheik mainers, this can help solve everything in a much better way, wouldn't you agree? :)

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
But once she notices that her chain kills almost all of your approaches, she may spam it and use it to wall you >_>

I believe that we should discuss this in the match-up thread with the help of the Sheik mainers, this can help solve everything in a much better way, wouldn't you agree? :)
I do agree with you, but like I said I really do not care if she uses that chain as a wall. I just wait until she gets rid of that chain. I can wait for a long time. <_<

Fino

Smash Master
I'm... not really sure. It depends on how she's wiggling it. Like danGR said, I would try to pop fsmashes in there. I played a sheik once and power shielded the chain, rolled behind her and grabbed... but she was only chaining in front, and if it weren't for wifi they would have been able to react in time, so not the best tactic.

I would need to play more sheiks to know, the only one I've been close to playing is ankoku, but he didn't show to the nwcc :(

~Fino

Zori

Smash Champion
uh yeah i was looking for good olimar texture so lets talk about where i can find some

blukberry

Smash Cadet
I have a question and a favor to ask:
Question: What are the situations where i would use the Whistle armor or not?

Favor: Could someone give me a link to a match with a really fast olimar.
thanks

Top Bottom