• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finding Strength In The Community

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
It's so nice to see how when an article is posted about something nice happening in the Smash community, an argument is started in the comments about whether our community is actually a terrible one or not. /sarcasm

But seriously guys, let's just appreciate this moment where smashers got together to help another smasher in need. Drama happens in any community, but let's move on. The more we talk about drama of the past, the more that drama is built up.

Respect to the Iowa smashers; you guys rule, and don't stop being awesome.

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
We're Smash Brothers for a reason! We're a family. And though we may disagree at times and argue, we love each other all the same and will continue to branch out our family tree! :D

Last edited:

Hi_C

Smash Rookie
Who's judging? I have eyes and senses, therefore I can deem what's right and wrong. And invading someone's privacy like that is definitely wrong. If you see someone get robbed, you're gonna say, "Well, it didn't happen to me so I can't judge"? And who called them "bad people"?

It was pretty heavily implied what you thought. M2K was drunk and obviously wouldn't do that under normal circumstances. Mang0 is over it and you should be too.

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
Over or not, it happened. It won't magically go away.
Yes, but you're one of the few here still holding on to it. Just forgive and move on. Keeping a grudge over it will just make you feel worse, trust me.

Last edited:

StarForce

Smash Ace
Hyrule, Mushroom, Sarasaland, Nohr Kingdoms
I have had very good times since joining Smashboards. Made friends and improved. I am part of a crew and I love my crew. I'm the eldest. with 28 years and they all rance from 15 to 19. Yhey are like my kids. I'm always looking out for them and talking with them, sharing stuff, stories. and cheering on them on differnt things and situations they go through. we are all strangers from the internet neither of us has meet eachother in real person but I feel them like my best friends and buddies. I would never abandon them. Smash is a friendly game and it extends to it's followers. The way mario competes with Donkey Kong or mario teams up with Bowser. Peach makes cakes for Luigi. and even in paper mario Goombella allies with Mario proves that we at Smash are different and some have good or heavy attitudes but we all care for each other . Thee Smash community bring many different people togueter and they enjoy eachother. apart of being a gam e for competition it's bonds reach out to make friends too. This is why I like Smash. And Smashboards is the best place I've joined in. I hope we all keep being the good Smash community we are for many years to come. This is what makes the Smash community what it is. Because it's not a gaming place to make friends instead it's a friends place to play games.

Zad

Smash Apprentice
UPDATE: I successfully hosted my own Smash event on Saturday and had 10+ people show up at my house just to play Melee. We were even able to do a $5 bracket. :D

Thank you Smashboards for inspiring me to reach out to the community and create my own scene!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yes, but you're one of the few here still holding on to it. Just forgive and move on. Keeping a grudge over it will just make you feel worse, trust me.
How do you know? Do you know every Smasher in the world? No. Do you know the thoughts and emotions of every said Smasher? No. Trust ME, I won't be losing sleep just cause I know an asshole when I see one.

A_Y

Smash Rookie
NNID
ant-3d
3DS FC
0963-2027-2441
since i have a CF prof pic i say YES!

Keeseman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Keeseman
3DS FC
2251-4754-4791
How do you know? Do you know every Smasher in the world? No. Do you know the thoughts and emotions of every said Smasher? No. Trust ME, I won't be losing sleep just cause I know an ******* when I see one.
Dude, relax. I only said "here", referring to this comments section. I just don't want you, or anyone, to get worked up over it, because people make mistakes, and we should just move on from the mistakes of the past.

Yes, Leffen can be a ****. Yes, what M2K did was wrong. I'm not denying that. But that's not what this is about. This is about celebrating the good in the community, and how we inspire one another to be better. Research does show that it's more effective if we focus on our strengths rather than our weaknesses as we grow, because then our strengths become even stronger and we fix our weaknesses with them.

So no, I don't know how everyone feels about it. I have heard that many people in the incident have moved on, though, and in my opinion, I think it would be best for us all to. Dwelling on stuff like this just makes us angry people, which leads to more drama. This doesn't justify what happened, but I think it can help make the future better.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dude, relax. I only said "here", referring to this comments section. I just don't want you, or anyone, to get worked up over it, because people make mistakes, and we should just move on from the mistakes of the past.

Yes, Leffen can be a ****. Yes, what M2K did was wrong. I'm not denying that. But that's not what this is about. This is about celebrating the good in the community, and how we inspire one another to be better. Research does show that it's more effective if we focus on our strengths rather than our weaknesses as we grow, because then our strengths become even stronger and we fix our weaknesses with them.

So no, I don't know how everyone feels about it. I have heard that many people in the incident have moved on, though, and in my opinion, I think it would be best for us all to. Dwelling on stuff like this just makes us angry people, which leads to more drama. This doesn't justify what happened, but I think it can help make the future better.
I can definitely see the good in the community. Didn't see you my first post? Jigglypuff Approves, that's the ultimate sign of approval. And while we must acknowledge the good that they've done, it still doesn't excuse the bad. What you fail to realize is that I'm not getting worked up or angry over it. I'm just stating that it's there and that it happened.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
I hope he gets well soon. God speed, my friend!

Also wtf is all this bull****? Sure, there is drama in this community, there's Elitists, people who cry about maining top-tiers, "Smash 4 is better!" "No Brawl!" "No, Melee!", but does that mean people can't swallow their pride and be good human beings? There's a difference between trash talking, and putting somebody down. Mostly here it's trash talking, people like Leffen, Armada, M2K, ZeRo, they are all nice people in reality, but online, their personality reflects on who they want to be seen as. Leffen WANTS to be seen as the villain, and hating on any Smash player without talking to them personally is a low blow. Hating somebody and not even knowing them is just ****ty.
Please please PLEASE realize that just because they're popular doesn't mean they're dickheads.

Sarah Everett

Smash Rookie
But seriously...can we ignore all the Leffen and M2K drama. I don't know what the situation was and nor do I really care but isn't this article specifically talking about how we should get along and find strength in each other. Honestly I know I sound cheesy but we all have a passion for this game so can't we get along with each other and avoid as much possible drama?

Top Bottom