• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, a Smash Brothers drinking game!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
And thus two old guys that look they are from paper mario both exclaim, "Brilliant!"
Sadly I'm not 21 yet (:() so I'll be one of the guys you will be betting on to drink! Hope I don't disapoint you.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
this update was boring
i really dont understand why people would rather watch someone play when they can be playing the game there self

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I'll be 21 five days before this game comes out.

However, I despise alcohol because it tastes horrible, thusly I will be taking what one poster said and replacing it with Orange Soda. Hey, my liver can last me another 20 years!

Zjiin

Smash Master
this update was boring
i really dont understand why people would rather watch someone play when they can be playing the game there self
I would agree, but i have a multi-system setup at my place, and i will have one monitor of matches people are playing above my monitor of the game I'm actually playing with my friends. So when some gets killed off in teams or between loading times there's something to watch.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't have cable, but sometimes I feel like just watching something, so this update is **** aweseome

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
The image of alcoholism just became a little cooler, in the eyes of all underage forum goers here. Nice thread.

Where is my white line of powder, I must conform to whatever society's collective ignorance dictates.

Abulize

Smash Journeyman
99 stock standard rules take a shot every stock you lose

ppl died from this
No **** someone would die from that. Whoever is dumb enough to play that had it coming. Playing Falco when your smashed is disconcerting. Try SHL to find out you've phantasmed off the edge all 4 stocks in less than 30 seconds :laugh:. Oh and SWI (smashing while intoxicated) or GWI (Gaming while intoxicated (iunno which one i like better)) does NOT help muscle memory the slightest bit.

Laharl

Smash Rookie
It really should be whoever wins takes a shot. Thats how we do it anyways. Otherwise, the people losing would just keep getting worse and the people winning would be the only sober ones. And wheres the fun in being sober? People would start losing matches on purpose just so they can drink.

I guess if you're just spectating it really doesn't matter though.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
I guess that would be fun if you're into drinking.

I may not be of age but I already know that I cannot stand alcohol in anything. Just the fact that the substance is in something makes it instantly taste like crap to me.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess that would be fun if you're into drinking.

I may not be of age but I already know that I cannot stand alcohol in anything. Just the fact that the substance is in something makes it instantly taste like crap to me.

Of course it tastes bad, that's why it makes you a man if you can stand it. :p

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
The image of alcoholism just became a little cooler, in the eyes of all underage forum goers here. Nice thread.

Where is my white line of powder, I must conform to whatever society's collective ignorance dictates.
Ugh, tell me about it. The only positive aspect of drinking games is the potential for natural selection.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Drinking to get drunk?...Uhh these teens..

I'll cheer and what not, but it won't involve drinking.
The only drinking I'll do will be with water and orange juice.

The Director

Smash Lord
I usually just take a shot whenever I nail a fully charged punch.

I love to smoke while playing Smash, but drinking and Smash don't mix. My skill drooooooops as I continue to drink.

Laharl

Smash Rookie
Ok tuff guys... Too cool to drink. Drug free da way 2 bee lulz!
Whatever. Stop acting like you're better than everyone else cause you can't hold your booze.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Um............. ya i like to play smash bros when i can actually PLAY smash bros, but i guess it could work for some

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
heh...that's actually a really awesome idea.

i may try that, but my friends and i typically just drink while we play...and i don't really see that changing. :)

Herr Vorragend

Smash Cadet
well in germany you are allowed to drink alc with 16

but we play that the one who loses has to trink 1 small glass of vodka, and thats only allowed with 18 ^^

Teeb147

Smash Legend
A real man's drink is Colt 45! Drink some colt 45 and have a blast with your buddies at ssbb, hell yeah!

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer

Lololol.

I love when people compare two incomparable things.

And I don't see the fun in drinking while watching random Smash matches. It's more fun when your skill starts to slip lower and lower and everyone has a good laugh. Sadly, my last game I played while drinking was...Wii Tennis...I kicked *** and was a bit too obnoxious about it, but it was hilarious(because I'm normally pretty shy).

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I have drank before, but never become truly drunk; partly because I had no reason to get drunk in the first place. This right here, this is the ticket.

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
The Official Brawl Drinking Rules (at Reading University, England)
- came up with this today in my Calculus of Variation lecture *clears throat/crumbs on keyboard*:

At the beginning of the event
The Alcohol:
The Alcohol must be a minimum of 40%, and there must be at least 2 bottles of it. More than one variety is accepted (e.g. One Bottle of Vodka, One Bottle of Blue Aftershock).

The Initial Battle:
The participants engage in a sober Brawl battling session - where the winner of this Tournament/FFA gets 1ST Pick on who wins in the Spectator Mode. 2nd Place gets 2nd Pick etc. etc.

2 people can bet on the same character IF AND ONLY IF there are more than 4 participants in the betting. If there is 4 or under, you must take one character each.

The Prizes:
All participants who bet on
1st Place get to dictate where 5 Shots of alcohol go, and last pick next round.
2nd Place get to dictate where 3 Shots of alcohol go and 3rd pick next round.
3rd Place get to dictate where 1 shot of alcohol goes and 2nd pick next round.
4th Place gets 1st pick next round, and nothing else.

These shots of alcohol can be distributed in whatever manner the participants desire. The 1st Place winner, for example, can give all 5 shots of alcohol to 4th place, or 1 shot to 4th place and 4 shots to themselves.

The competition resumes until all alcohol is finished.

What do you all think? :D

Zjiin

Smash Master
The Official Brawl Drinking Rules (at Reading University, England)
- came up with this today in my Calculus of Variation lecture *clears throat/crumbs on keyboard*:

At the beginning of the event
The Alcohol:
The Alcohol must be a minimum of 40%, and there must be at least 2 bottles of it. More than one variety is accepted (e.g. One Bottle of Vodka, One Bottle of Blue Aftershock).

The Initial Battle:
The participants engage in a sober Brawl battling session - where the winner of this Tournament/FFA gets 1ST Pick on who wins in the Spectator Mode. 2nd Place gets 2nd Pick etc. etc.

2 people can bet on the same character IF AND ONLY IF there are more than 4 participants in the betting. If there is 4 or under, you must take one character each.

The Prizes:
All participants who bet on
1st Place get to dictate where 5 Shots of alcohol go, and last pick next round.
2nd Place get to dictate where 3 Shots of alcohol go and 3rd pick next round.
3rd Place get to dictate where 1 shot of alcohol goes and 2nd pick next round.
4th Place gets 1st pick next round, and nothing else.

These shots of alcohol can be distributed in whatever manner the participants desire. The 1st Place winner, for example, can give all 5 shots of alcohol to 4th place, or 1 shot to 4th place and 4 shots to themselves.

The competition resumes until all alcohol is finished.

What do you all think? :D
That's pretty good, but knowing me and my friends, we'd send them all to one guy all at once. There should be like a 5 shot limit people can receive per round.

Top Bottom