• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally, a Smash Brothers drinking game!

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that many of the people on this board are under 21, but for all those fossils out there like myself, I'm extremely pleased with this update! Smash Brothers is basically THE game that my friends and I play when we get together. That's great and all, but occasionally we feel like adding drinking to the mix. If you've ever tried to drink and play Smash Brothers though, you'll realize that after a four or five consecutive losses (at one shot per loss), you've basically lost your ability to play the game.

Spectator mode is perfect for this though! It also eliminates the problem of the "best" player being the most unlikely to drink.

That being said, I'm sure this wasn't Sakurai's intent, and I'm sure that it's going to be a lot of fun even without drinking. On the other hand, I'm sure it won't beat actually playing the game!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
LOL, that's actually a great idea! Gotta wait til I'm 21 though.

volbound1700

Smash Master
The best drinking games are when you watch ball games though. Watch a CFB game and everytime they score take a shot, depending on amount of points as well. However, if both offenses suck then do it for first downs or something.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
I remember playing Smash drunk before, it was very disconcerting when Yoshi didn't make it back to the stage when I pressed UpB

orintemple

Smash Lord
One of my friends actually brought this up one day and I thought it was a great idea and now you brought it up too! This sounds like a lot of fun, us college students don't have much money to buy booze but when I get the chance this is definately something I'd like to try.

SeriousWB

Smash Apprentice
Ahaha, I'm under 21, but that doesn't matter because I'm English and 18 :p

This is hilarious, and I'm definately going to try it out, however nothing beats Ring of Fire as a drinking game.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Oh man, this is awesome. I hope you can set spectator mode up for continuous match plays, so i won't have to constantly enter games to watch them.

Always looking for another reason to get sloppy.

rexpro02

Smash Cadet
:chuckle: we called it smashots :chuckle:
and its way fuuun ... i thought me and my friends we were the only ones who played like that XD

advice: dont use NESS u will never recover!!!

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
My strategy has always been to choose characters like DK when it starts getting late into the betting because I still try to play like I'm using a fox or a C. Falcon but my reaction time always ends up working perfectly for DK. Floaty characters come after that because then when I'm flying through the air I have time to process what's actually happening.

I love the idea of implementing this into the spectator mode. I haven't been enthusiastic about Brawl lately. This cheered me up. Thanks.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
I hope you can watch your friends matches. Hella people could tune in to Top pro matches and bet on the player they think will win while drinking! It's like....a football game or something.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Other drinking games can arise as well. Take a shot every time a noob suicides, take a shot whenever somebody spikes someone, shot whenever somebody taunts, etc.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Other drinking games can arise as well. Take a shot every time a noob suicides, take a shot whenever somebody spikes someone, shot whenever somebody taunts, etc.
Oh man, social whenever someone taunts. If this becomes popular, people will be spamming taunts when they can to make the folks at home get plowed, lol.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm going to have to set one of my taunt messages to say "Take a shot". Just in case anyone here is watching my match.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I'll get to play brawl till I get back to the states but I'm 16 now which is old enough to drink here. :)

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Yes, because it's another kind of shot.

I like the game where you take a drink whenever you take a drink.
Haven't we all had a weekend like that before.

Nothing like drinking glasses full of drinks that should have been shots...

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
Another smash brothers drinking game is to play against the computer with 3 friends. If the computer wins you all drink, and otherwise all the losers drink. Eventually the computer gets really hard cause your so drunk haha.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Another smash brothers drinking game is to play against the computer with 3 friends. If the computer wins you all drink, and otherwise all the losers drink. Eventually the computer gets really hard cause your so drunk haha.
Or maybe a 2v2 game where you and one friend has a lvl 4 CPU on their team. Whenever someone kills the other's players CPU, that player takes a shot.

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
I remember playing Smash drunk before, it was very disconcerting when Yoshi didn't make it back to the stage when I pressed UpB
I think that it's very disconcerting when your not drunk!

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
Or maybe a 2v2 game where you and one friend has a lvl 4 CPU on their team. Whenever someone kills the other's players CPU, that player takes a shot.
I like the way you think. Kind of like an event match, with drinking!

Darkurai

Smash Master
By the time I'm 21, there'll be a new Smash Bros. anyway.
I miss out on all the fun.

Top Bottom