• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Swiss when I'm not on my phone we can continue but as of right now wtf at Ryu thinking we have enough info to just bring that out with no prior discussion.

:phone:

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
lol it's like people see me post the truth about something and go : nope no way thats what it is, must be scummy.

/theirony

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

These string of posts just sound grimy over stupid. You sound like you are intentionally trying to avoid giving a better answer and trying really hard to cover up what you did. Be a man, accept your mistake, and move on.
lol, that IS THE ANSWER that is how i decided.
I am taking responsibility lol, If i weren't i wouldn't have corrected Raz and just gone with getting rb'd.

How am i covering it up WHEN I OPENED THE DAY BY ADMITTING IT AND THEN CORRECTED RAZ WHEN HE THOUGHT I GOT RB'D.

Please, be more more round peg round hole next time you wanna get at me for miss- shooting.

Rajam

Smash Champion
@Inferno: In both cases (either if Diablos gets assigned or randomized) the player will come back to the game at the end of Day Phase 3.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll get to this either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Votecount 1 Day 2:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[1] Boss Ranmaru
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[1] Kawaii Vinyl. Boss
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[9] Not voting:
mUrDErBUSh, JTB, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Kawaii Vinyl., Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake

Leviathan

[2] mUrDErBUSh Swiss, Inferno3044
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Kawaii Vinyl.
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[9] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Kawaii Vinyl., Anomandaris_Rake

Diablos

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Kawaii Vinyl.
[0] Swiss
[0] Anomandaris_Rake

[11] Not assigning:
mUrDErBUSh, Ranmaru, JTB, Boss, -Masquerain-, Inferno3044, Red Ryu, Kreative Whiz Kids, Kawaii Vinyl., Swiss, Anomandaris_Rake

Notes:
Currently V/LA:

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss when I'm not on my phone we can continue but as of right now wtf at Ryu thinking we have enough info to just bring that out with no prior discussion.

I agree with the post entirely.

However, let's look at him from a scum Ryu PoV.

If he's scum he'd have known what GF would be released, I'm sure we both agree this is likely. Why, when he wasn't being pressured to release it now, would he then do so?

As scum he could release Diablo D3/D4 and royally **** town.

Thoughts?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
assign leviathan: Murderbush

I'm either thinking we use Diablo to get a player to day 4 we want there or removing a player we don't want doing anything action wise til then. Favoring the first if Rake doesn't shoot, second option if Rake is gonna be pulling the trigger.

Swiss

Smash Lord
assign leviathan: Murderbush

I'm either thinking we use Diablo to get a player to day 4 we want there or removing a player we don't want doing anything action wise til then. Favoring the first if Rake doesn't shoot, second option if Rake is gonna be pulling the trigger.

Are you legitimately suggesting removing our vig from the game?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

RAJAM 2 Part Question:

1) Will actions used by the person removed resolve ?
2) Will all action used on the player removed fail ?

Rajam

Smash Champion
RAJAM 2 Part Question:

1) Will actions used by the person removed resolve ?
2) Will all action used on the player removed fail ?
For all intents and purposes the player removed isn't even in the game during that period; since he is removed during Day Phase (or at the end of it), he can't use Night Actions and hence won't / can't resolve. At the same time, since that player isn't in the game, he can't be targeted by actions while he is out.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

well , i was thinking : hey if the person can use actions we asign both to 1 person and their track cant' fail.
double win.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

oh yeah:
Rajam: TwiglightSparkle was a vengeful , correct ? Meaning whoever hammered them or shot them dies ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

my thoughts so far:

inferno is obtuse( thunbsupforcorrectuse.gif)
Ryu might be certifiable. dumbtown possible
Swiss can still be town
Rake is confused how people still think he's a indy, but hey what can you do.

Rajam

Smash Champion
oh yeah:
Rajam: TwiglightSparkle was a vengeful , correct ? Meaning whoever hammered them or shot them dies ?
Only thing I can say is that his role was meant to be Vengeful instead of Paranoid Gun Owner. You can check details on those roles in the links provided earlier:

From the Mafia Wiki Page:

Paranoid Gun Owner

Vengeful

Just want to say that according to these definitions, TwilightSparkle's role should've said "Vengeful" instead of PGO, and I'm very sorry for the confusion generated.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Swiss, if Ryu honestly didn't know what the GF does then I see more merit is scum releasing it earlier.

Inferno killing me with this sheeping, also **** no at removing Vig anyone with that should be shot

Down to shoot lynch Ryu and Vinyl and Levi Ryker, lets think about Diablo

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rake give me a process on what you learned from Disney and Utricked, give me your thought process in those games what you were trying to do with those claim gambits.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Swiss, if Ryu honestly didn't know what the GF does then I see more merit is scum releasing it earlier.

Inferno killing me with this sheeping, also **** no at removing Vig anyone with that should be shot

Down to shoot lynch Ryu and Vinyl and Levi Ryker, lets think about Diablo

Please explain this.

What is the scum motivation to release it earlier over later if they didn't know what it was.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
What made you say this, and why haven't you stuck to this?

Underlined, were you serious here? Now that Rake explained what it meant, can you explain why you haven't voted Rake before he attacked you?

I'd like to ask the same of you.
1) Why are you asking this?

2)Yes I was serious. And that was my (Sokr) first post of the game. The previous two posts were made by Kantrip.

3) I've played a couple games. I think two newbies and two or three real games.

You want to know why I was 100 percent worried of Swiss getting GFs? Because he's smart enough to win a game by himself for scum and I don't have the thread power to force a lynch on him if I catch him on scum, never have most likely never will. It's not my strength in mafia.
Like this reasoning. I swear there was another reason I quoted that post...

End of the day, **** has gone down and this is your only contribution. Please explain.

Leviathan. Ryker gets it. This is not open for discussion & we move onto a fruitful topic.

This cannot go random. Could cost the game. KWK suggest the ideal player for this to go to with reasoning (suggest two options if you wish). No-one else contribute on this.

1) I was wondering what his read was on me. The reason I didn't contribute more is that I didn't have anything important to say. The only thing I was wondering was who did TS target and I was waiting till today to see who would claim receiving the Carbuncle.

2) Agreed

3) I can't think of any beneficial way to use this. Using it on a scummy player is obviously stupid. Using it on a strong town player may serve good in that it ensures we have someone good around near endgame, but until then it can be harmful to town. Using it on the inactives is just as stupid as using it on a scummy player. I still think Rake is indy and assuming this is true, giving him the GF would not only save us from his annoying posting, but could also potentially save a town life toNight. I was actually considering this one until I saw that he wouldn't get back until the end of D3. That just gives him a free pass of two possible lynches and puts him straight into the Night faze without us consulting with him on who he should kill (I'm assuming he'd do this because it would help with town appearances). Honestly, I have no idea. I can't see any way in which this could be helpful. I would say Murder only because he is currently my strongest town read, but I don't like the idea of removing him from 1.5 days of play. Sorry, I don't have an answer.

Just put me on diablo unless there's anything else add on.

No problemo.
Why?

@RR, I know these have already been asked but maybe if enough people say it you'll answer. Did you know what the GF would be and why did you release it without town consent?

Assign Leviathan: Murder
Vote RR

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I knew it was gonna be Diablo because I've played FF8 before, I did not know what he was going to do, I had guesses mostly under how it falls under the Time and Space magic he is. I wasn't expecting that.

I released it because reads were more solidified at that point, to me they are I've got a clear town and scum list.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Sent in kill.

Good luck, Swiss / Town.
This implies that TS shot at Swiss with his vengeful shot.

The end-of-day flavour clearly described TS making a shot and having it fail.

Murderbush got the Carbuncle randomly assigned to them. It's possible they absorbed a Night Kill. However, I doubt they took TS's vengeful shot, and I don't know why people are clearing them. TwilightSparkle specifically said they "sent in [their] kill", which means they choose their target. They weren't a bomb.

Something about Swiss' anger at the end of the Day seems off to me, like how he faked anger in Britches and Hose when he wasn't even mad. I'm inclined to believe he was shot at by TS and I'm wondering why he didn't die. I also don't know why he was calling for the doc (it can't be that he got doc protected because the shot wasn't in the Night phase). Why then would he want the doc on him? As a town bulletproof he would never be calling for the doc like that because all that does is waste the doc's action when he doesn't need it.

FoS: Swiss

well me shooting Tyra sure turned out well
/sarcasm
I like that Rake openly claimed his shot without being asked, even when there was only one kill occurring in the Night. He didn't claim to have tried to shoot someone else and got roleblocked, and he didn't just keep quiet. With no other Night Kill to speak of he could have just gone "no I didn't do that" and left us all to assume it was scum. Despite some bad caveats to his play, I see town from Rake here.

@Murderbush: Talk to me about your six steel pipes ability.

I'll be reading up as I haven't been doing much of that.

:banana:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Huh?

How does that definitively say Swiss was shot at?

Murderbush being shot at is far more likely given the antagonism Twilight gave to them preshot.

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
Why is TS saying Swiss / Town, singling out Swiss specifically?

Right after making a comment about having sent in his shot no less.

If I say "I just sent in my shot. Good luck Red Ruy / Town", does that not imply 1. That I don't think you are a part of "Town" 2. That the shot is directed at you?

No, that's exactly what is implied. Wasn't TS saying something about shooting Swiss near the end of D1? I'm almost sure he was in the mix of candidates. And if he made no mention as to who he was shooting at then that was a grave error.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Diablos is what I'm unsure of, but would be fine if I get assigned to this.
I feel a little more better if you get Leviathan, but I need to talk more about this.

Re-reading, I'm not liking boss, but I'm still not gonna vote him.
I'm not liking rake for that reaction and taking the NK to soup.
Ranmaru has caught up, but I wanna see more of him.
JTB, Joey, Inferno I don't feel fine with either, so they need to start talking.
KWK I feel fine with lynching today, but I'm gonna read more.

Just to remind you, orbo can still come, I think. So a possible hydra will be underway if rajam's fine with that.

@Mod: Request prod on Jtb and inferno
Where would your priority be with for who goes today?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why is TS saying Swiss / Town, singling out Swiss specifically?

Right after making a comment about having sent in his shot no less.

If I say "I just sent in my shot. Good luck Red Ruy / Town", does that not imply 1. That I don't think you are a part of "Town" 2. That the shot is directed at you?

No, that's exactly what is implied. Wasn't TS saying something about shooting Swiss near the end of D1? I'm almost sure he was in the mix of candidates. And if he made no mention as to who he was shooting at then that was a grave error.

Why would he wish luck for someone he was shooting?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake give me a process on what you learned from Disney and Utricked, give me your thought process in those games what you were trying to do with those claim gambits.
never ever claim something liable to be thought of as too pro-town.

In your game i wanted to aggro soup down and be thought of as super pro town, but not someone worth killing because my knowledge didn't do anything but condemn soup. I was killed for being too townie according to john.

I also learned never to out any special info that may possibly be handed to me, and instead keep it back pocket for when i need it.

in Utrik'd on top of my claim slip up was the fact that i was one of the only remaining claimed slots alive with the ability to hurt scum. In utrik'd i used townJOAT because i couldn't come up with anything to cover up my lack of abilities and everything i claimed to be able to do was largely un-provable( i could have said i rb'd kevmo near the end and got him lynched) , i also learned to keep what i was claiming what i had done straight, as in that game i kept messing up what i said i was going to do in places. Also i learned the diff between mason and neighbors better lol.

The queen thing in Utrik'd was purely for thread control and to make sure Jyker went down because they were clear cut scum and i was dead certain bardull would end up executing them via the intent i was getting from his posts. After that ryker's reaction and my evidence on him were enough to secure his lynch.

In hindsight it might have been smarter to keep him alive so i could lynch him closer to lylo based on faked incriminating results, but eh

Kreative Whiz Kids

Kantrip|Sokr
I murder out of spite.
A gun in the hand is worth more than two in the Bush, right?
Totally missed this and a lot of the stuff that was happening around it, apparently. So it looks like Murder was likely the shot after all. Ugh it could be either of them. TS crumbed murderbush but then said "Good luck Swiss" after stating he had sent in his shot.

I don't like Swiss being so vehemently against the TS lynch but consenting to join it anyways.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vinyl, why are you not voting Boss if you don't like Boss? :|. Remember that pressuring people is a thing, and your vote isn't permanent.

Why would he wish luck for someone he was shooting?
It actually signifies that he shot Murder over Swiss, since they were the two candidates. That's my view point on it, anyways.

I need to completely catch up, but I don't like the attacks on Ryu for bringing out Diablo. Seems like an easy attack to make on something that can't be proven as scummy in the slightest.

Top Bottom