• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VIII Mafia | ~ Mafia Wins!! ~

Swiss

Smash Lord
QUOTE=Swiss;15018292]Why would an indie claim vig D1?
Honestly I didn't even think of that. I just believe that playing for self-survival is a sign of scum play and the way he addressed it made it look to me that he was looking for survival over trying to benefit the town. If this is wrong please educate me. Taking a lesson would be great.[/QUOTE]

Let's ramp up our brain capacities to 4%. Tell me if I'm going too fast here.

Ignoring that I just put the doc on me, which is the most survivalistic play so far.

He would be lynch proof (indie), which only matters if he's in danger of being lynched. You say he did this gambit in order to avoid being lynched.

So you are seriously suggesting he is gambitting to get an ability which will make us unable to lynch him (though we think BP) in order to then say well no need to lynch me because I'm Vig to dissuade scum from shooting him N1 (the only real threat) so that they can shoot him N2 instead. With a net-gain of not dying N1 and then almost ****ing certainty dying soon after as he is a claimed Vig.

Good job Inferno. Real good job.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Why would an indie claim vig D1?
Honestly I didn't even think of that. I just believe that playing for self-survival is a sign of scum play and the way he addressed it made it look to me that he was looking for survival over trying to benefit the town. If this is wrong please educate me. Taking a lesson would be great.
Let's ramp up our brain capacities to 4%. Tell me if I'm going too fast here.

Ignoring that I just put the doc on me, which is the most survivalistic play so far.

He would be lynch proof (indie), which only matters if he's in danger of being lynched. You say he did this gambit in order to avoid being lynched.

So you are seriously suggesting he is gambitting to get an ability which will make us unable to lynch him (though we think BP) in order to then say well no need to lynch me because I'm Vig to dissuade scum from shooting him N1 (the only real threat) so that they can shoot him N2 instead. With a net-gain of not dying N1 and then almost ****ing certainty dying soon after as he is a claimed Vig.

Good job Inferno. Real good job.

And learn to quote.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Swiss ranting at me about lynching Zen and saying he tightened the noose in the next breath is bad. Swiss needs to get off his *** and work with me toMorrow if he's still alive.

Orbo read, iirc, I disagree with both things you said were null tell at best in the first two posts and I believe you used posts that weren't where I gathered the read from later, but would have to check. You questioning Rake is completely different from Orbo questioning Boss/Ryker/two others because I can see where he's coming from and stands to gain whereas your question had no feasible gain.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I maintain that you sat on Rake for almost the entirety of the phase and pointing to the fact that we only have two scum reads when we have a stance on every slot and reasons why does not mean we weren't looking through the entire phase. You however, gave us nothing solid to work with and you refused to own the reads you did post by evading requests for why you had a read on three different slots.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Boo ****ing hoo I only have solid reads on the the playerlist.

It's like we have a bunch of inactive players.

Words cannot express how I would be shouting at you down Skype were we hydra'ing right now.

Please, tell me more of your solid read on the inactives.

**** me.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I said Zen tightened his own noose you imbecile.
Yeah, that's the point, so stop being obtuse.

You're implying he was worth lynching and that he shouldn't have been lynched.

You need to stop it with the AtE tricks when I'm sitting here looking you in the eye with them. I don't care, generally, but here they directly conflict with what I want.

That is the doc, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped hissing at me to try and make me seem a less appealing target.

Swiss

Smash Lord
"Boo ****ing hoo I only have solid reads on half of the playerlist."

I'm so mad at you I can't even type. Even if Zen does flip scum you're being vapid beyond belief.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's the point, so stop being obtuse.

You're implying he was worth lynching and that he shouldn't have been lynched.

You need to stop it with the AtE tricks when I'm sitting here looking you in the eye with them. I don't care, generally, but here they directly conflict with what I want.

That is the doc, so I'd appreciate it if you stopped hissing at me to try and make me seem a less appealing target.
You can die toNight for all I care.

If the Doc genuinely feels you are a better protect than me then I do not know what Dgames has come to and you are more than welcome to struggle through this game in an unspectacular and bland fashion.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
You really think we're so screwed without you, then put your reads on the table. Give me a list. I will see to it that they get looked at if you're not there. Even KWK.

If not, can I assume your goal here isn't really to deal with them, but instead is to take pot shots at me?

Keep my name out of the mud. You being mad doesn't do a ****ing thing. Play with me, like I've offered you multiple times or **** off.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Forgot to mention; Carbuncle, Defender GF has been now randomly assigned to an unknown player (only the player receiving it knows)

Boss

KevinM|Tom
So anyways, I still think JTB/Vinyl are both ideal vig candidates and if they continue to coast I want them to be lynched tomorrow, thanks guys :D

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
wont shoot ran unless he is useless past D2, wont' shoot vinyl unless he gives me a reason to.

Might shoot ryker on premise, might shoot Boss if he continues to be irrelevant.

So many people begging to be vigged. So little time
why couldn't ryker or swiss be vig gorf dangit

TwilightSparkle

BadWolf|Zen
Bolded in itself shows a lack of understanding.

In life there will always be those who lead and those who follow. Those who fight and those who run. Those who inspire and those who are forgotten.

In a world of Shepherds, all would die from lack of Lamb to eat.

Be a martyr and watch nothing change.

The meta here changes constantly. OS tries to change it to his favour in almost everything he does. Ineffective though admirable. You can do this too.

Give people a viable alternative and who knows where they may go. For now, they trust in what they know. What they know to be pure and overpowering.

Pull, harder, strings, martyr.

As I said before, Zen, I did have a town read on you. I would have defended you and we could have worked together, but you cared more about making a point that working towards a goal. You lynched yourself.

Ryker may have pulled the lever for the drop, but you tightened the noose.

I've seen it before, I see it here and I will see it again.

Wearing a mask familiar
Not a misunderstanding. If everyone has their own ego, then there is no one to herd as sheep.

Boss

KevinM|Tom
For what it's worth I just read through 3 games of Swiss' and two of Ryker's and I'm feeling pretty good about D2.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I still can't think of anything about making reads. I'm losing touch.

Man, will re-read and answer this time.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Still think Vinyl should be held to the same standard of making me a read list every 72 hours but we'll let that happen as usual.
You're not my momma.

Current reads list since.......
Murderbush gets town.
Swiss gets town
Rake gets null. Does he get Indy all the time, or is that he always looks like Indy?
Boss null.
Joey null.
Ran null.

Who am I missing?

Rajam

Smash Champion
Final Votecount Day 1:

Lynch vote

[0] mUrDErBUSh
[0] Ranmaru
[0] JTB
[7] TwilightSparkle mUrDErBUSh, Red Ryu, Inferno3044, Swiss, Boss, Anomandaris_Rake, TwilightSparkle
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[0] Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Kawaii Vinyl.
[0] Swiss
[1] Anomandaris_Rake Kreative Whiz Kids

[5] Not voting:
Ranmaru, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Kawaii Vinyl., JTB

Carbuncle

[1] mUrDErBUSh mUrDErBUSh
[1] Ranmaru TwilightSparkle
[0] JTB
[0] TwilightSparkle
[0] Tyranitarphantom
[1] Boss Boss
[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Inferno3044
[0] Red Ryu
[0] Kreative Whiz Kids
[0] Kawaii Vinyl.
[4] Swiss Kreative Whiz Kids, Red Ryu, Swiss, Inferno3044
[1] Anomandaris_Rake JTB

[5] Not assigning:
Ranmaru, Tyranitarphantom, -Masquerain-, Kawaii Vinyl., Anomandaris_Rake

Notes:
Currently V/LA:
A replacement is currently being searched for Tyranitarphantom

Laguna Loire is a temporarily playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. For most of the game the player experiences Laguna through playable flashbacks that are explained to the player as the main characters' dreams. Laguna is the father of Squall Leonhart, and his weapon of choice is the machine gun.

TwilightSparkle
( Laguna Loire, Vengeful Townie ) has been lynched!

In a last effort with his last breath, Laguna picks his gun from the ground, aims at someone, and...

nothing happens.

Night Phase 1 begins!

• Deadline for this Night Phase 1: [glow]Saturday Nov 3rd, 23:00 AST[/glow]
  • If you have a Night action you don't want to use, let me know so I'm not waiting for nothing. The faster you guys send your actions, the faster Day Phase 2 will start.
  • Don't post in here while it's Night Phase!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm pretty much warming up from here on. I can wait, but giving reads to me isn't something I wanna do much right about now, since I'm replaced. Sure I can work on that though.

No vig on ran just yet, btw. No reason, just like to see him and all.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Due to the several replacements so far, I'll be extending this Night Phase in 36 hours, until monday Nov 5th, 11:00 hrs. AST. If Night actions come sooner, Day 2 starts sooner; that "rule" will still apply.

Also, locking the thread now

Rajam

Smash Champion
Ellone is an important, non-playable character in Final Fantasy VIII. Before the events of the game, Ellone was sought by Sorceress Adel as her successor, but was rescued when Adel was sealed away. During the plot of Final Fantasy VIII, Ellone is pursued by Ultimecia in her quest to compress all of time.

ѕoup
( Ellone, Town Doctor ) has been killed!

Day Phase 2 begins!

• Deadline for this Day Phase 2: [glow]Tuesday Nov 13th 11:30 AST[/glow]
  • With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to lynch and to assign GFs!

Leviathan has appeared in the game field!

Leviathan, Tracker GF

Active Ability
Tsunami: Once during Night Phase, you can send me a PM with the command Track: Target player. At the end of that Night Phase, you’ll be informed of which players the target player visited with active abilities during that same Night Phase.

Top Bottom