• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIFA World Cup 2010

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Now that I think about it Dre, I guess the ball has contributed to quite some stir-up. Especially the goal tenders fumbles. Quite intetesting data.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That is true, I don't like to think of hime as the "best player in the world" as he's being labeled, but he is a very good play-maker. Although against Mexico I can just see Maxi Rodriguez scoring on us like they did last time, haha.
I think he is currently the best player in the world. I think part of the reason why he isn't as destructive as he is for Barca is because he is being played slightly out of position.

They've given him the number 10 role in behind the strikers, and although he has a good short passing game, he has to play alot deeper than he's used to and I don't think it plays to his strengths.

I think he's best in a 3-man forward line with him on the right. That's where he does the most damage, because he can run at diagonals, and if he doesn't just rip everyone in front of him, he can play the one-twos or just have a go from distance on his left foot.

It was pretty much how Ronaldinho and Ronaldo got their player of the year awards, except they did it on the left because they're right footed.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The ironic thing about the goalkeeping for that Defoe goal is that the commentator called it a goalkeeping error, yet had he saved it he would have been calling it an unbelievable save.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Messi hasn't had any goals, but he deserves one. He gets hardcore ganked everytime he gets the ball, which leaves his team-mates unmarked, hence why they get the goals. Messi=Bait.

Australia should've advanced, dang refs. still :mad:
Congrats USA...

As for the ball, I've noticed the same thing, ball just seems too keep elevating, never dipping, even from free kicks. The ball has little spin and lighter then usual.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Italy game is ridiculously tight. 2 -0 down, thought it was over but Italy are back in it 2 - 1. lol at the fight in the net. Thought they scored again but called offside, real tight call.

**** Slovakia just scored. 3 - 1 game over

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Between this and the tennis I can't keep up. 3 - 2. Immense.

Dax

Smash Journeyman
LoL Italy. So embarassing. I'm glad they're out, I never rooted for them, since I don't like most of the players and their attitude. This will be an useful lesson of humbleness.
When Slovakia made that third goal I couldn't resist from laughing, it was such an embarassing goal!

they woke up a bit but seriously you can't sleep like that for over 60' and pretend to win, I think slovakia went a bit in "fear mode" when Italy scored the first one but they just played better.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
I feel bad for the italians. But they really did not deserve to win, they were asleep the whole match except for the last 10 minutes. Too little too late .

Vibe219

Smash Apprentice
2006 Champions and runner-ups out in the first round. This is turning into quite an interesting World Cup.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
LoL Italy. So embarassing. I'm glad they're out, I never rooted for them, since I don't like most of the players and their attitude. This will be an useful lesson of humbleness.
When Slovakia made that third goal I couldn't resist from laughing, it was such an embarassing goal!
I am with you 100% on this :chuckle:

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Goooooooooooooooooal
wtf honda is on drug
how could he score the first goal from such a distance lol

japan 2 denmark 0!!!!!!!!

YES!

Dax

Smash Journeyman
It would be very sad indeed if they lost to a team like Denmark.
Lol come on, you're even higher in the fifa ranking =) that means you still had results in these years and you still won with cameroon :)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmao Italy. What a joke. I definitely had fun watching the game haha.
I couldn't agree with you more! Man I was cheering so bad when Slovakia got their third goal!
lol.....italy will win 4 world cups from now.
hahaha. watch this happen

I'm happy that s.korea and japan made it.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Italy played three pathetic games with the exception of the last 20 minutes against Slovakia. I'm a bit bummed Italy is out but what did they expect playing like that?

Well at least I can now troll the Italians (from Italy) that I know. =P

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it was really disappointing though, tbh. But it's hella nice to see the underdog win.

Speaking of which, I wonder how N.Korea will do in their game against Ivory Coast. Watch, there's gonna be an announcement saying that the N.Korea team will not be able to participate. hahaha.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i'm sorta mad they lost but it sorta is there fault they sucked all 3 games

i'm going to be more mad if spain doesn't continue either

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I couldn't believe Italy was threw out when I heard it. Right now, I still can't.

The Netherlands-Cameroon was more even than people taught. Yet, Netherlands won, as spected (bad for Eto'o, we'll miss him).
As for Japan, tho. They didn't survived the Group Phase when the WorlCupwas played in their country.... I hope they go well against Paraguay (even if they lose).

At least, tomorrow's games seems to be legit.
I hope they get as awesome as all we spect them to be...

arpianna11

Smash Rookie
This is the biggest sporting event in the world, and it brings a lot of happiness to people around the world. To have it tarnished would be horrible. But we always have these fears over major tournaments in the political climate we live in, but they often seem to pass by well. Here's hoping it goes well.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I have a grudge against the Italians, so when I heard they got kicked out by Slovakia, HAH! Too good.

Netherlands setup for their second goal was beast!

Browny

Smash Hater
Thought I would show off my new avatar here :p

I dont hate Italians (I have an Italian background), but I strongly hate what their team stands for. Diving is the scourge of this game, and when the team most adept at crying their way to penalties can win the whole thing, what sort of message does that send out to the rest of the comp? If you cant beat them, join them. No to mention the insane stalling in the dying minutes you see often.

Its great, coz they cant cry their way out of this one. But they will try nonetheless!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6hYOk0bYSo#t=0m33s

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Yeah, Italy's out ! I'm pretty happy, I really don't like their team.

Anyway, here's an update on the prediction contest. Yultan (a French player) took the lead from Aniolas, while ~automatic is the best when it come to predict the pool winners =)

Top Bottom