• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] DIME 8 Ft. Silent Wolf (Plano, TX)

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Although I've read on several occasions about the venue being unable to support a stream, Bowser's Revenge 10 just had one running. :O

D

Deleted member

Well, alright then.

Does anyone else want to team? Zhea and Lunchables are already taken, so I'm really up for anyone that has really good team synergy.

D

Deleted member

Well, alright then.

Does anyone else want to team? Zhea and Lunchables are already taken, so I'm really up for anyone that has really good team synergy.
Team with a sandwich[1]

Last edited by a moderator:

hazmanaz

Smash Cadet
hey silent wolf, we should team since the tourney is on my birthday. what do ya say? :D

ill even donate some money to the silent wolf MM foundation

Jake13

Smash Lord
I still thought smashboards was down from however long ago lol

I'm confirmed for this and accepting whatever mms get thrown my way

ALSO doing teams mms with Mojo, hollatchyaboys

xx7king7xx

Smash Rookie
if anyone wants to team with me i dont have a partner if not it doesnt matter see ya at dime guys just msg me at smashboards if you want

Zhea

Smash Ace
To give some background, King is one of SA's top players and has made it to several grand Finals in teams against the likes of MT + Tirino and JF + ARC. He and SOS have even put JF and ARC into losers at Crescendo.

D

Deleted member

80 people at all the dfw melee/pm monthlies in our cramped teeny tiny venue
have to leave to go to someones house and finish GFs at 4 am
REALLY? AMATEUR BRACKET?

D

Deleted member

Straight bracket is the only way this getting done at this point unless we have a godly number of setups.
So Pools is out of the question? Damn.

Also, Gabe said he's expecting 100+ to be at this tournament, mad kudos to him for dealing with all this TO stress.

D

Deleted member

pools and amateur bracket probably won't happen. It will most likely just be a huge regular bracket

MT_

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that the pools at Forte ran in under 4 hours. 16 pools, two waves of 8 each. We allotted 3 hours to each wave but each wave was done in about 1.5 hours (rounding up). DIME obviously has a higher expected turnout but I wouldn't say pools should be completely out of the question; you just have to have more pools (16 minimum for sure).

D

Deleted member

We tried to get pools going fast last time with 80 people, and gabe was getting pissed at tons of groups just leaving/not getting their matches done. I mean if he wants to go through hell and back AGAIN then thats his choice :p

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
They should have all the players stay at the pool that they are assigned to without leaving until all of there matches are finished... If this can't be possible then they should be DQ'ed. ( I suggest a 5 minute rule but that's just how i would do it) How is it fair for one our two people to slow everything down for 80+ other people?

Last edited:

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
Schedule:
(if < 100 people)
10:00 registration for singles and dubs start
11:00 dubs begins
1:00 registration for singles ends
2:00-4:00 wave 1 pools
4:00 - 6:00 wave 2 pools start
6:00-end bracket

(if >100 people)
10:00 registration for singles and dubs open
11:00 dubs begins
1:00 registration for singles ends
3:00 bracket begins

set ups are important here. if there are not enough set ups i will definitely run straight bracket.

-=Untamed-Beast=-

Smash Journeyman
Are we going to be able to utilize more venue space for setups?

And just to clarify, the amateur bracket mentioning was entirely sarcastic.

D

Deleted member

Are we going to be able to utilize more venue space for setups?

And just to clarify, the amateur bracket mentioning was entirely sarcastic.
Probably not. I really can't think of any other place we could go besides FX. Who knows though, I'm completely unfamiliar with the venues around that area.

D

Deleted member

Since the weather is going to be decent, anyone want to set up a table or two OUTSIDE? I don't know how many tables we'll have, but I'd be willing to set up my set ups outside. @ W WaterlessFishie Does FX have a spare table? I might be able to bring my own if needed.
I'm pretty sure we can find a power outlet somewhere like we did at PARG2 (before Oracle arrived, see below.). We might be able to have an outside pair of CRTs for a pool, so if we do I vote we dub this pool the 'Outdoor Pool Party' pool.
According to the Weather on Google, it will be partly cloudy and averaging around 60-something degrees. It's not 70 or whatever, but it's pleasant so you may want to bring jackets.

I'm bringing a full Melee set up (The Nus one) and my other 20 inch CRT. @ -=Untamed-Beast=- -=Untamed-Beast=- can you bring your NGC and stuff to complete my 20 inch CRT TV? You can take the other venue discount.

@ W WaterlessFishie I checked by my local Walmart twice and they didn't have name tags in stock. I might check again before the tournament, but if worse comes to worse I'll check the Walmart right next to FX. If you need help running the tournament just ask and I'll do whatever needs to get done to speed up the tournament.

GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT:
As stupid as it sounds I want everyone to bring pens. Seriously, time has been wasted looking for writing utensils for pools. Everyone just bring a pen or two, alright?
Remember, please try to bring whatever you can. If you can only bring one of the following that's awesome enough:
  • Power Strips
  • CRT TVs (Not HDTVs or Flat screens with frame lag.)
  • Gamecubes + Cables
  • Wiis + Cables
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee Disks. (Rev 1.02)
  • Pens

MT_

Smash Ace
I like how the Dallas scene has several people making an effort to be helpful to the TO without even being asked.

I'm reading what I wrote and it's possible that it might come off as sarcastic. It isn't.

D

Deleted member

I have recently accessed a CRT of my own, so I now have a full setup. <3
Bring all of your Smash goods anyway. :3
Alright. @Scotch98' (Or anyone who wants a discounted venue fee) Can you bring your copy of Melee and your NGC stuff?

I like how the Dallas scene has several people making an effort to be helpful to the TO without even being asked.
Meh, I just like being generous.
Would you like me to to tell you about the time I spent over $1,000 on Steam buying TF2 hats and games for friends a couple years back?

D

Deleted member

O.o
Bro can you spot me a twenty?
I would, but after that I was in debt for quite some time.
It's the thought that counts, right?

(Dear Credit Cards, please stop tempting me.)

Edit: Okay I'll give you like one dollar but that's it lolololol
I'm not made of money unless you count my unneeded kidneys which I could turn into a wad or two of cash.... Maybe humans are made of money. Maybe if all of us 'humans' sold our kidneys we could get over our national debt....
Oh humans. Yummy surface creatures <3

EDIT: AFTER YEARS OF HUNTING, WE HAVE SPOTTED A WILD TWENTY DOLLAR BILL:
Latitude: 79.76313, Longitude: 122.49789 .

RedGamer

Smash Ace
I still thought smashboards was down from however long ago lol

I'm confirmed for this and accepting whatever mms get thrown my way

ALSO doing teams mms with Mojo, hollatchyaboys
well, here I go again...

I'll probably team with you, if I go. Who do you play?
he plays marth. watch this guy though. I suggest teamming with him.
Keep in mind that the pools at Forte ran in under 4 hours. 16 pools, two waves of 8 each. We allotted 3 hours to each wave but each wave was done in about 1.5 hours (rounding up). DIME obviously has a higher expected turnout but I wouldn't say pools should be completely out of the question; you just have to have more pools (16 minimum for sure).
forte had a **** ton of space and setups to fill the space. and in addition, people had enough time to still play friendlies while pools were still running. (thank you for forte btw. it was an awesome first ooc tourney.) but FX might not have that kind of room available.

also jeez. this tourney is madd stacked.
let's see *ahem*

Silent Wolf
Mojo
ARC
Jake13
MT_
PK Thunder
S.O.S
Tirno
Toph
JF

HYPE TRAIN!! CHOO CHOO!!

D

Deleted member

@ X xx7king7xx , would you be down for a Double Marth Team, or a Marth Falcon team?

Zhea

Smash Ace
Aight calling some people out ahead of time

@AustinRC : Your Marth and Peach, $5 Bo5.
@JesusFreak : Your Puff, $5 Bo5
@Silent Wolf : Your Fox, $5 Bo5
@ Jake13 Jake13 : Your Falco, $5 Bo5
@omgwtfToph : If you come your Fox, 5$ Bo5
@ MT_ MT_ : If you come your Marth, $5 Bo5
@Tirno : If you come your Falco, $5 Bo5
@oscarmalherbe : Your Fox, $5 Bo5 and your Falcon $5 Bo5

And Finally. The most important one

@hamyojo 2 Bo3 1$ MMs! I'M TAKIN BACK WHAT YOU OWE.

Last edited:
Top Bottom