• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FD or Battlefeild?

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
Depends on what character I'm using. If I'm using Bowser I avoid platforms like the plague. If I'm using Pikachu, however, I don't mind platforms because it helps my aerial game.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Like what the others have said, it really just depends on what character you use. Because I main Peach, I prefer Battlefield over Final Destination. Projectile users can beat me easily on FD, but on Battlefield, I can use USmash, UTilt, and a variety of other moves that make Battlefield a better stage for Peach.

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
I'd perfer Final Destination because I just don't like battlefield too much. I mean, the platforms get in the way on Battlefield. But, on Final Destination, you can have a plain, fair match here, so yeah, I choose Final Destination!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
ima have to go with bf, platforms give it a change from the neutral playing surface with only one flat surface that can be controled easyly by spammerS :D

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
I don't know why people dislike platforms. I love them because I like to force an opponent to eventually land on them so I can get easy hits/KO's.

I can't count the number of times a platform allowed me to KO the enemy with Falcon's knee or Bowsers Usmash and Uair along with many other characters.
BF's platforms promote camping. A falco can go under a platform laser spam you. You can't approach from above or go straight to falco. Not even with mach tornado. Going straight will get you laser damage and trying to approach from above will lead you to be up smashed. Your only option will be to roll towards him with PERFECT timing which is a pain to do.

Zevox

Smash Lord
They're equal in my mind, both at the bottom of my preferred neutral stages list. My favorite neutrals would be Smashville and Delphino Plaza, but pretty much every other neutral and neutral/counterpick I favor over FD and BF. Which isn't to say I dislike the stages overall, I just find them a bit on the dull side compared to every other option.

Zevox

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In Melee, I preferred Final Destination but it doesn't have the same feel in Brawl, for some reason. Battlefield feels better (even though it's really the same stage with different aesthetics), I'm going to have to go with it.

But as it's been said, I like Smashville the best. It's flat without gimping edges, has a platform which makes projectile spamming less viable, and has great scenery.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination. The only thing I do not like is the slanted platforms next to the ledges.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
BF is much fairer than FD i think... you cannot be gimped by the stage (or at least it is much harder to get gimped by the stage) and characters without projectile-attacks have no disadvantage against those who have one...

but... animal crossing is way better :chuckle:

SOG_Brwl

Smash Rookie
Hmm...

Battlefield: Has platforms, smaller, gives characters without projectiles an advantage, colorful, easier to recover (IMO), and night/day transitions.

Final Destination: Flat, space background, classic deathmatch feeling, projectile's have advantage, more room to perfrom AT's (if you're a noob like me), plain awesome.

Final answer:

FD, without a doubt, but I wouldn't mind playing Battlefield at all simply because it's so close.

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
There's actually a mixed opinion on this matter here, whereas I expected everyone to just shout out 'Final Destination'.
To choose between the two would be difficult. Admittedly, I play on FD more than the Battlefield. With that said, BF's platforms can make for a different experience to FD with it still being a fair stage.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield. Why? Because most of my tilts/smashes can hit someone on a platform there.

Plus, I just love the music there (Or more than Final Destination anyways, but that's probably because I've heard the Giga Bowser theme far too much...) and has even boundaries.

Chaos Carnivale

Smash Rookie
I prefer Battlefield, because all my online mates always chose Final Destination, so i've got pretty sick of it. You get to play it like 234604 times each day, and it's so annoying! And i hate those ''gimping'' edges...
-_-

Toadsanime

Smash Journeyman
UK, England (We got Brawl late. Get over it.)
I prefer Battlefield, because all my online mates always chose Final Destination, so i've got pretty sick of it. You get to play it like 234604 times each day, and it's so annoying! And i hate those ''gimping'' edges...
-_-
You play Brawl that often every day...? I'd get sick of the game at half of that rate, let aknown the stage.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Goodness I almost forgot about this thread...

By the way, they say Final Destination got larger (longer), is that true?

It's hard to compare because the chaarcter models in Brawl a larger.

Draconian

Smash Cadet
FD. Simple, clean, excellent. Not saying battlefield doesn't rock too, just... those ledges can mess up my aerials.

AME2

Smash Cadet
I like both with my G&W

FD: Can make great use of G&W's aerial game

BF: Can Dair through tiers, and to me, is the better stage.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Final Destination is better in my opinion.

Nice, clean, and straightforward. Perfect for serious matches.

I don't care for Battlefield that much, even though the music is awesome.

Yoshima

Smash Cadet
Final Destination is better to me, I love it's simple yet effective feel. As Marik Yoshi put it: ''Nice, clean, and straightforward. Perfect for serious matches.'' and who dosen't love a serious match?

ON-2

Smash Rookie
I perfer Battle Field over FD. On Battle Field my mains getting caught under FD's ledge during an Spin Attack/Cypher. That and FD is overused. /:

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield all the way. Involves smarting playing because of the platforms.

It leaves more room for though and error. I love making people think and kicking their ***** at the same time.

Top Bottom