• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FD or Battlefeild?

Trapt497

Smash Ace
For the most part it depends on the character I'm playing, but I prefer Battlefield. I like having at least a couple platforms, and the stupid edges on FD really make me mad when they stop my up b sometimes.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I think that both stages lack some of the better, non selectable (unless custom stage) songs. But in the end, I love Battlefield, and hate FD. FD also has some ugly curves under the ledges, that don't help survival.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I like Battlefield better than Final Destination. Those lips are too big and hinder a lot of characters from returning. It may seem good for you if your opponent dies from this, but you're not laughing when it happens to you.

fox mctipper

Smash Cadet
i think its kinda comparing apples and oranges. for one on one, ultimate battle of ultimate destiny to decide who's the supreme player in the room, gotta go with FD. for battles with 3 or 4 players, gotta do battlefield cuz theres more room and more possibilities.

Aznpkilla

Smash Cadet
I play Final Destination more, but I actually prefer battlefield. The lip on FD absolutely slays me when I'm Marth.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I like Battlefield better. The platforms add a little to the battle, whereas Final Destination battles can seem bland in comparison because of only a single area, at least to me.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
what type of question is this battlefield is way bttr and its one of the fairest stages evr
-wait- arent there multiple threads about this

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Final destination. On battlefield you can camp under the platform and up smash.

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
Now, Kirby's Dreamland64 stage was good, as there was space to move around.
That was indeed a great stage.
I think that FD is great with Toon Link, so I will go with that one. Plus it is so simple and yet so fun :).

Baxtur

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say that I like FD better then BF. The platforms on BF are sort of annoying...

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I hate FD compared to BF.

FD has crappy music, annoying background, and a jacked up portion underneath the ledges.

BF on the other hand has good music, steady background, slanted ledges, and platform as to allow an easier time approaching campers.

Battlefield wins, in my opinion.

5ive

Smash Champion
As a Pikachu, the edges of FD don't really bother me, but the platforms in BF really piss me off.
I'd say FD.

E.M.

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why people dislike platforms. I love them because I like to force an opponent to eventually land on them so I can get easy hits/KO's.

I can't count the number of times a platform allowed me to KO the enemy with Falcon's knee or Bowsers Usmash and Uair along with many other characters.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I like playing on battlefield more in general. Aside from that, if I'm playing competitively as Diddy I would like FD just cause it's a better stage for him

omgomgomg that post was number 2500 BOW DOWN TO MASTER GR@ND3Z4

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
It all matters what characters you use. With my Pit I hide from BF like it an automatic loss. An example was I was playing a ROB on FD and it came down to the wire (On FD) but he won (Barely). Then we played on BF and he 3-stocked me.
But with my Falco I love BF. He has a huge advantage because of the platforms.
So it all matters who you use and who your playing against.

Top Bottom