• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FB3: The Shocker//April 11th-12th PDX

Climax11

Smash Ace
I think that's a smart idea keep. Although I don't picture many people counter picking distant planet or onlett for teams, if it happens I'll keep an eye out on it.

Eggz

Smash Hero
guy, these rules are generally the best for stage bans

1: no walkoff edges
2: no walls or cielings
3: no unavoidable random things

Climax11

Smash Ace
You're right, for some reason my mind was fixated on how it's hard to walk off on Onett and how the cars don't hit, but I didn't really think about how the buildings wall you in. Ii'm getting rid of Onett.

But I still don't think Distant Planet's hazards really fall under any of those 3 mentioned items. It has one walk off, but camping isn't the easiest thing to do there. I figure everyone gets one ban so they can easily use it to get rid of Distant Planet. No?

keeper

Smash Champion
Heh, I agree with Eggz's rules.

Though I actually happen to like Distant Planet (call me crazy).

Anyway, I look forward to this and I'll hopefully being doing all three brawl tourneys. See all of you that come there. ^_^

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just allow these two for Neutral/Counterpick stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville
Additional Counterpicks: Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island

Then all is good.

VenusGospel

Smash Apprentice
So Guy, if everything works out right I can come over as early as I would need to. Otherwise I'll find out tomorrow how things are going to work out and I'll let you know exactly what's going on.

The_Loki

Smash Apprentice
Anyone coming from WA have an open seat I could buy off ya? I wanna come down to this but my ride fell through.
same :(

I'm trying to scrounge up a ride but he's 50/50 right now and said he wont decide till the last minute but if he pulls through we'd have room for 1 or 2 more.

Help!

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to do some brawl money matches if anyone wants to do that.

Edit : Also trying not to have Distant planet or castle siege in 1v1 counterpicks, cause i hear DDD has chain grab infinites on Various people and I'm trying not to lose stock vs DDD due to walk offs.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
People are complaining a lot about stages. I think that Castle Seige and Distant should stay on, neither are broken enough by themselves to warrant banning due to the walk-offs, but if it's abused in tournament (like, someone 2-3 stocks someone with only that as dedede), then the match should be replayed and that stage should be banned. Otherwise, like, it's not good to pre-emptively ban everything.

I've only played Xeris' Dedede and it cg'd me across the stage, but a grab was rather rare most of the time (like maybe one per match), since dedede is a stupidly slow character. It'll probably end up being like the pokemon stadium walls for fox in melee. They can be used for infinites, and caused matches played during that time to change up a bit, but weren't super gamebreaking.

I'll do my best to get Luigi's banned though, get ready for some crazy hyrule camping.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
But Dedede can chaingrab certain characters without walls. Like, infinite, without moving forward:( Against Ike, DK, Snake, and some of the other big characters. Ask Timmy:(

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
It's okay though because Dedede has a really funny down taunt.

Luigi's Mansion should be banned. I hate the lag that the walls produce it's hecka gay.

Climax11

Smash Ace
I'm trying to do some brawl money matches if anyone wants to do that.

Edit : Also trying not to have Distant planet or castle siege in 1v1 counterpicks, cause i hear DDD has chain grab infinites on Various people and I'm trying not to lose stock vs DDD due to walk offs.
My thought on this is, everyone get's a stage ban on a counter pick. Also, with the exceptions of finals, at most each player would get to pick one stage, along with neutrals for the first round. That said, if you're facing a DDD, ban whichever one of these two urks you the most. Or if you realize it's a mute point because the other's still there, use it to ban something else that you hate even more. Like aftermath said, I havn't encountered anyone who can consecutivly pull off grab's with DDD.

As for Peachmasta's thoughts on Luigi's Mansion, truthfully I don't plan on using the stage myself, unless a rare circumstance would come up, so if there was an over all feeling of a desire to ban for this stage, i'd be will to do that.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
The reason I hate the argument of "you get stage bans, so ban the stages that are gay" is that the reason stage bans were implemented was not to ban broken stages, but to ban stages that your opponent would be good on but you aren't, not just ones of "I have to ban this just in case he goes dedede (or some fast character on Luigi's), but then still getting screwed on either the other walk-off stage, Luigi's Mansion, or some stage that you knew he was amazing on, but you wanted to take a precaution of banning 1/3 of the gay stages that you don't think should be on.

But yeah, not really trying to be a ****, I still think the stages should stay on for the time being, except Luigi's.

jankerrific

Smash Journeyman
may have to take me off the list for melee, even though its really what i wanted to play. but i can make the brawl events most likely. i get off work at 2 tomorrow afternoon, so i can attend anything after like 3.

BC-Chris

Smash Journeyman
srry can't make it I was in the emergency room due to one of my nutz exploding during sex ( hardcore sex)
thats my john =[
and got married to her after blowing my nutz

Climax11

Smash Ace
Todays the day. :) I look forward to seeing everyone from now til Sunday.

Remember, if you can bring any set up equipment, ranging from:

Wii's
Game Cubes
Tv's
Surge Protectors/Extension Cords
Game Disks
Folding Chairs
Recording Equipment

With out it being a hassel to you, please do so. The more equipment we have the fast the tournaments can go and the more games you can get in with new people and familiar faces.

But if you can't, don't stress it :)

If you have any questions/concerns, or just get lost, my number is 971 222 4789.

keeper

Smash Champion
Just remember, I'm bringing:
Two Wiis (with the game, duh)
GCN (complete as well)
TV

I could probably throw a cord in there and see if I have an power strips, but I can't guarantee the power strip or extension. One of the Wiis is being brought by my friend too.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
So Ryan and I will be coming today. We got ourselves a ride. We will try to bring a tv with a wii and a brawl. I don't know though we will see. We will probably be there like 5-6 or something like that. Is there going to be food Guy or should us po kids eat before we leave?

Also, Ryan and I want to play A LOT of doubles so everyone should play with us because we need more doubles experience for Brawl.

Climax11

Smash Ace
some food, you might want to get real stuff though. might do a pizza order later and do pitch in's with me putting down an initial base.

Top Bottom