• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite TV show

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
I love Late Night with Conan Obrian. Lately with the california recall those arnold .... ok, so i dont know how to spell it, but you know what i mean ... bits, ahhh. Including anime is pointless because of that other thread... and ... well... thats about it for now....

SNTRL

Smash Lord
I have alot of favorite shows, but I'm only going to post at least six in order.
Family Guy (I don't wanna go to my room,their's a evil monkey in my closet.)
Spongebob ( I'm ready)
Futurama (This mission will be very dangerous, so Fry, Lila, and Bender you three go.)
DBZ/GT (Ka..Me..Ha..Me..Haaa)
Yu Yu Hukusho ( Spirit Gun)

Syterion

Smash Cadet
You people need to start watching the Daily Show. Jon Stewart is hilarious. None of the other shows are even half as funny. It wins Emmy's because of it, you know.

princeps

Smash Journeyman
1. *******. i am also enjoying the new bam show, viva la bam. wildboyz is ok but i don't think steve-o and chris know what the **** they're doing out in the wild.

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
My TV top 5:
1) Aqua Teen Hunger Force
2) Reno 911!
3) Late Night with Conan O'Brien
4) South Park
5) Trigger Happy TV

INFESTD

Raging Pirate
BRoomer
my favorite shows are:

Sealab 2021
Aqua teen Hunger Force
Ren & Stimpy
MXC

The adventures of Teddy Rupex was awesome. Remember when he and that pick where peppering pickles and sneezing at the precise time that time stoped so they were the only ones that didn't get stuck in time. That was awesome.

SakuraPichu

Smash Ace
1. Kenshin
2. Inuyasha
3. DB's (all of it)
Time for the american shows
4. Charmed and/or Angel
And other various 1-hour shows.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
1. Simpsons (new episodes are okay, but i watch the older ones)

2. The Family Guy (REALLY?!! NEW EPISODES!!!!) / Futurama (both are equally funny.)

3. Friends (sue me, it's funny...despite no black people)

4. Scrubs (my dad is a doctor, and i know alot about it, so we find it pretty hilarious.)

5. Smallville (new episodes are okay)

6. Aqua Team Hunger Forece (one of the funniest shows ever)

7. Sealab (well its funyn too, but i hated like one episode)

8. HeMan (hehe...lets never talk about this again...)

9. NEW SNL (although without chris kattan and tracy morgan, it's lsot it's touch.

10. Transfomers (all) (Well, the child inside never does die)

honorable mention: Trigun (well i only saw 5 episodes, and i never wanted them to end.)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm changing the format of this topic. You aren't allowed to just list your favorite anymore. You must at least give two reasons why you think the show is good. These listing topics are starting to get on my nerves.

Fox 2k3

Smash Ace
Why do people is lazy to write. Well I'll give you an example of what Mcfox means.

Other of my favorite shows are...

Sponge Bob Square Pants: because is so funny although patrick is the comedian of it, makin a lot of funny cartoons like the Krusty Krab Training Video.

Yu-Gi-Oh: I like it because is a card based cartoon, and the good drawing of the monsters like Slifer the sky dragon, and many others.

Red Dragon

Smash Lord
Inuyasha: My favorite show, it has my favorite storyline in an anime, its adventurous and sometimes funny (remembers the Monk grabbing Kagome's a$s).

Trigun: Who wouldn't wanna be like Vash without all the scars and the pain?. Well i love guns, and this show has everything, comedy, action, adventure, and of course...guns.

Family Guy: Pure Comedy, i like it more than the Simpsons. Stewy eats the cake in cartoon comedy, the makers are pure geniuses.

Those are my top 3 fave shows ^^.

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
aight, nway i forgot to mention X-play. becasue it's the only good videogame show on tv, they have the running Dik-Dik joke, and its funny at times.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
The top 10 Best Shows EVER:

10. Trigger Happy TV: Random pranks played in public so absurd you'll have to see them for yourself. Thankfully, it's all caught on tape for our viewing pleasure.

9. The Drew Carey Show: With funny men Drew Carey and Ryan Stiles in the cast, you know you've got a winner. One of the best laugh-out-loud sitcoms there is.

8. Cowboy Bebop: A fine work of anime that will probably go down in history as being one of the greatest achievements in the genre to date. Weaves a very serious plot, while managing to throw in equal amounts of action, humor, and drama. And the art is just sooooo detailed. It's beautiful.

7. The Daily Show: Jon Stewart is "teh funny". He takes the idea of news cast spoofs originally started by SNL, and manages to drag it out for a full half hour. Oh yeah, and it's actually funny too, unlike the SNL ones ;) All of the Daily Show "reporters" are pretty funny as well. Routine rants by Lewis Black are the icing on the cake.

6. Lupin the 3rd: This was my favorite anime series until I saw FLCL (we'll get to that soon). Yeah, it's old... the animation may look a little dated. But its got a feel good sense of humor that you can't help but be charmed by. Lupin and his friends all have their own personalities that will make you love each and every one of them. Every episode features new heists, some of which are genuinely ingenious. Not everyone will fall in love with the show as much as me, but hey... this is my list, not yours ;)

5. The Brak Show: The only Adult Swim exclusive show to make my list. Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force are funny too, but Brak is the best in my opinion. Each episode is filled with the exact type of random humor that I love and crave in modern day television. You can't help but laughing when you watch it. Andy Merrill owns you.

4. Whose Line is it Anyway?: Speaking of random, spontaneous humor, this show is the king. Pick either variety, the old ones, or the new ones. They both rock. Improv masters square off in the game where anything goes and the points don't matter. Reruns are shown on Comedy Central fairly often. Watch it. Stands alone as the only show to make me laugh so hard I have literally fallen off the couch.

3. The Simpsons: Matt Groening (or his writers, at least ;) ) is a comedic genious. There's... really not too much I can say about this show that everyone doesn't already know. It rocks, nuff said. The only reason it isn't higher on my list is because the more recent seasons haven't been as funny. But the show is still awesome. We'll always have reruns :)

2. FLCL (aka Furi Kuri or Fooly Cooly): "FLCL is the weirdest show ever" - Arrow. And I still stand by that remark. But it grows on you... a lot. Be prepared for nothing to make sense the first time you watch it. Thankfully, it's only 6 episodes long, so you can easily watch it through a second, and third time, which you'll probably need to in order to even partially understand it. A lot of it is symbolic though, so you can either try to find your own meanings behind it, or you can just watch FLCL at face value... it's still pretty darned entertaining. the animation is wacky, the voice acting is superb, and each episode is filled with side spiltting, crazy humor.

1. Futurama: You know, it seems like The Simpsons started being less funny about the same time that Futurama was started. It's my personal theory that this is because Matt Groening switched all of his creative humor over to this show. Though Futurama hasn't been around for half as long, I think it easily edges the Simpsons out for funniest show ever. It takes a while to get used to... it's a bit different from the Simpsons. But once you get used to it, you'll love it. The characters are a lot more lovable. I know I'd take Bender and Dr. Zoidberg over Homer and Bart any time. Just watch it. I guarantee you'll love it.

Other honorable mentions: Smallville and Gillmore Girls - the only WB shows worth watching, Reboot - the best computer animated show ever, and Clerks - though short lived, every episode is pure Kevin Smith comedy gold. Rent the DVD! Also, I've been liking the new X-Men series (X-Men Evolution), at least the few episodes I've seen. It's kind of weird because almost everyone is in high school... but a lot of the characters are pretty cool (like Nightcrawler and Shadow Cat). Still not as good as the original, though.

And now, I end with the six WORST shows ever.

6. Anything professional wrestling related: It is neither professional or wrestling. Discuss :p In all honesty, I've been open minded about it, because I have a lot of friends who are into wrestling... but I just can't see how anyone is entertained by it. There's just something very boring about watching a bunch of steroid pumped guys pretending to beat each other up. I can actually feel brain cells dying when I watch it.

5. That 70's Show: Ashton Kutcher *Shudders* But even is he wasn't in the cast, the show still would suck because it simply isn't very funny.

4. Anything on MTV: *Shudders twice* Remember when MTV used to play music? Yeah, I don't either.

3. Will and Grace: *Shudders so much I pass out*

2. Malcom in the Middle: It's not funny, period.

1. South Park: The number one worst show ever conceived. Not only is it not funny, but it's routinely makes sexist, religious, racist, and drug related jokes, all of which are incredibly degrading and should never be joked about. The rest of the show is spent making childish dirty jokes that I heard back when I was in first grade. Grow up, please.

If you disagree with my opinions, I don't really care. But if you still feel the need to argue, please keep it out of this topic. You can email me at: Its_not_my_fault_your_shows_suck@pwned.com

X-Smasher

Smash Journeyman
1. South Park: The number one worst show ever conceived. Not only is it not funny, but it's routinely makes sexist, religious, racist, and drug related jokes, all of which are incredibly degrading and should never be joked about. The rest of the show is spent making childish dirty jokes that I heard back when I was in first grade. Grow up, please.
Why does it suck? I think it's funny!

The 5 Best Shows Ever to be Made on the History of the Earth

1. Robot Wars: I enjoy watching robots that smash each other to a bloody pulp and I like Sir Killalot.

2. BattleBots: The same as above but Ziggo is on there and it's got arena saws.

3. Beat the Geeks: It's funny and it's a game show. Nuff said.

4. Family Guy: It brings out the funniest humour and the old episodes where the ones to watch.

5. The Simpsons: It has good humour and the best reason around: WHO DOESN'T LIKE THE SIMPSONS?

Honorable Mentions: South Park (it's hilarious and well-planned out), Inuyasha (has great plots and it's anime) and Pokemon (the new series is better and I ain't ashamed of posting this)

The 5 Worst Shows Ever to be Made on the History of the Earth

1. Kids from Room 402: (inhales deeply)......IT SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! SUCKS! (passes out)

2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force: No offense to any ATHF fans but this show couldn't get any worser than it already is.

3. Ripping Friends: John K. was better off with Ren and Stimpy and besides, it's pointless.

4. Knights of the Zodiac: What the **** were they thinking???? Must be on dope or something.

5. Survivor: GOD****IT! WE DON'T NEED ANYMORE HIPPIE CRAP!!!!

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Arrow
South Park: The number one worst show ever conceived. Not only is it not funny, but it's routinely makes sexist, religious, racist, and drug related jokes, all of which are incredibly degrading and should never be joked about. The rest of the show is spent making childish dirty jokes that I heard back when I was in first grade. Grow up, please.
Get a sense of humor. Please.

The humor in South Park is very witty, if you'd bother to notice. But you're too uptight to lighten up and laugh at jokes about controversial things. Jeeeeeeeeeeez. Smoke weed and kill whitey.

Gilmore girls? Lol. Can I call you Jennifer from now on, Arrow? Because watching that show means you have a vagina.

JBird1203

Sgt. Pepper
BRoomer
Originally posted by X-Smasher

2. Aqua Teen Hunger Force: No offense to any ATHF fans but this show couldn't get any worser than it already is.
Your grammar couldn't get much worser than that.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
Probably Futurama. i'm kicking back with illegal dvd's of seasons 1&2. I also love Kid Notorious, an excellent show. the Simpsons is overrated, yet funny. Everyone loves family guy. My brother and I enjoy watching south park. and, though it's puerile, I love spongebob squarepants. MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER IS TEH 1337!

X-Smasher

Smash Journeyman
Crono-Yeah, you tell him!
JBird1203-Don't insult yourself. It just makes you look bad. :chuckle: Besides, it's just my opinion. Lighten up.
shadowhuntr000-You're right about Futurama, Family Guy and Simpsons.
C.Sain-One word: crazy.

You know, I havn't listed my favorite shows yet (well, my Reboot choise in the 2nd post......) so I'll take a crack at my favorite shows of all time.

5) Firefly: Oh I cry for this series, cut down in it's infantcy by the evil Fox Network. The show may have not finished all it's plot lines, but it didn't need to. The 13 existing episodes are some of the greatest TV experiances I've ever had. The show has such amazing writing and characterization, and the setting premisis is just so full of story potencial. This show would have been number one on my list had it continued.

4) Quantum Leap: I can not begin to describe how this show his infulanced my writing work, the very consept of Timetravel in now etched forever into my creativity centers for all time. Terrific plots, a great premise and some of the best main characters ever. Sam and Al are the ultimate duo of all time.

3) Babylon 5: One of the greatest epics ever put on television and one of the greatest sci-fi stories of any medium, B5 just fired on all cyliners with only a few backfires. Great acting, great sets, 3D pieces and all around a great show.

2) Talespin: Man, to be living in the mid 90s with the Disney Afternoon, at first I shuned Talespin, prefering Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck over it, but over time the Pulp goodness that oozs out of this show got the best of me. A little light hearted, yet action packed, fantastic art, great characters, a wonderful show. I want a DVD set.

1) Reboot: First 2 seasons had average early 3d work, but seasons 3 and 4 have is steller artistic gold. Reboot seemlessly blends action and comedy, weaving one of the best Epic stories ever put on television. Incompleate or not, the Characters, the locations, the consept will stand the test of time with me. Best show I've ever watched.

and that's my top 5.

Top 6 through 10 are

Futurama
Farscape
Clerks Animated Series
South Park
Darkwing Duck

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
1. Futurama: "Bite my shiny metal ***!" :laugh:

2. The Simpsons: Longest running comedy in history.

3. Family Guy: I would acually put this as #2 but I live in B.C Canada and we arent getting the new episodes fast enough:(

4. South Park: Funny but the show gets lame and predictable sometimes...=/

5. MAD TV: If you read MAD magazine then you will love this show.

Honourable mention- Fighting Foodons:): I was so sad when it was cancelled. I have the last episode on tape. The show was corny but I loved it for its wierdness:******:

WORST SHOWS (In no particular order.)

- Undergrads: Lack of episodes

- Oblongs: See above

- John Callahans QUADS: Way too twisted to be funny...:freak:

-Beyblade (Gheyblade): How could a show about spinning tops be good? :confused: It cant!

- Yu-Gi-Oh: Ripoff of Pokemon

-Digimon: See above

- Medabots: See above

-American Idol: PLEASE GOD! MAKE IT STOP!!!:crazy:

-Survior: See above

- That 70's show: Ripoff of the Archie Comics

-SpongeBob: This show is ******** and should only be watched by 5 year olds

Donkey Kong Dude

Smash Ace
I like WWE Raw and Smackdown!. The Simpsons still rule, I like Arrested Development and like the old Earthworm Jim cartoon series. GROOVY! man, that doesn't get old... :p

Pokemasterkatie

Smash Ace
I too, like Smackdown/Raw; as well as animés like the Dragonball series, Yu-Gi-Oh, and of course Pokémon. You may be asking why I like the WWE shows, but even though the wrestling's fake, sometimes it is pretty good and the storylines can be quite interesting(especially right now when Wrestlemania 20 is in 3 weeks!). I also liked Digimon during the 4 years it was on, and I can't wait for Japan to do the next season(if they DO do it)!

DElf4242

Smash Rookie

Monty Python's Flying Circus. Definitely one of the major turning points for comedy, and an inspiration for many of today's comedians (Jim Carrey calls BBC "The Python Network" :D). Who can forget such classics as The Dead Parrot Sketch, The Argument Sketch, and of course, that infamous line, "And Now For Something Completely Different". Judging by the type of humor that many posters in this thread seem to like, I reccomend that anyone who hasn't watched any rent an episode or two. Their movies also are some of the funniest ever made; "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" is a great starting place for new Python watchers.

We'll miss you, Graham Chapman. :(

---

And please, please, PLEASE, stop the lists of "least favorite shows"; even if you give good reasons, it's just asking for a flame war to start.

Zink

Smash Champion
Oh dear oh dear oh dear, how did I not see this before...? Anyway... I don't think I'll say mine for now at the risk of flaming. Suffice to say it is neither funny nor reality show... it is now over after 152 episodes (2 a week) and was orginally filmed in Korean but was dubbed in English. OK, you have your hints, if nobody guesses it in 5 posts I will reveal all...

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
Favorite T.V. show on now? I am a Lost fan all the way!!!!!!

Favorite show that is no longer on. Monty Python's Flying Circus but Blackadder, Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, and Mr. Bean. British comedy rocks!!!

Top Bottom