• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite TV show

Originally posted by Shadow Swordsman
my favorite: Trigun.

that show was ok. good graphics, but the story i was a bit iffy about.
The Story is WHY its the greatest Cartoon ever made. Halfway through Season 2(andrAIa episode) and up through seasons 3 and 4 is one of the greatest ongoing tales ever put to film.

Gerudo Knight

Blademaster
BRoomer
Originally posted by The Last Great Adventurer
The Story is WHY its the greatest Cartoon ever made. Halfway through Season 2(andrAIa episode) and up through seasons 3 and 4 is one of the greatest ongoing tales ever put to film.

Exactly, Mainframe (The show creators, not the city) had two huge hits with ReBoot and Beast Wars (Curse you Beast Machines!!!)

Anyone remember War Planets (or Shadow Raiders)? It was a lesser known Mainframe show, I tought it kicked *** but it got cancelled to quickly.....

My favorite shows though, are The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin, ReBoot, Beast Wars, and Batman: The Animated Series.

KenshinSlayer

Smash Rookie
24 hands down. Well, besides all the anime out there, this one gets my vote because of many reasons obviously, but mainly due to it's premise.

The major plot is always very excellent, though I must admit it has it's share of wild plotlines.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
Everybody Loves Raymond
The Screen Savers
The Amazing Race

I also loved Beast Wars and I am recently getting back into a past craze of mine- Power Rangers ;) ......

pikamon

Smash Ace
I can't believe no one has said Smallville! That show is great! I love Superman and Batman, and this show is a tribute. The third season starts in a few months (too long if you ask me).
Next to that, I'd have to say Family Guy, Batman Beyond, Justice League, and That 70's Show (in that order).

The Duck

Smash Champion
My Top Twenty

These are in order from best to last - I'm only picking cartoons this time around.

1. Spongebob Squarepants
2. The Simpsons
3. Sitting Ducks
4. Samurai Jack
5. South Park
6. Beavis & Butt-head
7. Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
8. Old Ren & Stimpy
9. Rocko's Modern Life
10. Bugs Bunny
11. Hana Barbera Godzilla
12. Courage the Cowardly Dog
13. Dragonball Z
14. Rocket Power
15. The Flintstones
16. Scooby Doo
17. Cow & Chicken
18. Ed, Edd, & Eddy
19. Johhny Bravo
20. Invader Zim

I'll put up the sitcoms next...

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
Going back on the whole ReBoot thing. It doesnt make sense...
If those **** games are going to destroy the computer why do the poeple play them?? And that kid who must own the computer must be one rich little ******* to have like 10 billion games, cant he play them more then once? ( I know it would make the show boring but can't they get a little more realistic )

Any way my favorite show ( when including anime ) is Hellsing but there are other favorites I can't think about right now... and Big O is okay too.

But when not including anime theres The Insomniac, Whose Line Is It Anyway? , South Park ... well I don't know yet so if I think of anything else I'll edit my post.

Incrediblorian

Smash Apprentice
lets see...i have to say Spongebob squarepants because i actually started a whole friggin fad thing through my high school about it, and now many know me by the name "sponge", meh go figure, but after that the list goes a little something like this...

1)SpongeBob
2)Family guy
3)yuyu hakusho (sp.)
4)the brak show
5)aqua team hunger force
6)harvey lee birdman
7)everybody loves raymond, and all the weekly comedys on fox, abc, and nbc, G-d bless their souls
8)Curb your enthusiasm

thats a quick list for now, peace

Originally posted by MetalShade
Going back on the whole ReBoot thing. It doesnt make sense...
If those **** games are going to destroy the computer why do the poeple play them?? And that kid who must own the computer must be one rich little ******* to have like 10 billion games, cant he play them more then once? ( I know it would make the show boring but can't they get a little more realistic )

You're thinking to hard. But if you want to get technical.

1)Computer time is WICKED excelerated. For them one minuet lasts for a Nano second (the entirity of Season 3 and 4 could have lasted a Day in real time,) Game damaged sections can and are repaired, so the damage isn't noticed by the "Users" Mainframe is the RAM of the computer, when games decend its using a chunk of that ROM, when it leaves either the Sector is preseved by a game win, or the sector is nullified if the user wins. It's not supposed to mimic reality.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Definately Big Brother. There is no doubt about how this show is the greatest show in existance.

Other than that, probably Spongebob Squarepants and Survivor.

Oh and I like the Practice.

MetalShade

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by The Last Great Adventurer
You're thinking to hard. But if you want to get technical.

1)Computer time is WICKED excelerated. For them one minuet lasts for a Nano second (the entirity of Season 3 and 4 could have lasted a Day in real time,) Game damaged sections can and are repaired, so the damage isn't noticed by the "Users" Mainframe is the RAM of the computer, when games decend its using a chunk of that ROM, when it leaves either the Sector is preseved by a game win, or the sector is nullified if the user wins. It's not supposed to mimic reality.
I know, just sometimes that show bugged me, evened though I did like it alot. And I also didn't like how they portrayed the internet. It was so weird ...

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
My favorite show hands-down is the Drew Carey Show. The guy's hilarious and it's funny how Mimi and Drew always insult eachother :D. Lewis and Oswald are great also. Here is a list of shows that I also really enjoy (now specific order):

South Park
The Simpsons
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
King of The Hill
Invader Zim
Yu-Yu Hakusho
Inuyasha
Family Guy
Futurama
Banzai
Malcolm in the Middle
Spongebob
Rocko's Modern Life
The Man Show
Al-TV (The T.V. Show you were born to watch)

That's all I can think of now. THat's a pretty long list for me, since most of those shows were cancelled somehow, or I barely get the chance to watch them.

Oh BTW, death to American Idol and Survivor :mad:! I hate those shows. Probably my second least favorite shows next to all they shows on Nick Junior.

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
There is not really a "favorite" show for me. I just have some listings that can be considered my favorites.

1)National Geographic
2)Simpsons
3)Who's line is it Anyway?
4)X-Files
5)70's Show.

Of course there are other shows that I presumable enjoy just as much, but they didn't seem to pop in my head.

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
Red Dwarf is easily the greatest show in existance, an epic story of four men traveling in a vast universe with nothing to do but play poker and get involved in insane and complex adventures. It has a perfect combination of ingenius plots and hilarious comedy. Soooooo good.

My runner up is Cowboy Bebop. Not only is it beautiful, action-packed and dramatic, with awesome characters, but it's soundtrack is the best EVER.

EDIT: How odd... I had completely forgotten that I had already posted in this topic...

MassChaos

Smash Ace
I like to watch many shows because I don't have a favorite T.V. show. Here they are...

Seinfel
South Park
Family Guy
Simpsons
Everybody Loves Ramond
Futurama
Will & Grace

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's with this room and current shows? Everybody knows that the penultimate television show is M.A.S.H. What other show depicts Army misfits betting on how far off the enemy bomber will miss the ammo dump? Sad thing is that some of that stuff actually happened (where else will you get that kind of comedy?)

quicky

Smash Ace
The Kingdom of Guardia chilling with Crono.
Well I always change the shows I see...

Here is my list(in no particular order):

Who's got game
Real World:paris
Any progarm about video games
Spider-Man The MTV series
Sakura Mail
Cowboy Bebop
Duckman
If I could see you in my dreams...
Friends
Everybody loves Raymond
The Osbournes
Motel Spaghetti
South Park
The Crocodile Hunter

Samus_Man1

Smash Apprentice
My top ten...
1. DBZ
2. Futurama
3. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Simpsons
5. Family Guy
6. Comedy Central Presents
7. Invader Zim
8. Spongebob (because of Patrick)
9. Ruroni Kenshin
10. That 70's Show

The Duck

Smash Champion
Because of Patrick, you say?

Hahaha, he's my favorite character on Spongebob (and on most shows too) as well.

Just look at him. Comedic indeed.

Silly Fox

Smash Journeyman
Yu Yu Hakusho is the only and best anime of all time.. favorite characters are karasu and hiei and maybe kurama. (karasu=bomber demon)

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Gerudo Knight
The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin
Dude. Teddy Ruxpin scares the ever-loving **** outta me. I expected the doll to come to life during the night and kill me.

Well, I love Family Guy and Futurama and the Simpsons. It's hard to say one without the other two. All three are unbelivably witty and such. And the first two didn't get the time they deserved.

Ed Edd n Eddy. This is my childhood, plain and simple. I AM Eddy and my best friends are Ed and Edd. So stupid it's funny, in my opinion, and captures the escence of childhood like no show has, other than the Wonder Years. Gotta love it.

South Park. Not just the humor, but the barriers it's broken down. You couldn't say **** on TV (or on the PC. Look, it got bleeped!), couldn't make fun of Jewish people or Jesus, couldn't talk about anal ****, etc., etc. The show is witty, satires modern society and has advanced TV as we know it. Priceless.

Reno 911. Halfway between Super Troopers and a Christopher Guest movie lies Reno 911. This show is hilarious and has a good size cult following for a show just starting up. These guys are kings of improv, or at least make it look like that. I mean, have you guys watched the brief scenes where they roll the credits? That has to be improvised. And if it's not, they make it look really natural.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Hmm. My favorite tv show? It would have to be a tie between The Simpsons and Dragonball. They're both awesome shows. :D:cool:

Thomsonsst

Smash Journeyman
My favourites are:

Family Guy
The Simpsons
Futurama
Malcolm in the Middle
Dragonball Z/GT
Courage the Cowardly Dog
8 Simple Rules
Boy Meets World
Jack@$$
Trigger Happy TV
MTV's Celebrity Deathmatch

I think thats it. If not i'll edit it.

Update: Scare Tactics

NinjaX

Smash Apprentice
South Park
The Simpsons
Malcom in the Middle
X-Files

I like a lot of other shows, but these are the best. However, X-Files doesn't appear on TV here anymore, which sucks.

South Park all the way, it's rad.

SAU Saga

Smash Lord
I really don't watch that much TV anymore since I'm in college, but these are some of my favorites:

Family Guy
South Park
Trigger Happy TV
WWE Raw/Smackdown!
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
Harvey Birdman
Sealab 2021

There are more I know, but I can't remember them right now.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Oh, yeah. Another one of my favorite cartoons that I forgot to list is that Super Mario Bros. cartoon that used to be on tv.

bonehead

Smash Apprentice
I saw some of that super mario bro cartoon when I was little. Didn't seem all that well to me, to tell you the truth. After all, I only caught a glimpse of it. As a kid my favorite was powerrangers, if anyone has heard of em.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would probably have to say "the O.C." right now. If you haven't watched it, catch an episode.

For anime I might even say shaman king. But you have to understand that I don't have cable or satelite. *sigh*

Zero EXE

Smash Journeyman
Okay, this may be long but..

Simpsons
Family guy
The Brak Show
Aqua Teen Hunger Force( FREAKIN HILARIOUS)
Sealab 2021
Jack ***
The Critic
Clerks
Scare tactics
South Park
King of the Hill
Malcom in the middle
Futurama

Thats good enough for me.
:D

bonehead

Smash Apprentice
Beavus and Butthead rule da house.

The david letterman show is also funny. my dad used to watch it back in america. I like the Tom Green Show. It rocks. My New Best Friend is also funny. Too bad they got rid of it.

Top Bottom