• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Favorite part of the 3DS version?

Favorite part of the 3DS version?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can I choose everything? Its all so good

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I can play while I poop.
if you're not using the special, corded Smash-branded Gamecube Controller ™, then you can play the wii U version while you poop, too.

think about it.
expand your horizons.

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Definitely the portability. My problem is I'm always on the move, so sitting on a coach with a console just isn't my thing. Though Smash Run is shaping up to be a really close second.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
The fact that it's portable. The sheer fact that I can play against actual people that's not my friends is the reason I want a preorder for my birthday. And I don't preorder.

Smash Run might be a close second, though.

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
Definitely the portability. Of course, I hate to choose just one thing. The 3DS stages look great, Smash Run seems awesome, and I'm very excited to see where StreetPass and other features go too. So, my real answer is that my favorite thing is "All of it". Heh.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Just so everyone knows, I made multiple votes allowed, for those who love everything I listed. :laugh:
Thanks for all the votes and comments!
PS: I voted for portable and stages.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Smash Run is probably the thing I'm most excited about, honestly. The portabliity is awesome, but I am somewhat used to that (I play Melee, Brawl, and Project M on my laptop in college sometimes, with my GC controller), and it's not so much a feature as it is just a boon that is standard as part of the system it's on.

But yeah, I wanna spend a looooooot of time in Smash Run, and I hope it has lots of missions like City Trial did in Kirby Air Ride.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Having a portable Smash Bros. is going to be amazing. Definitely my favorite part about the 3DS version.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Portability, beautiful graphics, stages based on handheld games (which I love), cheaper, 3D, Smash Run...

...And the fact I don't have to buy an overly expensive console with two or three good exclusive games only to play Smash.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
My favorite part is portability. The fact that I can kick my friend's butts anywhere I want, and also the fact I'll be going to college soon and I won't be able to bring my Wii U with me seals the deal.

Raijinken

Smash Master
I voted for all except stages (Only Ferox and Wily's Castle really stand out). But really, the best answer is "The fact that it's Smash"

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
The fact that it's portable smash bros. And Smash run. Smash run really makes me excited for this version.

D

Deleted member

I'd choose everything. Smash Bros. on a portable console is both mind-blowing and awesome at the same time.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Portability, beautiful graphics, stages based on handheld games (which I love), cheaper, 3D, Smash Run...

...And the fact I don't have to buy an overly expensive console with two or three good exclusive games only to play Smash.
This

I don't have a WiiU (neither want/can buy it) so Smash with all its glory in 3DS is really great for me and many people

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Not to start something, but I don't really see how Wii U is "overly expensive". It's cheaper than PS4 and XBO, and comes with a game. It's only $100 more than a 3DS XL, and online is free, and it's backwards compatible.

And if you think it only has 2-3 good games (out or upcoming), I have to either question your taste in games/if you've played any of them or if you actually know what games are out/coming to it.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
That portability yo. Living in a dingy shared college dorm, you need to optimize your cardboard box, I'll still save up for a wiiu later on though, playing with all of your friends:4myfriends:in the living room is always a fun experience that you just can't compare with to everyone using a different screen.

Benjamin Czamanski

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I dont plan on getting a wii u for a long time so if i get one it would be in the basement while my wiis in the living room and my basements far away from my room and i wont be able to bring the game pad to my room. I not gonna walk downstairs at midnight to wanna play smash on a wii u if its right next to me on my 3ds. Plus 3ds always appealed to me more and i dont have a wii u.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
FINALLY! People who are talking about what they are happy about in Smash. I voted for everything, but really, I'm loving the portability mainly because I get it moods where I like to multitask (AKA, watch TV and play games at the same time). I can't wait to play Smash on my 3DS XL while watching Netflix with my grandma.

Also, Gerudo Valley with the new and improved Sheik. It's so happening.

YoPoYo9100

Smash Apprentice
I am extremely exited for smash run, mostly because it is something that my Wii U version will not have.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Portable Smash Bros means I can play it in bed, at school after a short exam, and play with my friends without carrying around a GameCube controller.

Yeah, my backup battery will finally see use.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Portability. The fact that I can take Smash with me every where I go is marvelous, especially awesome when going to a far off Country Side Beach House.

Completely Serious

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of spending a little time wandering around and finding smash players to play. Portability is definitely a win for me.

Arn Allen

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aallen91
3DS FC
1633-4697-5388
My favorite part for the 3DS would have to be Portability, Smash Run, and the exclusive stages.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
The Spirit Tracks stage. I love a stage like I love a woman, full of trains, explosives, and adventurous music. Pity no woman exists like that...

Besides that, I'm quite fond of the art style and being able to bring it with me on trips easily.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Portable smash all day.
Welcome to Smash Boards!
Also, the fact I can poop and play and practically play Smash anywhere is why I'll also buy the 3DS Version. Like seriously, who doesn't want to prove how good they are on the spot?

DarthLuigi36

Smash Cadet
NNID
CmonBlueFalcon
3DS FC
3823-8676-0627
Like seriously, who doesn't want to prove how good they are on the spot?
This is a great point! We've all had those conversations where we are talking about Smash, and someone throws out the "I own with Link, you could never beat me" line. Now, we can settle these things right then and there!

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
That's

This is a great point! We've all had those conversations where we are talking about Smash, and someone throws out the "I own with Link, you could never beat me" line. Now, we can settle these things right then and there!
Yes! Now people will believe me when I say I'll play any character they choose! I mean, I might suck at smash now, so I may have to revise my statement, but I always love letting people pick for me and then surprising them.

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
Smash Run. More people I know will have it. I can play it while traveling. I can play it on the toilet. I can play it anywhere I want, whenever I want, with whoever I want to play it with.

BD2751

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bd2751
I can't wait to play on the go, get a few matches in at lunch, or try to figure out certain moves on the go, AND be able to take any progress into my WiiU version when I get home.

It's great being able to do this with Monster Hunter 3U, but Smash will be great for small breaks too.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Off-screen Wii U play can do this too, right?
If you're in range. I'm fortunate in that my bathroom is literally on the other side of the wall that my entertainment center is against, but not everyone has this kind of set up. Plus, I can play my 3DS in my bestfriend's bathroom when I'm over at his house and never stop the action. We've done this before with Monster Hunter, and we're completely okay with it.

Top Bottom