• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite BANNED Stage

TheFlyingCule

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlyingCule
3DS FC
3668-8782-5131
While I tend to focus mainly on legal stages, I can't stop myself from indulging in the more wacky stages Smash has to offer, I mean some of them are a lot of fun, at the very least when playing with friends. So what are your favorites?

Personally I love Mario Circuit, it's not too wild, but the walls changing locations and the Shy Guys driving through make for some funny situations, and also anything with Shy Guys is awesome. I'm also a total Mario Kart nerd so this stage meets those needs for me. Unsurprisingly my favorite 3ds stage was Rainbow Road :D

Some other stages I like include Skyloft(is this really banned?), Coliseum, Mario Galaxy, Mushroom Kingdom U, Wuhu Island, and Gamer. Some Brawl/Melee banned stages I really like would be Luigis Mansion and Onett. I would add Rainbow Cruise but it was dropped in this game :(

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
The Palutena's is actually a lot of fun for 1v1s when there's no camping.

D

Deleted member

Skyloft except for the part where you get to the waterfall. D:

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
A match on Great Cave Offensive has never not had at least one hilarious thing happen, so I'll go with that one. Skyloft and Dreamland from 3DS are also pretty fun.

Godzillionaire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Crit-Hit
3DS FC
3797-7329-5972
I love Boxing Ring, the music and all the lights make the battle extremely hype

safwaners

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8841-3090
Poke Floats is one of my favorite maps of all time. It has such a nice feel, and it looks so cool.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Certainly Pokemon Stadium. Love the music and seeing my favourite Pokemon, plus all the weird effects the stage has on characters is like some Mario Party minigame. If im trying to play sort of seriously ill go to Wuhu because of how beautiful that stage is!

Wish Pokefloats was back tho :c

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Mario Circuit 8. Because the music is nice.

Wuhu Island is fun too.

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Mario Circuit 8, Kalos League (sans steel form), Gamer, and Mushroom Kingdom U are all great imo, regardless of their hazards except for that damn steel form. MKU would be legal worthy imo if it weren't for nabbit.

Kangaexe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
onlykanga
3DS FC
2363-5649-9211
Mario Circuit 8, Kalos League (sans steel form), Gamer, and Mushroom Kingdom U are all great imo, regardless of their hazards except for that damn steel form. MKU would be legal worthy imo if it weren't for nabbit.
MKU has a few transformations and stage hazards that could favour campy characters or lucky people too much

D

Deleted member 269706

I really enjoy Windy Hill Zone, honestly, I think it should be legal, but I'm not the boss. Also love Castle Seige, the new Pokemon Stadium, Boxing Ring, and Coliseum. Also, Gamer sucks.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Kalos Pokémon league is by far my favorite stage in the game. I'm a sucker for transforming stages and stages with hazards. All 8 of the transformations have quirks that are both manageable and simply fun to play around with. It's also beautiful and has fantastic music too.

10/10

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually enjoy most of the stages in this game.

There aren't any real stinkers like Mario Bros or Hannebow.

JS2D

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I would have gone with Big Blue, but, you know...it's not here :(
So I'll just go with its equivalent, Orbital Gate Assault.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Pilotwings... Was acceptable and now banned. T_T.
But REAL Wacky stage!
Gamer.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Temple, Pilotwings, Luigi's Mansion and Skyloft here on Smash 4.
Smash 64: Hyrule Castle, Saffron City
Melee (I'm not a Melee player, so this is more by how it looks): Poké Floats and Great Bay.
Brawl: Green Greens (I know it's from Melee, but I am counting this as a Brawl stage since it's there.), Shadow Moses, Skyworld (this old physics make Skyworld better than it is now).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kalos Pokémon League, which also happens to be my favourite stage in Smash.

I actually enjoy most of the stages in this game.

There aren't any real stinkers like Mario Bros or Hannebow.
Those are actually two of my favourites.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Pretty much anything in the Wii U version but 75m (at least with fewer than 4 players), Pyrosphere, and Gaur Plain are at least tolerable, although GCO, Pac-Land and Palutena's Temple require a particular mindset. Actually, I'm shocked at just how much I've enjoyed Palutena's Temple in pretty much any friendly setting.

As for some of my favorites, though, Rainbow Cruise, Fourside and MK II from Melee, Mushroomy Kingdom(s), WarioWare, and PictoChat from Brawl, Magicant in 3DS, and Wii Fit Studio, Super Mario Galaxy, and the Wuhu stages from Wii U.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Gerudo Valley's a fun one, so are Gaur Plain and Pyrosphere.

Also:
>tfw Pyrosphere would've been tourney legal if Ridley weren't there
>tfw Smash 4 would've been better without Ridley

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
There are no banned stages for me really. The stages are in the game to be played on and if there are hazards, just play in the omega version. Actually one of the reasons I am not active on the Smash community as much as before is because I don't like the idea of banning stuff. /rant

But yeah, if I had to pick one, The Great Cave Offensive for sure.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
More people need to be saying Temple. Cave of Life will never get old.

Mapet

Smash Cadet
Boxing Ring, Wooly World, and Windy Hill Zone are all excellent. Too bad my friends are of the "FD only" variety.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Norfair, PS2 and Wuhu
I pick the latter two during friendly matches because they are so borderline legal

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
WiiU- Gamer, Boxing Ring, and Port Town.

Gamer is really fun to play on with balancing a fight and avoiding the mom. Boxing Ring I just love the concept of it and enjoy doing mano a mano matches. Port Town I just love F-Zero and have fun memories from playing there in Brawl.

3DS- Unova League and Tomodachi Life. I love the music that's on Unova League and all the legendary Pokemon that show up along with N's Castle in the background gives me happy memories of playing through White. Tomodachi Life I just like seeing all the miis do weird things. Plus I like the design of the level and the music is relaxing.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Gamer is quite simply one of the best Smash stages ever made.

Except when it comes to All-Star mode. Then it deserves to go die in a hole.

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Unova Pokémon League has to be my favourite stage in the series. As for the Wii U version, I do enjoy Coliseum.

Top Bottom