• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

solidsnake2234

Smash Journeyman
MajinLink 287 said:
Animes that I HATE!

1. Paranoia Agent
2. stupid *** animes like Super Milk Chan and Bobobo Bobobobo
Paranoia agent I seem to find funny for some reason probably because of all the screwed up stuff in the show.Like lil slugger thinkin he's in a video game and takes his bat and is attacking random people.What were they smoking when they made Super Milk Chan?I have found no story to that,it just seems like this little girl who goes around calling everyone a dumb*** with her two "friends" as you might call them.

HMWii22

BRoomer
BRoomer
Of all time: Cowboy Bebop
Awsome: Elfen Lied, Naruto, Tsukihime, FMA, Trigun, Hellsing, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, Samurai Champloo, Berserk
Pretty good: Chobits
Tolerable: Love Hina, Bleach
I hated these: Evangelion, FLCL

Then there's Serial Experiments Lain. I'm reluctant to rate it, because I didn't really understand what the hell was going on the whole time.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
FMA and Naruto are my favorites so far. And anyone got a torrent for the original gundam wing with subtitles and Endless Waltz? Those were very good IIRC.

Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain are also very good, but FMA is just so deep and Naruto just has such a great storyline. You can learn many life lessons by just watching anime.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Rebel581 said:
FMA and Naruto are my favorites so far. And anyone got a torrent for the original gundam wing with subtitles and Endless Waltz? Those were very good IIRC.

Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain are also very good, but FMA is just so deep and Naruto just has such a great storyline. You can learn many life lessons by just watching anime.
FMA is the best one out of those, in my opinion. I'm probably getting it on DVD someday after it's off television. So it can sit on a shelf collecting dust for a year before I watch some of it. And Endless Waltz can drop kick my sister with its awesomeness.

I also like Full Metal Panic, The Slayers and Soul Hunter. Excel Saga too. I've got all of those except Slayers on DVD.

McFox said:
HOLY CRAP IT'S MASTER JIGGYWIGGY

How the hell are you dude?
Why hello! Long time no see man!! Well, lots of things have happened in my life, I never got a GameCube but there's still time to find one on a garage sale xD I lost the woman that I loved, I got drunk xD and suddenly remembered this little and decided to come back for a while ^^

Ashura Fan

Smash Apprentice
Favorite animes... hmm...
1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Outlaw Star
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Trigun

Best movie: Street Fighter II: Animated Movie
I've seen a lot of others (but probably still about 1/4 as much as a lot of you.) Others I think I'd mention would be Lupin (though I haven't seen a lot of it,) Evaand FLCL (I think their well done, but the subject matter bothers me a little.)

I've read the manga forms of Dragonball Z, .Hack, Zatch Bell, and Naruto, which I think are all pretty good. I sware the DBZ manga isn't as drawn out as the anime, though I'll admit I've seen about twenty episodes (pretty sad.) I'm waiting for Zatch Bell and Naruto to be released to DVD, because my computer sucks and would take a decade to download and I don't have cable/satilite.

As for the Sonic animated shows (in general, as in US shows and anime,) I have to go with SatAm (Sonic the Hedgehog on ABC.) The animation isn't that great and it can sometime be rather cheesy at times, but its dubbing is pretty good (excluding Sonic's voice) and has a pretty solid, and most of the time, pretty serious plot. I wish they'd release more than the first five episodes, because its been ages since I've seen it.

raxus

Smash Cadet
Original Shows:
Sonic The Hedgehog
Mario Brothers
Thunder Cats
Street Sharks
Gargoyles
AHH! Real Monsters (and other Nickeloedeon Classics)

Transition Years:
DB, DBZ, DBGT - say what you might about the show, I don't care, it's all good
Gundam Wing

More Recently:
Inuyasha
Futurama
Full Metal Alchemist
Ruroni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakisho
Yu-Gi-Oh - that's not a bad show, shut up
Zach Bell
Justice League
Teen Titans

*Simpsons are in there somewhere, but I don't remember when I started watching that and I'm sure I forgot plenty of other good shows that I've watched/watch

Edit: Added Italics and Underlines...is case anyone cares

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
^Barely a third of those are actually anime, but all of us went through the same phases. Man Gargoyles was cool..

Devilkoopa

Smash Lord
1. Fullmetal Alchemist (I miss greed...that was one pimptacular fight)
2. Naruto (I dont care about americanization. YOU HEAR ME?)
3. Trigun (just got the boxed set)
4. Samurai Champloo
5. s-CRY-ed (i missed alot of what was going on, but it's still enjoyable...that and it's a catchy song)
6. Zoids- Call me crazy, but this was i just fell in love with this show. Everything i just loved about it....except chaotic century. That was boring on an entirely new level.

Just fun stuff: Viewtiful Joe (is this anime? someone please tell me.
Evangelion (sp?),

and DBZ at its best (i.e Majin Vegeta's fight. That was the only really good thing i can remember from it),

Deep Blue #6 (or was it Big Blue? it was that submarine series a few years back), and

Outlaw Star (i never saw the last 2 episodes. They would get to the Galactic Layline then BAM
i had to go somewhere. My fav. episode was the one where Gene was fighting that one guy who like at the end of the episode rose from his grave. Does anyone know what im talking about? cause that episdoe kicked ***.)

EDIT: Oh almost forgot: Gundam Wing- it was pretty good, but too many episode were boring. Endless Waltz was pretty awesome though

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Outlaw Star last episode(s)
they got to the layline and the McDougles and Tao Pirates followed them there. Each character splits up and has their fight with whatever pirate. Hazanko uses his magic to make Harry McDougle's body pretty much implode, then Hazanko and Gene square off. Gene fired his best caster shell (maybe 14 or something) and it cancels out hazanko and both of them "die". Then Hazanko, Melfina, and Gene are alive in the laylaine and fight in this weird Tron-esque cyber world. Gene and the crew survive, he gets a hair cut. Show ends.

I bet you never saw the unaired episode either
boobies!

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
My facorites:

1. DBZ allways and forever gotta love the old school saiyan action. I know everything about DBZ.
2. Naruto and especially not the english version. english version is god awful craptastic.
3. Cowboy Beebop. tank!
4. Inuyasha. its soo good but i want to watch them all in a row, and cant because [as] puts it on too late at night for me to be able to keep it in order
5. Samurai Champloo. sweet.
6. FMA. i love the alchemy concept, and its very unique and interesting. really fun to watch.
7. G Gundam. i believe this is the only good gundam. i love the concept of how gundam applies in this show.

Right now im trying to get into bleach. i definately like it but i cant get a hold of any copies.
I tried to get in one piece, but it just seems too kiddy. i know i should give it another chance, but i still cant see myself watching it a whole lot.

i couldnt decide where to put Zoids on the list, but I absolutely love it. chaotic century was boring though.

raxus

Smash Cadet
Devilkoopa said:
and DBZ at its best (i.e Majin Vegeta's fight. That was the only really good thing i can remember from it)
That was probably on of the greatest episodes...I have both parts of that downloaded...the entire DBZ series lead up to that point for Vegita to explode, and he did it with style, passion, and some serious kick a** skill ...

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
naruto, dbz, db, rurouni kenshin, cowboy b-bop, bleach, samurai champloo, full metal panic/alcamist, evangelion, and de gundam series (from de top of my head)

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
teen titan animation is poser anime.

yeah, the episode where vegeta sacrifices himself against buu is called "final atonement", and I too believe it is the best episode in the series. the fight between majin vegeta and goku is so fricken awsome too. its cool because at that point goku can go ssj3, but he doesnt do it because if he does, vegeta will just go crazy and blow up the planet since he's still second best to goku.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Goku doesn't go SSJ3 because he doesn't want Vegeta to feel inferior, not for fear of him but for compassion.
I heard from somewhere that they didn't expect the teen titans show to get past one season so they thought they'd just try something unusual for the style. It's got some qualities of anime but it's different enough to be something on it's own. I kind of like it

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yeah, i dont like teen titans because the characters are unbalanced.
i mean like, i saw cyborg pick up a building and throw it at a monster. if he were really that strong, when he punches regular guys, they should like, blow to smitherines, but he punches regular people a lot and they sometimes dont even get hurt that much.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I think it's weird how Robin basically has super powers now. How can a 90 pound half pint jumpkick a 2-ton dinosaur monster into a wall?

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
plus when he throws explosion discs at people, they dont die. usually they just go, "awhgoh" and fly back a little. its a kiddie show.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Donkey Dong said:
I think it's weird how Robin basically has super powers now. How can a 90 pound half pint jumpkick a 2-ton dinosaur monster into a wall?
I watch that show pretty often. It's good, but the new season isn't impressing me much. That's a pity, because season four really kicked ***.

Anyway, I'm going to link to this thread because it's about teen titans and we probably shouldn't be talking about a non-anime show in a thread about anime. I might respond to your post in that thread too, if I feel like it.

Speaking of shows that aren't anime, there's this nice one called "Avatar" on Nick. It's one of my favorite American cartoons. I'm planning to make a topic about it eventually, but if you've seen it and want to make the topic yourself, be my guest. I just want somewhere that I can talk about it.

its a kiddie show.
I know that and I like it anyway, thanks.

You can stop telling us now.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
hmm... ok. its a kiddie show.

Hey has anyone seen that show IGX? i saw the first two episodes and i thought it was pretty cool. it seems like the kind of show that could also have a really kickass videogame.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Without a doubt if the show flies at all it will. I like it so far, seems like a cross between speed racer and zoids.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
You do know IGPX is an idea that was by Toonami and produced by them, anime style. Yes, I even find that hard to believe but it's true. G.I. Joe Sigma Six also has a lot of qualities extremely simliar to the style of your typical HQ drawn anime, ex. Ghost in the Shell.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yeah bleach is kickass. i bet i'll love IGX after i watch it some more. just watched some ghost in the shell last night. it was the episode where we first see the smiley face thing from togusas drawing

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
Kikaider.
*semi-spoiler alert*

I don't feel that it really encompasses the progression of the storyline. More like a quick ending that seems a bit pretentious.

NGE is a long time favorite of mine (follow people's advice and download this show). NGE is the one show where you really can't edit without losing a lot of story and emotion, so watch the CN version at your own risk. However, I also think that NGE also does not do a good job of leading up to its very philosophical and existential ending.

I'm surprised that Serial Experiments Lain hasn't been mentioned. If you like the semi-philosophical of shows like NGE, Lain is along your line. Like all Anime shows (or any television show or movie) the philosophy is not really something that can stand on its own (in comparison with actual philosophical bodies of work like Freud or Marx), but it's the show has some fascinating logic. And unlike NGE it's does a pretty good job of building towards the crescendo right from the beginning.

Cowboy Beeboop is of course excellent. I'm curious what people think of Samurai Champloo. I was a little iffy on it, but the last episode made, which I don't know if CN has shown it here yet, (so far) was really excellent. This is also a show that has amazing dubbing and consistent quality on CN.

Grave of the Fireflies. Quietly powerful commentary on the harsh realities of WW II within Japan without commenting directly on the war itself.

Metropolis. I really love the art in this movie (though some people might not like the character design) and I think it has excellent symbolism.

I like Naruto well enough (particularly Rock Lee), but I can't stand the dubbed version. I find the dubbing of Naruto's voice maddening. Am I the only one?

Rouni Kenshin. I actually only liked the Kyoto storyline (mainly because I really like Soujiro), the rest I found fairly insipid. I also couldn't stand the dubbing job (wtf was with making Kenshin talk like Yoda).

Captain Tylor. Oh yeah, dropping the really obscure **** on you guys now. The dubbing is pretty poor, but if you can find it subtitled I think you'll find it a very amusing and surprisingly witting show (particularly as the plot deepens). Check it out if you can.

Akira. This used to be so popular that people didn't mention it because it was assumed people had seen it and loved it. Is this the case here, or am I really that old?

Azumanga Daioh. You'll look this one . This is surrealness at its absolute best. If you haven't heard of it I'm sure you'll do a google search and be dismayed at what you find, but just watch the first few episodes and I'll guarantee you'll be hooked.

Top Bottom