• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Fountain: just south of the Springs, a place no one cares about.

Also, a handy lawn decoration!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Hey guys.

we gonna smash with Kennith today...

but I cant find my phone ATM, so call it.
... but it might be out of batteries.

... just come on by.
Fort Lewis. Mears aparptments, 3ed floor, room# 5308

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm. I think you durango guys need to come on down. My car tags expired and I did not even know. So I am out of a ride for the time being.

I say this because those vids that you posted are (at least in my eyes) very pedestrian. Not to say I am "good" or anything but I doubt a D3 can beat me. haha. The D3 player is good for a D3 player but that MK sucks.....immensely.

Where is brandon?
Where is Kenneth?

And also are you guys planning on going to the NGA event in ABQ? We should all make a group effort to go.

But these are the plans that we have: Friday of the NGA tourney we are arriving for teams, friendlies, etc.
Saturday the singles
Then on Sunday we are having our Farmington tourney at Wired in
the mall.

An entire weekend of brawl!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
We are in Dallas ^.^

And Zenjamin got better then his vids, the date is for like 2 days after they started playing. I'm about to have some vids up, hopefully of me beating Dark.Pch pretty soon ^.^

@Zenjamin: Dude, I figured Brawl out a bunch! I pwn Kenneth and Spoox now XD (We are all pretty even tho) I main Zamus, she has MAD sick combos if you have good DI, and is in your face no thinking for the fat white kid style to. I also have Peach down better to, I have most of her technical **** down, and I'm beginning to work on my immensily needed mindgames.

Find internet, we need to play again. And as for you NM guys, hit me up through PM if you wanna play on the interweb, I'm ready to pwn some people before I start pwning the brawl rankings site.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Well...
Durango smash seems to have died.

But im here in school again, and in still a smasher.

... Just thought id let people know.
incase someone like nin9 moves here or something.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Hey Zen, lets broll sometime. Im still around. pm me your info and we'll set something up, I have a friend who is incredibly good and not being awful myself I think you would enjoy yourself.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Wow.
This thrad has been dead for a year.

Im bored, so here is an attempt to revive it.

Anyone in the Durango area still interested in smash?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
How cruel you are.

You know, at page 999 of the CO thread thread, I was thinking of spamming to get the first post on page 1000 and the 15000th post, but I decided not to.

I should have.

Seriously though. Somebody play me.
My roomate moved out, so I got the place to my-self.

303 440 3806

EDIT:
Guess what?
There is a guy in the dorm room accross from me who plays smash!

:D

Only the thing is, he has a thing against Wave-Dashing, Lcanceling, ECT...
He calls them exploits. ::)

Luckally, he wasnt the type to tell me I cant use the "exploits". He said it was his job to "shut people like me down"
I kicked his *** in melee.
Hard.

But he does play Brawl, and he kicks my *** there.
But ive taken another look at Brawl's Meta-game and Im gonna try it out.

Ganon still looks way too boring. And same with DDD... and way too many people play him.

But I think I may have found a kindred spirit with DK. He is much improved from his melee version, and he feels more like the meele ganon then anyone else in brawl.

Plus, Yettie DK is badass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVImpxyZfIE

(4:55 is LOL)

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Gat phucken dammit Brandon!

I thought you were going to call me and bring Durango's status back up from "non-exastant" to "pathetically sparce".

GanondorfMan33

Smash Cadet
I wish I could get down there and **** you guys, I need some different competition. Ya'll should come out to Denver where the big boys play.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Wow... the guy across the hall. The only guy near me who even pretends to play competitive brawl.... He is such a sniveling Johner.

I was DK, he picked random and played Ganondorf. The game starts. He sideBs me. I spotdodge. And I proceed to do the most amazing combo I have seen anyone do in brawl... in person that is.

Sure, he likely could have airdodged out of it at two points, but it was still amazing.
I cant even remember what happened... There were four Three Bairs, a ledge-hopped Bair, an Utilt, two Uairs, two Dtilts, a grounded upB, and a forwardB spike.

I then of course got excited. Saying how cool that was... I proceed to three stock him of my own accord.
I then say we are saving that.
He then pulls out a self-John and says that he was playing horribly and the only reason I won was because he was falling for stupid traps...

Im sorry, but getting congo thrown off the edge and Bair to spike not a stupid trap.
A 0-death "brawl combo" is not a trap.
This is a trap.

Ya... there is nothing worse I hate then self-jhons... True. We all play badly sometimes... But when you always resort to putting yourself down instead to admitting the other guy played well... nobody wins.
This is the kind of guy who will loudly yawn when he starts losing. So he can talk about how tired he is.
Even if the sun hasnt gone down and he had a full nights rest the night before.

Perhaps I shouldnt be so harsh. He is a good guy in all other respects.
But self-pitty johns are extremely disrespectful to both parties. Epically when its obvious one party does something that he should get credit for.

Anyways. Thats not why im posting this Brandon.
Check out my sig.
Brawl+.
See it. Play it. Love it.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
True true. You guys need to come on up.

Anyways, The guy across from me proved that he is indeed good, as Brandon can atest to.
I just wish he would stop with all this stuff about ledgehogging being dishonorable, and how killing people as quick as possible is apparently cheap.

He has amazing reflexes and can spot patters verry well. hopefully we can remove this block he has.

It is also annoying when you have to be way better then him, or worse then him to have it be about skill... if you play a game with someone close in ability, then its always him who is doing bad, never the other guy who is doing well.

But oh well... his general smash attitude seemed much improved after he played you Brandon. I think we could all tell you were sandbagging until the last stock when you whipped out the ****.
Though he aparently thinks that he could take Kenith if he didnt have the lag....

And what was this BS about me saying Dave was crap? I never said that. Only that he had a noobish limiting mentality.

Anyways, I just posted to say that I just ordered a SD card and the proper SD card reader.

This means that Durango now has Brawl+
... or at least it will within the week.

EDIT:
Hummmm.... Dave wont play smash today, and is just instead watching tv.
And he said he wouldnt be able to smash with you guys (Brandon) next week or any time before.
I hope he isnt feeling down. Before he was talking about trying to get the title of best smasher in Durango.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
David... is that you?

Common man. feel free to post, talk, shoot the ****.
This thread has been dead way too long.

You did way good last night espically with said noob mentality.... However, We are all noobs here.

Specific things like the right mentality, or the right strats, or the right character on the tier list.... That **** doesnt make a real difference till you start playing the big boys.
Till then, the highest priority is to try to get better while having fun at the same time.

And I dont buy that ****e that you cant really get better or have fun by playing someone who has a "sweet spot" skill level of just a little bit better then you.
Hell, you can have fun and get better by playing the computer, as you well know.
But nothing like the real thing.

.... Or perhaps that isnt you.
Perhaps im just using an excuse to try to keep this thread alive in the off chance that some durango smasher we dont know of will come to the SouthWest regional boards and discover "Hey! there are other smashers here in durango!"

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey it was BTK Paul. He should hit me up and play me. It'd be sick to play a couple rounds sometime. I think the albq kids are going to kill us, we were supposed to go up there and Taaron ****ed that **** up. Dammit. I was excited too, last time I played them my peach sucked huge *****.

Oh wells. Btk, hit me up, gimme yo phone numba and we'll play some time. (This is brandon if you don't remember)

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
That was my alt lurking account. Lol. Didn't want to post on that account. Oops.

Do you guys still play Melee? Wish you could see how much I have improved.

My Falco and Mr. G&W are currently at about insane **** status. Fox, Marth, & Falcon are decent.

Ben, how much more school you got left?

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
At least two more years. :(

I started in on the ED program rather late.

But ya... I still like melee... but I dont play it because nobody else plays it.
I miss ya man. Having someone as a roommate to play with was sick.

Hey, have you heard of Brawl+ (explanation is sig)?
Does anyone in Huston play B+?

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I have at least 2 years left as well. I will have an associate's degree once I complete 2 more classes this summer. From there I will probably get a bachelor's at UT Arlington. Then possibly a master's to become a constitutional lawyer. That is my plan as of right now.

Yeah, I know of Brawl+. I think I am the only one in my crew that hasn't played it. Sounds neat but I am really not interested. Our Melee scene is really as good as ever. All the scrubs play Brawl now and we even picked up a couple of really good Melee players after Brawl came out.

I had me some darkrain training last week. He is actually moving to the Dallas area in May so by the end of the year I will be, dare I say, pro. Muahaha. Not really but I'm going to get hella good. I'll come visit with a couple of my crewmates sometime within the next couple of years.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Sounds good... not sure I would be much of a challenge though as im rather stagnent right now...

I played kenith online awhile agao.... How he hell does anyone play on WiFi? I was under the impression that lag was about as bad as trying to play melee on a plasma screen TV.

But the lag on Wifi.... Its INSANE! Mad crazy. I just dont get it.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
I'm in Durango! But I live on campus at Fort Lewis College so there's no room. And I have no TV/console/game so we can't smash either... Lame...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Wait... Light?
As in, THE light?

Anyways, I currently live on campus too (even though I am looking for another place)
I will keep my ears open. If I find anyone who wants to smash, ill hit you up here.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yes, THE Light, as in it'd be a waste of time for him to be playing anybody from Durango!

/burn

but seriously my view of the Durango smash scene is pretty skewed by the fact that I've met Brandon and spent an amount of time with him that I'd have rather have spent at work (it's not a career) or better yet, at a Palin convention (I'm not Republican).

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Ouch.....
(But I understand.)

Anyways, my heads not nearly as inflated as Brandons. I know I would get my *** whopped terribly.

But. I havent played any smash game in over a year. (for reasons I wont get into)
So it would be nice to meet the guy and get my *** kicked in a couple of games in both Brawl and Melee just to see how the meta game has developed.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Unless they some hacked melee and made a melee+, im going to assume reversed those...

Well poopy. Even more MK in brawl then before?.... Dont get me wrong. I would never John because I lost to high tier. Epically as DK can apparently go toe to toe with MK, but its always good to see some diversity in the scene.

Out of curiosity has Brawl+ gained any sort of momentum? I started hearing about just when it was released. Played it acouple times. Seemed fun. interesting concept.....

Either way. Smash is fun regardless. Kick *** community.

Anyways, once I buy a wii, I think I will try to get Light to play me.... True, ive been out of the scene for awhile, and I wasnt anything special even at the beginning. But still, when a pro gets dropped off in one of the most smash deprived areas in the nation, right before you happen to move there yourself, you just gotta play him....

Ya know. I am typing this in the Fort Lewis Library right now..... he could be sitting 50 feet away from me, doing his sunday homework, and I wouldnt even know it...

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Cool you are going to school here too? Wonder if we have met yet.

Top Bottom